What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (2 Viewers)

:popcorn:  

PEE TAPE TIME?

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand

FollowingFollowing @NatashaBertrand

More

Just in: Treasury has added Russia's Internet Research Agency to sanctions list, as well as over a dozen individuals connected to it that were named in Mueller's indictment https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20180315.aspx …

7:31 AM - 15 Mar 2018

Correct me if aim wrong, but sanctioning a couple dozen individuals does not equal imposing the economic sanctions voted on nearly unanimously by the Senate.  This is yet another win for Putin disguised as a consequence.  
meaningless....have to hit the oligarchs.

Although just broke on my Wapo push notifications that “Trump Administation” accuses Russia of sustained attacks on the power grid.  That’s a serious charge that will be hard not to punish.  Interesting developments.  
you would think...we'll see what happens.  I expect crickets from this President

This is a coordinated dance to allow Trump to put some light between him and Putin with sanctions that appear harder than they are

kind of like when some wide receiver gets a $100,000,000 contract but you find out only $4million is guaranteed 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it's long overdue for a POTUS who cares about this country to instruct all agencies to immediately do everything they can to protect the country against cyber attacks and other forms of cyber warfare from Russia and other countries.

Set up a system, break down walls barring communication between agencies, do something to help the country.

Seems like it's long overdue for a POTUS who cares about this country to instruct all agencies to immediately do everything they can to protect the country against cyber attacks and other forms of cyber warfare from Russia and other countries.

Set up a system, break down walls barring communication between agencies, do something to help the country.
or address the real threat...immigration and the wall...he's got some important wall design choices to choose from....can't address too many things at a time.  I think they should do some further investigation, dot the i's cross the t's as we don't want to jump to any conclusions against our good friends the Russians.

"Will this firewall be see-through?  It needs to be see-through."

Trump imposes sanctions on Russia for election meddling says they were behind poisoning in GB....Well we can probably stop #####ing about that..

Scenario 1: By next week we’ll see that not only is Trump not doing this, but that he’s walking back what’s been done.  Wondering if it turns out that some in the administration are acting without his authority, which may prove uncomfortable. I’m guessing we’ll see some indications of this.  

Scenario 2: Or maybe Trump will pour the hundreds of millions unspent but earmarked for fighting election interference into the power grid, leaving the elections systems vulnerable.

I simply don’t buy that the Traitor in Chief has turned on Russia, nor will he.  He will always serve Putin.  Net/net he will always enable Putin.
At some point, obeying the President (and abiding by the technical word of law) may become treason itself - and we've quite possibly already got that point. 

Matthias said:
So 13 people which we would have arrested if they ever stepped foot in the United States are prohibited from ever entering the United States.

Take That, Russia!!!
Seriously, how stupid do they think we are?

Wait, some people are "buying" this and/or suggesting that we are actually taking action now?  Oh. 

I’ve seen some true displays of naivety here, it being littered with Trump supporters.  So feel obliged to add a disclaimer that if you strive to find yourself in a Thai jail, there is a non-zero chance you won’t be surrounded by beautiful women who want to sex you.  You may just be in a dingy jail surrounded by grimy dudes and in poor conditions.

Beware of anyone who tries to sell you otherwise.  “There are some beautiful women in these Thai prisons, believe me.”
^ Good advice here, folks, don't buy the hype.

Regardless of how it came to pass, whether merely product of one man’s rigid ego or due to threat of blackmail, Trump has served Vladimir Putin’s interests consistently since the announcement of his candidacy.  And in light of the world community agreeing that Russia is attacking it on several fronts, Trump remains non-critical and the actions of the administration are weak on the issue and sanctions.  So let’s focus on that and not the boundaries of what becomes traitorous or treason.

Do you disagree with the fact that Trump has served Putin’s interests to date?
He doesn't really follow any of this closely, so it's doubtful.

Manu Raju (@mkraju)

3/15/18, 1:12 PM

Andy McCabe now meeting with Rod Rosenstein, making the case why shouldn't be fired from the FBI before his retirement, per @PamelaBrownCNN

So, let's follow the bouncing ball:

1. Trump publicly proclaims that McCabe needs to be investigated because McCabe is anti-Trump.
2. DOJ inspector general, under public pressure from Trump, launches investigation; the best they can come up with is that McCabe was "not forthcoming" (but they never specify what McCabe wasn't forthcoming about).
3. FBI uses inspector general report to recommend that McCabe is fired.

If McCabe is fired, we're going to need another special prosecutor to investigate how much Trump meddled in McCabe's firing, and whether it was all legal or not.

Righetti said:
Andy McCabe now meeting with Rod Rosenstein, making the case why shouldn't be fired from the FBI before his retirement, per @PamelaBrownCNN
Rosenstein? Why not Sessions? Rosenstein goes out to block on these things and the GOP wall just knocks him down. Best wishes and many thanks to RR and McCabe, fingers crossed.

So, let's follow the bouncing ball:

1. Trump publicly proclaims that McCabe needs to be investigated because McCabe is anti-Trump.
2. DOJ inspector general, under public pressure from Trump, launches investigation; the best they can come up with is that McCabe was "not forthcoming" (but they never specify what McCabe wasn't forthcoming about).
3. FBI uses inspector general report to recommend that McCabe is fired.

If McCabe is fired, we're going to need another special prosecutor to investigate how much Trump meddled in McCabe's firing, and whether it was all legal or not.
I'm going to keep the faith with the inspectors general of the world. I believe in the institution or the concept. But it's OPB that levied the penalty IIRC from the NYT report, I wonder who is running that these days.

- eta - It's apparently Robin Ashton. And she seems ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is this the full implementation of the sanctions previously approved?  Or is this something less and just sanctions on those identified by Mueller. It is interesting though; as sanctioning those indicted by Mueller shows Trump admin tacitly approving of the investigation of the special counsel. 

So is this the full implementation of the sanctions previously approved?  Or is this something less and just sanctions on those identified by Mueller. It is interesting though; as sanctioning those indicted by Mueller shows Trump admin tacitly approving of the investigation of the special counsel. 
This is like when you threaten to take TV away from your kids for a month and three days into it you take them to the movies and let them play on the iPad

Users who are viewing this thread