What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this bit is tired but it's still kinda crazy to think about how this ZTE scandal would play in any other administration.  Certainly would be the biggest scandal of the 8 year Obama administration.  It's not even on the front page today.
Scandal, what scandal??

I know this bit is tired but it's still kinda crazy to think about how this ZTE scandal would play in any other administration.  Certainly would be the biggest scandal of the 8 year Obama administration.  It's not even on the front page today.
I’ve never heard of anything like it. It’s a scandal but it’s also the worst kind of dysfunction.

Was there a call with Xi on this? Is there a read out? Diplomatic cable? Memo of understanding? Position paper? I doubt any of that exists. No other administration from Adams to Wilson would be capable of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
That...if the Qatari stuff happened likensome think...more notesfrom the Trump Tower meeting.

Confuse the masses by volumes of stupid.

I am sure this will stop the leaks:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 2h2 hours ago

Sweeps are carried out to track down personal devices that have made it into the W.H. Men carrying large handheld devices roam the West Wing—moving from room to room—scouring the place for devices that aren't government-issued in an effort to stop leaks.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/15/politics/white-house-leaks-west-wing-phone/index.html

TobiasFunke said:
HIS administration LAST MONTH levied a 7 year ban and $1.2 billion fine for evading sanctions on Iran, NK and lying about it as well as espionage concerns.  Major national security issues....

squistion said:
I am sure this will stop the leaks:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 2h2 hours ago

Sweeps are carried out to track down personal devices that have made it into the W.H. Men carrying large handheld devices roam the West Wing—moving from room to room—scouring the place for devices that aren't government-issued in an effort to stop leaks.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/15/politics/white-house-leaks-west-wing-phone/index.html
that's where the focus should be...don't try and fix/improve what's actually going on in this dysfunctional administration...just make sure the country doesn't find out about how dysfunctional we really are.... 

I don't get it either why this is being given so little attention.

Walter Shaub‏Verified account @waltshaub 1h1 hour ago

Donald Trump abruptly made a bizarre reversal of policy after China committed a half billion dollars to a project that will benefit him personally, and Raj Shah told reporters it’s a private business matter that the White House won’t discuss. How is this not the top news story?

Donald Trump abruptly made a bizarre reversal of policy after China committed a half billion dollars to a project that will benefit him personally, and Raj Shah told reporters it’s a private business matter that the White House won’t discuss. How is this not the top news story?
Congress won't do anything about anything. The writing is on the wall I guess. Dude has carte blanche to do whatever he wants. 

Don't worry we'll get back to ginning up the thinnest hint of scandal into the WORST THING IN THE WORLD once a dem is back in office. 

It is absolutely grounds for a Congressional investigation, likely followed by impeachment and removal ... in a sane world.

It’s really hard to think of a more impeachable offense than letting public policy be affected by a personal business stake.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is absolutely grounds for a Congressional investigation, likely followed by impeachment and removal ... in a sane world.

It’s really hard to think of a more impeachable offense than letting public policy be affected by a personal business stake.
but it's not even like it's some random Chinese company...it's a company that a MONTH ago was fined by his administration over $1 bill for violating sanctions and espionage concerns...our military is forbidden from using their software due to spying concerns....and this is the company he's worried about saving Chinese jobs????

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
TobiasFunke said:
I am both amazed, and saddened that this is not a bigger story.

We have reached full saturation point with Trump, where nothing he does moves the needle anymore.

that's where the focus should be...don't try and fix/improve what's actually going on in this dysfunctional administration...just make sure the country doesn't find out about how dysfunctional we really are.... 
This is like being pissed at your friend for outing your cheating GF instead of being mad at your cheating GF.  :loco:  

I think the cumulative weight of this, Cohen's bribery, Manafort's money laundering, Flynn's Russia contacts, Cabinet members' overspending, Trump Jr.'s untruthful testimony about quid pro quo, and the wait for more from the Mueller investigation is overwhelming for most people who have long been convinced that we are experiencing a Kleptocracy of epic proportions.  We are in a holding pattern until this gets fully exposed, and the almost daily revelations about more corruption make the wait longer.  "Hillary had a private email server" looks so feeble by comparison, but that is what Trump supporters are still clinging onto and they will do so until Trump gets run out on a rail.    

starting to walk it back?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More

The Washington Post and CNN have typically written false stories about our trade negotiations with China. Nothing has happened with ZTE except as it pertains to the larger trade deal. Our country has been losing hundreds of billions of dollars a year with China...

6:09 AM - 16 May 2018

More

The Washington Post and CNN have typically written false stories about our trade negotiations with China. Nothing has happened with ZTE except as it pertains to the larger trade deal. Our country has been losing hundreds of billions of dollars a year with China...

I don't think he is walking it back at all - just pointing out that while he is bending over for China on this aspect of the trade deal, there are other aspects where China will get even bigger concessions, and a happy ending.

