What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (7 Viewers)

Yes you are correct.  At least she earned it.   Rob was only able to buy it cause Amber gave him hers.  No one is giving Natalie a token on EOE.
Man, people really do hate Rob. Natalie got her first fire token because she was the only one there and Rob wasn’t there for the hiking challenge. If he was there earlier he would have had a few more. Amber giving him one is nice but Natalie was the first one out so you’d hate to have Rob go back with an idol but you’re OK with the first person out being able to win the whole season?

Man, people really do hate Rob. Natalie got her first fire token because she was the only one there and Rob wasn’t there for the hiking challenge. If he was there earlier he would have had a few more. Amber giving him one is nice but Natalie was the first one out so you’d hate to have Rob go back with an idol but you’re OK with the first person out being able to win the whole season?
I am NOT ok with Natalie winning.  No one from Extinction has any business winning this or any season IMO.

Seems like when they gave out 4 tokens at once, it was pretty easy to get them.  Not hard work like carrying all that wood.

I don't think it is fair to the other players at all to have Amber and Rob in this game.  Don't forget, when she was voted out, she gave her fire token to Rob as well.

It's just too much of an advantage.

I am NOT ok with Natalie winning.  No one from Extinction has any business winning this or any season IMO.

Seems like when they gave out 4 tokens at once, it was pretty easy to get them.  Not hard work like carrying all that wood.

I don't think it is fair to the other players at all to have Amber and Rob in this game.  Don't forget, when she was voted out, she gave her fire token to Rob as well.

Eh, he had to give up his fire tokens when he was voted out. He, like Amber, Parvati, Tyson and Sandra had huge targets on there before any votes. Rob and Amber got voted out well before the merge so not really an advantage. Neither of them has made it back in so clearly Rob having Amber and his reputation sure wasn’t a helpful even if he got a few fire tokens.

Its such an advantage that they are both sitting on extinction. 

Its such an advantage that they are both sitting on extinction. 
ETA: I agree with you, just adding my thoughts.

It’s because they were together that they are both on extinction. How is it an advantage that both were voted out before the merge? Yes, one more person comes back but acting like a chance to come out if the loser’s bracket is some huge advantage. Who’s the top target of Ron comes back? Every person that Rob has been aligned with is on extinction in part because of their relationship to him.

Honestly, having her there hasn’t helped him overall. I’d say it hurt him because he didn’t have a chance to not have a target. Tyson is now playing it better. Just sit back and be a cog for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
My point is, their "advantage" cuts both ways. Amber was voted off almost solely because of her relationship with Rob. 
This is true to some point, but Natalie was voted off for having a close relationship with Jeremy.  I doubt if they were both on Extinction, she would just give him her tokens so he could try to win his way back in.

I've known my wife for 18 years, and I'm not sure I've ever seen her laugh as hard as when Adam tried to pry that fleur de lis off the podium last night. that was like Jerry Lewis level slapstick.
That was awesome.  And, heck, why not try it?  

I'm slightly confused on remembering seasons it turns out... It happened in Survivor Australia season 5 (first All Stars with Russell Hamtz). A contestant received a clue and was told the idol was hidden under the lid of the vote urn, and retrieved it on his tribe's next visit to Tribal Council. 

But there is precedent for hiding an idol at Tribal, and US will borrow from Australia from time to time. Just another edition of the franchise. 
They did it(i won’t spoil) this season too.  

If she was the first one back in I would be ok with it, just like I would be ok with Tyson winning. Not a fan of letting a second player back in.
I don’t mind how many come back but they need to be back by now. Coming back with 5 or 6 left means you get to the end without making enemies, build relationships with the jury and potentially without backstabbing anyone. It’s a massive advantage compared to actually playing the game. 

I don’t mind how many come back but they need to be back by now. Coming back with 5 or 6 left means you get to the end without making enemies, build relationships with the jury and potentially without backstabbing anyone. It’s a massive advantage compared to actually playing the game. 
Agreed.  

This week was the funniest episode of Survivor I can recall. Certainly the funniest since the DvG episode where Angelina begged for a jacket. 

The entire tribal was hysterical even before Adam tried to play the podium as an idol.

Figured out an alternate way to do this with my Roku that is quite simple.  The web site Dailymotion has all of the episodes available for streaming.  Search for "Australian survivor season 1 dailymotion" or similar and you should find what you're looking for.  I verified that our Roku was setup for Screen Mirroring, then I used my Windows 10 laptop to connect to a wireless display and set my Roku as the wireless display.  Watching the first episode on our TV now.  Hope this helps!
Australian Survivor Season 01 was epic.  Loved it!  And if you needed another reason to watch, the overall cast of females in terms of eye candy is incredible.  😍

I was hoping that Adam would just run up and shoulder tackle the podium, then stand up and just start smashing it.  Once the "idol" popped off, just stand up like nothing happened, play it and walk back to his seat.
He's so scrawny, he would likely have bounced off of it and they would have had to call the medical staff to haul him away. 

Australian Survivor Season 01 was epic.  Loved it!  And if you needed another reason to watch, the overall cast of females in terms of eye candy is incredible.  😍
It's probably been mentioned and shame on me for not searching, but how do you find the Australian series?

It's probably been mentioned and shame on me for not searching, but how do you find the Australian series?
Several ways to do it:

1. The web site Dailymotion has all of the episodes available for streaming.  Search for "Australian survivor season 1 dailymotion" or similar and you should find what you're looking for.  This is the easiest and the way that we watched.  Just hook your laptop up to the TV and away you go.
  2. If you have a VPN and can set your location to Australia, you can watch directly from the Play10 channel web site
  3. Torrents

This has been such a good season.  I had no idea where the final vote was going.  I'm still trying to figure out who voted for who.  Jeremy made a good decision for himself, but ultimately his ship is sunk. 

This has been such a good season.  I had no idea where the final vote was going.  I'm still trying to figure out who voted for who.  Jeremy made a good decision for himself, but ultimately his ship is sunk. 
Im torn.  On the one hand they did need his vote.  but once he noticed Sarah was gonna play and advantage, then i think he knew it was going to be a slim chance.  Also i think he knew the votes were coming at him and really, if would come down to a big guess on who to play the idol for.  It could be a huge risk because his tribe may be mad.  However, if both tribes are down on him they may decide to let him stay since he has noone.  Im thinking it was a good decision for him to do that.  But we shall see how it was received. 

Im torn.  On the one hand they did need his vote.  but once he noticed Sarah was gonna play and advantage, then i think he knew it was going to be a slim chance.  Also i think he knew the votes were coming at him and really, if would come down to a big guess on who to play the idol for.  It could be a huge risk because his tribe may be mad.  However, if both tribes are down on him they may decide to let him stay since he has noone.  Im thinking it was a good decision for him to do that.  But we shall see how it was received. 
Oh yeah, I think it was the decision he had to make at the time.  I think he had the right read that he was going home, just put him in an almost no win situation.  But much like March Madness it is survive and advance.  

IMO, allowing the talking after he left defeated the power. Should have been.. " Time to vote", he stands, gives idol walks out and Jeff sends them to vote immediately. No secret discussing.. Better have had a backup plan in place or you are screwed.

More power to the idol and the scrambling would have been entertaining :popcorn:

IMO, allowing the talking after he left defeated the power. Should have been.. " Time to vote", he stands, gives idol walks out and Jeff sends them to vote immediately. No secret discussing.. Better have had a backup plan in place or you are screwed.

More power to the idol and the scrambling would have been entertaining :popcorn:
completely agree.  I assumed that would be the case. It made it completely unfair that they could re-strategize after that.  Not granted most of the time they have 2 or three backup plans in place so i would assume they would have but still.  I did find that odd. 

That would be a good rule change.  Once he asks if anyone has anything they want to play the communication has to stop.

I agree. Kind of sucks the wind out of the other people who were aligned with him when the majority can sit there and plan everything out. The biggest part is that after he did that Sarah was able to then play her advantage and still steal a vote.

All that said, since it was 6-3, why did they split the vote 4 and 2? If Kim plays the HII for Tyson, Sophie goes home. Why wouldn't you do 3 and 3 and then if a HII come out you re-vote and vote 6-0 on Denise?

That would be a good rule change.  Once he asks if anyone has anything they want to play the communication has to stop.
Not only did they huddle, Sarah was also able to play her steal a vote minutes after Jeff said let's vote and Jeremy stopped him. Once Jeff says let's vote, it needs to be over. It's like an auction where someone throws in the last second bid and then while the auction house validates that bid someone else can jump in with a new bid even though the auction is over.

There should be a let's vote no more discussion, give me any special things and then Jeff reads out what people played (including idols) and let's people vote knowing all the special things but not letting them re-huddle, play another special thing, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Kind of sucks the wind out of the other people who were aligned with him when the majority can sit there and plan everything out. The biggest part is that after he did that Sarah was able to then play her advantage and still steal a vote.

All that said, since it was 6-3, why did they split the vote 4 and 2? If Kim plays the HII for Tyson, Sophie goes home. Why wouldn't you do 3 and 3 and then if a HII come out you re-vote and vote 6-0 on Denise?
This makes me think even more they changed it up right at tribal and didn’t think it out.  Which means they were going all in on Jeremy.

And the fact that they never read the third vote on Sophie, makes me wonder if one of the 4 actually voted for Tyson too just to protect themselves. And like you said, doing it 4-2 made zero sense. I was almost yelling at my tv as the votes were read that it was so stupid 

I’ve warmed up a ton to Tony, right when it looks like he’s in trouble next week.

Sophie is sneaky good.  I don’t remember her at all before this.  Don’t remember Kim or Denise, either.  Maybe I have a mental block on female winners for some reason.

Was that Natalie’s kid or her sister’s?  I love Natalie but agree it wouldn’t be fair for her to come back in.  At this point rooting for Yul to return.

I know a lot of you guys bag on the loved ones visit episode. It still gets me. Every time. Especially this one.  Maybe it's because I have young children. 

Or maybe y'all are dead inside. I dunno. 
I’m more or less, dead inside. I like them. This one, with their kids, was the best  one ever.  However, Their over the top reactions, are what makes the loved ones visit, both awful, and awesome. 

Smart play by Jeremy.  Agreed with the above. Once Jeff says, time to vote, that should be it. And to me, the obvious votes were Tyson and kim. 🤷‍♂️

Was another interesting TC.  Fun season so far.  

Jeremy was in a tough spot.  He knew he was the target once Sara kept looking at him to make his move.  But so did everyone else.  Wasn't Jeremy part of Kim's alliance?  He could have kept his advantage for later if he thought/knew Kim would play her HII for him as part of her plan.  Maybe he felt she wouldn't do that. IDK.  Still, he's in a tougher spot now because he let his group down.  

Agree with comments above that say once Jeff says time to vote, no other discussion should be allowed.  

I normally dislike the loved ones reunions but this one was cool with the children included.  Although it did take half the show.  

The votes didn't seem to add up.  Didn't they skip or not show a vote?  Was it a 3rd vote for Sophie or a single vote for someone else? 

I’m more or less, dead inside. I like them. This one, with their kids, was the best  one ever.  However, Their over the top reactions, are what makes the loved ones visit, both awful, and awesome. 

Smart play by Jeremy.  Agreed with the above. Once Jeff says, time to vote, that should be it. And to me, the obvious votes were Tyson and kim. 🤷‍♂️
Actually, I don’t think that was the smartest move by Jeremy. Yes, it got him one more tribal but he’s an easy vote for anyone still in his alliance and Tyson was the guy they showed him talking to most. If Sarah comes over to Denise, Kim and Michelle they’ll all throw Jeremy under the bus now.

His smart play would have been to stay and have Kim use the idol on himself. Protected even if they mess up who got voted for by the other 5 and he still has his walk away.

Also, I think he should have waited as long as possible. If they were working as a team then Sarah plays her thing first and he gets the idol and maybe plays his walk away for Denise and the steal a vote is meaningless as well. I don’t think that was necessary if Kim plays the idol on him. I guess I can blame them for not sorting that out early (tell Jeremy plan is to play HII in him so he doesn’t lose them a group vote.

Again, still don’t get the 4-2 split. If Kim chooses Tyson, Sophie’s gone with an idol and Sarah’s steal a vote is gone and that 5 is now the minority.

Users who are viewing this thread