Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 40 (Winners at War): Starts Wednesday Feb. 12, 2020

6 minutes ago, Ned said:

And she celebrated it as she walked to the bench.  :lol: 

I :doh: when Sarah included Tony in her steal-a-vote mission.  Think that's going to come back to bite her.

Oh I agree.  Rubbing ash on her forehead.  :lol:

• Laughing 1

Just now, Jayrok said:

With his spit!  :X

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ned said:

I :doh: when Sarah included Tony in her steal-a-vote mission.  Think that's going to come back to bite her.

It makes you realize sometimes how dumb the non-winners of those seasons are. These winners making just awful decisions is fun to watch. 

51 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It makes you realize sometimes how dumb the non-winners of those seasons are. These winners making just awful decisions is fun to watch. 

Most of the time the winners were far from the best contestants.  Survivor is not really the strongest and best as those types of players for the most part don`t last long.  The only way a strong player wins is by winning 4-5 challenges in a row toward the end.  Otherwise they get ousted.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Most of the time the winners were far from the best contestants.  Survivor is not really the strongest and best as those types of players for the most part don`t last long.  The only way a strong player wins is by winning 4-5 challenges in a row toward the end.  Otherwise they get ousted.

Agreed, but usually they weren’t bottom feeders. Some of these mistakes are inexcusable. Asking for help to get an advantage when all he can do is put ash on your face in the dark? Showing another person how to find an idol so they find it? Suggesting giving half your idol to Parvati? Telling a minority group’s lead person you want their help to vote off his #1 when you’ve got them 5-3 and doing it without telling the other 4?

And lastly, not voting off Sandra, Rob or Parvati in the first 4 votes.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ned said:

:goodposting:

Sort of humorous to hear them explain the strategy behind having loose lips, when it's painfully obvious the reality is they just can't wait to divulge a secret. Tony provided no assistance whatsoever.

58 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

:goodposting:

Sort of humorous to hear them explain the strategy behind having loose lips, when it's painfully obvious the reality is they just can't wait to divulge a secret. Tony provided no assistance whatsoever.

I get that Cops have a special bond with each other. I get that cops that are partners have an even more special bond with each other. I also get that for $2 million, Tony will sell Sarah down the river in a second. Sarah doesn't seem to get that yet.

Yeah, the problem is, you need to trust someone.  Adam trusted everyone so far, big mistake.  From what they've shown Sarah trusts Tony, which doesn't look good for her based on Tony's confessionals.

Rob trusted Ethan and Parvati.  Parvati and Rob are now just hoping a tribe switch comes along.  They should have voted Rob out this week.  Ethan was not a threat to anyone.  Need to put Amber and Rob both at Exile, at least then only one of them can get back in the game.

I felt like they must have cut out a lot of conversations between Sarah and Tony.  Seemed like an odd jump.

I did like their little 'pistol' hand shake

53 minutes ago, dhockster said:

I get that Cops have a special bond with each other. I get that cops that are partners have an even more special bond with each other. I also get that for $2 million, Tony will sell Sarah down the river in a second. Sarah doesn't seem to get that yet.

She should. He did it to her before when they played together, if I'm remembering that right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

She should. He did it to her before when they played together, if I'm remembering that right.

I agree, she should. I think the number one rule in survivor is to keep secret information to yourself. You know something that someone else doesn't which gives you an advantage. On the rare occasion, you might share secret information to build trust with an ally. But I would say 99% of the time, that ally shouldn't be someone WHO HAS STABBED YOU IN THE BACK BEFORE!!!!

Edited by dhockster

3 hours ago, rick6668 said:

Yeah, the problem is, you need to trust someone.  Adam trusted everyone so far, big mistake.  From what they've shown Sarah trusts Tony, which doesn't look good for her based on Tony's confessionals.

Rob trusted Ethan and Parvati.  Parvati and Rob are now just hoping a tribe switch comes along.  They should have voted Rob out this week.  Ethan was not a threat to anyone.  Need to put Amber and Rob both at Exile, at least then only one of them can get back in the game.

The edit seems to be putting an emphasis on duos. Lot of editing about who is paired up with who. So I'm keeping my eye on duos. Right now Sarah and Tony and Michelle and Jeremy appear to me to be the strongest duos in the game. Natalie so far is the star of EoE who is with also aligned with Michelle and Jeremy  especially Jeremy. With her fire tokens is has to the favorite to be one of the returnees. Would be a good story if Natalie and Jeremy get to the end together after being the first duo broken up. Cops r Us is a good story line as well.  

Edited by Mile High
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Michelle and Jeremy

If they can keep Ben and Denise on board for awhile these two would be my favorites from their tribe.  If they don't do a remix of the tribes, I like all four of those guys to make the merge. 

Plus Adam's hanging out on a limb and might be a vote you can wrangle -- it'll be hard for Rob and Parv to create a new alliance from the bottom since everyone knows how dangerous they are.

You guys might be on to something.  What if they did some twist and made them work as duos or even get voted out as duos?  

34 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

If they can keep Ben and Denise on board for awhile these two would be my favorites from their tribe.  If they don't do a remix of the tribes, I like all four of those guys to make the merge. 

Plus Adam's hanging out on a limb and might be a vote you can wrangle -- it'll be hard for Rob and Parv to create a new alliance from the bottom since everyone knows how dangerous they are.

It's still early but right now I'm looking at one of Michelle, Jeremy, Sarah or Tony as my pick for winner of this season. As wildcards I'm going to include Natalie Sophie and Yul if the season is about duos. Just don't see Rob,Sandra or Parvati winning.  I do think Parvati outlasts Rob and Sandra because of her lack of screen time so far. 

Edited by Mile High

Even the first HIIs play into the you need to trust someone theme. Getting help from people on EOE also adds to that layer.  

Edited by Mile High

On 2/28/2020 at 9:06 AM, Jayrok said:

It aired on Ash Wednesday, after all.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 2/28/2020 at 8:57 AM, Ned said:

Sandra is a joke. I would've sent her ### packing at the first Tribal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Sandra is a joke. I would've sent her ### packing at the first Tribal.

Still amazed that Sandra, Rob and Parvati are all still alive. Sheeple. Not like Sandra even has any real allies just people who don’t want to be a target which I’d say is a very highly inflated view of themselves. 

On 2/27/2020 at 9:01 AM, identikit said:

One kiddo, born in 2018 per Wiki.

She has 'it.'

I think she mentioned in the first episode that she had a kid 10 months before the start of this Survivor. 

Just now, NewlyRetired said:

I think she mentioned in the first episode that she had a kid 10 months before the start of this Survivor. 

Love her '69 T-Bird smile....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Still amazed that Sandra, Rob and Parvati are all still alive. Sheeple. Not like Sandra even has any real allies just people who don’t want to be a target which I’d say is a very highly inflated view of themselves. 

Keeping bigger personalities around is good for TV.  I think the producers at least offer their opinions on who should be voted next and try to steer it where they can.  Whether the cast listens is another story.  Even if not the producers influencing, I think in the back of the contestant's minds they also want to be remembered.  Nobody remembers the boring seasons and they need to keep these people around for entertainment value.

Edited by Jefferson the Caregiver

32 minutes ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Keeping bigger personalities around is good for TV.  I think the producers at least offer their opinions on who should be voted next and try to steer it where they can.  Whether the cast listens is another story.  Even if not the producers influencing, I think in the back of the contestant's minds they also want to be remembered.  Nobody remembers the boring seasons and they need to keep these people around for entertainment value.

I can see the producers influencing people's thoughts, but you'd think that at least one of these people wants to be remembered for getting rid of Sandra or Rob.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:10 AM, Da Guru said:

#Ozzy

On 2/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, Jayrok said:

Odd strategy by Adam.  Why convince your alliance to vote Parv and then go tell Parv's #1 ally about the plan?  :loco:   Adam is over-thinking things or just not very aware of his surroundings.

I like Ethan but he seemed over his head out there.  Wouldn't be surprised if he raised the sail to go get a burger. 

Natalie has a strong game.  Hope she gets back into the mix at some point.  

Sandra sits out another challenge.  Image that.

Adam’s move backfired, but I think you’re selling him short. His game is convincing as many people as possible to trust him while at the same time trusting nobody himself. He was trying his best to have Rob consider him an ally and build trust. With 99 players out of 100 that move would have worked imo. Rob is just a guy that won’t sit back and let it happen so if anything his failure was underestimating Rob. 

Adam is a good player though and I can see him working back into power. 

I know people keep saying they should get rid of Rob and Sarah, but I could also see the benefit of keeping them around.  I'm not sure people would vote for either of them at the end unless they did something amazing during the show.  But they might be as good as the duds that people usually bring to the end of the game.  

35 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I know people keep saying they should get rid of Rob and Sarah, but I could also see the benefit of keeping them around.  I'm not sure people would vote for either of them at the end unless they did something amazing during the show.  But they might be as good as the duds that people usually bring to the end of the game.  

Yeah, that worked with keeping Sandra around.  She she did some amazing things to win.  :X  You get bitter juries who won't vote for the better player due to spite.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quint said:

#Ozzy

He was a challenge guy but his social skills and game play sucked. I wouldn’t put him close to the top players.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Umm, if they make it to the end, they should win. To have gigantic targets in their back from day 1, they should win at the end. Anyone that goes with them to the end is either a follower of theirs or a made a critical error in judgement.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Umm, if they make it to the end, they should win. To have gigantic targets in their back from day 1, they should win at the end. Anyone that goes with them to the end is either a follower of theirs or a made a critical error in judgement.

I don't think that's 100% the case.  If you let them run the game, then yes.  But if you are running the game, even slightly, while keeping them in the dark on moves, you can use them just like you use the duds.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I don't think that's 100% the case.  If you let them run the game, then yes.  But if you are running the game, even slightly, while keeping them in the dark on moves, you can use them just like you use the duds.

C’mon, you think Rob and Sandra would ever be lemmings or wouldn’t be ready for the final tribal? If someone is dumb enough to bring them to the end they’ll get what they deserve. They talk daily about those two as the biggest threats and somehow at final tribal you are going to convince the jury they you led them there? No chance. The person(s) who gets one or both of them out is the favorite.

Edited by stbugs

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

C’mon, you think Rob and Sandra would ever be lemmings or wouldn’t be ready for the final tribal? If someone is dumb enough to bring them to the end they’ll get what they deserve. They talk daily about those two as the biggest threats and somehow at final tribal you are going to convince the jury they you led them there? No chance. The person(s) who gets one or both of them out is the favorite.

Rob just got blindsided (in a way) this past episode.  He's not a god.  

Sandra is excellent at manipulation and pleading her case to a jury.  Leaving her around as some sort of goat to take to the finals is a colossal mistake, imo.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

That’s not remotely what I said at all. Do you deny that everyone on the show hasn’t already been talking about those two being the biggest threats? Almost every discussion seems to bring them up but people seem afraid to target them directly. You said that people could possibly bring them to the final tribal and win. I think that’s incorrect because they are held in such reverence as we’ve seen so far. There’s no way you’d be able to convince people that you brought them in as your followers. If you don’t get rid of them prior to final tribal, then you aren’t winning. If Rob or Sandra make it to the final (no idea if both are there), they deserve to win because no one, I repeat no one has anywhere near the target on their backs as those two.

Also, I will refute what you just said. Among the current roster, Sandra and Rob are gods. They are so far in front of everyone else right now. There are some second tier folks like Yul and Parvati (might be others that emerge), but no one is talking about them and also voting as if they don’t want to get on their bad side. Sandra hasn’t had as much mainly because they aren’t losing challenges.

I don’t think Rob and Sandra will win because they are the top targets and once there are no more Ethans to vote for, the majorities will go after them unless they are controlling a bigger group.

Well, there is a statue of him on the island. 

• Laughing 2

11 hours ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Color me naive, but I really hate the thought of this.  Ruins the entire show.

17 minutes ago, Ned said:

Color me naive, but I really hate the thought of this.  Ruins the entire show.

I don't think producers or anyone is guiding people.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

They're not. They're just guiding the editing, which then makes it seem like the story they want is who is advancing, but, if they didn't advance, the story being told would be different. People just see it backwards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Couldn’t be any worse than Big Brother 

I wonder if the presence of Extinction Island is helping to keep Rob and Sandra around? They are probably the most vindictive players in the game and I don't think I'd want to be involved in voting either of them out only to have them return to the game later. As long as they are in the minority might as well keep them around until you can actually get them out of the game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I believe people are keeping them around as bigger targets/shields come the merge then vote them off.  If you are Tony or Jeremy, you want a bigger target then you...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I believe people are keeping them around as bigger targets/shields come the merge then vote them off.  If you are Tony or Jeremy, you want a bigger target then you...

Plus, if you know everyone is gunning for them, you can avoid the blowback of being the person who pulls the trigger on them so early in the game. 

• Like 1

That challenge at the island was one of the worst Survivor has ever devised.
Hey I know, let's make people who have barely had anything to eat walk up a treacuous hillside 20 Times for a Token.. Nothing possibly bad could happen.. could it :oldunsure: 
They are very lucky Ethan, or someone else, didn't collapse on those stairs from exhaustion and fall to their death. 

And it is quite obvious now people are looking at Sandra with the  "She doesn't do challenges, so don't need to worry about her winning immunity so can take her out later" eyes..  🐑

• Thanks 1

What happened to can't sit out back to back challenges? Seems they need to bring that back.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, huskers15 said:

What happened to can't sit out back to back challenges? Seems they need to bring that back.

Even though Jeff usually says "back to back challenges" it has usually just meant both challenges in a single episode (one for immunity and one for reward). Since there's been only 1 challenge per episode so far (for both) it hasn't been an issue.

But yeah, its incredibly lame and I have absolutely no idea why they're letting her get away with it, given her history. if she wins this this thing, I will just lose it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, snogger said:

That challenge at the island was one of the worst Survivor has ever devised.
Hey I know, let's make people who have barely had anything to eat walk up a treacuous hillside 20 Times for a Token.. Nothing possibly bad could happen.. could it :oldunsure: 
They are very lucky Ethan, or someone else, didn't collapse on those stairs from exhaustion and fall to their death. 

And it is quite obvious now people are looking at Sandra with the  "She doesn't do challenges, so don't need to worry about her winning immunity so can take her out later" eyes..  🐑

Just watched both US and Aussie latest episodes the challenges do seem to be getting a little extreme. The one on the Aussie version reminded me more of torture than anything else.

1 hour ago, TLEF316 said:
1 hour ago, huskers15 said:

Even though Jeff usually says "back to back challenges" it has usually just meant both challenges in a single episode (one for immunity and one for reward). Since there's been only 1 challenge per episode so far (for both) it hasn't been an issue.

But yeah, its incredibly lame and I have absolutely no idea why they're letting her get away with it, given her history. if she wins this this thing, I will just lose it.

yea, since Reward and Immunity is the same challenge there are no rules..
The fact she not only celebrates doing nothing to help her tribe, but that the rest of tribe thinks it is funny is  the reason I will continue to call them   🐑 

What an epic comeback in the challenge- one tribe was already working on the puzzle before the other even had all their keys. Rob really redeemed himself in this comeback win and kept Adam from going home.

How Sandra and Rob have received zero votes combined is amazing, they should have been the first from each tribe to go. 

I wonder how long the firewood thing on the island actually took. Looked like there was plenty of daylight left when they finished that thye could have taken more rest and water breaks and still finished.

Can't remember how fire tokens get used. Can you use them anytime you want or only at certain times in the game?

6 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

What an epic comeback in the challenge- one tribe was already working on the puzzle before the other even had all their keys. Rob really redeemed himself in this comeback win and kept Adam from going home.

How Sandra and Rob have received zero votes combined is amazing, they should have been the first from each tribe to go. 

I wonder how long the firewood thing on the island actually took. Looked like there was plenty of daylight left when they finished that thye could have taken more rest and water breaks and still finished.

Can't remember how fire tokens get used. Can you use them anytime you want or only at certain times in the game?

Yep, at first I thought only one would get the token.  But if all you had to do to finish is get a token, why not take your time?  What else do you have to do all day over there?