Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

2 hours ago, GoBirds said:

So that was also part of article? Sorry no link was provided so wasn’t clear. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/12/all-the-presidents-crooks/602965/

"Trump’s core supporters have proved again and again to be criminals: Michael Cohen, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, and Roger Stone, have pleaded guilty to, or been convicted of, federal crimes. Now Collins and Hunter, Trump’s earliest supporters in the House, have joined them.

The attraction of such people—and so many like them—to Donald Trump tells us something important about who Trump is: a man who appeals to crooks because they recognize him as one of their own."

Edited by AAABatteries

2 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Is there factual info supporting this? You don’t think there are plenty of criminals that vote against Trump? Pretty bold statement. 

The first paragraph of Maurile's post (that you would have had to actively delete/crop out) literally cites to factual information supporting the assertion (i.e. the first two congressmen to support him and his personal lawyer all being convicted criminals). 

Now, you may have valid disagreement with the assertion (such as a sample size argument or something), but the guy literally gives you factual information. Your statement is akin to the seemingly continued "no evidence for impeachment argument" that is, just, factually wrong (as there is some evidence to suggest that Trump may have committed an impeachable offense given that there was several days of testimony on the issue). 

Edited by Zow

3 minutes ago, Zow said:

The first paragraph of Maurile's post (that you would have had to actively delete/crop out) literally cites to factual information supporting the assertion (i.e. the first two congressmen to support him and his personal lawyer all being convicted criminals). 

Now, you may have valid disagreement with the assertion (such as a sample size argument or something), but the guy literally gives you factual information. Your statement is akin to the seemingly continued "no evidence for impeachment argument" that is, just, factually wrong (as there is some evidence to suggest that Trump may have committed an impeachable offense given that there was several days of testimony on the issue). 

There was no link and no quotations, sorry for the confusion but some real quality reading there. Wow. I feel like I’m in an alternate reality, please resume I’ll bow out. 

2 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

There was no link and no quotations, sorry for the confusion but some real quality reading there. Wow. I feel like I’m in an alternate reality, please resume I’ll bow out. 

He cited the article. Took 5 seconds to Google

All the President’s Crooks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dickies said:

He cited the article. Took 5 seconds to Google

All the President’s Crooks

In paragraph 1, what caught my attention was the statement in the next paragraph. 

I guess we can keep nitpicking it if you really need to? I would prefer to move on. 

7 hours ago, mrip541 said:

@ddale8
19m
Trump says he's going to go directly back to Washington after his meetings because he's done plenty of press conferences at this summit, "unless you're demanding a press conference" and then he'll do one. (There is a press conference on his schedule.)

@ddale8
22m
Trump, sitting with Merkel, is asked about Trudeau and says, "Well, he's two-faced." After a long pause, he adds that Trudeau is a "nice guy" but was probably "not very happy" that Trump called him out yesterday for Canada not meeting NATO's 2% spending guideline.

@ddale8
16m
I should have specified that Trump was asked about the video of Trudeau appearing to mock him, not about Trudeau generally.

Trump caught on hot mic afterwards saying: That was funny when I said the guy's two-faced.

11 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

The Trump administration has formalized work requirements for food assistance.

Almost 700,000 people are expected to lose access to nutritional assistance.

This administration/Republican leadership seems to have an endless supply of bad ideas.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I actually don't mind this as long as it takes into account all the potential reasons one may not be able to work.  But for any able bodied person without depended kids that need caring for, why shouldn't they have to work?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

I actually don't mind this as long as it takes into account all the potential reasons one may not be able to work.  But for any able bodied person without depended kids that need caring for, why shouldn't they have to work?

Because they can't get jobs with consistent hours for long periods.  The new rules remove waivers for areas with higher unemployment by setting a much higher threshold for the waiver.

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Because they can't get jobs.  The new rules remove waivers for areas with higher unemployment by setting a much higher threshold for the waiver.

This is one of those areas that needs more fleshing out.  I'd have to have proof that these people are trying to get work.  Maybe they are now, I don't know, but I don't think attempting to get work is too much of a burden. 

