What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (16 Viewers)

I don't believe for a second that there is an actual fight going on. This is more of the same childish kayfabe we've been enduring for a year-plus.
So, having Trumps top advisor for some time come out saying he is positive that Trump was made aware of a treasonous meeting is just part of the show? And both sides are cool with that?

Hard time believing this within that context. If it were not some new, actually fairly explosive comment, ok - but what was said is damning, and from a source that the alt-right has embraced for years.

Josh Dawsey‏Verified account @jdawsey1 3m3 minutes ago

White House just issued a statement torching Bannon from Trump. "Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was."
Statement.

Just tremendous.  It was maybe ten months ago that many of us were (accurately IMO) bemoaning Bannon's influence and, if given the choice, would rather see him neutralized over even the President. And now the president has done it for us ... and I suspect this intramural fight isn't close to over, either.

Whatever else comes of the Mueller investigation, this plus the Flynn plea makes it worthwhile.

So, does Trump even KNOW that Bannon attacked him? Because there is zero Chance Trump wrote that response.  Not. A. Chance.
He definitely didn't write it, I assume it was Kushner or Miller. But nobody would write something like that in his name without running it by him. 

White House just issued a statement torching Bannon from Trump. "Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was."
it doesn't really count until it comes from a tweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Daulton said:
Mueller hasn't shown us any evidence yet!!  That means there's no evidence people.  Duh, it's so obvious, we always get to see the evidence during the investigation, how else do we know the investigation people are actually working?

I swear you people and your blind trust that evidence exists when we haven't actually seen it.
And what is evidence, really?

i think he just watered the plants in the residence.

Todd Andrews said:
I think some of us are getting our timelines confused. These revelations and statements by Bannon were made when he was part of the Trump White House, so last year and many months ago. They seem to be attacks on his internal enemies in the administration like Kushner and Don Jr. They certainly arent current attempts to distance himself because he has made more recent statements AFTER he left the Trump admin that there was no collusion and that the Mueller investigation is essentially a nothingburger. 

He is clearly a witness and possibly a target of the Mueller probe.
bump. I missed this the first time.

James Daulton said:
Mueller hasn't shown us any evidence yet!!  That means there's no evidence people.  Duh, it's so obvious, we always get to see the evidence during the investigation, how else do we know the investigation people are actually working?

I swear you people and your blind trust that evidence exists when we haven't actually seen it.
I mean the left has been talking about evidence since Trump was elected and here we are. Nothing. Zip. Nada.

adonis said:
The trend that never fails to let us down is this:

Every new piece of information that comes out about Trump, his administration, members of his campaign, meetings with Russians, etc. all further implicate him and/or his associates.

What information has come out one serious matters that is exculpatory?  If there is any, it's vastly outweighed by the further negative news that comes out over and over.
Did you not read the recent Trump interview? He said there was no collusion enough times to wipe out sixteen pieces of evidence.

I don't believe for a second that there is an actual fight going on. This is more of the same childish kayfabe we've been enduring for a year-plus.
Is "kayfabe" a kind of pretense? Or something else? If it's simply a distraction, what do you think is the endgame? Breitbart, btw, is blowing up the Trump-Bannon back and forth on its front page this monring.

Folks, part of keeping the discourse on track is to eventually ignore flat out false claims (like 100% objectively false) such as "there is no evidence" when they are repeated over and over.

Those with the ability and desire to have even the most slightly of nuanced discussions can say "there's questionable evidence" or that "the evidence we have doesn't PROVE anything" but to say there is NO evidence means someone literally does not understand the definition of the word, or is purposefully trying to avoid, evade, confuse and misdirect from the substantive discussion. Evidence includes tweets, email chains, trumps comments from the podium, Bannon's insinuations per what we have learned today and that minor and oh so easy to overlook (if you are completely clueless or completely disingenuous) evidence that two of Trumps absolute closes inner circle have been indicted, and one has actually turned.  We can come up with a crazy fantasy where none of this EVIDENCE implicates Trump or is proof of his guilt, but to say it's not evidence is flat out wrong - be it because someone can't understand, or, more likely, they do understand but won't engage in a legitimate discussion on the matter.

Now, someone is entitled to believe there is no evidence, but such a statement, due to the above, seems pretty clear to come from a vantage point of an unwilingness to discuss this issue in earnest (since I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume we all actually know what evidence is. Perhaps I'm wrong there, dunno). So let's just let them 'believe' that their is "no evidence" (it's a clear irrefutable fact that there is, although we can draw different conclusions from it), or avoid their imo obvious attempts to just muddy the waters.

heads are smoking all over the place....I wonder if Fox will ignore it or pick a side
Can't see them do anything but ignore.

Question is, what will Breitbart and other alt-right sources reaction be, and will that force Fox to take sides, or even box Fox into a corner, so they are defensive rather than making that strategic choice.

Is "kayfabe" a kind of pretense? Or something else? If it's simply a distraction, what do you think is the endgame? Breitbart, btw, is blowing up the Trump-Bannon back and forth on its front page this monring.
“Kayfabe” is an old carnival term for pretending a ruse is real.  Old school professional wrestling also used it behind the scenes to label actions intended to sell a feud, like two wrestlers getting in a staged shouting match in public to drum up interest in their upcoming match, or a newspaper or magazine covering the sport as if the matches are not scripted.  

(word origin is unclear; some say it is “be fake” pronounced backwards, but that story might be Kayfabe)

man it sure feels like they are going to take the car keys away from grandpa real soon. would not be surprised to see trump step down and declare victory in the coming months before this whole thing implodes while he's still in office, which would be disastrous for the GOP.  

man it sure feels like they are going to take the car keys away from grandpa real soon. would not be surprised to see trump step down and declare victory in the coming months before this whole thing implodes while he's still in office, which would be disastrous for the GOP.  
Who? The GOP won't. They've made that repeatedly clear. Hell, McConnell is now digging Trump's Tweeting.  

Only potential for something to happen will be Mueller or if that isn't done before the midterms, the Democrats cleaning up in those elections. 

Until then, more of the same day in and day out. Rinse. Repeat. 

That's going to be a tough choice for them. I may actually break down and watch them after work tonight. They may just ignore it and hope it goes away.
that's my thought as well...hope they hug and make up...otherwise I expect they'll continue to be the State sponsored media and side with Trump.

Things are really heating up now. 

Unless you're afraid it they Trump is guilty, I'm not sure why EVERYONE doesn't want to see these transcripts released?
exactly...it's Republican's calling a witness before them and asking the questions they want answered....UNLESS it was all a big dog and pony show by the Repub's and they likely didn't like the answers they got and certainly don't want the public to know the what really happened.

Users who are viewing this thread