Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

18 minutes ago, caustic said:

Another entry: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318282942762934272?s=21

"I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'”

There's a latin phrase for this but it just won't come to me. Jumpy and pro quo? 

• Thinking 1

27 minutes ago, caustic said:

'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? 

Lol.  This sound like something Vincent Adultman would say.  

• Laughing 3

2 hours ago, parrot said:
2 hours ago, caustic said:

'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? 

Lol.  This sound like something Vincent Adultman would say.  

The Nigh Mets are my favorite squadron.

• Like 2

President Trump’s strategy is to call Biden a criminal and tells a reporter he is a criminal for not reporting it. How does that kind of nonsense work for anyone beyond his base? For that matter how does it even work for his base? Actually he  is trying to say AG Barr is just too nice of a guy to arrest Biden. Wake up America, how is this race even close in some states? For all those close to Trump when this election is over, win or lose, for President Trump’s sake, seek psychiatric help for him.

Biden will listen to scientists!!! Is the weirdest put down I may have ever heard.  Yet people think we shouldn't listen to them.

No I'm not a liberal democrat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, belljr said:

Biden will listen to scientists!!! Is the weirdest put down I may have ever heard.  Yet people think we shouldn't listen to them.

No I'm not a liberal democrat

Boy that is nothing short of hitting below the belt and dirty pool. “ Trump/Pence 2020 Make Earth Flat Again”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 7
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

No dome?

Yes, but you can't see thunder.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1318645998739214336?s=20

Apparently there was some drama while President Trump was taping his 60 Minutes interview today. He abruptly ended his solo interview after around 45 minutes & did not return for a scheduled walk & talk he was supposed to tape with Pence

Edited by Bamboo Bill
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kal El said:

Aww, I was looking forward to skipping the whole thing. Now I can only skip part of a tantrum.

Must be pretty bad. He is threatening to post his edited version of the interview before it airs on 60 minutes. 

17 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Must be pretty bad. He is threatening to post his edited version of the interview before it airs on 60 minutes. 

Which will somehow be even worse.

7 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

BREAKING NEWS: little boy losing at Monopoly throws gameboard on the floor

How many times did he declare bankruptcy?

• Laughing 3

On 10/19/2020 at 4:50 PM, caustic said:

Another entry: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318282942762934272?s=21

"I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'”

That seems like it would be illegal in times when anything mattered anymore. 

• Like 1

The China bank account story seems like no big deal to me. One of his companies - that does business in China - has a bank account there. Ok.

If I am missing something, please let me know.

• Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, whoknew said:

The China bank account story seems like no big deal to me. One of his companies - that does business in China - has a bank account there. Ok.

Well there is the fact that he owns a company that does business in China. No divestment from his assets as would usually be the case with past presidents, but hey, this is no past president, right? He can do what he wants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Trump pays more taxes to China than he does the US. Cool cool cool.

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Well there is the fact that he owns a company that does business in China. No divestment from his assets as would usually be the case with past presidents, but hey, this is no past president, right? He can do what he wants.

I’m old enough to remember Jimmy Carter selling his peanut farm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Yea. Its absurd that he hasn't divested his business interests. Especially when he had all those wonderful binders of blank pages. 

But that's not a new scandal. So the bank account doesn't seem to add anything new to his horribleness.

42 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Yea. Its absurd that he hasn't divested his business interests. Especially when he had all those wonderful binders of blank pages. 

But that's not a new scandal. So the bank account doesn't seem to add anything new to his horribleness.

No probably not, maybe I just haven’t looked at the news in 12 hours, but I haven’t seen the bank account thing yet. But I did feel the need to point out the trading in China while simultaneously conducting a trade war with China may have some conflict. But a business having a bank account in the country it operates out of isn’t really a surprise. 

• Like 1

I can’t wait for 60 Minutes on Sunday. I think we’ll see something special. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

I’m old enough to remember Jimmy Carter selling his peanut farm. 

And then republicans having a hearing 6 months into his presidency just to make sure.

• Like 1

I mean when you get sick you listen to doctors and science?

Just now, belljr said:

What year is this?

CNN's Daniel Dale has reported that Trump has taped an interview with Jason Whitlock.

3 hours ago, belljr said:

3 hours ago, Osaurus said:

What year is this?

I'm thinking we should bring leeches back.  Bleed the Covid out of people.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

43 minutes ago, squistion said:

CNN's Daniel Dale has reported that Trump has taped an interview with Jason Whitlock.

At this point, why doesn't Trump just interview himself? He doesn't want to answer anything but the easiest softball questions anyway.

29 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I'm thinking we should bring leeches back.  Bleed the Covid out of people.

Can't.  The disinfectant we injected would kill them.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I mean...CMONNNN. Are we all being trolled? There’s no way this is all real. Am I in a coma right now??

You have to look at the pics in the link, it’s hilarious.

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1318988352918487040?s=20

Mike Sington

@MikeSington

Trying to impress her, Kayleigh McEnany hands Leslie Stahl a large book containing the Administration’s work on health care. I don’t think she expected Stahl to look at the book, because it’s blank.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I mean...CMONNNN. Are we all being trolled? There’s no way this is all real. Am I in a coma right now??

Mike Sington

@MikeSington

Trying to impress her, Kayleigh McEnany hands Leslie Stahl a large book containing the Administration’s work on health care. I don’t think she expected Stahl to look at the book, because it’s blank.

It would be a lot more funny if hundreds of thousands of Americans haven't died because of his refusal to do anything BUT try to take health care away. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mike Sington

@MikeSington

Are we currently living in the twilight zone?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

It's a cook book!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I'm assuming we all died in a nuclear war 4.5-5 years ago. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mike Sington

@MikeSington

that just can’t be real

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

that just can’t be real

The blank book is real enough. It's the administration's "health care plan" that's completely make believe.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mike Sington

@MikeSington

That might be one of the biggest own goals in the history of politics. Devastating and the perfect metaphor for GOP policies. That hasn’t hit the greater populace yet. I have a tough time believing it’s real also. But if it is.....damning. 

Mike Sington

@MikeSington

To be fair, it's only the first couple of pages.  I doubt that it's truly a blank book.  There's no other pictures showing anything beyond that so I think this is probably nothing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

To be fair, it's only the first couple of pages.  I doubt that it's truly a blank book.  There's no other pictures showing anything beyond that so I think this is probably nothing.

I agree. I don't believe that book is really blank.  No one could be that stupid.  Don't get me wrong.  They are very stupid and I have no doubt that all those pages on stage to declare the divestiture were blank.  But you don't hand someone a book and not expect them to at least leaf through it.

Heck, even ad agency folks are smart enough to throw in some Lorem ipsum text.  Plus with mail-in voting already begun it would wrong for 60 minutes to keep this to themselves until Sunday evening.  At the very least CBS should be promoting the interview with "Why did a Trump administration official hand Lesley Stahl a blank book that was purported to contain the administration's work on healthcare.  Tune in Sunday night to find out."   

Edited by Morton Muffley

Mike Sington

@MikeSington

Of course this is, what, the third time they have tried to pass off blank papers as actual documents?  This is something aliens would do. Like their eye sight can't see the print on the paper so they think humans are just really impressed with paper itself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morton Muffley said:

I agree. I don't believe that book is really blank.  No one could be that stupid.  Don't get me wrong.  They are very stupid and I have no doubt that all those pages on stage to declare the divestiture were blank.  But you don't hand someone a book and not expect them to at least leaf through it.

Heck, even ad agency folks are smart enough to throw in some Lorem ipsum text.  Plus with mail-in voting already begun it would wrong for 60 minutes to keep this to themselves until Sunday evening.  At the very least CBS should be promoting the interview with "Why did a Trump administration official hand Lesley Stahl a blank book that was purported to contain the administration's work on healthcare.  Tune in Sunday night to find out."   

I'm going to go ahead and push all in before the flop. 

• Laughing 1

6 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I'm going to go ahead and push all in before the flop. 

I don’t know...no one bluffs this much, right? 

15 hours ago, squistion said:

Whitlock’s journey the last few years has been ... interesting. 

And now he is working for professional troll Clay Travis. 

13 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I'm assuming we all died in a nuclear war 4.5-5 years ago. 

Remember how the Mayan calendar showed that the world would end in 2012?  How would you say things have gone since then?

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

I guess it says something when an 18-year Trump Org employee releases a book detailing racist statements made by our President and it hardly is a blip on the news cycle. 

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-10-16/new-book-by-former-trump-aide-reveals-early-racist-comments

She recalled Trump berating her when he spotted a Black worker on a construction site.

“Get him off there right now,” he said, “and don’t ever let that happen again. I don’t want people to think that Trump Tower is being built by Black people.”

Trump turned red-faced when she brought a young Black job applicant into the lobby of another building, she wrote.

“Barbara, I don’t want Black kids sitting in the lobby where people come to buy million-dollar apartments!”

Res wrote that Trump hired a German residential manager, believing his heritage made him “especially clean and orderly,” and then joked in front of Jewish executives that “this guy still reminisces about the ovens, so you guys better watch out for him.”

Trump and his campaign often pointed to Res during the 2016 election as an example of his progressive history of hiring and promoting women. But during her 18-year tenure, she wrote, Trump talked frequently and graphically about women’s looks and his own sexual exploits — and forced Res to fire a woman because she was pregnant and bar her own secretary from important meetings because she did not look like a model.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I guess it says something when an 18-year Trump Org employee releases a book detailing racist statements made by our President and it hardly is a blip on the news cycle. 

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-10-16/new-book-by-former-trump-aide-reveals-early-racist-comments

It's not breaking any new ground, that's why.

There was an awesome quote comparing Trump to the Dallas Cowboys. Anybody know which thread it is in?

Stahl: You're OK with some tough questions?

Trump: No, I'm not.

(pretty much sums up his presidency)

• Laughing 1