What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (8 Viewers)

The NFL Messed it up with the initial suspension at the time. 

What we know so far :

Girl was underage 19 at a Party Hunt and company found out and kicked her out

Speculative reports early in the day said she had refused sleep with one of the guys in Hunts group

The video footage has a calmer Hunt and then suddenly very aggressive. Multiple reports said she was using racial slurs at him including the N word

After that it seems is when things got out of the control

Police at the time dropped ALL CHARGES do to conflicting reports from the Girl, Hunt, and Key witenesses. 

Another report says Hunt informed team and league of this and another situation during the offseason

Another report says Big Red AKA Andy Reid and Hunt had a meeting in June but Reid would not mention anything other then they had a chat and that was end of it

July Training Camp Hunt says issues in the offseason and he messed up but he's come out of it better man after realizing his mistakes

Then today the video emerges. Conflicting reports saying NFL and KC was aware of a video, to NFL didn't try to get it, too multiple people including the police could not properly obtain the video. 

Hunt was sent home from practice after the Video emerged and KC is working on a statement released tonight or tomorrow. 

Hunt put on Commissioner list with pay till further review
19 is legal, per multiple reports

So back to the fantasy purposes of this. Who should people target to replace Hunt if they didn't grab or have Ware already? Trade deadline has past so you can't go the trade route. Waiver wire pick up, hope you got replacement guys? I'm a Ware owner in one league but I was so stacked at RB to begin with I didn't even need a handcuff. However I did get Ware off the waiver wire anyway since I do have one of my RBs as Micheal. However I have Lindsey, Chubb, Duke Johnson, Plus Micheal already

She seems like another entitlement teen who didn't get what she wanted so she threw a hissy fit. Wouldn't be surprised if she was threatening legal action if something wasn't done to Hunt after charges were dropped and she gave TMZ the video to leak. 

All in all incident should've been handled and dealt with by the Cops, NFL and Team back after it happened and not festered. Yeah he's an idiot for hitting her
I agree with this. 

I agree with this. 
Exactly and the only reason people are disagreeing with me here is I said I don't have empathy for the women if she used the language she did and got hit. Maybe part of that is from my Autism (And no it's not an excuse for me but I don't fell empathy for certain things that aren't personally effecting me) as well as the fact I just hate people for using such language. I can't stand my friends jokingly using it. I also don't have empathy for people who are idiots in general. 

Exactly and the only reason people are disagreeing with me here is I said I don't have empathy for the women if she used the language she did and got hit. Maybe part of that is from my Autism (And no it's not an excuse for me but I don't fell empathy for certain things that aren't personally effecting me) as well as the fact I just hate people for using such language. I can't stand my friends jokingly using it. I also don't have empathy for people who are idiots in general. 
if empathy isnt your thing, lets go to law- words dont justify violence. Ever. Stick with that, youll be fine.

if empathy isnt your thing, lets go to law- words dont justify violence. Ever. Stick with that, youll be fine.
Law sure but can they really be trusted all the time? Again I'm not not justifying the fact he's an idiot here or saying he's right. I'm saying I'm not empathetic and if someone did that to me I'd probably hit them in that moment too no matter who they were in the heat of it. 

I don't think he plays in the NFL again.
Doubt it This isn't Ray Rice we are talking about. Rice was gone from the league because he was older and past his prime when it happened. It was an easy decision for Baltimore to cut him after the video came out. Hunt is still very young not entered prime of his career. Now if he keeps up this path of hitting people illegally then yeah you are gonna be right. But lets not jump the shark here just yet. 

I didn't see this coming.  I'll replace him with a Sony Michel (bye week this week), but that hurts for sure.  One thing is we play two conferences so one of the best teams in the other conference also has Hunt.  I feel if it comes down to both of us I have the better replacement.

Sure they do provoke others. All I'm saying is I don't feel bad for him hitting her for using that language. Kicking her when down yeah that was awful. However before that what did she expect when she called him the N word? I'm gonna laugh at her if she tries to play it off she's the only victim here after using that kind of language. The story with my co worker he tried to play it off to our boss (Do to missing work) how he was the victim. The boss later found out why he was really beat up. He wasn't fired but he was warned any incident like that happened again he was getting let go no matter if it was at work or outside of it. No one looked at him the same after trying to play the victim. She seems like another entitlement teen who didn't get what she wanted so she threw a hissy fit. Wouldn't be surprised if she was threatening legal action if something wasn't done to Hunt after charges were dropped and she gave TMZ the video to leak. 

All in all incident should've been handled and dealt with by the Cops, NFL and Team back after it happened and not festered. Yeah he's an idiot for hitting her and I've been in agreement with that from the start especially considering his status. However if she was using that language and being an entitled brat I really don't feel sorry if someone hit her. If I was at the bar with my friends and one of my buddies got into an argument wth some black guy and started spewing that language and the black guy kicked his ### for it. Well you won't see me jumping in to protect them. I'll be the one holding people back saying let him be accountable for his actions. if it means he's getting a broken face let it happen. Just stop it after you clearly see he's now defenseless and pull the guy off if he's still wailing on him. 

Youre a scumbag. No defending this stament. Youre done.  

Have the Redskins contacted his college teammates yet?
I'm sure the Eagles "checked in" they were the only team to contact Tampa Police for a police report. When Howie Roseman comeback he said there is no harm on check in on any player who becomes available no matter how it happened. Doesn't mean they'd take them just means they'll do their homework. It's what smart teams do

I respect the hell out of any 9-2 team that would pull the trigger on this instead of hiding behind  “all the facts aren’t out there yet”.  :thumbup:
For releasing a guy where all the facts aren't out but they drafted and kept a player who punched and choked his pregnant girlfriend after she found out he was getting action else where? This was to save face if they knew more then what is out there already  :rolleyes:

LOL at respecting a team for releasing the guy to save face while happily employing the guy that did 100x worse because he is not the focus of public ire at the moment. 
Fairly sure they released him because he lied to them while being employed by them. Did Hill lie to them? Did that incident happen when he was with the Chiefs.

I strongly suspect that the what he originally told the Chiefs/NFL was a vastly different story than what was shown on the video.
That's the only reason I see him being cut. Vince McMahon released a wrestler last year after a sexual assault allegations. Well he never assaulted the girl who was bat#### crazy and she had a vlog on youtube using similar statements on other incidents. That video plus a friend showed text of her being a drug addict and admitting she lied about it. The guy wasn't released because of the accusations but he never told Vince or the company about the incident and WWE found out through rumor sheets and police report. There was already other issues going on with the guy from what I read so Vince was just looking for that last reason to let the dude go. Point is I don't see any other reason other then to save face why he'd be released

LOL at respecting a team for releasing the guy to save face while happily employing the guy that did 100x worse because he is not the focus of public ire at the moment. 
This is a completely fair statement.  

ETA: Hill is a scumbag, never owned a share of him and never will.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJackson10 said:
You don't think racist deserve a beating? I'm not saying she is or isn't right now. But if the Hunt's side of the story checks out she's just another entitled loser. No Hunt shouldn't have hit her with his status and all but honestly if you are gonna play stupid games you win stupid prizes and I'm not gonna feel sorry for the girl for being an entitled racist brat in that case. 
What do you do for work, scumbag? lets find out.

So white women get to call black men the n-word without repercussion now? Guess we really are moving backwards in this country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread