Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slapdash

***Official PSF Moderation Thread***

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

This guy's back already?

You gotta be kidding me.

Yes.

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

This guy's back already?

You gotta be kidding me.

:lmao:. The irony is killing me

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Sho,

I am a fair guy. I bloviate, castigate, make weird titles, say "commie" a lot, do weird ####, but having to verify every niggling point in every niggling conversation is too much. In all walks of life, there are instances where it is up to the listener to verify. You guys have a weird "gotcha" way of going about this stuff, and you're often incorrect in your assertions and biases, too. Yes, it was a ####-ton of work to get four separate and overwhelming articles that all said the same thing and had stats. That's the point: it's a message board and the amount of work was not commensurate with any claim nor reward.

That's just how I'm going to approach it (and have been) in the future.

I don't think its every point though rock.  But major things when questioned...should be answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I don't think its every point though rock.  But major things when questioned...should be answered.

Yeah, fair enough, like I said. But I don't see that in practice. Perhaps a good way to go about it is to say, "well assume Point A is correct;" does the argument flow therefrom?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TobiasFunke said:

This guy's back already?

You gotta be kidding me.

Yours was just a make-up call.

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Yours was just a make-up call.

It’s was a tough 6 hour stretch. I took the punishment like a champ

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, The General said:

What goes on in here?

Think of this thread as he after show . Sit down, put your feet up & relax. Have a drink, whatever your pleasure, whisp, beer , a fine wine or if you’re like our great President, a Diet Coke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rockaction said:

Sho,

I am a fair guy. I bloviate, castigate, make weird titles, say "commie" a lot, do weird ####, but having to verify every niggling point in every niggling conversation is too much. In all walks of life, there are instances where it is up to the listener to verify. You guys have a weird "gotcha" way of going about this stuff, and you're often incorrect in your assertions and biases, too. Yes, it was a ####-ton of work to get four separate and overwhelming articles that all said the same thing and had stats. That's the point: it's a message board and the amount of work was not commensurate with any claim nor reward.

That's just how I'm going to approach it (and have been) in the future.

Rock's good people. Some of you need to lighten up a little.

Unless he said something that I missed that I would find offensive in which case I reserve the right to use really big words and long run on sentences, like this one, to castigate him and extend and revise my remarks above, herein.

I don't find much offensive though. Barbara Streisand, Red Sox fans, scooters at Disney, Ketchup on steak, this idiot we have in the same office as Abraham Lincoln. Oh, and people with no sense of humor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yankee23Fan said:

k, this idiot we have in the same office as Abraham Lincoln

:penalty:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Who needs special treatment?  Who is calling for people to be banned for liking posts?

Who is calling for people to be banned for asking questions?

Who is complaining because people are being negative in a Trump thread?

Who is calling for thread creators to be able to basically ban people from their threads?

 

Don’t worry, your behavior is safe here. Wouldn’t recommend in the real world. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Pointing out vs whining about fair are two different things.  I would argue the majority here falls into the latter.  Also the election is just a symptom of the problem not the root cause.  Whiny adults have been a thing for a while, our POTUS is a perfect example.  No one whines about unfair more then him.    

Fake news, count up the threads in here.....all but one are whining about something with the root cause being the election that didn’t go their way. No one in here is solving any world problems in a football chat room with a fake name, just complaining and attacking others with opposing views. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Don’t worry, your behavior is safe here. Wouldn’t recommend in the real world. 

And yet another post about me rather about what was posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Fake news, count up the threads in here.....all but one are whining about something with the root cause being the election that didn’t go their way. No one in here is solving any world problems in a football chat room with a fake name, just complaining and attacking others with opposing views

Seriously enough parroting of the Trump quotes with the “fake news” call outs, in case you didn’t notice I’m not a news organization.  I’m merely stating my opinion, that’s not fake news.  

While I don’t agree at all with the first part of your statement I’m not going to waste any time going back and forth with you on it.  It’s fruitless.  But the second part (bolded) I certainly agree with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And yet another post about me rather about what was posted.

Stop

He posted about the forum and you responded with 5 questions that started with "Who?"  You made it personal not him. 

Without naming names you were smart enough to figure out that you are a big part of the problems everyone is talking about. Take some responsibility and be smart enough to do something about it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Stop

He posted about the forum and you responded with 5 questions that started with "Who?"  You made it personal not him. 

Without naming names you were smart enough to figure out that you are a big part of the problems everyone is talking about. Take some responsibility and be smart enough to do something about it. 

Take your own advice for once man...and realize back and forth nitpicking everything I say seem to be a big part of the problems most are talking about.

My post with the “who” was spot on to the “special treatment”.

I will continue to be smart enough to discuss topics and let you and others go personal and talk about posters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

Fake news, count up the threads in here.....all but one are whining about something with the root cause being the election that didn’t go their way. No one in here is solving any world problems in a football chat room with a fake name, just complaining and attacking others with opposing views. 

You seem kinda bright, but your "fake news" betrays you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Take your own advice for once man...and realize back and forth nitpicking everything I say seem to be a big part of the problems most are talking about.

My post with the “who” was spot on to the “special treatment”.

I will continue to be smart enough to discuss topics and let you and others go personal and talk about posters 

I will never respond to you, you never respond to me, deal?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I will never respond to you, you never respond to me, deal?  

Do whatever you want.  What I do shouldn't affect you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sho nuff said:

Do whatever you want.  What I do shouldn't affect you.

It's because you can't. You're a hypocrite, this is your safe space where you deal with your Trump Derangement Syndrome all day every day. That's cool tho, I can keep my end of the bargain, it's easy because you are a complete waste of my time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

It's because you can't. You're a hypocrite, this is your safe space where you deal with your Trump Derangement Syndrome all day every day. That's cool tho, I can keep my end of the bargain, it's easy because you are a complete waste of my time. 

More insults...yeah, Im the hypocrite. Notice Ive not said an actual thing about you personally?

 

Edited by sho nuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

It's because you can't. You're a hypocrite, this is your safe space where you deal with your Trump Derangement Syndrome all day every day. That's cool tho, I can keep my end of the bargain, it's easy because you are a complete waste of my time. 

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Do whatever you want.  What I do shouldn't affect you.

That's a no, for the record, @tonydead. He is admitting he doesn't have the willpower to stop chasing you around. At least he's honest...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

That's a no, for the record, @tonydead. He is admitting he doesn't have the willpower to stop chasing you around. At least he's honest...

Ive not chased him around.  Ive not slung insults at him nor gotten personal.  I have spoke inly about topics and posts. Ne honest about the interaction here.

He can do what he wants.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Rock's good people. Some of you need to lighten up a little.

Unless he said something that I missed that I would find offensive in which case I reserve the right to use really big words and long run on sentences, like this one, to castigate him and extend and revise my remarks above, herein.

I don't find much offensive though. Barbara Streisand, Red Sox fans, scooters at Disney, Ketchup on steak, this idiot we have in the same office as Abraham Lincoln. Oh, and people with no sense of humor.

Thanks for the kind words, Yankee, but this was one of the less hostile things on the board...so it's all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tonydead said:

I will never respond to you, you never respond to me, deal?  

Go Birds tried that with him but he can’t stop.  But he has no problems getting personal with me and others saying we follow him around and reply to him knowing he won’t reply back.  His hypocrisy looks so foolish 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Go Birds tried that with him but he can’t stop.  But he has no problems getting personal with me and others saying we follow him around and reply to him knowing he won’t reply back.  His hypocrisy looks so foolish 

That behavior is actually s great representation of what the left is and why many prefer the better option. It’s very interesting to watch in here. :popcorn:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

That behavior is actually s great representation of what the left is and why many prefer the better option. It’s very interesting to watch in here. :popcorn:

The left has personalized politics to a degree unseen heretofore than at any point in history. Everything is personal, bub, and don'cha know we won't let you forget it.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

The left has personalized politics to a degree unseen heretofore than at any point in history. Everything is personal, bub, and don'cha know we won't let you forget it.

Someone in here put it perfectly when he said something like it’s not enough that they hate Trump. Everyone has to hate Trump. I think it was HT?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The General said:

What goes on in here?

Don’t ask.  Shut the door quietly as you back away.  

The biggest change I’ve seen on this forum over the years is the increased frequency of people complaining about moderation and other people.

Uninteresting slap-fights everywhere.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

The left has personalized politics to a degree unseen heretofore than at any point in history. Everything is personal, bub, and don'cha know we won't let you forget it.

The left did that?  I highly disagree...I don't think either side takes credit for this on their own.  Not in here or out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, adonis said:

 

The biggest change I’ve seen on this forum over the years is the increased frequency of people complaining about moderation and other people.

Uninteresting slap-fights everywhere.

What an accurate post. Says it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

What an accurate post. Says it all.

Why are you in here commenting on them then if they are so uninteresting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Why are you in here commenting on them then if they are so uninteresting?

Because unfortunately it’s not just in this thread. It’s in nearly every thread now. Nearly every thread is derailed by these back and forth arguments, whining about arguments, reporting stuff to mods, complaining about the mods, just endless crap. 

You and a few others like to blame sho nuff. He and a few others blame you and a few others. Whatever. Don’t you find it boring? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

Because unfortunately it’s not just in this thread. It’s in nearly every thread now. Nearly every thread is derailed by these back and forth arguments, whining about arguments, reporting stuff to mods, complaining about the mods, just endless crap. 

You and a few others like to blame sho nuff. He and a few others blame you and a few others. Whatever. Don’t you find it boring? 

It sort of blends into the background now, actually. I shouldn't even comment on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Why are you in here commenting on them then if they are so uninteresting?

Because all the threads they start to stir up the outrage have been very low energy. When Russia didn’t pan out it really took the wind out of the sails. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think me and sho just got edited. Shhhh...

:lmao:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, rockaction said:

It sort of blends into the background now, actually. I shouldn't even comment on it. 

I’ll tell you: over the years people tease me for having so many posts. I’ve been addicted to this place because I love political discussion and it’s so easy,, when I wake up in the morning, to turn on my phone, come here and see who is posting what. 

But I’m slowly but surely losing interest. My firm impression is that well over 50% of the conversation in here (the entire forum, not just this thread)  is not about issues but instead about who insulted whom, how the mods reacted,,who is being a troll, etc. There’s always room for such discussion and sometimes I even find myself partaking (usually to my regret). But it should be about 10% of the discussion, not over half.) 

If it continues like this I probably will leave eventually. No special announcement like jon mx. I’ll end up just drifting away because it won’t be worth my time any more. 

Edited by timschochet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

This guy's back already?

You gotta be kidding me.

Dude, I love you.  For everyone that now labels me as a far left liberal, I couldn't stand TF.  I mean for years. However my liberal tendencies and this criminal, traitorous, disgrace in office has aligned me closer to TF than I ever could have imagined. 

Now, TF, you have to be more chill. Randons bannin is part of the charm of this place. If you get one because you were fighting the good fight, wear it as a badge of honor. If you get one for something dumb, figure out how to post differently.  Don't worry about other posters. Put them on ignore. 

Peace my brother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Because unfortunately it’s not just in this thread. It’s in nearly every thread now. Nearly every thread is derailed by these back and forth arguments, whining about arguments, reporting stuff to mods, complaining about the mods, just endless crap. 

You and a few others like to blame sho nuff. He and a few others blame you and a few others. Whatever. Don’t you find it boring? 

I blame those who get personal amd go after a poster vs the posts as that os where the problem lies.

I get that me (and others) may rub people the right way, and even have snark and sarcasm in posts.  Does that equate with calling people deranged or delusional, the inability to separate the post from the poster?  That everything a few people here say gets nitpicked and immediately talk about the person and not the subject of the actual post?

I asked a poster a question the other day (or asked if he would answer a question that was asked of him)...how off on a tangent did that get by multiple posters coming after me?  Accusing me of trolling and asking for me to be suspended or banned?

 I take responsibility that some don't like me, some don't like being questioned, some don't like some snark...but that does not excise the crap that goes on here.  I talk about the topics and the posts made and not about the people...I dint sling insults or names at them.  Thats the crap that derails threads...not good back and forth discussions even when people disagree.  It would be nice if people could do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I’ll tell you: over the years people tease me for having so many posts. I’ve been addicted to this place because I love political discussion and it’s so easy,, when I wake up in the morning, to turn on my phone, come here and see who is posting what. 

But I’m slowly but surely losing interest. My form impression is that well over 50% of the conversation in here (the entire forum, not just this thread)  is not about issues but instead about who insulted whom, how the mods reacted,,who is being a troll, etc. There’s always room for such discussion and sometimes I even find myself partaking (usually to my regret). But it should be about 10% of the discussion, not over half.) 

If it continues like this I probably will leave eventually. No special announcement like jon mx. I’ll end up just drifting away because it won’t be worth my time any more. 

In the parlance of the internet, that would sux0r. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most telling events of the internet age was when Ben Shapiro went on BBC, was quizzed about his past stances and blew up, but then when told his interviewer was a conservative he was basically, oreally didn't know that, and he would have reacted totally differently if he had known that. People react so specifically based on the handle of who is doing the talking.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about anon handles is it's supposed to free us to speak our minds and treat ideas as ideas. But instead the opposite happens and we trap ourselves in the same usual bs and biases we engage in IRL.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Because unfortunately it’s not just in this thread. It’s in nearly every thread now. Nearly every thread is derailed by these back and forth arguments, whining about arguments, reporting stuff to mods, complaining about the mods, just endless crap. 

You and a few others like to blame sho nuff. He and a few others blame you and a few others. Whatever. Don’t you find it boring? 

Honestly it’s more entertaining than every thread having nonsense like someone sucks, bof sidez, and all that crap from the same dozen posters.  To each his own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

One of the most telling events of the internet age was when Ben Shapiro went on BBC, was quizzed about his past stances and blew up, but then when told his interviewer was a conservative he was basically, oreally didn't know that, and he would have reacted totally differently if he had known that. People react so specifically based on the handle of who is doing the talking.

Often said id tey an experiment one day...Id message someone like you or henry or even Joe...someone most respond positively to.  Then hours later post a similar opinion to what i asked you all to posts and just see the difference in the reaction.

Id guess if someone else asked what I did the other day...the reaction would have been far different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’ll tell you: over the years people tease me for having so many posts. I’ve been addicted to this place because I love political discussion and it’s so easy,, when I wake up in the morning, to turn on my phone, come here and see who is posting what. 

But I’m slowly but surely losing interest. My firm impression is that well over 50% of the conversation in here (the entire forum, not just this thread)  is not about issues but instead about who insulted whom, how the mods reacted,,who is being a troll, etc. There’s always room for such discussion and sometimes I even find myself partaking (usually to my regret). But it should be about 10% of the discussion, not over half.) 

If it continues like this I probably will leave eventually. No special announcement like jon mx. I’ll end up just drifting away because it won’t be worth my time any more. 

Easy on the dramatics Tim, we all know you will be here til the end. :coffee:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Honestly it’s more entertaining than every thread having nonsense like someone sucks, bof sidez, and all that crap from the same dozen posters.  To each his own. 

That got really old, too, and that those sort of "tactics" -- if you'll call them that -- were frowned upon by moderators was ridiculous. When I saw moderators intervening about "whataboutism" or "bof sides" or other in-taboos, I quit for a while. Those are all very valid debate points, and there's no way they should be frowned upon. Unless by BOF SIDES you mean the tu quoque logical fallacy. Then okay.

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weird thing is that the people who complain most about the constant bickering are often the people most guilty of it themselves. (This becomes self-fulfilling in the case of bickering about bickering, which is all too common.)

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I blame those who get personal amd go after a poster vs the posts as that os where the problem lies.

I like you sho nuff. I also like many of those who complain about you. 

I understand your arguments and your desire to defend yourself, but I don’t think you’re blameless. You engage with the same people over and over using the same language that is going to garner a certain type of reaction. You’d have to be stupid not to know what that reaction is going to be, and I don’t think you’re stupid. You seem to enjoy these cat fights as much as you do discussing real issues. I don’t share your enthusiasm for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Honestly its more entertaining than every thread having nonsense like someone sucks, bof sidez, and all that crap from the same dozen posters.  To each his own. 

And again: I’m not being entertained by this stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.