What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Tim, you made another one of your blanket generalizations about Trump supporters which makes you no better than the people you are referring to. @Joe Bryant does not want people here making blanket generalizations about people without backing it up. So again, show me the posts I have made here that show my views are deplorable as you claimed. You can't yet you won't stop. 
Why do you like to tag Joe in your posts? Is this your way of reporting anyone who doesn't agree with you? You do nothing but troll, but when you get the reaction you're so desperate to get, you report. I bet if you stop trolling, people will stop trolling you.  Make it a New Year's resolution. 

You wrote..

"you have offered your approval of President Trump's statements about undocumented immigrants, about Muslim Americans, about women. If you want to deny this now, fine, I will accept your denials. and leave it at that. But my memory is that you did and do approve of his comments and positions on these issues. I find those comments and positions to be deplorable. I find anyone who shares those opinions to have deplorable views."

Show me where I have approved of Trump's statements and where my views posted here are deplorable. You can't Tim, so knock this crap off already. 
When people support a politician- not just Trump but any politician- the assumption is that they support that politician's statements and character, absent a statement to the contrary.  To cite one of countless examples from the last two years, Sanders supporters were forced to defend at length or disavow his support for a little-known 2005 law that provided legal immunity for gun manufacturers. 

The stuff we're talking about here- treatment of undocumented immigrants, Muslims, and women, among other examples of Trump's bigotry- are far more prominent aspects of Trump's perspective and character. It is 100% fair to assume that his supporters agree with him or are OK with his past words and deeds, absent statements to the contrary.  Especially when those supporters have been given literally hundreds of chances to part ways with Trump on those issues or regarding those incidents and have not done so.

But like Tim says- here is yet another chance to declare that you disagree with Trump or disapprove of his actions when it comes to immigrants, Muslims and women. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have tagged Joe in two posts and in this case it was warranted because Tim is doing exactly what Joe said not to do. HTH
Well, thanks for admitting it.

Hopefully Joe will read through this exchange and I realize that I made no blanket generalizations whatsoever, and personally insulted nobody. If he decides otherwise, oh well. Out of my control.

Hopefully Joe will read through this exchange and I realize that I made no blanket generalizations whatsoever, and personally insulted nobody. If he decides otherwise, oh well. Out of my control.
What? I didn't admit anything but do what you have to do so you feel better.  And you did make blanket generalizations and you can't back them up. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to argue with you so there is no need to respond. But anyone that reads this subforum knows that you make blanket generalizations about people that disagree with you politically pretty often. 

Thank you for pointing this out. It goes to my point: the public can recognize that our economy is booming, but at the same time realize that it's not Trump that's responsible- or they reject Trump for other reasons not related to the economy. Either way, they reject Trump. Again, only you and other hardcore Trump supporters continue to favor him, and you're not convincing anybody else to do so.

This is a good thing. It means the public is actually smarter than a lot of us gave them credit for. It means that the 2016 election was an anomaly, not to be repeated, and that people that think like BeaverCleaver are not the majority and never will be the majority, or close to it. That thought makes me feel warm and cuddly inside. :thumbup:
He's going to win again and there is nothing you and your buddies can do about it. 

:lmao:

I'm not going to argue with you so there is no need to respond. But anyone that reads this subforum knows that you make blanket generalizations about people that disagree with you politically pretty often. 
I have made blanket generalizations in the past, at times, and I regret doing so. I didn’t do so this morning. 

Trump supporters are quick to credit Trump when all that has happened is the economic growth that we've had for the last seven years has continued on the path that it had been. But let it start to drop some and then they'll quickly say that economies are cyclical and it has nothing to do with Trump. I can type out their posts right now. So predictable. 
Totally agree.  They simply parrot their Messiah at this point.  

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 56m56 minutes ago

WOW, @foxandfrlends “Dossier is bogus. Clinton Campaign, DNC funded Dossier. FBI CANNOT (after all of this time) VERIFY CLAIMS IN DOSSIER OF RUSSIA/TRUMP COLLUSION. FBI TAINTED.” And they used this Crooked Hillary pile of garbage as the basis for going after the Trump Campaign!
The account that Trump tweeted to has been suspended.

The ones that don’t have the stupid capitalization and weird grammar. 
I really wonder about Scavino on this score. I don't think he's anything but a flunky.... who's in charge of the social media for the President of the US. Started out as Trump's caddie IIRC.

This is fun

BBC News (UK)‏Verified account @BBCNews 21m21 minutes ago

More

Prince Harry asks @BarackObama some quick fire questions... • Boxers or briefs? • Aretha Franklin or Tina Turner? • Rachel or Monica? • @Suits_USA or @TheGoodWife_CBS? More here: http://bbc.in/2liqFc9  (via @BBCr4today)

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
10 years in a row? Makes no sense at all
it's a dumb poll anyway.

Gallup's December poll found 17% of respondents named Obama the man they admired most, a dip from 22% of respondents saying the same last year. President Donald Trump took second place with 14% of respondents citing him when asked, open-ended, to name the man they admired most.

:lmao:   like this will mean anything to the Trump crowd.  They are immune to his avalanche of lies, deception and bull ####.
In the spirit of the holiday season let's give them a chance to have a cordial exchange on this matter.

Trump supporters- when you see video of Trump constantly criticizing Obama for playing golf and taking vacations and promising not to do so if he's elected, and then hear about how he plays golf and vacations quite a bit (and more than Obama by a lot), how does it make you feel? 

In the spirit of the holiday season let's give them a chance to have a cordial exchange on this matter.

Trump supporters- when you see video of Trump constantly criticizing Obama for playing golf and taking vacations and promising not to do so if he's elected, and then hear about how he plays golf and vacations quite a bit (and more than Obama by a lot), how does it make you feel? 
Oh good luck with this.   They’ll just accuse us of being hypocrites for pointing this out.

Trump played with Bryson DeChambeau this week. I'm sure they got a lot of business accomplished on the course.
Bryson: So the idea is to have the same length of club so the spine angle and swing plane never changes creating a more consistent swing and set muscle memory...

Trump: I like turtles. 

ETA: in case the reference isn't obvious.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Bryson: So the idea is to have the same length of club so the spine angle and swing plane never changes creating a more consistent swing and set muscle memory...

Trump: I like turtles. 
Trump:  "here, use my new presidential coin as your ball marker"

• Smile
Reactions: Zow

"Benghazi"

Oh good luck with this.   They’ll just accuse us of being hypocrites for pointing this out.
I've found that in the past the response is :tumbleweed: , which of course has its own value.  But in the spirit of the holiday season and in response to their protests earlier in the thread about being unfairly pigeonholed I thought a gentle invitation to comment would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread