What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ret. Lt. Gen Mike Flynn (1 Viewer)

You’re right. There are many things to discuss when it comes to Flynn. So much sketchiness…

However, one point of the thread is that a reputable former whistleblower, Everett Stern released his video, and accused Michael Flynn of treason. Something that is not out of character for Flynn when you consider his sketchy past with foreign relations.

There is also this Newsweek Article.

Everett Stern is claiming that he was approached by agents from Michael Flynn’s Patriot Caucus, who told him they’re working with former intelligence agents from both domestic and foreign intelligence agencies to acquire dirt on state and federal politicians.

Stern says that he was given the impression that the Patriot Caucus did not care if illegal means were used to acquire or deploy the intelligence they sought.

Stern now says he has evidence of these contacts, and provided it to law enforcement.

Michael Flynn remains an influential figure Trump land, and his crimes and self-serving sketchy behavior need to remain common knowledge in this age when people choose to sweep things under the rug.

I'd like to hear more about the "revelation that the FBI had become highly biased and it affected their work." What are you talking about here? The Mueller report?
Thanks - I didn't read the whole thread as I should have.  Your point is valid.  Flynn was sleazy - certainly not a man of character like I used to think of him as.  In fairness to Trump though - he did fire Flynn as soon as he knew of his pending legal troubles (and the fact he lied to the VP).

Yes - referring to Comey and the Mueller Report.  Do some digging on all the revelations that have come out the past 2 years, which most of the Liberal MSM during in its reporting.  It was an unholy cabal that intentionally targeted Trump for phony allegations of collusion.  History will ferret this out and it will be one of the most important historical items to come out of Trump's term.

Thanks - I didn't read the whole thread as I should have.  Your point is valid.  Flynn was sleazy - certainly not a man of character like I used to think of him as.  In fairness to Trump though - he did fire Flynn as soon as he knew of his pending legal troubles (and the fact he lied to the VP).

Yes - referring to Comey and the Mueller Report.  Do some digging on all the revelations that have come out the past 2 years, which most of the Liberal MSM during in its reporting.  It was an unholy cabal that intentionally targeted Trump for phony allegations of collusion.  History will ferret this out and it will be one of the most important historical items to come out of Trump's term.
Thanks for the response.

This refrain:

“Phony allegations of collusion”, always gives me a little pause as to the genuineness of our discourse.

That suggests that all the contacts between the Trump campaign didn’t happen. It is certainly reasonable to, at least suspect, that there was collusion. We know the Russians interfered in our election, and Stone and wiki leaks, Manafort, the list goes on.

I accept that Mueller couldn’t prosecute the campaign (Trump, his allies), for conspiracy, but I credit that more to incompetence than lack of trying.

Trump and everyone in his orbit were in lockstep denial of any contacts with Russia, yet contacts abounded.

What is phony about that?

He absolutely does not say that. Source: the link you posted.

Dozer, are you Ron Filipkowski?
I agree that he doesn't say that.

"Potentially another type of virus that is imposed on the public". Honest question, what do you think he is saying in this quote?

Last edited by a moderator:
He absolutely does not say that. Source: the link you posted.

Dozer, are you Ron Filipkowski?
Dude, He absolutely says it. He is insane. He says a new virus will be released, and he credits “global elite.”

Covid Tyranny?

There is a reason he shares a stage with Alex Jones. They are one in the same.

Dude, He absolutely says it. He is insane. He says a new virus will be released, and he credits “global elite.”

Covid Tyranny?

There is a reason he shares a stage with Alex Jones. They are one in the same.
No, he absolutely does not. Also, he and Alex Jones are two different people.

Are you and Ron Filipkowski one and the same?

No, he absolutely does not. Also, he and Alex Jones are two different people.

Are you and Ron Filipkowski one and the same?
Filipkowski is a Republican and I'm a Democrat, so we are quite different.

Alex Jones and Mike Flynn are conspiracy theory peddlers that both profit from telling lies to gullible Americans.

What General Flynn refers to as “controlled depression”, he credits to manipulation of some type that results in financial collapse through inflation. Then he says “we will see an uptick in other aspects of the covid.”

“The various variants, there might even be another form of the SARS that is imposed on the international system.”

“Because their little plan with covid didn’t work because digital warriors and citizen journalists out there, they are fighting for the truth.”

“So, the truth has been exposed about all the covid tyranny that we are facing, so I think what we are going to see potentially another type of virus that’s imposed on the public, and I hope that’s not the case, but I’ve seen some indications that in some of the statements by some of these global elite type of people.”

Mike Flynn, and this panel of like-minded individuals, including Alex Jones, are suggesting that “Global Elites” and behind covid, and they are doing it to control the world, and that he thinks we will “potentially” see another virus “imposed” on us, and he thinks that because of statements he has heard from global elite “types.”

MilitaryTimes Article

Lawmaker wants to strip military benefits from DIA director turned Trump aide Mike Flynn

Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz. and a former Marine who served in the Iraq War, said the move is needed to make an example of the retired lieutenant general, who has courted controversy in recent years.

Flynn served for 33 years in the Army, including a stint as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency. He later served as a key defense policy voice for Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and was named as the president’s national security adviser in January 2017.

He lasted only 22 days in that position before being forced to resign from the post. A few months later he pled guilty to lying to FBI agents about his contacts with Russian officials during the campaign.

Flynn was hiding that he coordinated his Kyslyak call with Mar-a-lago.

“Flynn wasn’t lying to hide what he said to Kislyak. He was lying to hide that he had coordinated with people at Mar-a-Lago before speaking with Kislyak.”

“Not only did Flynn make efforts — by lying — to hide his consultation with Mar-a-Lago when he was interviewed (by the FBI) on January 24, but after Kislyak relayed to Flynn that Putin had specifically taken Flynn’s call into account, Flynn took immediate efforts to hide that sanctions had come up by writing McFarland a cover email she could share with others that didn’t mention sanctions.”

“When retired members of the military, especially senior officers, broadcast wild conspiracies, America’s trust in its military is somewhat eroded.”

-Roger Herbert, recently retired ethics professor at the U.S. Naval Academy

Reuters Article- Dec. 15, 2021:

The military-intelligence veterans who helped lead Trump’s campaign of disinformation

This is an excellent (and long) article that includes a who's who of 2020 election disinformation.

Among the military veterans to play a role in “Stop the Steal” were:

Lt. Gen (Ret.) Flynn-  Trump’s first National Security Advisor in 2017, who was involved in pushing the most dramatic of conspiracy claims. He urged the president to deploy the military to overturn the election in December 2020, then went on a public speaking campaign sowing doubts about the vote and urging states to conduct their own reviews.

Col. (Ret.) Phil Waldron- who insists Trump won. He gained attention last week when the House of Representatives committee investigating the January 6 riot revealed it was in possession of a PowerPoint presentation he’d shown to U.S. lawmakers outlining methods for overturning the election.

“First Waldron met with Sidney Powell, the lawyer for his old commander, Mike Flynn.”

“Then Waldron huddled with Giuliani.”

Lieutenant Colonel Ivan Raiklin- A lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve who has known Flynn since 2014, when he said they both worked on military intelligence matters. Raiklin is an attorney and a leading promoter of the “Pence card” theory – in which Vice President Mike Pence purportedly could have blocked the January 6 certification by Congress of Biden’s victory.

Raiklin, is now facing an internal Army Reserve investigation over whether he violated Reserve rules against partisan political activity, a military official told Reuters.

Raiklin laid out a plan to reverse the vote, alleging conspiracies involving Pence, intelligence agencies, big tech, China and the postal service.

Captain (Ret.) Seth Keshel, a former Army captain who worked in intelligence and who claimed to have developed statistical models that prove the 2020 election results were fraudulent. Trump embraced the claim, saying the report came from a “highly respected Army intelligence captain.”

His analysis, which provided no documented evidence of fraud, was discredited by political scientists, statistical experts and Republican and Democratic election officials.

Keshel’s analysis “is literally devoid of statistical validity,” said Brian Corley, the Republican county supervisor of elections. “People just took it as fact.”

“When retired members of the military, especially senior officers, broadcast wild conspiracies, America’s trust in its military is somewhat eroded.”

-Roger Herbert, recently retired ethics professor at the U.S. Naval Academy

Reuters Article- Dec. 15, 2021:

The military-intelligence veterans who helped lead Trump’s campaign of disinformation

This is an excellent (and long) article that includes a who's who of 2020 election disinformation.

Among the military veterans to play a role in “Stop the Steal” were:

Lt. Gen (Ret.) Flynn-  Trump’s first National Security Advisor in 2017, who was involved in pushing the most dramatic of conspiracy claims. He urged the president to deploy the military to overturn the election in December 2020, then went on a public speaking campaign sowing doubts about the vote and urging states to conduct their own reviews.

Col. (Ret.) Phil Waldron- who insists Trump won. He gained attention last week when the House of Representatives committee investigating the January 6 riot revealed it was in possession of a PowerPoint presentation he’d shown to U.S. lawmakers outlining methods for overturning the election.

“First Waldron met with Sidney Powell, the lawyer for his old commander, Mike Flynn.”

“Then Waldron huddled with Giuliani.”

Lieutenant Colonel Ivan Raiklin- A lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve who has known Flynn since 2014, when he said they both worked on military intelligence matters. Raiklin is an attorney and a leading promoter of the “Pence card” theory – in which Vice President Mike Pence purportedly could have blocked the January 6 certification by Congress of Biden’s victory.

Raiklin, is now facing an internal Army Reserve investigation over whether he violated Reserve rules against partisan political activity, a military official told Reuters.

Raiklin laid out a plan to reverse the vote, alleging conspiracies involving Pence, intelligence agencies, big tech, China and the postal service.

Captain (Ret.) Seth Keshel, a former Army captain who worked in intelligence and who claimed to have developed statistical models that prove the 2020 election results were fraudulent. Trump embraced the claim, saying the report came from a “highly respected Army intelligence captain.”

His analysis, which provided no documented evidence of fraud, was discredited by political scientists, statistical experts and Republican and Democratic election officials.

Keshel’s analysis “is literally devoid of statistical validity,” said Brian Corley, the Republican county supervisor of elections. “People just took it as fact.”

Comments on this Article:

"Terrific @reuters investigation. Mike Flynn, who defended the idea of using martial law to redo the 2020 election, previously worked on secret military projects with Phil Waldron — the coup PowerPoint guy — and drafted him into the movement to overturn the election."

"New from @reuters: Military veterans played a key role in persuading millions of Americans to believe the falsehood that the 2020 election was rigged, with Mike Flynn front and center. More than a year later, they're still trying to undo Trump's loss."

Article from yesterday….

The Guardian  is just now getting up to speed on what readers of this thread have known since November 1, 2021.

“Ex-whistleblower says group enlisted his help to seek potentially damaging information on two members of Congress to prod them to back audits in key states Trump lost.”

Mike Flynn is IN-SANE.

He is on a quest to make you believe that you are a victim on a global scale.

Poor you. Follow him and send him your money. He will stifle your fear and protect you from… Bill Gates.

He. Is. Crazy. And. Dangerous.

He should be stopped and locked up.

New York Times, Feb. 4 2022:

Michael Flynn Is Still at War

The general tried to persuade Donald Trump to use the military to overturn the 2020 election. A year later, he and his followers are fighting the same battle by other means.

On Nov. 25, 2020, President Donald J. Trump announced via Twitter that he was granting a full pardon to Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, his former national security adviser. Flynn pleaded guilty in 2017 to lying to federal investigators about his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the United States during the presidential transition.

Flynn, describing the nascent plan, insisted to the Newsmax host Greg Kelly on Dec. 17. “I mean, these people out there talking about martial law, like it’s something that we’ve never done. Martial law has been instituted 64 times..."

....But by that point, Flynn was in fact calling for sending in the military to the contested states. Byrne told me that by Dec. 16, he had lined up a series of options for the president to consider, including using uniformed officials to confiscate voting machines and ballots in six states.

Flynn, meanwhile, continued to agitate for military intervention. Through an intermediary, he contacted Ezra Cohen, the Defense Department acting under secretary for intelligence, who served under Flynn both at the Defense Intelligence Agency, where Flynn had been director, and on the National Security Council. 

Flynn possesses unique credibility among the ex-president’s followers, with his own compelling story line: that of a distinguished intelligence official who, he claims, experienced firsthand the nefariousness of the deep state. He is a MAGA martyr of such stature that the faithful have been willing to overlook some complicating elements of history. 

There is the fact that Trump fired Flynn from his post as national security adviser for the same lie that led to his indictment by the Justice Department, and the fact that Flynn, after pleading guilty, spent 2018 cooperating with the Justice Department investigation of other Trumpworld figures.

...Even more concerning was Flynn’s acceptance of more than $45,000 for a speaking appearance in Moscow, at the 10th anniversary gala of Russia’s state-run RT channel in December 2015, where he was photographed sitting next to President Vladimir Putin.

Friends and at least one intelligence official advised Flynn against attending the party to celebrate a Russian propaganda organization that was at the time openly spreading misinformation about and within the United States...

“It’s a challenge to call out a grifter,” Rucker mused, “because usually they have a very passionate, cultlike following. And sometimes we get this situation where we have these multiple grifters going after each other. It’s entertaining, but it’s also dangerous for everybody involved.”

Knowing that this lunatic was once our National Security Advisor should send shivers down your spine.

Michael Flynn said yesterday that Bill Gates, George Soros and Klaus Schwab are “part of a conspiracy” to use a device to “track every single one of us, and they use it under the skin,” because “they have an intent to have a New World Order.”

Knowing that this lunatic was once our National Security Advisor should send shivers down your spine.

Michael Flynn said yesterday that Bill Gates, George Soros and Klaus Schwab are “part of a conspiracy” to use a device to “track every single one of us, and they use it under the skin,” because “they have an intent to have a New World Order.”
Also that his brother is still a significant general in the Army...who was also involved in the delayed response to the attack on the capital last year.

:lmao:

Gotta be shtick, right?

I hear a lot about this "New World Order." Can someone explain what exactly the plans and goals are?

I may need to go elsewhere for an answer because I don't think we have any full-on right wing nut jobs at this board.
I haven't done a ton of research on this, but my understanding is the "new world order" that General Flynn talks about is implementing a worldwide government and military led by leftists. No borders, mass immigration from 3rd world countries to 1st world countries. It's basically the bogeyman used by nationalists. Anything that is the exact opposite of what they want.

This is an article from The Washington Post. I’m not a subscriber, but I am able to read it for now….

If anyone was a Turkish agent, it was Michael Flynn, not business partner, judge says.

An Alexandria federal judge has again granted a new trial to Bijan Rafiekian, who was convicted in 2019 of illegally lobbying for Turkey

“A federal judge has again granted a new trial to Michael Flynn’s former business partner, Bijan Rafiekian, saying the evidence was stronger that Flynn himself was a foreign agent of the Turkish government.”

“Rafiekian was convicted at trial in Alexandria federal court in 2019 of illegally lobbying for Turkey while working at the Flynn Intel Group. But U.S. District Judge Anthony J. Trenga concluded that the evidence against Rafiekian was too weak and threw out the jury verdict.”

“The strongest inference to be drawn from the evidence as a whole is that to the extent Turkey had recruited anyone as its agent, it was not Rafiekian, but Flynn because of his stature and his connections to then Presidential candidate Donald Trump,” Trenga wrote. “In fact, the recruitment of Flynn, to the exclusion of Rafiekian, is precisely what is reflected in the evidence.”

tymarsas said:
I haven't done a ton of research on this, but my understanding is the "new world order" that General Flynn talks about is implementing a worldwide government and military led by leftists. No borders, mass immigration from 3rd world countries to 1st world countries. It's basically the bogeyman used by nationalists. Anything that is the exact opposite of what they want.
That's an interesting description, I wonder if right wingers would agree with it?

It does feed into my conviction that some of these right wing fears are pushing right wingers into rejecting democracy. Because if liberalism wins the war of ideas, then radical methods must be utilized to "save" liberty and freedom. 

dozer said:
This is an article from The Washington Post. I’m not a subscriber, but I am able to read it for now….

If anyone was a Turkish agent, it was Michael Flynn, not business partner, judge says.

An Alexandria federal judge has again granted a new trial to Bijan Rafiekian, who was convicted in 2019 of illegally lobbying for Turkey

“A federal judge has again granted a new trial to Michael Flynn’s former business partner, Bijan Rafiekian, saying the evidence was stronger that Flynn himself was a foreign agent of the Turkish government.”

“Rafiekian was convicted at trial in Alexandria federal court in 2019 of illegally lobbying for Turkey while working at the Flynn Intel Group. But U.S. District Judge Anthony J. Trenga concluded that the evidence against Rafiekian was too weak and threw out the jury verdict.”

“The strongest inference to be drawn from the evidence as a whole is that to the extent Turkey had recruited anyone as its agent, it was not Rafiekian, but Flynn because of his stature and his connections to then Presidential candidate Donald Trump,” Trenga wrote. “In fact, the recruitment of Flynn, to the exclusion of Rafiekian, is precisely what is reflected in the evidence.”
I’ll never forget Trump letting Turkish secret service beat Americans in America and nary a word from Mr. Toughguy.   

That's an interesting description, I wonder if right wingers would agree with it?

It does feed into my conviction that some of these right wing fears are pushing right wingers into rejecting democracy. Because if liberalism wins the war of ideas, then radical methods must be utilized to "save" liberty and freedom. 
"If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.”—David Frum

Pretty much playing out in real time at this point.  

I hear a lot about this "New World Order." Can someone explain what exactly the plans and goals are?

I may need to go elsewhere for an answer because I don't think we have any full-on right wing nut jobs at this board.
New World Order as conspiracy theory dates back to Gorbachev and the first Bush administration if not before.  There is a global cabal (Illuminati / Skull and Bones) that planning a nefarious world government.  Solution is to hoard guns and gold.  IMO it's a nod to the old school militias that petered out after Oklahoma City.  I don't think Flynn is crazy but rather I think he has a bone to pick with the people that got him locked up.  He is a scary dude.  

What is the New World Order's plan for immigration? Because beginning around mid-century the internal immigration wars are really gonna heat up as we debate competing for workers from subSaharan Africa. 

Users who are viewing this thread