What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (12 Viewers)

This is one of those uncomfirmed allegations that most people strongly suspected was going on. Been hinted at for months. 
Yup.  And if it I wasn't going to be this is what going to be something equally bad-or worse- for American interests. In fact it probably still will.  At no point since this Trump saga began in 2015 has he or the facts surrounding him taken a turn for the better.

If only someone had been pointing this out to everyone like twenty times a day for the last year  :mellow:

So, what happens now? I'm assuming the intelligence agencies already have a good idea who else in compromised in the Trump circle. 
At a minimum the FBI has been investigating Manafort.  No idea what they have turned up.

At this point I expect the U.K.  Intellegence to continue leaking like a sieve to ease their Brexit talks (Merkel has an election later this year where Russia is trying to pull the same stunt).  That's where the real damaging info will ultimately come from.

Yup.  And if it I wasn't going to be this is what going to be something equally bad-or worse- for American interests. In fact it probably still will.  At no point since this Trump saga began in 2015 has he or the facts surrounding him taken a turn for the better.

If only someone had been pointing this out to everyone like twenty times a day for the last year  :mellow:
I think most know trump was shady. But what was the alternative once both sides screwed up the primaries? 

I hope we end up with president pence sooner rather than later but what would be nice is if we vetted all candidates and their foreign interests and money trails before primaries start.  

From the CNN article:

The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.
His investigations related to Mr. Trump were initially funded by groups and donors supporting Republican opponents of Mr. Trump during the GOP primaries, multiple sources confirmed to CNN. Those sources also said that once Mr. Trump became the nominee, further investigation was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton.
Allegations, no details. Waiting for real data rather than accusations.

Trump had this thing in the bag. The Russians (allegedly) helped him win the election and he was now in position to do their bidding as the most powerful man in the free world. All he had to do was shut the hell up when the IC findings came out and act presidential. That's it. Simple.Easy. Putin must've schooled him on how to handle this a thousand times.

But nope he had to go on Twitter and openly defy the entire United States intelligence community because he has the emotional and mental stability of a toddler. And he seriously pissed off the wrong people now because they're gonna leak everything and anything they can find.

What an enormous twit. God help this country for having elected someone this moronic.  

Trump had this thing in the bag. The Russians (allegedly) helped him win the election and he was now in position to do their bidding as the most powerful man in the free world. All he had to do was shut the hell up when the IC findings came out and act presidential. That's it. Simple.Easy. Putin must've schooled him on how to handle this a thousand times.

But nope he had to go on Twitter and openly defy the entire United States intelligence community because he has the emotional and mental stability of a toddler. And he seriously pissed off the wrong people now because they're gonna leak everything and anything they can find.

What an enormous twit. God help this country for having elected someone this moronic.  
While I'm sure Trump has plenty of skeletons in his closet, this conspiracy that Putin gave him a play by play of how to be his puppet is pretty comical. 

Hopefully we have better options next time around but the sad thing is what decent person would actually want the job?

But what happens now? I can't see him getting impeached, can you? From this Congress? Never gonna happen. Also the public doesn't seem to care about any of this. 

Now here come the claims that its sketchy. It could be on video and you guys would deny it.
Wait, that already has happened like 6 times with Trump and his supporters already.

While I'm sure Trump has plenty of skeletons in his closet, this conspiracy that Putin gave him a play by play of how to be his puppet is pretty comical. 

Hopefully we have better options next time around but the sad thing is what decent person would actually want the job?
I was mostly kidding about Trump being taught by Putin.

But if these allegations are correct it's hardly out of the question to assume there were conversations between the two sides as to how to handle things should any of this come to light. That's not a conspiracy; that's just plain common sense. I'm not saying it would've been Trump and Putin directly but it just makes sense to assume some type of plan would've been constructed.

But Trump's gotta Trump so here we all are now. 

But what happens now? I can't see him getting impeached, can you? From this Congress? Never gonna happen. Also the public doesn't seem to care about any of this. 
I have no idea what will happen but if half of the allegations are correct Trump should be impeached. Hell, the Republicans tried to impeach Clinton for a helluva lot less than this. Trump should be a goner. I have little confidence that will occur but it sure seems like there's a lot more here than many thought. 

Maybe Trump will go the Nixon route after all.  

Even if none of this stuff is confirmed, and I suspect it will be difficult to confirm even if it's true, it certainly puts Trump in an awkward spot going forward in terms of the buddy flick he's got going with Vlad.

I think we can go ahead and dispense with the Clinton false equivalence at this point.

"Why did you throw gasoline on that fire?"

"Well, the water also smelled kinda funny. What choice did we have?"

I think we can go ahead and dispense with the Clinton false equivalence at this point.

Yeah Clinton's got nothing to do with any of this. If these allegations are true the Trump supporters and all who voted for him can't use her as an excuse. This is the guy you voted for and it's not like the issues weren't all there beforehand plain as day and it's not like plenty of people didn't try to warn you. But it was all ignored and here we are. Time to own it. 

ABC, CBS and FOX have not picked up on this yet...The Blaze however has.

CNN and The Blaze...together?  End of times. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I pray to the gods above that people are smart enough to see the process is already under way to get rid of Trump, via legally.

I was mostly kidding about Trump being taught by Putin.

But if these allegations are correct it's hardly out of the question to assume there were conversations between the two sides as to how to handle things should any of this come to light. That's not a conspiracy; that's just plain common sense. I'm not saying it would've been Trump and Putin directly but it just makes sense to assume some type of plan would've been constructed.

But Trump's gotta Trump so here we all are now. 
Ok gotcha some on here really believe to that degree which is a little extreme. I guess it would depend on what was proven to be discussed and by who but as with talking to Taiwain it's clear he doesn't know what he's doing which of course is scary but doesn't have me all in on conspiracy theory. If anything regardless of how legit this may be it will have him under the microscope which should be good then to ensure there's nothing improper with Russia during his presidency. If your Russia you would think there is a lot more to lose than gain by pissing off the US which will be interesting if they dump info on the Prez. 

How do you say "short fingered vulgarian" in Russian. 

Because you know there is a sound clip out there of Vlad saying that

This is a really damaging leak.  It doesn't take a wizz to see that Trump has been looking out for #1 all along, and as more information trickles out over time, I expect to see a steady stream of criticism.  What a golden opportunity for Russians, though.  
All the likes.

Not really, those were our options and she was proven corrupt but let's stay on topic. 

Ok gotcha some on here really believe to that degree which is a little extreme. I guess it would depend on what was proven to be discussed and by who but as with talking to Taiwain it's clear he doesn't know what he's doing which of course is scary but doesn't have me all in on conspiracy theory. If anything regardless of how legit this may be it will have him under the microscope which should be good then to ensure there's nothing improper with Russia during his presidency. If your Russia you would think there is a lot more to lose than gain by pissing off the US which will be interesting if they dump info on the Prez. 
I don't believe for a second Trump is a Russian spy or any of that. I do believe, however, he has things he wants to hide pertaining to his interests in Russia and his relationship with Putin. And I absolutely believe the Russians have information against him they could use. I also believe it's possible Russia and the Trump campaign were speaking during the campaign. I've believed that for months. It's very possible Trump has no knowledge of that or has legitimate plausible deniability. But if this was proven to be true he should be impeached immediately. 

That's why I've always said his connection to Russia was of the utmost importance and not something to be idly cast aside. It's been troubling for a long time and now it's possible we're beginning to find out why.  

Serious question to the Trump supporters. Do you regret voting for this man?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really damaging leak.  It doesn't take a wizz to see that Trump has been looking out for #1 all along, and as more information trickles out over time, I expect to see a steady stream of criticism.  What a golden opportunity for Russians, though.  
I don't know, it Depends

Oh wow, the golden showers? Next, we will hear they are underage.

The CIA basically is saying to Trump, do not ever disrespect us in anyway again, or the leaks firestorm will come.

After you read all 35 pages of it. To sit in the briefing room with grown educated men as they shared this report with him, knowing they were laughing the entire time they were delivering it to Obama had to be priceless.

Is there any route for Obama to take in the next 10 days to nullify the election and request a new one? Like, there has to be some provision somewhere for a candidate getting impeached prior to inaguration, right?! Or did no on think that was possible?

This doesn't make much sense. If it's even a little true, how would he think it wouldn't get leaked?

In the 35 page report that was shared with Trump and Obama. It is fantastic reading, not so much if you were one of the "people" to vote for him.

Users who are viewing this thread