18 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

That will teach those kids a lesson - don’t be born poor (and certainly not poor, black, and economically disenfranchised by the very govt that now will learn you a lesson).

We have lost our collective humanity and decency as a nation. Sweet dreams beacon on the hill. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

David Frum’s article today makes the point that the first two members of Congress to endorse Trump have both been convicted of crimes, just like his personal lawyer, his campaign manager, his first National Security Advisor, and his senior campaign advisor (or whatever Stone’s title was).

Criminals flock to Trump because they recognize him as one of their own.

The old adage from my childhood seems appropriate; you're known by the company you keep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazyike said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmA0nC4tZVM&fbclid=IwAR3qYoZyl7-AiV2xtyqZ3OmoGKHDXbSWYvqsMz7RHaqGNMa2jgpXI_19uWc

NATO leaders including our strong allies from Great Britain, France and Canada laughing at Trump. 

And lets not forget that the leader of Great Britain is Boris Johnson

1 hour ago, Koya said:

That will teach those kids a lesson - don’t be born poor (and certainly not poor, black, and economically disenfranchised by the very govt that now will learn you a lesson).

We have lost our collective humanity and decency as a nation. Sweet dreams beacon on the hill. 

A lot of us still try to help the poor. This one is squarely on the GOP.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

So horrible. At least the corporations and multi millionaires got hundreds of billions in tax cuts.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:

So horrible. At least the corporations and multi millionaires got hundreds of billions in tax cuts.  

This from the party that appropriated Jesus. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Thankfully Jesus isn't a Republican.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

When Democrats push bills without Republicans they make health insurance accessible through a plan that needs fixing. 

When Republicans push them without Democrats, Pfizer gets a $40 billion tax cut. 

Both sides?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

When Democrats push bills without Republicans they make health insurance accessible through a plan that needs fixing. 

When Republicans push them without Democrats, Pfizer gets a $40 billion tax cut. 

Both sides?

I would like to see the demographics of the people losing benefits. 

Edited by Sheriff Bart

14 hours ago, James Daulton said:

This is one of those areas that needs more fleshing out.  I'd have to have proof that these people are trying to get work.  Maybe they are now, I don't know, but I don't think attempting to get work is too much of a burden. 

I'm closer to your side of this argument, but there was an interesting quote in the article that made me take a step back:

"Hunger advocates have repeatedly emphasized that SNAP is intended to address hunger and not compel people to work."

14 hours ago, Koya said:

What kids are being taught a lesson?  

"The USDA rule change affects people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are childless and not disabled."

• Thanks 1

Obviously what these 700,000 people need is the motivation to find a job that only gnawing, consistent hunger can give them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Joe Biden takes the gloves off.  Have always wondered why politicians don't use montages like this and Trump gives you so much material.

Here for all of it.

Thanks for sharing the link. I think this angle is worth discussing. Made a post here https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/772242-2020-the-race-for-the-white-house-the-good-place/page/77/?tab=comments#comment-22347048

20 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Joe Biden takes the gloves offHave always wondered why politicians don't use montages like this and Trump gives you so much material.

Here for all of it.

Probably because it would be like cutting the Godfather trilogy down to a 30 second synopsis. 

1 hour ago, Ned said:

What kids are being taught a lesson?  

"The USDA rule change affects people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are childless and not disabled."

I apparently was poorly self informed and thought this was a different reg... my bad 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, urbanhack said:

Taking his ball and going home...

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1202267170115346432?s=20

This is reportedly because of the other leaders laughing at him. For mocking everyone else so much, he is remarkably thin-skinned. 

But regardless of the reason for leaving, it’s certainly disappointing to have our top Executive leaving such an important meeting with allies before the actual real work. Not really surprising as it seems as if our President is more concerned with 10 second soundbytes and tweets rather than the actual work of governing, but disappointing none the less.

• Like 1

Jeff Mason@jeffmason1·4m

Russian representative to the UN thanks ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ for the tour of the White House. After China representative notes they saw the “china room,” the Russian ambassador jokes he did not see a “Russia room.”

We’ll take care of that, Trump quips back.

Of course we will....

37 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Jeff Mason@jeffmason1·4m

Russian representative to the UN thanks ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ for the tour of the White House. After China representative notes they saw the “china room,” the Russian ambassador jokes he did not see a “Russia room.”

Of course we will....

It was previously known as the Oval Office.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

This is reportedly because of the other leaders laughing at him. For mocking everyone else so much, he is remarkably thin-skinned. 

But regardless of the reason for leaving, it’s certainly disappointing to have our top Executive leaving such an important meeting with allies before the actual real work. Not really surprising as it seems as if our President is more concerned with 10 second soundbytes and tweets rather than the actual work of governing, but disappointing none the less.

I think I saw something where Kellyanne said that they were all just jealous of him because of how great and powerful a speaker he is.   Sure that's it.  :lmao:   

So apparently using the word "baron" during their hearing or anything else political  is used as insult to Trump's son.  That is what Melania and other conservatives are saying.  Why can't we just leave the kids alone in this.  First of all it had nothing to do with him it was a play on his name.  I mean I guess we should thankful he first name is Rob.  Secondly, yeah because I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calls Chelsea Clinton a dog for weeks until he had to actually apologize on his show.   And Obama kids were trashed many times half the time in racist tones.  hell even Bush's daughters were bashed on how they acted in college which is basically every child going to college.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, apalmer said:

I'm sure Putin will chip in a samovar

1 hour ago, apalmer said:

:golfclap:

21 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

Maybe they are really into the prosperity gospel :shrug:

Trump:

"The light bulb. They got rid of the light bulb that people got used to ... It doesn't make you look as good. Being a vain person … I don't want an orange look ... We'll have to change those bulbs out at least a couple of rooms where I am in the White House."

Via CSPAN (video clip at link)

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1203049053317160960

Um, Mr. President, it's not the light bulbs.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:33 PM, Sinn Fein said:

Jeff Mason@jeffmason1·4m

Of course we will....

The original Amber Room has been in our possession the whole time, hasn’t it?!?  The true find of the Monuments Men, I bet

*I know I’m a day late here, but couldn’t resist

what’s this toilet flushing thing?

8 minutes ago, joffer said:

what’s this toilet flushing thing?

We all know the average toilet needs 10-15 flushes because of low water pressure due to environmentalists, when in reality we should all just have a Niagra Falls we can poop in.

• Laughing 1

President Reagan: "The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

President Trump: "We have a situation where we're looking very strongly at sinks and showers, and other elements of bathrooms ... You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water … People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times."

• Laughing 6
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

President Reagan: "The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

President Trump: "We have a situation where we're looking very strongly at sinks and showers, and other elements of bathrooms ... You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water … People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times."

I have never had to flush 10 or 15 times to flush my morning "Trump tweet." Even twice is pushing it for me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I have never had to flush 10 or 15 times to flush my morning "Trump tweet." Even twice is pushing it for me.

Too many word salads if you ask me, goes right through you after a while 

Captain Queeg : Ahh, but the strawberries! ... beyond the shadow of a doubt and with - geometric logic - that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist! And I'd have PRODUCED that key if they hadn't've pulled the Caine out of action!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Captain Queeg : Ahh, but the strawberries! ... beyond the shadow of a doubt and with - geometric logic - that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist! And I'd have PRODUCED that key if they hadn't've pulled the Caine out of action!

Life imitates art - that scene and the book 1984. So eerily reminiscent.

3 hours ago, squistion said:

Trump:

"The light bulb. They got rid of the light bulb that people got used to ... It doesn't make you look as good. Being a vain person … I don't want an orange look ... We'll have to change those bulbs out at least a couple of rooms where I am in the White House."

Via CSPAN (video clip at link)

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1203049053317160960

Um, Mr. President, it's not the light bulbs.

Mr. President, Willie Wonka is on line 3.