Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

14 hours ago, That one guy said:

Too many word salads if you ask me, goes right through you after a while 

He makes Aunt Bethany from Christmas Vacation seem lucid by comparison 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

15 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

President Reagan: "The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

President Trump: "We have a situation where we're looking very strongly at sinks and showers, and other elements of bathrooms ... You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water … People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times."

Why waste money working on healthcare when we can spend that money much better investigating how many times people flush their toilets?

2 hours ago, lazyike said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+flushing+toilets+for+2019&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Never thought I'd see the day where we would be talking about toilets in the political forum

I replaced all of the commodes in my house with these about 5 years ago when my oldest son started depositing yule logs.  Never need a second flush and the push buttons on top are very chic.  Highly recommend. 

On 12/5/2019 at 6:49 AM, Ned said:

What kids are being taught a lesson?  

"The USDA rule change affects people between the ages of 18 and 49 who are childless and not disabled."

So far. This is the tip of the social safety net. Plenty of pain to come

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

I'm picturing Trump frantically looking down into the bowl and then yelling "WE HAVE A SITUATION HERE!!!!"

And call the White House janitor to take care of the problem and he says"nice job Mr President"

54 minutes ago, lazyike said:

And call the White House janitor to take care of the problem and he says"nice job Mr President"

And then, quickly DJT waddles to another toilet nearby to sit & tweet out that, "Many people are saying that I make the best bowel movements, the best ever, many people are saying that." *

* not a real tweet or quote, yet, my imagination is weird

• Like 1

Aside from the word salad, I enjoyed the conclusion ("you get a bulb that's better for much less money" and "you'll keep the other alternative") which basically destroyed the whole point of his original argument.

Edited by Joe Summer

7 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

Poe in rhyme, Vonnegut in style, Twain in tone, and King in suspense.

Trump = best American author ever.

Because of the poll among Republicans last month, I believe we have an obligation from this point forward to compare every Trump statement and action to those of Abraham Lincoln. This particular speech was around the same length as Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, and so we can start there. 

Trump is more free form in style than Lincoln was. He uses a stream of consciousness style quite similar to William Faulkner in the first 100 pages of The Sound and the Fury. (Faulkner was attempting in that portion of the novel to explore the mind of an intellectually challenged man; Trump is able to achieve this feat better than Faulkner ever could.) Or, using an art analogy, if the Gettysburg Address is classic Rembrandt, then Trump’s Water speech is Jackson Pollack: a splash of paint thrown at the wall. 

“You have many states where they have so much water that it comes down.  It’s called rain.”

• Laughing 4

Just checking, does anyone in the Trump camp seem to care that Saudis executed and filmed a terrorist attack on a Florida naval base, or are we still going to rent them our military as mercenaries?

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Because of the poll among Republicans last month, I believe we have an obligation from this point forward to compare every Trump statement and action to those of Abraham Lincoln. This particular speech was around the same length as Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, and so we can start there. 

Trump is more free form in style than Lincoln was. He uses a stream of consciousness style quite similar to William Faulkner in the first 100 pages of The Sound and the Fury. (Faulkner was attempting in that portion of the novel to explore the mind of an intellectually challenged man; Trump is able to achieve this feat better than Faulkner ever could.) Or, using an art analogy, if the Gettysburg Address is classic Rembrandt, then Trump’s Water speech is Jackson Pollack: a splash of paint thrown at the wall. 

:lol: at the bolded. So true

53 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Smithsonian has already replaced the Gettysburg Address with the Toilet Address.

12 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Just checking, does anyone in the Trump camp seem to care that Saudis executed and filmed a terrorist attack on a Florida naval base, or are we still going to rent them our military as mercenaries?

Or that, as a result of increasing the fee the South Koreans pay five fold to have American soldiers stationed in South Korea, they've now gone and made a defense agreement with China? Y'all still don't like China, right?

Edited by msommer

10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It's really shocking that A) this story isn't getting more attention, and B) that the collective conservative outrage is practically nonexistent.

When an illegal foreigner kills an American citizen, President Trump proclaims that we need to have a "total and complete shutdown" of Muslim immigration until we can "figure out what the hell is going on". But when a foreigner working for one of his Saudi prince buddies murders U.S. servicemen on our own soil, he can't even muster up enough anger to condemn the act -- Trump's primary concern was to help the Saudis deflect blame ("The King said the Saudi people are greatly angered").

Imagine if Barack Hussein Obama was more concerned with playing spin doctor for his Muslim allies...

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, beef said:

Smithsonian has already replaced the Gettysburg Address with the Toilet Address.

Four turds and seven flushes ago....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 6

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Well the Saudi king feels bad about it and he's going to give us some money (well Trump said he is, he probably meant he's going to give Trump Industries some $$), so I don't know what more you could expect...

4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

The silence speaks volumes. I’m absolutely disgusted with all of it. 

Where is everyone???

5 hours ago, Yenrub said:

Trump must be heavily invested in a company that makes toilets 

Kohler lobbyists can be quite persuasive 

• Laughing 1

14 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Someone transcribed the whole water speech. 
https://twitter.com/makinibrice/status/1203050140833058818?s=21

My brain started reading that and shut itself off for a moment as it failed to process the sheer amount of stupidity that went into that statement. Seriously, he took 2 buses and a cab to get to the point, and still missed it by 3 blocks. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 12/7/2019 at 3:38 PM, timschochet said:

I'm not so sure that was paint ...

:unsure:

On 12/7/2019 at 6:10 PM, yak651 said:

Well the Saudi king feels bad about it and he's going to give us some money (well Trump said he is, he probably meant he's going to give Trump Industries some $$), so I don't know what more you could expect...

We have a few dozen Saudi students at my university.  The president of their student organization, who is a former student of mine, sent a very nice note to several of the faculty whom he knows.  On behalf of those students, he expressed his concerns and consolences to us over the tragedy in Pensacola.  It was a kind gesture on his part to do so, which I acknowledged in a response to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The water thing would be funny and all if he was doing standup or interesting if he was a writer trying to emulate William Burrough's junkie cut up poetry, but this man isn't well. It stopped being funny a while ago and it's getting worse. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

:mellow:

33 minutes ago, ericttspikes said:

The water thing would be funny and all if he was doing standup or interesting if he was a writer trying to emulate William Burrough's junkie cut up poetry, but this man isn't well. It stopped being funny a while ago and it's getting worse. 

:goodposting: 's

8 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

All I hear is golf course owner about to lift water restrictions.

He doesnt understand that it's all treated water and that treating that water comes at a very expensive cost

What’s the deal with making Judaism a nationality? I feel like I’ve seen this one before.

1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

What’s the deal with making Judaism a nationality? I feel like I’ve seen this one before.

In fairness, the beliefs originated with the descendants of Abraham, but since people can convert to it, nationality doesn't really fit.

Trump to sign order to interpret Judaism as a nationality

Speaking at the Israeli American Council National Summit in Florida, Trump suggested that many of the attendees at the event are wealthy and in real estate, and that their wealth would guide their votes in the 2020 presidential election.

"A lot of you are in the real estate business because I know you very well. You're brutal killers, not nice people at all. But you have to vote for me, you have no choice," he said. The President also admonished some Jewish Americans for not loving Israel "enough."

Trump drew similar condemnation during his 2016 presidential campaign when he told a group of Jewish Republicans, "You're not going to support me because I don't want your money."

FFS