What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on.  Seriously?  The guy's reading off the teleprompter!  How can he/they get THAT wrong?  This is the sort of basic, rudimentary screw up that sends me up the wall with this administration.  The lack of precision.  The lack of quality.  The lack of care.  The insensitivity.  The lack of respect.  The blatant incompetence.  And there are STILL a good number of Americans who believe this administration is playing a game of genius level chess on some higher plane than the rest of us?  How can people think that?  He just screwed up the most fundamental fact in something requiring precision and tact, and made a mockery of the whole thing. 

I should be surprised. I’m not. The message that gaffe conveys has been clear for years. Total self absorption at the core of a whole bunch of expedient awfulness.
Yeah, you'd think when you combine this, with the pictures showing him crashing a wedding that night, that would be enough to make people realize how awful he is and how much empathy he lacks.  But I don't think it will move his supporters at all.

I guess spending the weekend golfing instead of running the country means you miss some current events.

The really horrible thing is that conservatives are so scared of him that they will now try to explain this

"Well Toledo and Dayton are close to each other.  SAME THING"

"Well they are both in Ohio. SAME THING"

i like that people on Twitter mention that Toledo is the home of Bowling Green.  You know the sight of that massacre that NEVER HAPPENED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally, when I have disagreements with a political figure I can set that aside and listen to a speech and come away with “that was good, that was meaningful”.  Watching Trump make that speech today, knowing full and well the statements/tweets of his over just the last couple weeks, I can’t even suspend my disbelief long enough to pretend that maybe he does care

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, don't let that little Toledo snafu obscure the good news: Now that China has agreed to import huge amounts of grain from Russia, Vlad is sure to give Donny a pat on the head and a hearty "thank you."

I think the GOP is actually struggling to come up with an effective strategy to deal with this - essentially acknowledging the stink that is permeating from Trump on this issue - right now:

Kyle Griffin

@maddow

just now on MSNBC: "I should note that we reached out to 30 Republican senators and members of Congress today, but all declined to appear on this program."

I think the GOP is actually struggling to come up with an effective strategy to deal with this - essentially acknowledging the stink that is permeating from Trump on this issue - right now:

Kyle Griffin

@maddow

just now on MSNBC: "I should note that we reached out to 30 Republican senators and members of Congress today, but all declined to appear on this program."
Seems cowardly. 

I don't think it's cowardly to recognize that your district is vulnerable or that you're no longer an effective legislator.

(I do think it's cowardly to refuse to speak up against Trump, but I think that's a separate issue.)
it’s my issue

I think the Trump supporters and semi-sympathizers/defenders here are smart people with integrity. I know there has been this kind of line drawn in the sand going back about 3 years when it comes to Trump. There’s a feeling that people are just ganging up on Trump, being overly critical and just looking for any reason to mock him. There certainly have been comments about Trump and people who sort of defend him or don’t outright criticize him that were way out of line. Lots of people here have been really emotional about this Presidency and said things that they probably wouldn’t have ever expected to say a decade ago (that goes both ways). Many of us haven’t been excellent to each other. All of that said, it really is time for all of us here to say enough is enough. There’s no need to defend the President- even in the face of the most inflammatory posts. He doesn’t deserve any of our defense. He’s a terrible leader and regardless of political party or beliefs, we will all be better off the sooner he is out of office and out of our lives. Who knows exactly how or why this happened but we need to let the tide wash away the line in the sand and let it carry him and his Presidency away to sea. 

I think the Trump supporters and semi-sympathizers/defenders here are smart people with integrity. I know there has been this kind of line drawn in the sand going back about 3 years when it comes to Trump. There’s a feeling that people are just ganging up on Trump, being overly critical and just looking for any reason to mock him. There certainly have been comments about Trump and people who sort of defend him or don’t outright criticize him that were way out of line. Lots of people here have been really emotional about this Presidency and said things that they probably wouldn’t have ever expected to say a decade ago (that goes both ways). Many of us haven’t been excellent to each other. All of that said, it really is time for all of us here to say enough is enough. There’s no need to defend the President- even in the face of the most inflammatory posts. He doesn’t deserve any of our defense. He’s a terrible leader and regardless of political party or beliefs, we will all be better off the sooner he is out of office and out of our lives. Who knows exactly how or why this happened but we need to let the tide wash away the line in the sand and let it carry him and his Presidency away to sea. 
Watch out now, take care
Beware of greedy leaders
They take you where you should not go...

George Harrison, "Beware of Darkness" 1970

Just so unnecessary.....In the last few years, we have had churches, movie theaters, schools, concerts, festivals, retail stores, nightclubs.....So depressing that good people have lost their lives. i can't imagine how the survivors cope with this, much less the families of these victims. Very sad.
I've gotten to know one of the survivors of the Boston Marathon bombing (severe leg injuries).  Even years later, she's still dealing with PTSD, and her daughter (who had just finished the race) and her husband (who did not attend) had to deal with survivors guilt.  The circles of pain and suffering extend quite far.

A very forceful article from the Philadelphia Inquirer  (reprinted in today's Chicago Tribune and other papers).

This is well-worth a read.
Researchers went back and looked at the counties where Trump held his 2016 campaign rallies and found those jurisdictions posted a stunning 226 percent rise in hate crimes. That paper didn’t include El Paso, which was targeted in 2019 by both the Trump campaign and a mass killer. Or Southern Ohio, where the president held a rally on Thursday. 
Just coincidence I'm sure.

It's pretty telling that Trump would lash out at Obama for his inspecific comments a couple days ago.  I'd love to have a psychologist's analysis of the "version" Trump is presenting of himself to the country.  How do we get this done?

I lived 5 years in Texas, Austin and Houston.

I have a question: do you think Texans will be loyal to El Paso? 

Or Donald Trump?

He’d better show up and kiss the Lone Star tomorrow if he knows what’s good for him. 

I've gotten to know one of the survivors of the Boston Marathon bombing (severe leg injuries).  Even years later, she's still dealing with PTSD, and her daughter (who had just finished the race) and her husband (who did not attend) had to deal with survivors guilt.  The circles of pain and suffering extend quite far.
Every kid in the country will have grown up terrorized by mass shooter drills. The laws will change. This stuff right now is a rear guard action for sure. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread