What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (2 Viewers)

Just to clarify, the brilliant and honest Robert Mueller could not establish that any members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia in it's election interference activities.

And you Trump haters are still holding out hope that this means there is evidence it occurred, but the brilliant and honest Robert Mueller simply couldn't "establish" the connection?

Is that how far the goal posts have been moved?

The honest and brilliant Robert Mueller could not establish a connection but somehow the House Democrats are going to prove this connection?
I think they're also interested in the 10 instances of obstruction Mueller laid out in Vol. 2.

Just to clarify, the brilliant and honest Robert Mueller could not establish that any members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia in it's election interference activities.

And you Trump haters are still holding out hope that this means there is evidence it occurred, but the brilliant and honest Robert Mueller simply couldn't "establish" the connection?

Is that how far the goal posts have been moved?

The honest and brilliant Robert Mueller could not establish a connection but somehow the House Democrats are going to prove this connection?
It's not about holding out hope. It's about phrasing things accurately. It's not accurate (just based on what's in the report) to say that Mueller established that there was no collusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in the introduction to Volume I; he just misquoted the exact language.
It is in the introduction to volume 1.  It states "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

So, with that said, Mueller being asked when did he conclude the above is a valid question.

OMG - just deal with the facts, you will be okay I promise.

Mueller stated in the report "did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government"
Second, while the investigation identified numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign, the evidence was not sufficient to support criminal charges. Among other things, the evidence was not sufficient to charge any Campaign official as an unregistered agent of the Russian government or other Russian principal. And our evidence about the June 9, 2016 meeting and WikiLeaks' s releases of hacked materials was not sufficient to charge a criminal campaign-finance violation. Further, the evidence was not sufficient to charge that any member of the Trump Campaign conspired with representatives of the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election.

Accordingly, while this report embodies factual and legal determinations that the Office believes to be accurate and complete to the greatest extent possible, given these identified gaps, the Office cannot rule out the possibility that the unavailable information would shed additional light on (or cast in a new light) the events described in the report. - EXECUTIVE SUMMARY TO VOLUME I, pg 9.

No where does Mueller state, "did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government". In fact, he quite clearly says, "cannot rule out the possibility".

It is in the introduction to volume 1.  It states "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

So, with that said, Mueller being asked when did he conclude the above is a valid question.
Do you see how what’s in the quotes here is different from what was in the quotes in your other post?

You left out this line from the same page:

A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.

Mueller will be asked many tough questions.  This will backfire on the Dems.  Looking forward to it.
This is a stupid question, not a tough question.  It will backfire on the Dems in the sense that Fox news and right wing radio guys will take things out of context, make really stupid extrapolations, and display a basic mis-understanding of reason and logic and their ditto-heads will lap it up. 

Trump's surrogates (like Sekulow)  will repeat whatever Trump think resonates, Fox news will publish it, and someone will post it here.

Rinse, repeat.

This is a stupid question, not a tough question.  It will backfire on the Dems in the sense that Fox news and right wing radio guys will take things out of context, make really stupid extrapolations, and display a basic mis-understanding of reason and logic and their ditto-heads will lap it up. 

Trump's surrogates (like Sekulow)  will repeat whatever Trump think resonates, Fox news will publish it, and someone will post it here.

Rinse, repeat.

Doubtful.  Fox will play the questions, not the answers.
It will be very similar to this historic interview.

It's really a big waste of time, isn't it?
In the case of the poster in question, absolutely. 

But I've found that sometimes these links and rebuttals help alert  me to stuff I may have missed or forgotten about, as I have not read the entire report. So in that sense, these good people are performing a valuable service. 

But they sure as hell aren't changing any minds.

So lawyer speak for Trump didn't collude with Russia but I am still going to post on a message board in which I am a moderator and hold significant influence over the audience that Trump "may" have colluded with Russia, despite the honest and brilliant Robert Mueller not being able to establish any collusion?

What would it take for you to accept the conclusion of the honest and brilliant Robert Mueller that there was no establishment of collusion (your words)?
The administration not pleading the fifth, refusing to answer document requests, citing “absolute immunity,” telling witnesses not to cooperate, etc. Trump won’t answer questions because he says they’re just trying to catch him in a lie or misspeaking. Well don’t lie maybe? And with all the times he’s “mispoken” or “joked” about something it’s the right move for a defendent but this is the president, there is a higher standard. They sure look guilty to me. Got something that proves him innocent, link it, I’ll read it. The mueller report doesn’t do that. 

So lawyer speak for Trump didn't collude with Russia but I am still going to post on a message board in which I am a moderator and hold significant influence over the audience that Trump "may" have colluded with Russia, despite the honest and brilliant Robert Mueller not being able to establish any collusion?

What would it take for you to accept the conclusion of the honest and brilliant Robert Mueller that there was no establishment of collusion (your words)?
What would it take for you to admit that Mueller literally says "cannot rule out the possibility"?

Good. Historically the most important testimony in hearings like these have come from staff questions. 

And it makes sense. There’s far less grandstanding and the questions have a continuity to them rather than a new topic being raised every few minutes. 
This is also something that Barr would not agree to.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned
Pretty sure they could completely rule me out with hard evidence.

I noticed you didn't respond to either of my replies to you last night. Where I copied and pasted directly from the report.
pretty sure is not the same thing as 100% sure.  Therefore, my statement is correct.  See how this works?  Mueller and his liberal team intentionally phrased it that way to try and cast doubt on Trump.

That doesn't seem like a good line of questioning when Trump said 'I don't recall' to almost all written questions and didn't testify under oath.

pretty sure is not the same thing as 100% sure.  Therefore, my statement is correct.  See how this works?  Mueller and his liberal team intentionally phrased it that way to try and cast doubt on Trump.
Or they phrased it that way because its factually and legally the correct way to phrase it based on the evidence.

Which is much more clear than just casting him and his team off as liberals.

When did you know that SID didn't steal your friends wallet?
Glad you asked!  After 2 and 1/2 years of investigating this because my crazy friend was convinced he couldn't have possibly lost his wallet (cough cough election) on his own and finding zero proof that SID was in fact the culprit I logically concluded he was innocent.  I actually concluded SID was innocent within a few months of the investigation but in order to appease my troubled friend I extended the investigation a few pointless years.  

Glad you asked!  After 2 and 1/2 years of investigating this because my crazy friend was convinced he couldn't have possibly lost his wallet (cough cough election) on his own and finding zero proof that SID was in fact the culprit I logically concluded he was innocent.  I actually concluded SID was innocent within a few months of the investigation but in order to appease my troubled friend I extended the investigation a few pointless years.  
And yet Mueller specifically says:

"A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts." and "the Office cannot rule out the possibility that the unavailable information would shed additional light on (or cast in a new light) the events described in the report."

Neither of those statement rise to the level of "found no evidence".

And yet Mueller specifically says:

"A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts." and "the Office cannot rule out the possibility that the unavailable information would shed additional light on (or cast in a new light) the events described in the report."

Neither of those statement rise to the level of "found no evidence".
Found no "proof"

Users who are viewing this thread