What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (1 Viewer)

OL was down 3 starters. Considering the line is average when all 5 guys are playing, I can’t say I am shocked. I don’t think Saquon is quite right yet, either.

Saquon Barkley rushed 13 times for one yard and caught five passes for 30 yards in Week 10 against the Jets.

Barkley had no running room with the offensive line missing three starters. The Giants gave up on running in the second half, allowing Daniel Jones to throw 40 passes. This was Barkley's worst game, but he's struggled on the ground since returning from his ankle injury, getting held under 65 yards in three of the last four weeks. Barkley has admitted to not being 100 percent over his ankle, so the bye week gives him a chance to rest up.

Last edited by a moderator:
How concerned are we over Saquon? Enough to drop a viable Flex player to pick up Gallman, again....... as handcuff insurance.
Concerned how? He practiced yesterday though they dont put out injury reports. If we are concerned about production, he is a pile of stink right now. He is worthy of a benching. He got 1 less yard rushing this past week on bye then he did the week prior against the Jets. 

Shurmur's play calling is not the best.  Giants haven't had a 100+ yd rusher since weeks 1 and 2 (Barkley).   I don't see that changing this year.
Saquan should see the ball 30 times this week against a bad run D right now, but my guess is he wont see it 20. 

This isnt about game script, you dictate the script against a team with a bad run D and a backup QB if you run, run and run again with Quan.  

Dont throw to him as check downs, throw to him on as many of designed plays as possible. Say if Quan stinks this game, we lose.

Build a game plan around him for once, see what happens. 

How concerned are we over Saquon? Enough to drop a viable Flex player to pick up Gallman, again....... as handcuff insurance.

Concerned how? He practiced yesterday though they dont put out injury reports. If we are concerned about production, he is a pile of stink right now. He is worthy of a benching. He got 1 less yard rushing this past week on bye then he did the week prior against the Jets. 
Injury reports aside, his injury seems to be the reason he has been a pile of stink right now. I mean talk of shutting him down was mentioned. His coach may have said no plans to shut him down, but if he's not quite "there" the NY Football Giants appear to be weighing their options.

Injury reports aside, his injury seems to be the reason he has been a pile of stink right now. I mean talk of shutting him down was mentioned. His coach may have said no plans to shut him down, but if he's not quite "there" the NY Football Giants appear to be weighing their options.
Shutting him down was mentioned in the media. Not by the team. lol

Might have a chance at acquiring him in redraft PPR for essentially Derrick Henry and Gallup (don’t use Gallup) 

Are the three lineman that missed getting healthy? Is Barkley a good buy or will this injury linger.  His Week 15 vs Miami looks nice.  

Might have a chance at acquiring him in redraft PPR for essentially Derrick Henry and Gallup (don’t use Gallup) 

Are the three lineman that missed getting healthy? Is Barkley a good buy or will this injury linger.  His Week 15 vs Miami looks nice.  
Man I don’t think I’d do that? PPR or not, Henry has been a stud! I don’t think I’d make that trade even up let alone Gallup. Not with Barkley likely not 100% rest of year. Just my opinion of course...

Man I don’t think I’d do that? PPR or not, Henry has been a stud! I don’t think I’d make that trade even up let alone Gallup. Not with Barkley likely not 100% rest of year. Just my opinion of course...
Redraft I think I agree even if it sounds weird. 

Dynasty would be a different story, not close there

Redraft I think I agree even if it sounds weird. 

Dynasty would be a different story, not close there
Agree 100% especially PPR but you have to think Henry has returned way more on investment this year in redraft considering their draft slots.

Don't do that trade.

But if you don't use Gallup, definitely try and sell him now.  The DAL schedule gets much more difficult.

Don't do that trade.

But if you don't use Gallup, definitely try and sell him now.  The DAL schedule gets much more difficult.
The next 2 weeks are difficult, but the playoffs isnt bad. Not to mention Dallas may be in shoot outs, forced to pass, in many of these games. I'd say it bodes well for Gallup and not well for Cooper

Agree 100% especially PPR but you have to think Henry has returned way more on investment this year in redraft considering their draft slots.
Yeah, thanks. The deadline is Saturday. We are a short bench league, so I can easily replace Gallup with a Fuller type on waivers. 

Back to Barkley it’s tough to figure out, now he has a shoulder issue to deal with, I’d hope his high ankle is close to healthy by now with two more weeks.  You’d have to think they want to see a healthy Daniel Jones with Barkley.  

Barkley gets Eagles 14 but should be good if you advance then gets Miami/Redskins 

The next 2 weeks are difficult, but the playoffs isnt bad. Not to mention Dallas may be in shoot outs, forced to pass, in many of these games. I'd say it bodes well for Gallup and not well for Cooper
Can't imagine many teams that have Barkley made the playoffs. I'm one of them & he's been an absolute season killer. Mostly thanks to his awful coach & qb.

Can't imagine many teams that have Barkley made the playoffs. I'm one of them & he's been an absolute season killer. Mostly thanks to his awful coach & qb.
His awful QB? Are you serious Clark??? Since week 3 when Jones got his first start, he's the 9th highest scoring QB in FF (at least in my leagues with 4 point passing TDs) He's also had injuries to his top WR and TE, and of course Barkley, for pretty much the entire time he's been a starter. I'd say a rookie that has outscored Rivers, Ryan, Brady, Wentz, Jimmy G, Goff, and more over the last 9 weeks is anything but "awful" 

I'll make the playoffs and it's amazing that all us Barkley owners haven't had a single "explosion" game yet. It's got to happen one of these weeks. Hopefully in the playoffs.

I’m in the playoffs but Barkley is on the bench. I’m currently 9-2 and a two game lead with two games to go for the playoffs.

Tex

Bench?

With bye issues and injuries there's no way in hell I could bench him.
I aint benching him, but tell me, is anyone confident that he will do anything other than 60 yards rushing tops with 3 catches for 21 yards. 

12 Points is what I am hoping for, and I'm not holding my breath. I lack so much confidence in some what many would call stars lately. lol

How can you justify benching Barkley? If he blew up on my bench, I would sick to my stomach.
What has he done this year. NOTHING,  absolutely nothing. Not a single good game, why wouldn't you bench him. Hope doesn't win games. I'm benching him, his qb refuses to throw it to him. If Eli was playing,  I would play him. Danny dimes is an idiot. 

What has he done this year. NOTHING,  absolutely nothing. Not a single good game, why wouldn't you bench him. Hope doesn't win games. I'm benching him, his qb refuses to throw it to him. If Eli was playing,  I would play him. Danny dimes is an idiot. 
Saquon is averaging 16.7 fantasy points per game which is 10th best.  If you take out the game he got hurt, he is averaging 18.2 points per game which is 6th best.  His last game is the only game he has scored less than 15 fantasy points with the exception of the game he got hurt.  He has 33 receptions in 7 games.  That would project to 75.4 receptions over 16 games.

I wonder what it will take today to please Saquon owners to quiet the pessimistic talk next week on this thread? I would think his average of 16.7 today with hopes of 20+ for sure. He'll have to score at least once, and hopefully twice. He'll have to break a few long runs, catch 4-7 balls for a total of 150 scrimmage yards, and make the highlight reel. Oh, that could put him around 30 lol. Okay, 20 and we're all happy, 30 and we're giddy.

Giddy Up 

And since I'm asking, you too Alvin :))))

EDIT: Okay, 25 for each lol. Yet the skies the limit for multi-TD's :)))

Bench?

With bye issues and injuries there's no way in hell I could bench him.
🤷🏼‍♂️ There's a decent chance I bench him for gurley, Lindsey, Edelman and Gallup next week. It's not hard to imagine a team having the RBs to put him on the bench. And then watch him go off.

His awful QB? Are you serious Clark??? Since week 3 when Jones got his first start, he's the 9th highest scoring QB in FF (at least in my leagues with 4 point passing TDs) He's also had injuries to his top WR and TE, and of course Barkley, for pretty much the entire time he's been a starter. I'd say a rookie that has outscored Rivers, Ryan, Brady, Wentz, Jimmy G, Goff, and more over the last 9 weeks is anything but "awful" 
Jones has had 3 big weeks. The rest of the time he's been pretty bad. But yes, he's playing well for a rookie with the injuries.

I am feeling hopeful this week that he will have a big game.
When you have to feel hopeful about a guy who lit it up last year as a rookie and now barely puts up points, when we took him in the first round this year.

Biggest 1st round bust by far this year, bar none. 

I wonder what it will take today to please Saquon owners to quiet the pessimistic talk next week on this thread? I would think his average of 16.7 today with hopes of 20+ for sure. He'll have to score at least once, and hopefully twice. He'll have to break a few long runs, catch 4-7 balls for a total of 150 scrimmage yards, and make the highlight reel. Oh, that could put him around 30 lol. Okay, 20 and we're all happy, 30 and we're giddy.

Giddy Up 

And since I'm asking, you too Alvin :))))

EDIT: Okay, 25 for each lol. Yet the skies the limit for multi-TD's :)))
I need him to perform like a top 5 pick, just once. JUST ONCE, before consider him a must start again.

No, 25 points isnt pleasing. I need a guy who I took 3rd overall to have 20+ for the rest of the season with maybe one outlier. 

I wont be pleased after this week, cuz even if he puts up 20 points, he would still be behind Lindsey for points this season if Lindsey got none. Todd Gurley has more points than Barkley. 

Settling and being happy after one performance isnt gonna be good enough after the year he has had.

Reminder he got 1 yard last week, it can not be assumed that he will bounce back. Im sick of assuming stars will be stars. I am that guy, Im not celebrating names, I celebrate points.

If he cant do at least what Gurley did last week, he doesnt deserve to start again for anyones roster again. His name being Barkley doesnt get points.

He has been awful for Barkley's value. On plays where Eli would have dumped it off to Barkley, Jones runs it himself. For a guy who was said to be a pocket passer and not a scrambler, he scrambles a lot (and quite well). He has been horrible for Barkley's value

I need him to perform like a top 5 pick, just once. JUST ONCE, before consider him a must start again.

No, 25 points isnt pleasing. I need a guy who I took 3rd overall to have 20+ for the rest of the season with maybe one outlier. 

I wont be pleased after this week, cuz even if he puts up 20 points, he would still be behind Lindsey for points this season if Lindsey got none. Todd Gurley has more points than Barkley. 

Settling and being happy after one performance isnt gonna be good enough after the year he has had.

Reminder he got 1 yard last week, it can not be assumed that he will bounce back. Im sick of assuming stars will be stars. I am that guy, Im not celebrating names, I celebrate points.

If he cant do at least what Gurley did last week, he doesnt deserve to start again for anyones roster again. His name being Barkley doesnt get points.
DITTO

I totally agree.

Minimum solid week today. Not pleased unless we see 18-20 the ROS to make him worth this high draft pick and a solid close to the season. Basically, he comes through and we get a W. Same next week and every week from here on out.

Oh, I didn't draft him #1 overall. I traded for him him to a desperate owner. I gave Montgomery & DJ Moore for Barkley & Westbrook. So far Barkley has been a big pile of nothing. Now it's time. 

Yes, Daniel Jones is an awful QB. Now, Yesterday and Tomorrow. For a rookie, for a vet for anyone. He is very very bad. 

He had some good games, as I said that any scrub can have much like how I say some starts can have a big game every now and then, if they aint doing it consistently, they are just another player and dont stand out. I dont give any leeway to rookies, you are on an NFL field, you are playing in the NFL. The stat line dont care ur a rookie. He can get better, but now he is awful and they made a bad draft pick. 

DITTO

I totally agree.

Minimum solid week today. Not pleased unless we see 18-20 the ROS to make him worth this high draft pick and a solid close to the season. Basically, he comes through and we get a W. Same next week and every week from here on out.

