What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (3 Viewers)

Do you honestly think this is all you said?  Or is this just a troll job?

Either way you're not doing yourself a lot of favors here.
Eh, it happens about once every couple of weeks. Something will pop up in the news, he'll come in and tell us this is nothing, he's objective, nobody really did anything that matters, we're all lunatics, he doesn't follow the story because he's too busy in the real world, now he has a bunch of notifications, and he's waiting for any evidence to come out. Rinse and repeat.

Just cuz I'm interested, this is by someone named "Gumby." However it does link to the bipartisan Senate report (remember those?). The report says nothing about a cover-up. Zippo. This was a very successful prosecution, it was huge and it led to reforms. Surprisingly Gumby does not quote the remainder of that portion, but instead points to a DOJ decision (not Mueller's) to halt investigation, however:

There does not appear to have been anything sinister that prompted this decision. Rather, the decision to stop investigating BCCI appears to be an example of poor communication, overwork, understaffing, inadequate understanding of the meaning of information in the possession of Justice, and a flawed prosecutorial and investigative strategy. It was also the unintended consequence of the BCCI case arising as a Treasury Department investigation brought by Customs and IRS agents only, without the involvement of the FBI. Given the focus of Treasury agents on crimes pertaining to issues such as money laundering and customs violations, the failure to bring the FBI into the case may have contributed to the lack of follow through on the broader criminality pertaining to BCCI.
Hopefully that helps, maybe you could tweet a suggestion to Gumby to look at this a little more closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantasy football is a game where the goal is to predict who will score points.  The accusation of the president of the United States being guilty of treason should be handled a bit differently, right?  We aren’t talking about a game where the goal is to predict.  We are talking about a real-life investigation that none of us are involved in.  Your analogy is absurd but you got a few likes and laughs so have fun with yourself I’m done 
We're issuing inferences about what's going on and predictions about what may happen. We're reading the news. We're digesting the news. We're sharing facts, perspective, and shtick in a closed community.

If you think that we're the House and Senate holding Trump on trial and deciding whether or not to impeach him, you don't seem to understand why everyone is here.

Last edited:
Just cuz I'm interested, this is by someone named "Gumby." However it does link to the bipartisan Senate report (remember those?). This was a very successful prosecution, it was huge and it led to reforms. Surprisingly Gumby does not quote the remainder of that portion, but instead points to a DOJ decision (not Mueller's) to halt investigation, however:

Hopefully that helps, maybe you could tweet a suggestion to Gumby to look at this a little more closely.
Thanks. Now I want some gumbo.

Eh, it happens about once every couple of weeks. Something will pop up in the news, he'll come in and tell us this is nothing, he's objective, nobody really did anything that matters, we're all lunatics, he doesn't follow the story because he's too busy in the real world, now he has a bunch of notifications, and he's waiting for any evidence to come out. Rinse and repeat.
I never said it’s nothing.  In fact I don’t recall ever commenting on the Manafort thing.

What are you talking about?  And why do you think I’m trying to “do myself favors here?”  I’m havign a discussion not trying to win the favor of all the diehard trump Russia posters.

Point me to the most controversial thing I’ve said.  I try so hard to be neutral but I feel that  you guys are so biased you have zero tolerance for anyone that isn’t as biased as you are.  
This point isn't that you said anything particularly controversial, although you did accuse people of coming up with "insane things" and otherwise hinted at people being irrational and have been pretty smug and condescending about people who post regularly in this thread throughout.  But hey, I can't complain too much about that, glass houses and all.

The point is that you said a whole lot more than that you "believe that the Mueller investigation will get to the bottom of things but are not gonna engage in speculation and guessing on guilt." It's all the other stuff (the condescension, the false equivalence with the Clinton collusion accusations, the discussion of impeachment and drawing a distinction between "major crimes" and others that you don't think warrant impeachment and then refusing to explain or address that distinction, etc.) that people are "frowning upon."  And you're being disingenuous by pretending otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
From freerepublic today, a ligher moment.

"Are you sure he worked with Trump? Because according to Wikipedia, Manafort introduced himself to trump in February of 2016, to try to get a job. His selling point was that he had worked on the campaigns of EVERY REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE. "

Fantasy football is a game where the goal is to predict who will score points.  The accusation of the president of the United States being guilty of treason should be handled a bit differently, right?  We aren’t talking about a game where the goal is to predict.  We are talking about a real-life investigation that none of us are involved in.  Your analogy is absurd but you got a few likes and laughs so have fun with yourself I’m done 
How about comparing to actual football and Trump being the head coach.  If he surrounded himself with that many assistant coaches and coordinators who were arrested or indicted, how does that play out in the real world?  Who is held accountable at the end of the day?

How about comparing to actual football and Trump being the head coach.  If he surrounded himself with that many assistant coaches and coordinators who were arrested or indicted, how does that play out in the real world?  Who is held accountable at the end of the day?
Just to make a comparison - is this phenomenon (people who think Trump is clean despite surrounding himself with people that have committed crimes) similar to those that think Paterno was totally clean?  Or that Belichick knew nothing about taping practices of opposing teams or of football deflation?

Just to make a comparison - is this phenomenon (people who think Trump is clean despite surrounding himself with people that have committed crimes) similar to those that think Paterno was totally clean?  Or that Belichick knew nothing about taping practices of opposing teams or of football deflation?
It's not that they think he's clean, it's just all they have left to hold on to.

The goalposts have moved so incredibly far that the only deflection left is: Trump's not in jail yet!

I don't believe for a second that anyone posting here actually thinks Trump is completely innocent while everyone surrounding him keeps pleading guilty to crimes.

They won't admit it of course, but they know.

We're issuing inferences about what's going on and predictions about what may happen. We're reading the news. We're digesting the news. We're sharing facts, perspective, and shtick in a closed community.

If you think that we're the House and Senate holding Trump on trial and deciding whether or not to impeach him, you don't seem to understand why everyone is here.
Are you assuming @shader isn't in the House or Senate?

Just cuz I'm interested, this is by someone named "Gumby." However it does link to the bipartisan Senate report (remember those?). The report says nothing about a cover-up. Zippo. This was a very successful prosecution, it was huge and it led to reforms. Surprisingly Gumby does not quote the remainder of that portion, but instead points to a DOJ decision (not Mueller's) to halt investigation, however:

"Unfortunately, as time has passed it has become increasingly clear that the Justice Department did indeed make critical errors in its handling of BCCI prior to the appointment of Attorney General Barr in October, 1991, and moreover masked inactivity in prosecuting and investigating the bank by advising critics that matters pertaining to BCCI were "under investigation," when in fact they were not."

At different turns, they pulled back on the investigation, lied about pursuing the investigation when they actually weren't, and let them off with a slap on the wrist without even going to trial.  Even the comptroller from the state of Florida was bewildered at the request to let them continue operations after pleading to felony money laundering charges.  

"Unfortunately, as time has passed it has become increasingly clear that the Justice Department did indeed make critical errors in its handling of BCCI prior to the appointment of Attorney General Barr in October, 1991, and moreover masked inactivity in prosecuting and investigating the bank by advising critics that matters pertaining to BCCI were "under investigation," when in fact they were not."

At different turns, they pulled back on the investigation, lied about pursuing the investigation when they actually weren't, and let them off with a slap on the wrist without even going to trial.  Even the comptroller from the state of Florida was bewildered at the request to let them continue operations after pleading to felony money laundering charges.  
Thank you for actually looking at the report. That’s still not a cover-up, as the bipartisan report explained there were external, neutral reasons for the halt, it was unrelated to Mueller, and it was still a tremendously successful investigation.

Mueller put BCCI out of business.

My apologies to all I can't respond to.  I can't keep up with them all.

I actually came into the thread today responding to someone on the right that thought it was odd at all the "mueller love" from the left.  So I didn't pop into the thread to slam all of you.  I started responding to people that responded to me, and next thing you know I've got 40+ notifications and can't keep up.

Anyway, I tried to be neutral as always, but that probably isn't a lot of fun in this particular thread.  I realize you guys are enjoying this.  Do I feel many of you are biased?  Of course.  So are the democrats in congress.  It's politics.  I get it.  So go for it, have fun and I wont pop in anymore and bore you guys with my neutral opinion of this case.  Mattias made a good point in one of his posts regarding this being a place you guys love to come and speculate and that's true.  Tobias, I'm really not trying to troll, my apologies if my posts come across that way.  I'm headed back to the soccer threads. A place where my opinions are always valued.  :lmao:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1

Interesting remark from Alan Dershowitz on Trump and Manafort: "He'd have been much better off pardoning early rather than waiting until he's already cooperated. So I don't think we’re gonna see any kind of a pardon at this point. I think we're gonna see cooperation." @MSNBC

1:00 PM - 14 Sep 2018

Thank you for actually looking at the report. That’s still not a cover-up, as the bipartisan report explained there were external, neutral reasons for the halt, it was unrelated to Mueller, and it was still a tremendously successful investigation.

Mueller put BCCI out of business.
That's not what the report says.  

I actually came into the thread today responding to someone on the right that thought it was odd at all the "mueller love" from the left.  So I didn't pop into the thread to slam all of you.  I started responding to people that responded to me, and next thing you know I've got 40+ notifications and can't keep up.

Anyway, I tried to be neutral as always, but that probably isn't a lot of fun in this particular thread.  I realize you guys are enjoying this.  Do I feel many of you are biased?  Of course.  So are the democrats in congress.  It's politics.  I get it.  So go for it, have fun and I wont pop in anymore and bore you guys with my neutral opinion of this case.  Mattias made a good point in one of his posts regarding this being a place you guys love to come and speculate and that's true.  Tobias, I'm really not trying to troll, my apologies if my posts come across that way.  I'm headed back to the soccer threads. A place where my opinions are always valued.  :lmao:
Shader I don’t always agree with you, but I’ve never regarded you as a troll. 

You're definitely one of the better...shall I say skeptics?  I think its getting harder to deny what's becoming very clear however.  Its like I compared it earlier to raising kids.  When all their friends are getting into trouble, at some point you gotta realize your kid may be up to no good.

So...Ren is outraged over nothing?
Hey bucky while you're here could you please explain how the politico report labeled as 'russian propaganda' by McMaster was actually Russian propaganda?

Bucky86 said:
:lol:

The POTUS had to be explained to that he was retweeting Russian propaganda.

https://twitter.com/MddeH/status/1039537499134210048
ren hoek said:
How is this Russian propaganda?  Is the reporting here false?  

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

Vogel could have gotten his facts wrong but I'm not seeing how this is supposed to be "Russian propaganda".
Or did you just accept fake news without doing any critical thinking again?

Manafort, Kushner, and Brad Parsquale were responsible for the campaign hiring Cambidge Analytica I believe.
I know as soon as their online campaign started gaining traction, Kushner was the guy they directed credit too for putting it together. There are no coincidences here.

I'm not seeing where 

documentation that shows his CAMPAIGN MANAGER meeting with Russian operatives

Links to

and then immediately afterward an massive hacking and propaganda campaign began

??

I'll wait.

Users who are viewing this thread