What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ret. Lt. Gen Mike Flynn (1 Viewer)

dozer

Footballguy
Who is Mike Flynn?

Michael Flynn is a retired United States Army Lieutenant General who was the 25th United States National Security Advisor for the first 22 days of the Trump Administration He resigned in light of reports that he had lied regarding conversations with Sergey Kislyac, a senior Russian Diplomat and Politician.

In December 2017, Flynn formalized a deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller to plead guilty to a felony count of "willfully and knowingly" making false statements to the FBI about the Kislyak communications, and agreed to cooperate with the Special Council’s investigation.

On July 4, 2020, Flynn pledged an oath to the pro-Trump Qanon conspiracy theory, and as Trump sought to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in which he was defeated, Flynn suggested the president should suspend the US Constitution, silence the press, and hold a new election under military authority.

Then, of course, On November 25, 2020, Flynn was issued a presidential pardon by Trump.

Yes, my friends, Flynn had a huge fall from grace. From military hero and leader, to a twice guilty felon escaping prison only by presidential pardon, and devolving into a Qanon believer and basically, a recruiter for the outrageous conspiracy movement. 

Everrett Stern is a candidate for the Republican primary in the 2022 Senate race in Pennsylvania.

He is best known for his actions as a whistleblower in the HSBC's Money Laundering Scandal, where he uncovered billions of dollars in illegal money laundering transactions, which led to an SEC investigation and a $1.92 billion fine against HSBC in 2012. The largest fine ever for such crimes.

Stern also owns the private intelligence agency Tactical Rabbit.

On Sunday, Stern revealed that aides to former national security adviser Michael Flynn allegedly asked him to "gather intelligence" on various lawmakers and judges for extortion purposes.

Newsweek Article: GOP Senate Candidate Says Michael Flynn Group Asked Him to 'Gather Intelligence' on Lawmakers

Speaking to a group of reporters, Stern said representatives for Flynn approached him through his Patriot Caucus group earlier this year with the objective to influence lawmakers to support election audits in favor of former President Donald Trump.

"They wanted to gather intelligence on senators, judges, congressmen, state reps, to move them towards the audit. The word 'move' was emphasized tremendously," Stern said. "What they wanted was to extort and to literally move people towards the audit with dirt."

Stern, who owns the private intelligence agency Tactical Rabbit, alleged that Flynn and others sought to use his company in April to gather information and recruit intelligence officers "both domestic and foreign."

Stern said the Patriot Caucus was running operations out of multiple states, including Oklahoma, Nebraska and Virginia, using the financial support of Texas billionaire Al Hartman. In Pennsylvania, Stern said he was given two main targets to focus on: Republican Senator Pat Toomey and Republican Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick.

In conversations about those lawmakers, Stern was told to gather intelligence and to "accomplish the mission even if you have to use domestic terrorism."

CORRECTION: There is an error in the Newsweek article - did not speak to [STERN] before publishing. Wrong: "accomplish the mission even if you have to use domestic terrorism." Correct: "We (Flynn's operatives) will accomplish the mission even if we have to use Domestic Terrorism."

He said he immediately alerted the federal government and the Pennsylvania GOP about the group's operations and did not comply with their requests.

"I believe that General Flynn has committed treason against the United States," Stern said on Sunday. "Based on what I have seen and witnessed, I truly believe that's the case."

Other videos of Everett Flynn at odds with Trump Supporters:

Republican U.S. Senate Candidate Everett Stern Confronts Capital Rioters at Pro-Trump Rally

Republican U.S. Senate Candidate Everett Stern Booed by Trumpers

Last edited by a moderator:
Flynn was indicted by DOJ for lying to the FBI about his contacts with hostile foreign nationals involved in election interference.

Stern said he was given two main targets to focus on: Republican Senator Pat Toomey and Republican Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick.
Pat Toomey, a Trump enemy, voted to impeach Trump (Trump's second impeachment.)

Accused of treason :lmao:

this is like starting a thread about Biden being accused of treason in a letter to the editor 
Except for the fact it would not be out of character for Gen. Flynn. 

Not only did former president Barack Obama go out of his way to tell Trump that he should not hire Flynn because of information the federal government had about Flynn’s activities abroad...

And not only did the former president thereafter fire Flynn following a scandal related to his contacts abroad...

Flynn was then indicted by DOJ for lying to the FBI about his contacts with hostile foreign nationals involved in election interference.

Mike Flynn has lost his mind.

Michael Flynn says Democrats are plotting to cancel the 2022 elections to seize control of the national govt.

He says they are intentionally orchestrating a controlled financial collapse of the American economy so they can enact strict govt control of every aspect society.

I can't believe this seditous Qanon-pushing felon still gets a military pension.

I always thought he was railroaded.  It’s customary for the incoming administration to open ties with other leaders before entering office.  Seemed like a witch hunt.

You should blow up the report button, sounds like a great Thanksgiving.  :lmao:

Come on guys. 

Right?   FOUR threads on 1/6 with each thread having 10x the # of his posts vs the next person - but I'm the one with the problem?  :lol:

And Trump hasn't even been in office for almost a year now.

I'm trying to think of a word to describe people so obsessed with Trump 24/7 that everything else in their life falls to the wayside. 

Flynn was then indicted by DOJ for lying to the FBI about his contacts with hostile foreign nationals involved in election interference.
Who were these "hostile foreign nationals"?  Kislyak?  Was he personally involved in the alleged 'election interference?'  So tired of these loaded descriptions to suit the narrative.

The Trump administration was talking about being civil toward Russia, and collaborating with them on Syria.  It was one of the few good ideas they had.  Flynn was awful, but not because of some bogus collusion fairytale.  

I always thought he was railroaded.  It’s customary for the incoming administration to open ties with other leaders before entering office.  Seemed like a witch hunt.
It didn’t bother you that Flynn was paid a half million dollars to lobby on behalf of the Turkish government during the campaign? And he didn’t disclose this fact in violation of our FARA laws?

Mike Flynn has lost his mind.

He says they are intentionally orchestrating a controlled financial collapse of the American economy so they can enact strict govt control of every aspect society.
First, doesn't sound TOO far off from what we're seeing honestly.

Second, you're quoting Ron Filipkowski, not Flynn. I wasted a LOT of time last year correcting people who were posting in bad faith Flynn said this or that and then linking to people paraphrasing or outright misquoting Flynn. Usually when this is pointed out people thank me, admit the mistake, and then quote Flynn directly  -  just kidding, they change the subject.

Second, you're quoting Ron Filipkowski, not Flynn. I wasted a LOT of time last year correcting people who were posting in bad faith Flynn said this or that and then linking to people paraphrasing or outright misquoting Flynn. Usually when this is pointed out people thank me, admit the mistake, and then quote Flynn directly  -  just kidding, they change the subject.
Huh? I posted a video of Flynn speaking… kind of hard to misquote, don’t you think?

Thanks?

You managed to pull it off. Congrats?
I get no pride or reward from exposing the traitorous behavior of this terrible American. He is a sad reflection of our society. I hope his influence continuously degrades until he has no influence at all.

What doesn't sound too far off?  What are we “seeing”?

It didn’t bother you that Flynn was paid a half million dollars to lobby on behalf of the Turkish government during the campaign? And he didn’t disclose this fact in violation of our FARA laws?
It’s my understanding that Covington gave him bad legal advice.

Controlled financial collapse and strict government controls. IOW, exactly what I was replying to.
Financial collapse?  GDP hovering around 5% for 2021, unemployment rate 4.6% vs a pre-pandemic low of 3.5%, stock market setting records, interest rates low, that's quite the economic collapse.  Oh wait, inflation is up because of...wait for it, a worldwide economy recovery...shocking.

And oh yes, some businesses want you to wear masks and get vaxxed...such strict government control.

It's crazy how some people just seem to be looking for ways the country is failing when in fact we're emerging from a huge economic pause extremely rapidly. 

Nor should you, because you've done no such thing.

Exactly.  Posting 24/7 in FOUR separate 1/6 thread he started- with the next closet poster being 100's of posts behind him - is NOT the definition of someone who's not prideful or not expecting some rewards (the "likes" from the choir).  :doh:

Financial collapse?  GDP hovering around 5% for 2021, unemployment rate 4.6% vs a pre-pandemic low of 3.5%, stock market setting records, interest rates low, that's quite the economic collapse.  Oh wait, inflation is up because of...wait for it, a worldwide economy recovery...shocking.

And oh yes, some businesses want you to wear masks and get vaxxed...such strict government control.

It's crazy how some people just seem to be looking for ways the country is failing when in fact we're emerging from a huge economic pause extremely rapidly. 

Whole lotta' cherry-picking and context-free revisionist history here.  Good work.

@massraider Here's yet another good example of your "only conservative have aliases theory"!  Oh.....wait.....never mind.

Whole lotta' cherry-picking and context-free revisionist history here.  Good work.

@massraider Here's yet another good example of your "only conservative have aliases theory"!  Oh.....wait.....never mind.
Unemployment, GDP, the stock market are cherry picking?  Other than inflation the economy is humming along for us having to deal with the Covid variant. 

brassballs.blog? 😆

DOJ Special Counel's Office

Re: United States v. Michael T. Flynn
Not sure what your point is.  It's well known that Covington gave him bad legal advice.  If you're uncomfortable with brassballs here is the Motion Flynn's subsequent legal team filed.

What's your point with this whole thread by the way?  The Flynn case has about a dozen sub-stories in it and all are worthy of discussion.  Lobbying on behalf of foreign governments  has been going on for years.  Biden, Hillary, Trump... they all were enmeshed in foreign governments and business dealings.  Do I like it?  Hell no.  But in my opinion it's a pox on everyone's house.  I've been pretty consistent in here that all these "scandals" aren't all that interesting to the general public and doesn't move the needle all that much when it comes to elections.

The most important and troublesome aspect of the Flynn case (and the Russian Collusion hoax) was the revelation that the FBI had become highly biased and it affected their work. What I'm still wondering is whether their bias was political (Deep State has become dominated by Liberals) or personal (people were scared to death of Donald Trump and felt like he was a threat to the Republic).  I'm hoping it's the latter, because that is somewhat understandable.

Not sure what your point is.  It's well known that Covington gave him bad legal advice.  If you're uncomfortable with brassballs here is the Motion Flynn's subsequent legal team filed.

What's your point with this whole thread by the way?  The Flynn case has about a dozen sub-stories in it and all are worthy of discussion.  Lobbying on behalf of foreign governments  has been going on for years.  Biden, Hillary, Trump... they all were enmeshed in foreign governments and business dealings.  Do I like it?  Hell no.  But in my opinion it's a pox on everyone's house.  I've been pretty consistent in here that all these "scandals" aren't all that interesting to the general public and doesn't move the needle all that much when it comes to elections.

The most important and troublesome aspect of the Flynn case (and the Russian Collusion hoax) was the revelation that the FBI had become highly biased and it affected their work. What I'm still wondering is whether their bias was political (Deep State has become dominated by Liberals) or personal (people were scared to death of Donald Trump and felt like he was a threat to the Republic).  I'm hoping it's the latter, because that is somewhat understandable.
You’re right. There are many things to discuss when it comes to Flynn. So much sketchiness…

However, one point of the thread is that a reputable former whistleblower, Everett Stern released his video, and accused Michael Flynn of treason. Something that is not out of character for Flynn when you consider his sketchy past with foreign relations.

There is also this Newsweek Article.

Everett Stern is claiming that he was approached by agents from Michael Flynn’s Patriot Caucus, who told him they’re working with former intelligence agents from both domestic and foreign intelligence agencies to acquire dirt on state and federal politicians.

Stern says that he was given the impression that the Patriot Caucus did not care if illegal means were used to acquire or deploy the intelligence they sought.

Stern now says he has evidence of these contacts, and provided it to law enforcement.

Michael Flynn remains an influential figure Trump land, and his crimes and self-serving sketchy behavior need to remain common knowledge in this age when people choose to sweep things under the rug.

I'd like to hear more about the "revelation that the FBI had become highly biased and it affected their work." What are you talking about here? The Mueller report?

Also, when discussing Michael Flynn, its important that we have a baseline of understanding that he is deeply embroiled in the Qanon conspiracy theory movement. Whether he believes Qanon is real, or if he is taking advantage of Qanon followers, Flynn benefits from Qanon.

Users who are viewing this thread