What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (2 Viewers)

that's great. I've loaded up with an extra first and 2 extra 2nds so I'm quite pleased. I'd like 1 more first if I could get one 
I now have 2 1st and 3 2nd round picks for 2019 and I’m working on two other deals that will swing me two more 1st and 2nd round picks. I currently have two targets for 2019 as “MUST HAVEs”

Tex

I now have 2 1st and 3 2nd round picks for 2019 and I’m working on two other deals that will swing me two more 1st and 2nd round picks. I currently have two targets for 2019 as “MUST HAVEs”

Tex
PM me those targets. I'm trying to land another 1. I have the same as you. running out of trade bait. so I lay wait until the season and sell to needy teams

PM me those targets. I'm trying to land another 1. I have the same as you. running out of trade bait. so I lay wait until the season and sell to needy teams
I gave up Ajayi so I understand. My other player that I’m giving up is B. Cooks but if I’m able to land any one of my targets I’m super happy. The other owner has been asking for Cooks and is interested in the trade but he’s away on vacation so we’ll negotiate next week.

Tex

I will post my trades in the Dynasty Trade tread when I’m finally done.

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up Ajayi so I understand. My other player that I’m giving up is B. Cooks but if I’m able to land any one of my targets I’m super happy. The other owner has been asking for Cooks and is interested in the trade but he’s away on vacation so we’ll negotiate next week.

Tex
I'm trying to move cooks as well. what are you looking to get 

I'm trying to move cooks as well. what are you looking to get 
I’m trying to get what could be a mid to late 1st. I’m a little deep at the WR position and Cooks may never see the field with the team that I have now. So I’m trying to acquire as many 2019 picks before all the hype starts.

Tex

I’m trying to get what could be a mid to late 1st. I’m a little deep at the WR position and Cooks may never see the field with the team that I have now. So I’m trying to acquire as many 2019 picks before all the hype starts.

Tex
A single 2019 1st seems really light for Cooks, especially one that doesn't look like it will be early.

A single 2019 1st seems really light for Cooks, especially one that doesn't look like it will be early.
Yeah I know, I’m just trying to acquire the picks. It’s a gamble but that’s what we’re doing in this hobby. I’m hedging my beat on the pick (Top 5) and who’s declaring. I know right now some people don’t like 2019 but I remember when people didn’t like 2018 until things were cleared up but then it was too late and it took a lot to get the picks. I getting the picks before the prices go up.

Anything can happen so hoping this guy struggles. His starting team is good his bench is really weak and he was hurt this off-season by FA.

Tex

Tex
So you are a little deep at WR so Cooks may never see the field, you have a RB stable beginning with Gurley, Zeke and Barkley and you have stashed several extra 1st and 2nd round picks away for next year? That must be a very fun and competitive league. When was the last time you lost a game?

cheap IMO.

2019 is a bad draft year, I would have no interest in those picks unless there were some solid player contracts expiring

Freeman is near the end of his contract and possibly nearing the end of being considered a rb1. 

that's great. I've loaded up with an extra first and 2 extra 2nds so I'm quite pleased. I'd like 1 more first if I could get one 
You seem to be a little bit all over the place on 2019 Doc? Is it going to be a good year or bad year?

You seem to be a little bit all over the place on 2019 Doc? Is it going to be a good year or bad year?
Comment #2 was in response to Tex, I believe, where he disagreed with Comment #1 and said that he feels it is a strong draft class. I find myself always willing to adjust my line of thinking/opinion based on others' input- those comments are 19 days apart. I spoke to several people and read several things about the draft to make me feel better about it to the point of unloading old/risky talent for picks. Also, Comment #2 has no relation to Comment #1. I said I would not want 2019 picks for Barkley. I still think that. Which is why I am trying to accumulate both. I love having 2019 picks and Barkley

My dynasty team is in heavy rebuild mode, so I unloaded some older/riskier talent for draft picks. That's the only way for me to be competitive, especially with one or two teams loaded with good players. Bad draft class or not, it's the only way for me to claw my way up. Plus, for me personally I'd rather have a team that I picked, not someone else (I took over an orphan team).

If we are talking a trade involving Barkley, yeah I wouldn't want 2019 picks. No RB in 2019 is as good as Barkley is projected to be. In fact, I don't believe any RB in 2019 is expected to be drafted round 1 in the NFL draft. At least at this point. There will always be one or two who will either sneak into the 1st round or be over-drafted by a team in love with them. 

So no, I'd say I'm not all over the place with this. 2019 is shaping up to be a poor RB class- 2 or 3 decent RBs but no one close to a generational talent like Barkley. WR seems to be better than 2018 from my last 3-4 weeks of reading, and QB doesn't seem too shabby either. This year was loaded with RB talent. Next year not so much. I would not trade Barkley for 2019 picks. I prefer to have both. 

So you are a little deep at WR so Cooks may never see the field, you have a RB stable beginning with Gurley, Zeke and Barkley and you have stashed several extra 1st and 2nd round picks away for next year? That must be a very fun and competitive league. When was the last time you lost a game?
It’s more competitive than you’d think. On the surface it may not but it is. The difference is knowing your league mates and being ahead of the groupthink. While people having lagging in seeing the league is going back to how it was during the 2000-2008 era of the NFL when running roaming the field and dominating the game....I’ve been stockpiling running backs. Just look at the threads from last year, many are still in denial.

I’ve gamble on myself and have been lucky and fairly decent in picking my draft picks. I’ve learned my own weaknesses and started thinking differently as well. Trading WRs like Jordy Nelson after he turned 30 but still had value, trading away running backs after their rookie contracts expire (when they passed their prime and their best years are behind them), taking a gamble and trading away a young A. Brown (which I wish I had gotten more) with the plan of getting picks (which is always a gamble) and landing Julio who a traded away Cooper (who is overhyped and too inconsistent) to get. All these little things are paying off.......FINALLY!

So yes, I have a stacked team but several years in the making with stacking up draft picks from 2014-2018 and now working on 2019 that people are saying it’s not a good draft year and I will yet again benefit from the laughable groupthink and draft studs like Harry, Noah, Montgomery, Harris, etc....and bring home another title (hopefully).

Even though I have my own formula for building a team this forum is one of the best resources in this business. Oh and I have Kamara too who will probably be coming off the bench and yes this is fun because all that hard work is paying off. Last year I played in 3 leagues and won all 3, one Dynasty, two Redrafts (one was online and one was live) all money leagues.......again, yes this is fun and I did lose a few games along the way. ;)

Tex

Comment #2 was in response to Tex, I believe, where he disagreed with Comment #1 and said that he feels it is a strong draft class. I find myself always willing to adjust my line of thinking/opinion based on others' input- those comments are 19 days apart. I spoke to several people and read several things about the draft to make me feel better about it to the point of unloading old/risky talent for picks. Also, Comment #2 has no relation to Comment #1. I said I would not want 2019 picks for Barkley. I still think that. Which is why I am trying to accumulate both. I love having 2019 picks and Barkley

My dynasty team is in heavy rebuild mode, so I unloaded some older/riskier talent for draft picks. That's the only way for me to be competitive, especially with one or two teams loaded with good players. Bad draft class or not, it's the only way for me to claw my way up. Plus, for me personally I'd rather have a team that I picked, not someone else (I took over an orphan team).

If we are talking a trade involving Barkley, yeah I wouldn't want 2019 picks. No RB in 2019 is as good as Barkley is projected to be. In fact, I don't believe any RB in 2019 is expected to be drafted round 1 in the NFL draft. At least at this point. There will always be one or two who will either sneak into the 1st round or be over-drafted by a team in love with them. 

So no, I'd say I'm not all over the place with this. 2019 is shaping up to be a poor RB class- 2 or 3 decent RBs but no one close to a generational talent like Barkley. WR seems to be better than 2018 from my last 3-4 weeks of reading, and QB doesn't seem too shabby either. This year was loaded with RB talent. Next year not so much. I would not trade Barkley for 2019 picks. I prefer to have both. 
This is why I love this forum. I’m somewhat like Dan, my mind is open to change so I completely understand where he’s coming from. Last year I had no interest in drafting Kamara but after going back and forth with a few posters here I changed my mind and drafted him in the middle of the 2nd round. Just because someone says something and later says something else should that not be understandable? Is it not ok to change your mind after reasoning as to why you think or believe a certain way?

I commend him for that because some people are stubborn and even if the opposition is making a sound argument they will never change their minds.

Just my humble opinion,

Tex

And you’re right at the moment there’s no running back projected to be taken in the 1st round but that’s why you jump on those picks now because there are some talented running backs in 2019 like Love or Harris who many had ranked at minimum in the top 5 “IF” they had came out in 2018.........that doesn’t make since soooooooo

Lets think about this, Love and Harris were unquestionably ranked in the top 5 of the 2018 class which saw how many runners go in the 1st round?????? Yet there are none projected to go in the 1st for 2019....whom something doesn’t fit. I will take my chances and go against the grain and get those picks now while they are at their cheapest rate because when this season starts and these college players crank it up, it’s going to be too late. I’d take Brown or N’Keal over any WR in this class, I’d take Fant over any TE in this class. Then consider there are players that come out of the woodworks that no one saw coming.

You’re doing it right Dr. load up and get as many as you can. I had to do the same thing you’re doing now, it will work out for you. I figured just because I won there’s no reason to stop doing what has bringing in the success.

Tex

And you’re right at the moment there’s no running back projected to be taken in the 1st round but that’s why you jump on those picks now because there are some talented running backs in 2019 like Love or Harris who many had ranked at minimum in the top 5 “IF” they had came out in 2018.........that doesn’t make since soooooooo

Lets think about this, Love and Harris were unquestionably ranked in the top 5 of the 2018 class which saw how many runners go in the 1st round?????? Yet there are none projected to go in the 1st for 2019....whom something doesn’t fit. I will take my chances and go against the grain and get those picks now while they are at their cheapest rate because when this season starts and these college players crank it up, it’s going to be too late. I’d take Brown or N’Keal over any WR in this class, I’d take Fant over any TE in this class. Then consider there are players that come out of the woodworks that no one saw coming.

You’re doing it right Dr. load up and get as many as you can. I had to do the same thing you’re doing now, it will work out for you. I figured just because I won there’s no reason to stop doing what has bringing in the success.

Tex
This is good information. Love and Harris are two I have my eye on

I'm not sure what the best source is for projecting next year's 1st rounders, but FWIW walter mock has three RBs in the 1st round of his early 2019 mock (albeit all three very late in the 1st).

As others have said, most had Love/Harris in the same tier as Sony/Penny/Chubb before they opted to return to school and neither of them are even projected as the top RB for 2019 right now nor do we know who this year's guys will be that come out of nowhere.  There certainly is no Barkley but it looks like there will be plenty of guys similar to the guys we saw go in the 2-6 range this year which most people thought pretty highly of.

I'm not sure what the best source is for projecting next year's 1st rounders, but FWIW walter mock has three RBs in the 1st round of his early 2019 mock (albeit all three very late in the 1st).

As others have said, most had Love/Harris in the same tier as Sony/Penny/Chubb before they opted to return to school and neither of them are even projected as the top RB for 2019 right now nor do we know who this year's guys will be that come out of nowhere.  There certainly is no Barkley but it looks like there will be plenty of guys similar to the guys we saw go in the 2-6 range this year which most people thought pretty highly of.
I remember post like this by Faust:

“NFLDraftScout's Dane Brugler believes Alabama junior RB Damien Harris deserves more love.

Brugler notes in three SEC games this season Harris is averaging 10.4 yards per carry, along with three touchdowns. We all know Bo Scarbrough's name and monstrous frame, but Harris offers real big play upside. In those three games Harris has long runs of 46, 61 and 75 yards.

Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter”

In this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/753698-dynasty-2018-draft-class/?page=9

Hell, I remember when I was the only talking up Sony Michel.

Gaskin, Webber were in those talks too.

Tex

Remember both Sony and Penny wasn’t even talked about prior to last season.

Tex

Wow you guys are aggressive. You’d take SB over Bell, Zeke, DJ? Why?
depends on scoring system but I think its possible to see 2000 all purpose yards. I dont see that in Zeke or DJ this year. Bell would be the only one I'd consider but I think I've got rookie fever and a little nervous about bells mileage

Wow you guys are aggressive. You’d take SB over Bell, Zeke, DJ? Why?
Zeke lead the league in rushing as a rookie and so did Hunt last year. So the last two year a rookie lead the league in rushing why can’t it be 3 years in a row? With Barkley who many believe is more talented it’s certainly possible.

Tex

Barkley has been working out with Gurley and Zeke. Sounds like he’s off to a damn good start!

Tex

It’s more competitive than you’d think. On the surface it may not but it is. The difference is knowing your league mates and being ahead of the groupthink. While people having lagging in seeing the league is going back to how it was during the 2000-2008 era of the NFL when running roaming the field and dominating the game....I’ve been stockpiling running backs. Just look at the threads from last year, many are still in denial.

I’ve gamble on myself and have been lucky and fairly decent in picking my draft picks. I’ve learned my own weaknesses and started thinking differently as well. Trading WRs like Jordy Nelson after he turned 30 but still had value, trading away running backs after their rookie contracts expire (when they passed their prime and their best years are behind them), taking a gamble and trading away a young A. Brown (which I wish I had gotten more) with the plan of getting picks (which is always a gamble) and landing Julio who a traded away Cooper (who is overhyped and too inconsistent) to get. All these little things are paying off.......FINALLY!

So yes, I have a stacked team but several years in the making with stacking up draft picks from 2014-2018 and now working on 2019 that people are saying it’s not a good draft year and I will yet again benefit from the laughable groupthink and draft studs like Harry, Noah, Montgomery, Harris, etc....and bring home another title (hopefully).

Even though I have my own formula for building a team this forum is one of the best resources in this business. Oh and I have Kamara too who will probably be coming off the bench and yes this is fun because all that hard work is paying off. Last year I played in 3 leagues and won all 3, one Dynasty, two Redrafts (one was online and one was live) all money leagues.......again, yes this is fun and I did lose a few games along the way. ;)

Tex
Any time you need to explain to people why something isn’t like it looks, you’re probably kidding yourself.

Ilov80s said:
I’m sure this will get bias answers but where do you guys slot SB in for redraft?
non-biased answer... about 6th or 7th. I figure it will go in some order of Gurley, Zeke, Bell, AB, Kamara and then its going to come down to owners in your league. My league (which is Houston based) and quite a few others, Hopkins will probably go before Barkley. OBJ, Hunt, Fournette and DJ are possibilities too and come down to preference, most of my redraft league-mates are not into dynasty and typically shy away from rookies, however there are one or two other owners like myself that wouldn't hesitate to take a rookie in the mid to late 1st, so it likely will come down to what draft order we land in.

This would go to the draft strategy threads, but with the many intriguing rookie runningback's this year, my early strategy is looking like going heavy on WR in the early rounds and then grabbing some rook's as my RB2/3's in the mid rounds. If that's the case then I may not be looking to pair Barkley up with other rookie runningback's.

non-biased answer... about 6th or 7th. I figure it will go in some order of Gurley, Zeke, Bell, AB, Kamara and then its going to come down to owners in your league. My league (which is Houston based) and quite a few others, Hopkins will probably go before Barkley. OBJ, Hunt, Fournette and DJ are possibilities too and come down to preference, most of my redraft league-mates are not into dynasty and typically shy away from rookies, however there are one or two other owners like myself that wouldn't hesitate to take a rookie in the mid to late 1st, so it likely will come down to what draft order we land in.

This would go to the draft strategy threads, but with the many intriguing rookie runningback's this year, my early strategy is looking like going heavy on WR in the early rounds and then grabbing some rook's as my RB2/3's in the mid rounds. If that's the case then I may not be looking to pair Barkley up with other rookie runningback's.
What’s the reason DJ isn’t a locked in top 4?

or better yet, why SB over DJ?

Dr. Dan said:
depends on scoring system but I think its possible to see 2000 all purpose yards. I dont see that in Zeke or DJ this year. Bell would be the only one I'd consider but I think I've got rookie fever and a little nervous about bells mileage
Elliott has nearly averaged that for his career and you want a rookie with a crappy line? He has 2600 yards and 22 tds in 25 games. Crazy.

Because Dez is gone? I don't see how the passing game could be worse than last year. 
Take away a Dez and a Witten.  A year of film showing Dak unable to make plays through the air.  Right in front of your face, kinda hard not to see isn't it?

eta - Dak will get his chance to show it.  Teams are going to make him.

Take away a Dez and a Witten.  A year of film showing Dak unable to make plays through the air.  Right in front of your face, kinda hard not to see isn't it?

eta - Dak will get his chance to show it.  Teams are going to make him.
Lol

Tex

He couldn't make plays without Zeke on the field.  Is this even debatable? 

I'm just a guy watching TV, but if you play the Cowboys this year - what is your plan?  I'm loading up to take away Zeke.

Bringing this back full circle.. I like the Giants skill positions around Saquon by a mile over Zeke's situation.  

Vice Versa for the Offensive lines.

With these situations, it seems easier to load the box against the Cowboys to mitigate the running back.  Until something changes, I'm making the Dallas WRs beat me.

He couldn't make plays without Zeke on the field.  Is this even debatable? 

I'm just a guy watching TV, but if you play the Cowboys this year - what is your plan?  I'm loading up to take away Zeke.
You do know that Dak is 14-2 when he spreads the ball around to 9 diferrent receivers right? Losing Dez is soooooo overrated, the last 3 years teams didn’t double team Dez. He didn’t attract extra attention he couldn’t separate from one on one coverage. Dez was a shadow of his former self. The face of this Franchise is Zeke so yes they struggled without him. Have you really seen Zeke’s numbers? Everyone keeps pointing to Dak as the problem, that’s laughable. These WRs will have to do their job and if they do he’ll be fine.

Tex

Bringing this back full circle.. I like the Giants skill positions around Saquon by a mile over Zeke's situation.  

Vice Versa for the Offensive lines.

With these situations, it seems easier to load the box against the Cowboys to mitigate the running back.  Until something changes, I'm making the Dallas WRs beat me.
OBJ, Engram, yes they are good. Their line is still suspect and not better than the Cowboys OL.

Tex

Will come down to personal preference on DJ or SB but I imagine most will go with the hot young rookie because of the excitement and DJ being out of the picture for a year and having a short track record before that. DJ is not a lock for the top 4 at all in my mind for those reasons as well as: coming off an injury, lost his coach, lost his QB, new Coach is defensive minded with only one year of experience as a DC in the NFL, on paper they drafted a legit #2 WR that in theory will reduce the 120 targets DJ had two years ago, Fitz gobbled up a boatload of targets last year but it was one of his worst years ever for efficiency, he is likely nearing the end of his on field effectiveness. 2nd worst o'line in the league last year behind only Houston and while they added some bodies in FA and the draft, none of their additions were marquee or immediate impact IMO.

That's not to say he won't have a good year and I'd personally consider him in the 8 to 12 range, but there are a lot of headwinds for DJ. Most likely I won't be drafting him though because I could easily see and wouldn't fault someone taking DJ after Gurley, Zeke and Bell are off the board, especially if DJ shows wells in pre-season and you are drafting late.

Will come down to personal preference on DJ or SB but I imagine most will go with the hot young rookie because of the excitement and DJ being out of the picture for a year and having a short track record before that. DJ is not a lock for the top 4 at all in my mind for those reasons as well as: coming off an injury, lost his coach, lost his QB, new Coach is defensive minded with only one year of experience as a DC in the NFL, on paper they drafted a legit #2 WR that in theory will reduce the 120 targets DJ had two years ago, Fitz gobbled up a boatload of targets last year but it was one of his worst years ever for efficiency, he is likely nearing the end of his on field effectiveness. 2nd worst o'line in the league last year behind only Houston and while they added some bodies in FA and the draft, none of their additions were marquee or immediate impact IMO.

That's not to say he won't have a good year and I'd personally consider him in the 8 to 12 range, but there are a lot of headwinds for DJ. Most likely I won't be drafting him though because I could easily see and wouldn't fault someone taking DJ after Gurley, Zeke and Bell are off the board, especially if DJ shows wells in pre-season and you are drafting late.
Don't forget that his QB is Sam Bradford. Bradford (and even Rosen) are better throwing short to intermediate passes, therefore teams don't have to worry about long bombs as much. Not that their QBs last year were much of a threat. But that means teams can plan for DJ a little better, force Bradford or a rookie to beat them. 

Looking at DJ's resume, he has had a great streak of 21 games from 2015 through 2016 (out of 48 total in 3 seasons). He was hurt last year, so that's incomplete, but missed pretty much an entire season. He's going to be 27 now, in a new system, new QB, pretty much a completely different team than he had success in 2016. 

His biggest value was receptions in 2016 along with his TDs.  Lots of questions surrounding DJ. I would avoid and draft Barkley ahead of him just because I think less questions surround Barkley. But I try to be overly cautious with RBs because they can be unpredictable. 

I find it very odd how a guy who has played 33 games in the NFL and in that time has a 16 game average pace of 1600 yards, 60 receptions and 16 TDs somehow has more question marks than a rookie.

Users who are viewing this thread