What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chris Carson, SEA - 10.7.21 - Neck Issue (2 Viewers)

I accidentally picked up Carson Saturday before the game.  Yes, I clicked on the wrong guy as I had been consuming adult beverages.   :P

Having said that, my dilemma is this.  I now have Carson.  And Rawls.  And this weeks FA pool includes Derrick Henry (who I waived) and JJ Nelson (who I want) and I don't know.  I loved Rawls that stretch he had as I owned him then and maybe I'm still living in the past.  Question is - dump him and add Henry or JJ?  Tough call.''

I accidentally picked up Carson Saturday before the game.  Yes, I clicked on the wrong guy as I had been consuming adult beverages.   :P

Having said that, my dilemma is this.  I now have Carson.  And Rawls.  And this weeks FA pool includes Derrick Henry (who I waived) and JJ Nelson (who I want) and I don't know.  I loved Rawls that stretch he had as I owned him then and maybe I'm still living in the past.  Question is - dump him and add Henry or JJ?  Tough call.''
neat

My RB2 spot is between him and cohen. Think I'm leaning Carson this week since I like his matchup a little bit better

Bought him in 2 of my dynasty leagues last week and already had 2 offers that are higher than what I paid. Not much higher though. I am starting him as my rb2 in one league and flex in another. I am officially on the wagon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bought him last night for $33 out of my $100 bidding bucks for the year.  These are blind bids.  Another guy bid $32.  snicker.....

Picked him up in 3 leagues last week and picked him instead of Cohen and Kerwynn. Feeling pretty good about myself so far.  :P

Excited to have this guy on my dynasty roster.  I was hoping he'd show something this year, so this quick showing is a nice surprise. 

I've got him in all three of my dynasty leagues.  Is the shark move to go trade for Rawls for peanuts to have along with him?  I think Carson may have earned a monster bulk of the time share, and I don't like handcuffing, but if I can own both guys for dirt cheap on 22 -24 man rosters then i'm a little more interested in doing it.
Sure but I'd think twice on <18 man rosters.

What is current value?  I want to move him as my RB depth is solid (Ajayi, Hunt, Montgomery, Buck, Martin, Carson)

What about Carson, Mariota and T. Williams for Rodgers?  Redraft

What is current value?  I want to move him as my RB depth is solid (Ajayi, Hunt, Montgomery, Buck, Martin, Carson)

What about Carson, Mariota and T. Williams for Rodgers?  Redraft
I'm thinking his value should increase so he is a hold right now.

Agree.  If he goes off this weekend his value soars IMO.  I'm also nervous about Montgomery.  I just see him breaking down based on how hard he runs and workload.  Might try to move him instead.

Just got this guy in both my serious leagues.  I was encouraged by watching the tape but my lingering worry is that horrendous Seattle O-line.

Do you guys think it improves? They don't see to care much about protecting their QB and RBs in Seattle so I'm not holding my breath. 

Just got this guy in both my serious leagues.  I was encouraged by watching the tape but my lingering worry is that horrendous Seattle O-line.

Do you guys think it improves? They don't see to care much about protecting their QB and RBs in Seattle so I'm not holding my breath. 
The offensive line was atrocious in weak  1. The offensive line was below average in week 2, with some horrible play from Right Guard, but improved play from the rest of the offensive line. In no way am I arguing at the offensive line looks good, but the expectation should be that this iteration of the offensive line should improve as injured players get healthier, as new starters get more experienced at their new positions, and as they build continuity as a unit. The range of what the offensive line could be at mid-season to the end of the season is pretty wide comma from well below average to slightly above average, with tendencies towards better run blocking them pass blocking based on history and physical characteristics of the players.

I am all in on Chris Carson and would like to acquire Rawls as handcuff.

Love the guy, but traded him and watkins for howard and golden tate....trying to rid myself of seahawks and rams....although now I have a bears player..hmmm

I feel SO much better about him if Pete would say he is the undespituted starting RB.
Think of it this way: Did Arians say "David Johnson is the undisputed RB for us" before DJ started doing his thing?  Did hoodie say "Tom Brady is our undisputed QB" when they got beat down by KC?

You don't always have to say it. Sometimes you just got to know when it is here.

Fair warning: I'm probably going to have to start this guy in both my leagues this week due to various injuries. This pretty much guarantees that he'll have some sort of catastrophic injury in the middle of the 2nd quarter, something like the ghost of **** Night Train Lane drops a derelict oil rig on his kidneys. The gooch is on.

Fair warning: I'm probably going to have to start this guy in both my leagues this week due to various injuries. This pretty much guarantees that he'll have some sort of catastrophic injury in the middle of the 2nd quarter, something like the ghost of **** Night Train Lane drops a derelict oil rig on his kidneys. The gooch is on.
You *******. You will pick up someone else to start.

From Did the Seahawks bench Thomas Rawls in the second half against the 49ers? And should Chris Carson win the job?:

So maybe in this case there’s less than meets the eye regarding a potential running back controversy brewing in Seattle. The staff sure seemed intent on Rawls being the man heading into the 49er matchup. Once the coaches get comfortable with Rawls’s stamina and the sturdiness of his ankle he may well reclaim his spot as lead tailback in crunch time as well as in the tough early sledding. If Carroll wasn’t so careful with Rawls Sunday perhaps it’s the resurgence of Rawls, not Carson’s emergence, everyone is so excited about this week.
I'm sure most people here will dismiss this, but the article makes a number of valid points in support of the conclusion quoted above.

Of course Rawls was benched. If he looked great and Carson didn't then Rawls would've gotten all the late carries and you wouldn't have heard anything in the post game about the team wanting to bring him along slowly.

