Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

Dynasty Kareem Hunt Cleveland Browns

13 hours ago, matuski said:

Pffffft.

Pfffft.........….I already have great RB's so I don't need him....

4 hours ago, Gally said:

Pfffft.........….I already have great RB's so I don't need him....

Were you referring to fantasy football players as GM's?

20 minutes ago, matuski said:

Some people do. That makes things nice and confusing. People got weirded out by saying they "own" a guy. I don't blame them for that.

1 hour ago, matuski said:

My original comment was based on being a GM of an NFL franchise......I thought that was what you were Pfftting.   So i upped the joke about already being set at the NFL GM aspect of having quality RB's.   I guess the joke missed...haha

46 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Some people do. That makes things nice and confusing. People got weirded out by saying they "own" a guy. I don't blame them for that.

I blame them.  It's about context and when discussing FF if you say you "own" a guy it is obviously meant in the FF sense so why get weirded out?  That just seems like you are taking things way to seriously.  It's a fake game and just easier to use phrases like "I own Lamar Jackson" for discussion purposes.  The context is there so why make it out to be something it's not?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gally said:

I blame them.  It's about context and when discussing FF if you say you "own" a guy it is obviously meant in the FF sense so why get weirded out?  That just seems like you are taking things way to seriously.  It's a fake game and just easier to use phrases like "I own Lamar Jackson" for discussion purposes.  The context is there so why make it out to be something it's not?

Yeah, I'm generally not politically correct, but it seems weird to say you "own" somebody. I just say I manage a team and roster a guy. Not GM. Leaves nobody confused.

• Like 1

I’ve never heard anyone say “I roster ________” when talking about their fantasy teams. I agree with Gally on this one - there is nothing to see here.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, Gally said:

Yeah. Joe Bryant had a thread not long ago encouraging people to call themselves fantasy GMs. Not fantasy owners. 

PC at its best. Cant even have a pretend NFL team without needing to be PC these days. :rolleyes:

I make an effort to say "own" and "owner" any chance I get. 

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

This is pretty silly when discussing the context among fantasy people. I  admit in real life it seems odd when a player, especially one of AA descent, uses the term "my owner" which is why NBA sought to eliminate the use of the word owner but  this is off the charts ridiculous as it pertains to conversation among fantasy players.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, Gally said:

I don't pay attention to people that try and skew its meaning to something that's not PC.  That is totally ridiculous.   Some people have way too much time on their hands to worry about crap like that.

43 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I don't pay attention to people that try and skew its meaning to something that's not PC.  That is totally ridiculous.   Some people have way too much time on their hands to worry about crap like that.

I don't think it is so much time as rather a lack of truly meaningfull things in life to worry about. So they create issues out of a need to fill that void.

• Like 1

Series of Hunt related tweets today

@ByNateUlrich

#Browns GM Andrew Berry said he & Kevin Stefanski have talked and met with Kareem Hunt and Odell Beckham Jr. We want guys who are going to be accountable on and off the field, and Kareem understands that. OBJ, we're happy to have him here, everybody needs to fit into our cultur

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said Kareem Hunt knows he needs to do better and what happened with recent traffic stop was not good

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said team wants Kareem Hunt back if he can meet expectations it has laid out for him

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

Series of Hunt related tweets today

@ByNateUlrich

#Browns GM Andrew Berry said he & Kevin Stefanski have talked and met with Kareem Hunt and Odell Beckham Jr. We want guys who are going to be accountable on and off the field, and Kareem understands that. OBJ, we're happy to have him here, everybody needs to fit into our cultur

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said Kareem Hunt knows he needs to do better and what happened with recent traffic stop was not good

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said team wants Kareem Hunt back if he can meet expectations it has laid out for him

Not a ringing endorsement for OBJ...

"Hunt, he knows he screwed up and is apologetic and wants to be here. OBJ... yeah... that guy... well, we are happy to have him if he can meet our standards..."

• Laughing 1

59 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Not a ringing endorsement for OBJ...

