What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chris Carson, SEA - 10.7.21 - Neck Issue (2 Viewers)

This is why I don't play PPR.
I'll never understand why some people say this. It's just a game, and it's not difficult to adjust strategy based on different scoring. If your league awarded 1 point per dropped pass then bump Brandon Marshall up a few rounds in the draft. 

The inconvenient truth for Carson owners is that Carroll is a notorious hot hand guy. It's how Carson got his chance in the first place -- lacy started slowly week 1 then was forgotten, then Rawls the same in week 2.

For as much as some folks would like to think of this guy as the next Corey Dillon (lol tap the brakes there fella), the truth is that there isn't much of a talent gap between  the three backs (as the agility score convo illustrates).

Bottom line, if Carson doesn't produce right out of the gate, then his night could be a short one tomorrow.

The inconvenient truth for Carson owners is that Carroll is a notorious hot hand guy. It's how Carson got his chance in the first place -- lacy started slowly week 1 then was forgotten, then Rawls the same in week 2.

For as much as some folks would like to think of this guy as the next Corey Dillon (lol tap the brakes there fella), the truth is that there isn't much of a talent gap between  the three backs (as the agility score convo illustrates).

Bottom line, if Carson doesn't produce right out of the gate, then his night could be a short one tomorrow.
Did Carson "produce right out of the gate" in week 3?

I think your bolded statement is not entire accurate. Peak healthy talent for all 4 possible starters is similar, perhaps with Prosise having the most, but neither Lacy or Rawls has looked like an NFL starter for at least 1.5 years, maybe even more for Lacy.

Carroll makes his players earn playing time. Carson, a rookie 7th rounder, was the starter in the first game of the year (which tells you something about how Carroll feels about him), but evenly split touches with Lacy and Rawls. That was all it took: in week 2, Lazy was a healthy scratch and Carson earned 20 carries. Every glimpse we've had of Rawls and Lacy in the preseason and regular season is evidence that they are incapable of being serious threats to Carson's touches in anything but garbage time. Game scripts may result in more snaps for Prosise or McKissic if the team is playing from behind, but even after trailing by 2+ scores for essentially the entire 2nd half against Tennessee, Carson still had a 56% share of the offensive snaps, compared to 37% for Prosise, and 1% for Rawls (where he blew his pass protection assignment).

I think it's clear that Carroll thought Carson earned the game 1 start based on preseason performance. I think it's clear that Carson has proven worthy of that position over Lacy and Rawls. I think it's clear that there is a quite significant performance gap between Carson and Lacy or Rawls.

Well... yes but this depends on Lacy or Rawls doing something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I wasn't trying to rain on any parades (I own him in both of my leagues).  I was legitimately wondering.  Thanks for the Foster comp.
Foster, Priest Holmes, CJ Anderson, Blount, Willie Parker, Woodhead went undrafted- it happens.

It would really help if the offensive could sustain a drive. Hard to do much when u get 1-2 carries and then you have to punt. 

Still not sure why so many are down on him, I mean maybe it's guys that are mad they couldn't pick him up. Yes he's a 7th rounder but if you had the thought to add him before week 2 then you got a starting RB that will probably get close to 20 touches for basically free

It would really help if the offensive could sustain a drive. Hard to do much when u get 1-2 carries and then you have to punt. 

Still not sure why so many are down on him, I mean maybe it's guys that are mad they couldn't pick him up. Yes he's a 7th rounder but if you had the thought to add him before week 2 then you got a starting RB that will probably get close to 20 touches for basically free
I don't think people are down on him as much as 10 carries a game behind a ####ty oline ain't gonna cut it

I don't think people are down on him as much as 10 carries a game behind a ####ty oline ain't gonna cut it
Week 1- 6 rushes and a catch (wasn't the starter yet tho, lacy was supposed to be better then him)

week 2- 20 rushes and catch (Rawls was the starter and was supposed to be better, also the only close game so far)

week 3- 11 rushes and 2 catches (his first start, team was down right away so they didn't use him much, did score a TD tho)

week 4- so far 4 rushes and 2 catches (Seattle has had the ball half as much as Indy tho, I imagine he ends up with another 12-15 rushes and a couple catches tho)

so as long as gets abt 20 touches tonight I'd say it's more abt what's happening in the game whether he gets touches and with seattles defense you would think they will be in most games.

A couple things I noticed was Carson was running too high through traffic. He really needs to get lower. The other that he shouldn't stop. Once he lets his feet stop moving, he's dead in the water. These two things are a bad combo but correctable. 
Exactly what I was thinking.He runs like Rod Bernstine back in the day...like really high. Bernstine was a converted TE , IIRC. I dont think Carson will last long if he doesnt correct this flaw of his..

Users who are viewing this thread