Oh, I didn't draft him #1 overall. I traded for him him to a desperate owner. I gave Montgomery & DJ Moore for Barkley & Westbrook. So far Barkley has been a big pile of nothing. Now it's time. 
Its ok to say what is taboo.

Football players only matter if they are putting of fantasy points. I will not care about any NFL player personally or if their team wins if they are not my favorite team. I'm a bad person, I get it. But I only care about Barkley if he puts up points. He doesnt put up points I say things like, why does he have any sponsorship's and why did the Giants waste a draft pick on a RB early? If Peterson beat his kid with a switch again, would they care as much now as it did when it happened? No, because he doesnt matter to fantasy. But then, you had people defending Peterson so they can have his stats. Fantasy football is what matters, not the player...the points matter. Now some will disagree, but I say what others never have the gall to say. Cuz I am not here to win moral points, just SBs. Perhaps thats why Im so triggered, bout to miss my first playoffs in over 10 years cuz guys who you cant bench because their name is Barkley has cost me with their suckitude. lol

I dont have the sunday ticket so I can watch that sweet Jax vs Ten game today, I have it to see if LFournette can get his 2nd TD in week 12. Points, not names and teams. 

Its ok to say what is taboo.

Football players only matter if they are putting of fantasy points. I will not care about any NFL player personally or if their team wins if they are not my favorite team. I'm a bad person, I get it. But I only care about Barkley if he puts up points. He doesnt put up points I say things like, why does he have any sponsorship's and why did the Giants waste a draft pick on a RB early? If Peterson beat his kid with a switch again, would they care as much now as it did when it happened? No, because he doesnt matter to fantasy. But then, you had people defending Peterson so they can have his stats. Fantasy football is what matters, not the player...the points matter. Now some will disagree, but I say what others never have the gall to say. Cuz I am not here to win moral points, just SBs. Perhaps thats why Im so triggered, bout to miss my first playoffs in over 10 years cuz guys who you cant bench because their name is Barkley has cost me with their suckitude. lol

I dont have the sunday ticket so I can watch that sweet Jax vs Ten game today, I have it to see if LFournette can get his 2nd TD in week 12. Points, not names and teams. 
Who is they? The NFL? The NFL doesnt care about fantasy. You mean fantasy owners? Then sure they would care. Walton got a bunch of posts after his latest incident. To your point, it wasnt pages and pages of debate like Tyreek Hill was, because Walton isnt a star. If that's what you mean, then I agree.

To the second bolded... :ptts:

Who is they? The NFL? The NFL doesnt care about fantasy. You mean fantasy owners? Then sure they would care. Walton got a bunch of posts after his latest incident. To your point, it wasnt pages and pages of debate like Tyreek Hill was, because Walton isnt a star. If that's what you mean, then I agree.

To the second bolded... :ptts:
"They" are Peterson owners at the time. The NFL does care about fantasy, to think they dont with everything they have done to cater to fantasy is mind boggling. People subscribe fto the ticket for fantasy, very few subscribe to watch their favorite team as its always on locally. Walton stinks, you caught my point as it was and you said you agree, so need to go on there. I kinda pointed "the point to me" out when I, myself, said Im triggered. lol 

I dont want to knock thread of rail anymore, but Barkley needs to perform better, if he doesnt, he is just becoming another scrub fantasy player regardless of talent. The big problem is the coach not giving him the ball, but that all goes into fantasy impact.

"They" are Peterson owners at the time. The NFL does care about fantasy, to think they dont with everything they have done to cater to fantasy is mind boggling. People subscribe fto the ticket for fantasy, very few subscribe to watch their favorite team as its always on locally. Walton stinks, you caught my point as it was and you said you agree, so need to go on there. I kinda pointed "the point to me" out when I, myself, said Im triggered. lol 
I'd say the NFL doesn't care about fantasy when it comes to player issues, such as AP beating his child. At that point they only care about their brand/image. It seems we are on the same page in general

No longer a fantasy asset. He has some value in dyno, but if he is on this team for the next 3 years, I dont know how much that can be worth. 

Users who are viewing this thread