Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slapdash

***Official PSF Moderation Thread***

An example...and no, Im not calling for any suspensions here.  Just dont see the need to reply in that thread and muck it up.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/?do=findComment&comment=22014188

Had I posted that about Trump supporters...how quickly would I have had multiple people all over me and calling for me to be suspended?

9 minutes ago, rockaction said:

That got really old, too, and that those sort of "tactics" -- if you'll call them that -- were frowned upon by moderators was ridiculous. When I saw moderators intervening about "whataboutism" or "bof sides" or other in-taboos, I quit for a while. Those are all very valid debate points, and there's no way they should be frowned upon. Unless by BOF SIDES you mean the tu quoque logical fallacy. Then okay.

I think “both sides” and “whataboutisms” are valid political arguments when they are used to put a criticized action or statement in context in order to either defend it or look at it in a different way. 

But when these arguments are used, not to examine the original criticism, but simply to imply that the person making that criticism is a hypocrite, then I don’t see how that adds to the discussion. Most of us are hypocrites in terms of choosing to downplay bad behavior from our own side and choosing to emphasize it on the other side. That’s just human nature and it means very little to point it out. 

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I like you sho nuff. I also like many of those who complain about you. 

I understand your arguments and your desire to defend yourself, but I don’t think you’re blameless. You engage with the same people over and over using the same language that is going to garner a certain type of reaction. You’d have to be stupid not to know what that reaction is going to be, and I don’t think you’re stupid. You seem to enjoy these cat fights as much as you do discussing real issues. I don’t share your enthusiasm for them. 

I engage with the people...about their posts and topics...not about them.  And that is the huge difference.  As I said, I get that some don't like me.  I get being questioned can feel abrasive.  That isn't an excuse to derail and get personal.  Im to blame for my posts and my words.  Im not perfect by I try to keep it where it isn't personal.  I got warned about just proclaiming things false or falsehoods...I stopped (and immediately after multiple people still follow up my posts with the words I was warmed to stop).  Ive been suspended for things I may not agree with.  I don't come back to complain publicly and blame others about fairness.  I try to do  better.  I take the personal responsibility for my actions.  But I cant control the actions of others.

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

An example...and no, Im not calling for any suspensions here.  Just dont see the need to reply in that thread and muck it up.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/?do=findComment&comment=22014188

Had I posted that about Trump supporters...how quickly would I have had multiple people all over me and calling for me to be suspended?

What is your purpose here? Are you accusing the mods of a double standard? Accusing other posters here of a double standard? If so, why? What do you hope to accomplish? 

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

I don't come back to complain publicly and blame others about fairness.  

Im sorry but you just did this in your very last post. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, timschochet said:

What is your purpose here? Are you accusing the mods of a double standard? Accusing other posters here of a double standard? If so, why? What do you hope to accomplish? 

Im not accusing the mods of anything.  Im accusing posters of that double standard. Im posting an example of what Saints was describing that people cant see beyond the handle sometimes.  It was what I saw as a clear example of how things have gone lately.  You know if I had posted that (or bucky or a few others) what would have happened tim...you know it

I like rock, he puts forth great arguments even if he and I don’t agree on much.  He strongly supports his views and believes in what he posts and isn't just doing ot for a reaction

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Im sorry but you just did this in your very last post. 

I did nothing of the sort.  That wasn't about moderation tim...

Anyhow enough. I’ve stated my complaints. I guess that in doing do I’m as guilty as everybody else now. So I’ll stop talking about this stuff- as I wrote I find it boring. 

I hope things get better around here...

I hope they get better too...and am glad its in here and not in every thread for pages mucking up actual discussion.

17 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Maybe it’s time for thread about the PSF Moderation Thread.

I started a thread about a thread about the PSF Moderation Thread and it was shut down. I don't know what to do now but suck my thumb and quietly weep. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

I’ll tell you: over the years people tease me for having so many posts. I’ve been addicted to this place because I love political discussion and it’s so easy,, when I wake up in the morning, to turn on my phone, come here and see who is posting what. 

But I’m slowly but surely losing interest. My firm impression is that well over 50% of the conversation in here (the entire forum, not just this thread)  is not about issues but instead about who insulted whom, how the mods reacted,,who is being a troll, etc. There’s always room for such discussion and sometimes I even find myself partaking (usually to my regret). But it should be about 10% of the discussion, not over half.) 

If it continues like this I probably will leave eventually. No special announcement like jon mx. I’ll end up just drifting away because it won’t be worth my time any more. 

I always questioned why if you love politics so darn much and you love discussing it all, why you choose a magic football board to do it at.

I would feel like if I liked politics as much as you, I'd like to be around others, an entire board full of people who like them just as much as I do. Not with some Joe Schmoes who play fantasy football.

I think you stick here to this board because you enjoy sounding more intelligent and informed than the normal people here who put fantasy football before politics, not the other way around like you do.

1 hour ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I started a thread about a thread about the PSF Moderation Thread and it was shut down. I don't know what to do now but suck my thumb and quietly weep. 

We should start a thread about starting a thread about PSF moderation.

• Thinking 1

24 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

I always questioned why if you love politics so darn much and you love discussing it all, why you choose a magic football board to do it at.

I would feel like if I liked politics as much as you, I'd like to be around others, an entire board full of people who like them just as much as I do. Not with some Joe Schmoes who play fantasy football.

I think you stick here to this board because you enjoy sounding more intelligent and informed than the normal people here who put fantasy football before politics, not the other way around like you do.

I dunno. I've been on major and respected political websites that don't draw half the intellect this place does. I think tim would do fine anywhere, but he's been here, knows the tone and tenor, the posters are quality posters, etc.

Edited by rockaction

Just now, OrtonToOlsen said:

On that?

9 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

I'm going to need some alcohol and a lot of condoms. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

You really underestimate the intelligence of the people here IMO. 

• Like 2

On 7/13/2019 at 11:08 AM, timschochet said:

Anyhow enough. I’ve stated my complaints. I guess that in doing do I’m as guilty as everybody else now. So I’ll stop talking about this stuff- as I wrote I find it boring. 

I hope things get better around here...

Posts like "Jamaal knows that Trump wants him to “go back where he came from.”" certainly make things better around here

• Like 2

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Posts like "Jamaal knows that Trump wants him to “go back where he came from.”" certainly make things better around here

You’re criticizing me for that post?? Unbelievable. Perhaps you should reserve your criticism for the President. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You’re criticizing me for that post?? Unbelievable. Perhaps you should reserve your criticism for the President. 

Not criticizing per se just saying it's boring and lame.   Like you find other posts boring.  You can post whatever you want, obviously.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Not criticizing per se just saying it's boring and lame.   Like you find other posts boring.  You can post whatever you want, obviously.

I was making a very specific argument with that post. @Widbil83 is arguing that blacks (Jamaal) will vote for Trump because of the economy and because they are fearful of losing their jobs to undocumented immigrants. I am arguing that Trump’s continual racism, repeated just this morning, will prevent that from happening. 

44 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I was making a very specific argument with that post. @Widbil83 is arguing that blacks (Jamaal) will vote for Trump because of the economy and because they are fearful of losing their jobs to undocumented immigrants. I am arguing that Trump’s continual racism, repeated just this morning, will prevent that from happening. 

Yeah Tim is right here, it’s all good.  I actually burst out laughing when I saw the comment.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, Yankee23Fan said:

Rock's good people. Some of you need to lighten up a little.

Unless he said something that I missed that I would find offensive in which case I reserve the right to use really big words and long run on sentences, like this one, to castigate him and extend and revise my remarks above, herein.

I don't find much offensive though. Barbara Streisand, Red Sox fans, scooters at Disney, Ketchup on steak, this idiot we have in the same office as Abraham Lincoln. Oh, and people with no sense of humor.

So if you encountered Streisand, at Disney, riding a scooter with her assistant, say maybe Tina Yothers, feeding her steak with ketchup, make that well done steak, it would make your head explode.

BTW, it would mine.  Good call.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1

The only way they are going to fix all the whining about moderation is to stop all moderation. Just post a warning for everyone pinned to the top and get out of the way.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:40 AM, Maurile Tremblay said:

“Boring and lame” is a compliment in some circles.

Which circles are those?

28 minutes ago, matuski said:
On 7/14/2019 at 8:40 AM, Maurile Tremblay said:

“Boring and lame” is a compliment in some circles.

Which circles are those?

Manufacturers of drills and ornamental metallic fabric?

• Like 2

:scared:  Did I have a close call recently? 

19,993 profile views

boots11234

Monday at 06:49 PM

FBG Moderator

July 16

Angry Beavers

• Like 1