More

Nothing has happened with ZTE except you tweeting about saving the company from financial hardship that your justice department levied on them for trade violations. Nothing false about that.

:popcorn:

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown wrote an op-ed calling for his fellow Democrats to "stop bashing President Trump."

Brown, a longtime fixture in California politics, said his party may risk having problems in the midterms if they don't let up on the anti-Trump rhetoric.

"It's not going to be easy," Brown wrote in the San Francisco Chronicle on the prospect of Democrats halting their repeated attacks on the president.

"It might even mean checking into a 12-step program," he said.

Brown, 84, noted that his party is right to take issue with Trump's "policies and personality" but that Democrats must understand that a "significant" amount of Americans are pleased with the New Yorker's tenure.

"They are making money. They feel safe and they agree with the president's protectionist trade policies... even his immigration stance," said Brown, who served as a state assemblyman for three decades prior to his 1996-2004 tenure as mayor.

The former mayor said that for Democrats to win in November they must adjust their priorities when it comes to Trump, comparing the ability to set a "winning agenda" to that of "maneuvering an aircraft carrier."

"It takes time to change course," Brown wrote. "If [Democrats] want to be on target [in] November... the[y] need to start changing course now

It's almost like that was one of the main reasons he wanted to the job

Brown, 84, noted that his party is right to take issue with Trump's "policies and personality" but that Democrats must understand that a "significant" amount of Americans are pleased with the New Yorker's tenure.
I think Brown is smarter than a lot of people give him credit for, and is a deft politician.  I can see where he is coming from that anti-Trump rhetoric for the sake of being anti-Trump is detrimental, but we cannot confuse that with being against Trump policies.  This is why we debate politics, to help the other side understand where we are coming from and hopefully bring them to our side or find some common ground.

:popcorn:

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown wrote an op-ed calling for his fellow Democrats to "stop bashing President Trump."
So as long as a random Democratic public official is willing to tell Dems to move on and get along, you're willing to ignore page after page of scandals in his administration.

I think Brown is smarter than a lot of people give him credit for, and is a deft politician.  I can see where he is coming from that anti-Trump rhetoric for the sake of being anti-Trump is detrimental, but we cannot confuse that with being against Trump policies.  This is why we debate politics, to help the other side understand where we are coming from and hopefully bring them to our side or find some common ground.
I think a winning strategy for Dems is to bash the snot out of Trump in blue areas, but ignore the crazy and focus on common-sense, centrist candidates and issues (health care being the biggest issue) in red areas.  This allows the party as a whole to object to the current state of affairs with this administration while gaining seats in Congress. 

Yeah. When you have more scandals in 1 year in office than every president collectively since Nixon, the way to serve the public and yourself is to call attention to it and kick it in the teeth.

Yeah. When you have more scandals in 1 year in office than every president collectively since Nixon, the way to serve the public and yourself is to call attention to it and kick it in the teeth.
Is ranking Trump administration scandals allowed in today's FBG?

this is what was going on at the same point in the Obama admin...SOOOOO BOOORRRINNNGGG..........

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/05/16/huntsman.china/index.html

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/16/scenes-from-the-white-house/

http://www.indianapolisrecorder.com/news/features/article_b057b31d-e48d-5f94-9393-b1b442c72a4c.html

:shrug:

I blame all the hissy fits. When everything is a scandal , nothing is
Lot of truth in this.

The flip side is Trump is so unorthodox, half the stuff he does openly would have sunk a normal politician - just a few years ago.  I am most worried that we are re-setting "normal" based on Trump's behavior.  But, there is a lot of over-reaction to some mundane stuff, which leads to no reaction to the serious stuff.

In this new era here at FBG I wouldn’t link to that. I dont care but sensitivities might be triggered even if posters agree with you 

I dont agree with the pic but I do find it very humorous 

just saying
Linking to quotes from the President could get you banned from FBG. Tell that to yourself about 25 times and think about it.

Linking to quotes from the President could get you banned from FBG. Tell that to yourself about 25 times and think about it.
I’m not going to knock a persons lifestyle. I’m not a Puritan, far from it, but if the powers that be chose that way it their decision 

Somehow I think the good reverend j  would be very upset at reading those words, those naughty words. Now imagine I’m a guy sitting on a bench feeding birds and click that.  voting the person who said those words President.

It’s a nice reddit post
Fixed

I’m not going to knock a persons lifestyle. I’m not a Puritan, far from it, but if the powers that be chose that way it their decision 
Protip: Between the moderators and the source of the quotes, it's not about the moderation.

Trump reminds me a of a classmate I had back in high school.  He was a complete goofball and a pretty big ###.  He was vulgar and would grab girl's butts and pretty whatever he wanted to do.  He got away with pretty much everything because that's just who he was.  Girls found it funny and didn't care what he said or did.  If another guy did what he did they'd been slapped or worse.  Trump is that guy that gets away with everything because that's just who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread