Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

-Trump Supporters-

Serious question here, not trolling or digging, just looking for what your thought process is.  

So we’ve got an apples to apples comparison of hostile foreign powers showing videos of nuclear weapons being fired at US soil (N.K. and Russia this week).  How do you explain and justify the massively different response (or lack thereof in one case) from our President?  Thanks. 

You won't get a serious answer to this because it's incredibly tough to observe "your guy" and his silence when you were all over the last one because he didn't say specific phrases you thought were important like "radical Islam".  That sort of obvious hypocrisy will get :crickets: every time.

Edited by The Commish
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I may be wrong, but it seems like he's a pretty lonely guy on a good day.  That he has any sort of following has to have him dancing in the isles.  The narcissist doesn't necessarily care who likes him, just that he's liked.  And honestly?  I don't think he notices his world crumbling around him.  He has a pretty substantial firewall and the ability to replay Fox and Friends at the click of a button.  Now, the one thing that I see getting to him is when they come for his family...particularly Ivanka.  Then?  All bets are off.

I’d easily see him sacrifice Little Don and Eric to save Ivanka.  

He’s already forgotten about the other two by the time the feds knock on the door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Commish said:

You won't get a serious answer to this because it's incredibly tough to observe "your guy" and his silence when you were all over the last one because he didn't say specific phrases you thought were important like "radical Islam".  That sort of obvious hypocrisy will get :crickets: every time.

Has Trump been using the radical Islam thing?  Certainly not that often, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Righetti said:

Has Trump been using the radical Islam thing?  Certainly not that often, right?

I haven't heard it since he's been in the White House.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Righetti said:

Has Trump been using the radical Islam thing?  Certainly not that often, right?

Mad Dog Mattis has been quite vocal with how destructive he thinks that phrase is, and not from a politically correct point of view, but from a strategic angle. The man has spent many years in that part of the world, so he knows of what he speaks. Give Trump credit on this front, he actually seems to listen to, and more importantly, adhere to what Mattis suggests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Righetti said:

Has Trump been using the radical Islam thing?  Certainly not that often, right?

He said it once, which Obama never had the courage to do. And when he used those magic words the problem went away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s amazing that if you think about those four soldiers in Niger has gotten almost no press at all.   If that had been Obama/Hillary you know that Hannity would be leading every show with it.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Mad Dog Mattis has been quite vocal with how destructive he thinks that phrase is, and not from a politically correct point of view, but from a strategic angle. The man has spent many years in that part of the world, so he knows of what he speaks. Give Trump credit on this front, he actually seems to listen to, and more importantly, adhere to what Mattis suggests. 

So pretty much the same reason Obama and Bush did t use it?  Because smart people told them it wasn’t a good idea.

Despite the complaints from Trump and much of the right.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Righetti said:

It’s amazing that if you think about those four soldiers in Niger has gotten almost no press at all.   If that had been Obama/Hillary you know that Hannity would be leading every show with it.   

NIGERGHAZI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen Trump ger critiqued for not having gone to a single funeral for the parkland kids, but I think this was a smart move from his handlers.  

can you imagine Trump having to give a somber sermon like Obama did after Sandy Hook or the Charleston shooting, it would be a completely disrespectful s-show with him making the entire thing about him.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:
53 minutes ago, Righetti said:

How great would it be if he tried to abolish term limits and here comes Obama out of retirement to defeat him. 

A true slobber-knocker. [/stonecold316music]

I’d guess that Obama would beat him Reagan-Mondale badly but then again I also thought that Hillary was going to win handily 

Edited by Righetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Righetti said:

I’d guess that Obama would beat him Reagan-Mondale badly but then again I also thought that Hillary was going to win handily 

The way things are divided in this country I doubt we'll ever see another Reagan-Mondale type beat down. I just don't  see any possible way a candidate wins 49 out of 50 states. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Righetti said:

I’ve seen Trump ger critiqued for not having gone to a single funeral for the parkland kids, but I think this was a smart move from his handlers.  

can you imagine Trump having to give a somber sermon like Obama did after Sandy Hook or the Charleston shooting, it would be a completely disrespectful s-show with him making the entire thing about him.  

I haven't seen any stories or media discussions about Trump and the Parkland funerals. I think the mainstream media has simply given up on reporting "What If Obama Had Done That" stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

 

This had to happen, right? I mean you really dislike someone and then one day they act in exactly the heinous way you always thought they would and yet it's still surprising when someone just ends up being exactly as horrible as you sensed. He doesn't acknowledge the Constitution. He hates democracy. He doesn't recognize civil rights. He's every foul thing you can say and then he just actually is as you said. Still surprising.

I agree with everything except the surprising part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whoknew said:

I've written this before but I believe he will use the non-existent voter fraud as an excuse to postpone the 2020 elections.

There’s no way this would happen. Even people who like him would think that is nuts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bacon is Delicious said:

:mellow: Would they?

I have to think so. Sure there would be some psychos that would be on board but it would br a small percentage. 

We could call those people idiots, right? I know people are very sensitive.

Edited by The General
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

They would. 

As shabby as the Republicans have become, as much as they’ve given into Trump, that would be a bridge too far for them.

I've thought that about like 15 other things so far.  I've given up believing it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

I've thought that about like 15 other things so far.  I've given up believing it.

This is true :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

I've thought that about like 15 other things so far.  I've given up believing it.