"Hunt, he knows he screwed up and is apologetic and wants to be here. OBJ... yeah... that guy... well, we are happy to have him if he can meet our standards..."

You're inferring that from information we haven't been given above, unless you have access to some other quotes.

My reading of it is that the owner is PISSED and -this close- to cutting him outright, if Hunt doesn't completely toe the line going forward.

Alternately, I see the front office guys saying that OBJ is fine going forward, they're happy to have him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tangfoot said:

You're inferring that from information we haven't been given above, unless you have access to some other quotes.

My reading of it is that the owner is PISSED and -this close- to cutting him outright, if Hunt doesn't completely toe the line going forward.

Alternately, I see the front office guys saying that OBJ is fine going forward, they're happy to have him.

I see it opposite. this is why:

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said team wants Kareem Hunt back if he can meet expectations it has laid out for him

So yeah, if he doesnt toe the line hes out. But he did say that Hunt understands the stop was no good. Never does it say OBJ admits that his behavior was wrong or not good 

6 hours ago, tangfoot said:

I tend to view it similar to how you do as it relates to OBJ.

Not that I view it differently then you as it pertains to Hunt but they can't cut him since he's not under contract. So the words coming out of Browns FO today, in case anyone thought otherwise, is they are prepared to tender and/or try and resign Hunt. Some speculated they might be done with him and that's obviously not the case right now.

• Like 1

I'm reading also that OBJ is more cemented in Cleveland's plans and that Hunt better not mess up one more time. 

My understanding, from CLE, is that they want both guys back.  They have OBJ under contract and both he & the club are moving forward together.  Hunt is a little less certain because of his contract status, but they want him back, though they could have done without the recent incident / annoyance.  

My personal $.02 on Hunt is that he is a top-10 RB.  I also see the speeding (75 mph) and minor buzz (weed) as things Joe Average has probably experienced.  75 is a bit too much in that area (70 is where I'd draw the line),  but  young people  frequently lack the better judgment that life eventually provides.  Regarding his acknowledged "probable failure" of a hypothetical drug test, I took that to mean weed, and I just don't care if he wants to get high in the off-season.  He wasn't sloppy drunk and dangerous to other drivers or he would have been hauled off to the drunk tank.  Bottom line: stay closer to the speed limit.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports restricted free agent Kareem Hunt expects to remain with the Browns.

Per Fowler, Hunt is hoping for a first-round tender, which is expected to be worth roughly $4.66 million, or a long-term deal. Hunt apparently isn't worried about his recent admission that he would likely fail a drug test. With Nick Chubb established on early downs, $4.66 million would be on the steep side for a third-down back in Hunt, albeit one capable of playing all three downs. Hunt's best bet for maximum earnings is probably still the open market. Leaving Cleveland is without question in the best interest of his fantasy value.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Feb 18, 2020, 3:09 PM ET

"Leaving Cleveland is without question in the best interest of his fantasy value."

I'm sure Hunt is very concerned with his fantasy value.

6 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

"Leaving Cleveland is without question in the best interest of his fantasy value."

Putting up big stats will help him get a big contract next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

The prior sentence may address your/his concerns: “Hunt's best bet for maximum earnings is probably still the open market.”

10 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Putting up big stats will help him get a big contract next year.

Hunt is never going to get a big contract because of his past would be my guess.  

23 hours ago, killface said:

Hunt is never going to get a big contract because of his past would be my guess.  

I can see him being paid very well, but with clauses in his contract that enables them to get out of the deal should he screw up off the field.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

And there goes his chance at rb1 status

Still a long ways to go.  No word on what level the tender is.  If it's original round (3rd) I don't think it's as large an obstacle and that was probably a best case scenario all along (no one was expecting them to not tender him at all).  If it's a 2nd then it's tougher but still possible especially for a team that sees themselves as win-now and has some cap space (Texans, maybe Titans if they let Henry walk).  If it's a 1st round tender then he is definitely in Cleveland next year.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

Still a long ways to go.  No word on what level the tender is.  If it's original round (3rd) I don't think it's as large and obstacle.  If it's 2nd then it's tougher but still possible especially for a team that sees themselves as win-now and has some cap space (Texans, maybe Titans if they let Henry walk).  If it's a 1st round tender then he is definitely in Cleveland next year.

Do Texans even have any picks?

I really want him to go to sf.  Would love to see what he would bring to that offense.  I don't think they've got cap space though.

2 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

Do Texans even have any picks?

I really want him to go to sf.  Would love to see what he would bring to that offense.  I don't think they've got cap space though.

In addition to the cap space, 49ers don't have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick.

2 hours ago, mcd said:

Or any need to bring in an outside RB

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, mcd said:

So you’re saying there’s a chance. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

20 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Or any need to bring in an outside RB

But imagine what they could do with one with real talent

1 hour ago, wgoldsph said:

But imagine what they could do with one with real talent

I'd add to that people keep saying they don't need or want to invest in one but they made McKinnon one of the higher paid RB's when they signed him. Then when Breida had a really solid year year in 2018 they followed that up by signing Tevin Coleman and this was only after a very credible reports, one of whom was Bell himself, that they had the second best offer on the table for him.

So yes Mostert had a nice run but when Breida has a similar nice run in 2018 that did not stop them from signing Tevin and almost signing Bell instead and at that time they probably even had optimism McKinnon was returning.

So not sure I agree with this narrative everyone is putting out that SF is not willing to invest in a RB.

But this is a Hunt thread and while I know Kyle stuck his head out for Joe Williams he apparently is not big on character risks so that's the second reason I don't see him having a shot to be in SF next year, with the RFA tender being the biggest.

• Like 1

Browns RB Kareem Hunt won't be charged with marijuana possession stemming from a January incident.

Hunt was let go with a speeding ticket after being pulled over in January and admitted he would "fail an NFL drug test if one were administered to him at the time." He won't face further punishment from the arrest legally, although it's always a bit of a guessing game when predicting how commissioner Roger Goodell and company will respond. Hunt is tentatively expected to be with the Browns again in 2020, likely working as a heavily-involved backup to stud RB Nick Chubb.

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

Mar 2, 2020, 6:00 PM ET

Rotoworld take:

Browns placed a second-round tender on restricted free agent RB Kareem Hunt.

The second-round tender lands Hunt $2.914 million this upcoming year and ensures the Browns another Day 2 selection if the organization fails to match any potential offers. The 24-year-old sapped Nick Chubb's across-the-board usage upon joining the Browns post-suspension in Week 10, finishing as the overall RB17 over the last eight games behind a fruitful 5.5 targets per outing. The two are fully expected to continue working in a timeshare yet again this upcoming year.

SOURCE: Cleveland Browns on Twitter

Mar 16, 2020, 10:59 AM ET

6 hours ago, Tool said:

Team could still trade for him though right?

They can sign him and give up a 2nd... which is basically a trade...

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

They can sign him and give up a 2nd... which is basically a trade...

But couldn't they just offer say a 3rd rounder for him, or no?

7 minutes ago, Tool said:

Once he signs the tender the Browns could trade him for whatever they want.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tool said:

I guess but if they were willing to take a 3rd for him why wouldn't they just put a 3rd round tender on him, which would potentially save them money to boot.

15 minutes ago, Tool said:

4 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I guess but if they were willing to take a 3rd for him why wouldn't they just put a 3rd round tender on him, which would potentially save them money to boot.

this. Sure, they could trade him for whatever they want, but if they wanted to move him they would have given him a lower tender. 

A 2nd is perfect... he is still pretty cheap but just enough to get teams thinking about it, especially if they have a pick 15th or later round 2

6 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

When a RFA is tendered and if that player signs with another team is the pick due this year or next year?

14 minutes ago, menobrown said:

When a RFA is tendered and if that player signs with another team is the pick due this year or next year?

pretty sure this year...

I'm hoping for TB

• Like 1

I love this player and I hope he gets a shot to carry/catch the load again.

• Like 1