From Did the Seahawks bench Thomas Rawls in the second half against the 49ers? And should Chris Carson win the job?:

I'm sure most people here will dismiss this, but the article makes a number of valid points in support of the conclusion quoted above.
I figure the Seahawks will give Rawls a few more opportunities. Eventually he'll need to look like the best back on the team if he's to be the lead back. So far Carson has looked like the best back on the team. Carson also looks like he'd be an upgrade over starters for several other teams in the NFL as well. I don't see Carroll putting Carson in a corner for Rawls even if Rawls can get back to being the lead. Every time out, Carson earns more touches.

I figure the Seahawks will give Rawls a few more opportunities. Eventually he'll need to look like the best back on the team if he's to be the lead back. So far Carson has looked like the best back on the team. Carson also looks like he'd be an upgrade over starters for several other teams in the NFL as well. I don't see Carroll putting Carson in a corner for Rawls even if Rawls can get back to being the lead. Every time out, Carson earns more touches.
It's Carol, he's dumb enough to thrown on 1st down with Beast Mode on the 1 yard line, he's dumb enough to pull Reggie Bush on 4th down with a chance to seal the national championship....I wouldn't put anything past him....Lacy will probably start this week.

I don't think we've seen the last of Rawls but I think Carson beats him out in the long-run if only because he's more well-rounded and almost certainly more durable. 

Ya know..watching gurley and the rams tear the crap out of the niners defense....I'm not so sure about the SEA offense.
Not to be that guy. But the 49ers did bottle up Gurley pretty well outside of 2 long runs (including his last carry of the game) that went for almost 50 yards combined.

Not to be that guy. But the 49ers did bottle up Gurley pretty well outside of 2 long runs (including his last carry of the game) that went for almost 50 yards combined.
So other than the runs where they didn't stop Gurley, they stopped Gurley...every play counts.

gurley 28 113 2td 5 36 1td... 49ers gave up 41  points and over 400 yards TO THE RAMS and the week before the Seahawks could barely stiff a first down.   Time to start shoveling dirt on the Seahawks....trade em now while you can

Maybe trade the rams players too...their value will never be higher, and their schedule gets much tougher.

No, they didn't. Rams got the ball with a short field quite a few times and punched it in. After that, Gurley got his yardage between the 20s. And in the second half, they nearly never got the ball back because of poor QB and ST play near the end. 

Ya know..watching gurley and the rams tear the crap out of the niners defense....I'm not so sure about the SEA offense.
It just feels like they don't understand how rare a back like Lynch is in today's NFL...good luck finding another back who can play like him for a sustained period of time...also, if you want to have a smash-mouth component to your offense you need to invest more in your O-line...that area just feels like a total disconnect...

So other than the runs where they didn't stop Gurley, they stopped Gurley...every play counts.

gurley 28 113 2td 5 36 1td... 49ers gave up 41  points and over 400 yards TO THE RAMS and the week before the Seahawks could barely stiff a first down.   Time to start shoveling dirt on the Seahawks....trade em now while you can

Maybe trade the rams players too...their value will never be higher, and their schedule gets much tougher.
If Wilson doesn't get hurt, there is still hope for a pulse on the Seattle offense. 

Niners had 79 defensive plays against Seattle, which is quite a lot. Seattle rushed 37 times, use the predominantly short passing game forcing defensive lineman to run sideline to sideline, and had the ball for 37 minutes TOP in a very physical game. The niners likely arrived home to bed after 11 pm Sunday. It is likely they were pretty tired and beat up. I think it's fair to say that the Rams offense is a little bit surprising for everyone in a good way and the Seahawks offense is a little bit surprising for everyone in a bad way, but likely the disparity between the Seahawks and Rams offenses is less than suggested by these two games

As bad as the O Line has been, I'd really like to see Wilson spin AWAY from defenders for a change.  His ability to get away from defenders and to sense where they're coming from has been one of his biggest strengths.  Right now it's a huge weakness.  

xrayveggin said:
Niners had 79 defensive plays against Seattle, which is quite a lot. Seattle rushed 37 times, use the predominantly short passing game forcing defensive lineman to run sideline to sideline, and had the ball for 37 minutes TOP in a very physical game. The niners likely arrived home to bed after 11 pm Sunday. It is likely they were pretty tired and beat up. I think it's fair to say that the Rams offense is a little bit surprising for everyone in a good way and the Seahawks offense is a little bit surprising for everyone in a bad way, but likely the disparity between the Seahawks and Rams offenses is less than suggested by these two games
Indeed a well thought out post.  That being said, the difference at face value is the size of Texas, so yeah...maybe it's just Kentucky..but's still a loooong way.  And you are assuming that the offenses are 100% rested on the short week, but the defenses are not?

I don't think Carson is a great start this week, even though I do think he's looking at 15+ carries.  Fournette couldn't get anything going against Tennessee last week.  Lynch had a nice game week 1, but the Raiders' line is several tiers above what Seattle's putting out there.

I think we're probably looking at a 16/60 type line, with some annoyances in play if Rawls stays involved.  Next week at home versus the Colts looks much better to me.

xrayveggin said:
It's a great thought, except that it's nearly always the opposite.  How many fugly Thursday trainwrecks have we had to endure because there's no time to install an offensive gameplan?  Many of us have a pretty steadfast "don't play Thursday RB's rule because of how predictable it is.  Hyde was on a couple of my benches because I expected another.  It's very rare for the offense to be considered at an advantage due to the short week.

Users who are viewing this thread