What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A New Year, A New Woo (1 Viewer)

Nathan R. Jessep

Footballguy
Welp, here we go again. I decided that if I am going to start putting details out about the new possible woo, I'd prefer to not mesh woo tales and will just start anew here in a separate thread. 

This one will likely not be as interesting, as the dynamic will be more traditional, but what the hell. If nothing else, it will be a way for me to get thoughts off my wandering mind. 

The potential woo target: Pretty and very sweet dental hygienist. She's a couple years older than me, yet looks younger than me and she has 2 daughters, who are the same ages as my 2 kids, respectively.

The backstory: She and I do have a little bit of history. I met her several years ago at a school function. We became FB friends at some point. She was divorced, I THINK, at the time we met, but can't remember for sure. I found out the story later on. Her first husband was cheating on her with one of his best friend's wife. This is critical to the story because the best friend would become her next husband for a brief period of time. I'm sure it probably went something like: already being friends, they both consoled each other when the cheating spouses were outed, kind of fell for each other and things progressed from there. So at some point, and this was about 2 years ago, best I can recall. (I'm not sure where I fell in the timeline of all that, but I know her and husband 2, henceforth known herein as "H2," had at least been dating some.) We started texting and I asked her to lunch one day. We went, it went well (but no hug, that I recall.. should've been a sign!!), but she said she had been seeing someone off and on, and she wasn't really at a place in life where she wanted to date someone. This stung a little bit because she was really the first woman I had attempted to get close to since I had gotten divorced. Looking back now, I know that she was "off" with H2 at that time, but she was still hung up on him. She was at least mildly interested in me, and also probably enjoyed the attention I was giving her. Several months later, she was tagged on FB in an engagement picture, got married shortly thereafter, changed her name on FB, etc.  Well, I had written her off at that point, and we hadn't talked much,  other than a friendly hello around school, since that lunch date.  Fast forward to about a month ago, I get a random "like" on one of my FB pics that was several months old. It's her. And I notice her name has changed back to her old name. I went and looked at her FB profile, and there was no longer any mention of H2. No tagged pics, no engagement/wedding photos. Nothing. So I wonder what happened, but I had other stuff going on, so didn't give it a lot of thought at the time. 

Recent Events: So if you followed along in the neighbor thread, you know that after things ended there, I got a random text from this chick one day saying she had seen me at my son's basketball game, and that she'd like to catch up one day. I hadn't forgot the sting of the last encounter, but I was still intrigued, and, quite honestly, needed the pick-me-up, so we exchanged texts for a few days then finally set up a lunch date the week before Christmas. She greeted me with a hug ( :thumbup:  ) and we ended up chatting for about 2 hours that day, catching up on events past. I came out and asked her what exactly happened with H2. She said he came home one day, about 4 months into their marriage and "wanted a break" and that he had been hiding text messages from his ex wife (not sure if it was the original ex wife, or if he had multiple exes). He, and his kids, moved out. Then about 2 months later he wanted back in, and she told him no, and proceeded with getting annulled/divorced. After some more general chit-chat, we both had to go, so she hugged me again, and we departed. 

In conversation she had mentioned wanting to go to one of the local college hoops games, which my kids and I always attend (season ticket holder :bowtie: ). The week after Christmas, I scored some extra tickets to the upcoming game, and left them for her and her girls at Will Call. They were going to sit with us, but she ended up having about 20 of her family members come along, so they ended up sitting elsewhere, but she did text me to see where I was at once they got there, then proceeded to come give me a big hug ( :thumbup:  )  and talk to me for a few minutes. She thanked me for the tickets and said she would be in touch. We've texted daily since then. 

Most Recent Event: We were going to have lunch again this week, which was her suggestion after I told her (playfully) I'd like to see her face again. But her work schedule was not agreeable this week, so she countered yesterday to see if I could do dinner Friday or Saturday night, pending announcement of an upcoming weekend basketball tournament schedule (her oldest will be playing in it). 

So, bearing in mind the previous encounter, I'm hopefully optimistic about this situation, because she is showing interest and is taking some initiative here.  I do plan on asking her about her intentions (just friends, possible relationship, etc.), as I want to be clear with her that I am looking for a relationship at this point. Not that it has to be immediate, of course, but it is an end goal for me, and I want to be up front about that so as not to waste my time or hers if that's not what she's looking for. 

I'm trying to think of a celeb comparison. I'll post one when I think of it. She's got straight, shoulder length, light-brown hair, brown eyes and a perfect smile (of course). Definitely one of the prettiest moms at the school. 

Stay tuned for updates as they trickle in. I'm sure they will be slow to come, if you know what I mean...

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New Woo!  May old skanks be forgot, and never brought to mind... or something like that. 

This one's history with mens would scare me a bit.  But I guess when gals get to late 30's+, they all have some sordid history with shady dudes.  May as well join the club.

This one's history with mens would scare me a bit.  But I guess when gals get to late 30's+, they all have some sordid history with shady dudes.  May as well join the club.
Yeah, pretty much. We've all been through the blender at this point in life. While I will be mindful of her past, I'm more concerned with her present, and perhaps, her future. 

how did the last one end? could i get a cliff notes I missed the last 50+ pages
Our hero's magnetism was too much for the poor gal.  After multiple, hours long hugs, she doesn't trust herself to be around him without falling head over heels (which she probably did already).  So she basically committed relationship harikari because she just can't be head over heels right now.

Her loss.

Yeah I don't like the whole H2 backstory at all. :oldunsure:  

Yeah I don't like the whole H2 backstory at all. :oldunsure:  
I am going to flesh that out a little bit when we can talk face to face again, but I would think it ending in divorce means that chapter is over for her. Or I'd hope so anyway. That's the reason I intend on having a direct conversation with her about it, though. We shall see. 

I am no relationship expert, but you're going to hit the new one with "I'm looking for a relationship" right away after scaring the other one off? Maybe let it happen more naturally? Good luck!

I wouldn't make it clear to her that you are "looking for a relationship."  I'd make it clear that you're into her physically and leave it at that.  Not to be deceptive, but don't take two steps at once.  If she's not hot for your chili, the relationship part isn't going to happen regardless.

I am no relationship expert, but you're going to hit the new one with "I'm looking for a relationship" right away after scaring the other one off? Maybe let it happen more naturally? Good luck!
I don't think he scared the last one off, just the opposite. He "cooled" her off. It seems like he's going down that road again but hasn't reached the moment of truth yet. Still think the situation with the neighbor is salvageable but he accepted defeat almost instantly.

I wouldn't make it clear to her that you are "looking for a relationship."  I'd make it clear that you're into her physically and leave it at that.  Not to be deceptive, but don't take two steps at once.  If she's not hot for your chili, the relationship part isn't going to happen regardless.
I agree with this. :goodposting:

How old are you?

Can you land a twenty something year old dental hygienist without all the history/baggage?

I'm in for Woo Two.  Glad to be reading along as it happens this time.

With all the basketball involved this time, hopefully she challenges you to some one-on-one, and that you take it to the hole... if you know what I mean. #belljr

I'm sure there's a dental hygienist spit/gag/mouth joke in there somewhere, too.

How bat #### crazy does a chick have to be to have someone divorce her twice?  Oooof.

I don't think he scared the last one off, just the opposite. He "cooled" her off. It seems like he's going down that road again but hasn't reached the moment of truth yet. Still think the situation with the neighbor is salvageable but he accepted defeat almost instantly.
I don't see it that way at all.  What is he going to do, press the issue?  He does that after she took her foot off the accelerator and he might as well spray himself down with ###### repellent. The only hope he has of getting another ticket to ride in the future is to back off.  Especially in a relationship that young, if he came off desperate and needy? Forget it.  If he backs right off, her first thought is going to be that he has other options, which will only serve to enhance his value.  Now, if she's into another dude, all bets are off for the near future regardless, but a dalliance way down the road is really only a possibility if he doesn't come off like a total loser right now.

I don't see it that way at all.  What is he going to do, press the issue?  He does that after she took her foot off the accelerator and he might as well spray himself down with ###### repellent. The only hope he has of getting another ticket to ride in the future is to back off.  Especially in a relationship that young, if he came off desperate and needy? Forget it.  If he backs right off, her first thought is going to be that he has other options, which will only serve to enhance his value.  Now, if she's into another dude, all bets are off for the near future regardless, but a dalliance way down the road is really only a possibility if he doesn't come off like a total loser right now.
You misconstrued what I meant by accepting defeat. I agree with what you wrote 100%. I spelled it out in the other thread. I meant he can still salvage it by cutting her off completely.

Bone In knows his stuff, you should listen.

Woo Hoo!

I'd give it a few more dates before asking intentions otherwise it'll sound like you are desperate. Enjoy the time together is what should be the goal always.... :)

I'm trying to think of a celeb comparison. I'll post one when I think of it. She's got straight, shoulder length, light-brown hair, brown eyes and a perfect smile (of course).
Anna Kendrick

Olivia Wilde

Kate Beckinsdale

The wife on 'Kevin can Wait', Erinn Hayes

Sandra Bullock (trying to go age appropriate here)

Users who are viewing this thread