 

17 minutes ago, The General said:

This is true :lol:

Yes it is true, but I wouldn't laugh about it. It's actually more like :cry:for our country. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Commish said:

Is he though?  It's not like he's making decisions or trying to craft a legit vision for the country.  He seems to be playing President and we all know that he doesn't really care emotionally, so it's not like that can be a significant factor.  

He cares about adulation. And he isn't getting any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now imagine Obama saying that he wanted to try abolishing his own term limits. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ned said:

Now imagine Obama saying that he wanted to try abolishing his own term limits. 

Now imagine Obama praising Xi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:
1 hour ago, Ned said:

Now imagine Obama saying that he wanted to try abolishing his own term limits. 

Now imagine Obama praising Xi.

Now imagine Obama (or anyone else for that matter) said to take the guns and worry about due process later

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 3:14 PM, Henry Ford said:

 

Odds should be on Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, or Louisiana.  In that order.  Dark horse is Kansas.

Arizona says hey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zow said:

Arizona says hey. 

Good point.  Where Alabama had the good sense to vote down Roy Moore, we have Arizona voters acknowledging they'd vote for Sheriff Joe before they'd vote for any Democrat.  Definitely puts them in the race.

Edited by apalmer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Matthias said:

Trump gets upset about domestic political stuff: announces a tariff on foreign steel.
Europe says: fine. Then we're raising the tariffs on your bourbon, Harley's, and Levi's.
Trump says: fine. Then we're raising the tariffs on your cars.

Obviously this is going to end well. Remember during the election, "Trump doesn't have the temperament to be President"?

If the EU wants to end this nonsense, they respond "Fine.  We'll see your tariff on cars and raise you a 200% tariff on all greens fees, golf cart rentals and sales of food, drinks or supplies at foreign-owned golf courses."  Trump would crumple instantly.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Member when right-wing nutjobs would tell anyone who listened that Obama was trying to become a dictator because... well, who the hell knows? That was awesome.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1)

3/4/18, 11:35 AM

Reps. Elijah Cummings and Stephen Lynch want info from Defense Sec’y James Mattis about “extremely troubling” reports suggesting that banker Stephen Calk may have made loans of up to $16,000,000 to Paul Manafort in exchange for alleged promises to name him Sec’y of the Army. pic.twitter.com/mCUCcleIiH


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, honky kong said:

'Member when right-wing nutjobs would tell anyone who listened that Obama was trying to become a dictator because... well, who the hell knows? That was awesome.

A lot of people in this country aren’t very bright HTH 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the GOP, Obama was both a maniacle tyrant abusing executive power stripping away rights and an ineffectual buffoon

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Righetti said:

According to the GOP, Obama was both a maniacle tyrant abusing executive power stripping away rights and an ineffectual buffoon

And Kenyan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

And Kenyan.

secret muslim trans-sexual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apalmer said:

If the EU wants to end this nonsense, they respond "Fine.  We'll see your tariff on cars and raise you a 200% tariff on all greens fees, golf cart rentals and sales of food, drinks or supplies at foreign-owned golf courses."  Trump would crumple instantly.

and here's a pee tape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, squistion said:

:(

Brian Stelter‏ @brianstelter 8m8 minutes ago

CNN obtained a tape of Trump at a closed-door fundraiser. He said this about China's president: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

 

Oh come on. There's no way this is real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stuff he said about President for life is one of the few times I feel like he actually was joking around.

I don’t buy that he’s always joking and don’t believe what he actually says like some people always are advocating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

The stuff he said about President for life is one of the few times I feel like he actually was joking around.

I don’t buy that he’s always joking and don’t believe what he actually says like some people always are advocating. 

Did he use the "air quotes"? Because that means it's a joke, IIRC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Oh come on. There's no way this is real.

Reuters 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, msommer said:

Did he use the "air quotes"? Because that means it's a joke, IIRC

Not sure. Don’t believe there is any video of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

The stuff he said about President for life is one of the few times I feel like he actually was joking around.

I think sometimes he says crazy things in a half-joking way to see what kind of reaction they get.  Somewhere in his head he is aware that abolishing term limits is insane, but he'd also like to do that to remain in power, so he "jokes" about it to see how much resistance there actually is to the idea.  He can then fall back on the claim that he was just joking but voila, somehow now it's actually a discussion we're having.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

As I’ve said..the cooruption of Trump and his cronies in such a short time is stunning.  The government is a big piggy bank for them to enrich themselves...the irony of them calling out Clinton is stunning...they’ve taken it to a degree you couldn’t have imagined.  Mueller probe will never end as long as these crooks are still in the White House. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think we need to get paranoid about Donald Trump’s intentions for the future. What he is doing right now, for example this new trade policy, is bad enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dedfin said:

secret muslim trans-sexual

Muslim Transsexual Maoist Manchurian Candidate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The General said:

Muslim Transsexual Maoist Manchurian Candidate.

Don’t get strung out by the way I look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The General said:

Muslim Transsexual Maoist Manchurian Candidate.

Muslim Transsexual Maoist Manchurian Candidate that founded ISIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, msommer said:

Muslim Transsexual Maoist Manchurian Candidate that founded ISIS

Kenyan Muslim Transsexual Maoist Manchurian Candidate that founded ISIS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump doesn’t want to be president for life. He didn’t want to be president in the first place. He can’t wait until this is over so he can fire up the Trump News Network. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, themeanmachine said:

Trump doesn’t want to be president for life. He didn’t want to be president in the first place. He can’t wait until this is over so he can fire up the Trump News Network. 

I thought this for a while but it’s hard for me to continue to believe it - what would be stopping him from resigning tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.