What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (1 Viewer)

It was a few days ago. Try again.
Link? I think Henry made a play on words with Unbeliebable (which both you, as HT, and Beaver laughed at) and I made a similar word play variation of that (which you two did not find as amusing as Henry's attempt at humor).  However, just making a cursory word search I don't see a recent usage of mine of BieberClieber.

Link? I think Henry made a play on words with Unbeliebable (which both you, as HT, and Beaver laughed at) and I made a similar word play variation of that (which you two did not find as amusing as Henry's attempt at humor).  However, just making a cursory word search I don't see a recent usage of mine of BieberClieber.
My Link

Your "I'm innocent" shtick isn't working. You stir the pot more than anyone here.

Then you should focus a lot less of your time and mind on me. You’re right that is odd
:shrug:

I like you, you add a lot of substance to conversations and have a tendency to come from a place I had not considered.  It's just a shame that you spend a peculiar amount of time worried about those two in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can't provide a link to your claim of my recent usage with that sobriquet. Okie Dokie.
Don't need to. You already admitted it. Keep living in your fantasy world about what you do here. You cry to the mods about everything including nicknames and yet you do the same stuff you whine about. Have a good night.

I wanna make a joke about a good few of you being like PeeWee Herman and Francis...but that movie is funny and I don't want to besmirch the good name of that childhood favorite franchise 

I wanna believe that same group are actually adults capable of knowing when enough is enough.  The joke that may have been enjoyed with the initial rounds of pestering should have worn of by now, as there is nothing new in any of the interactions; just repetitious circle jerking of the most obnoxious kind (and this time, you are getting compared to PeeWee Herman)

It's all just Low Energy! and Sad! (see, political jokes should be short and sweet, without garnering much more than an eye roll from the opposite side)

The ignore posters route is just silly, IMO. Read, reply if you have a thought, engage in potential point-counterpoint, move on.  Simple, really.  

Meh, back to my lurking in the political talk and silently shaking my fists at the screen as I slowly turn into my father

Define recent?   In the last year, here is a few:

Of course there are other names you frequently use.  
I don't consider March of 2017 recent as far as having recently used that nickname (although we are getting into semantics) and I did say above that it had probably been about a year since I last used it (so I was off a couple months :shrug: )

Also, that was before Joe's Manifesto requesting we avoid name calling and I mentioned earlier that I believe that I had stopped using that sobriquet after the Manifesto was issued. Plus on a side note, the Beaver Cleaver account was suspended and he was using Phase of the Game so I don't see a big deal of using a nickname of a banned account while someone is using an alias (and don't you just hate people who use an alias?)

@Joe Bryant

I’ve been tempted several times to ask, and since we’ve reached critical mass again:  What happened to jon_mx anyway?  Can I see what he did?  The reason I ask is because I hate jon_mx, I disagree with 99% of everything he posted.  But, two things I can say for sure about him are:

a)       He genuinely believed what he posted.

b)      Whatever he said that got him banned he did out of frustration, not vindictiveness.

It seems to me you want posters with those two qualities. 

And there are some posters here that I can’t say that about.  They continuously post crap all day long for the sole purpose of sowing discord towards anything Trump.   HT’s tweet thread was the perfect example; blood in the water.

I don’t envy these problems, there is a reason some message boards don’t allow politics or religion at all. The difference today though is a religious thread would still be ~50-50.

You didn't know this? Its been used here as a disparaging term for years, and not even just from the usual suspects but from more "centerish" people as well.

Ive never understood it either. I consider myself a bit of a SJW...well, without the actual " warrioring" part. Not the least bit ashamed of it.
Its been used to belittle since its inception. It was never designed to be a positive term.

Let's not stop at banning emoji's.  Let's ban words.  That's right.  There are to be no typed out words in any of your posts.  I'll start with my next post.

@Joe Bryant

I’ve been tempted several times to ask, and since we’ve reached critical mass again:  What happened to jon_mx anyway?  Can I see what he did?  The reason I ask is because I hate jon_mx, I disagree with 99% of everything he posted.  But, two things I can say for sure about him are:

a)       He genuinely believed what he posted.

b)      Whatever he said that got him banned he did out of frustration, not vindictiveness.

It seems to me you want posters with those two qualities. 

And there are some posters here that I can’t say that about.  They continuously post crap all day long for the sole purpose of sowing discord towards anything Trump.   HT’s tweet thread was the perfect example; blood in the water.

I don’t envy these problems, there is a reason some message boards don’t allow politics or religion at all. The difference today though is a religious thread would still be ~50-50.
Here

Since the moderation team has decided that "willfully ignorant" posters are not technically trolling, I would like to make a suggestion for how to address their behavior:

1. find a way to put them on a universal ignore list. Allow them to view the forums and reply to posts, but make them completely invisible to everyone else.

2. if #1 is not possible, maybe you could just relocate all of their posts to a single thread? That way, if we really want to see what's on _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'s mind, I can just pop into the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Thread and read all of his latest musings.

I realize that this suggestion may not seem fair to willfully ignorant non-troll posters, but I think it would do worlds of good for the forums as a whole.

Since the moderation team has decided that "willfully ignorant" posters are not technically trolling, I would like to make a suggestion for how to address their behavior:

1. find a way to put them on a universal ignore list. Allow them to view the forums and reply to posts, but make them completely invisible to everyone else.

2. if #1 is not possible, maybe you could just relocate all of their posts to a single thread? That way, if we really want to see what's on _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'s mind, I can just pop into the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Thread and read all of his latest musings.

I realize that this suggestion may not seem fair to willfully ignorant non-troll posters, but I think it would do worlds of good for the forums as a whole.
Another forum I am a member of has a feature that people on your ignore list can't post in threads you started.  Perhaps that would work here.

Sounds like something the Nazis would say. Censor anyone who disagrees. Outlaw freedom of speech.

It appears the mods and owners here at FBG realized that sort of moderation was not good for business.

Just because you disagree with someone does not mean they are "trolling" or that their opinion is any less valid than yours.

Perhaps there is a lessons to be learned.

In 10 years this sub forum will be an excellent case study in group think and manipulation.

Sounds like something the Nazis would say. Censor anyone who disagrees. Outlaw freedom of speech.

It appears the mods and owners here at FBG realized that sort of moderation was not good for business.

Just because you disagree with someone does not mean they are "trolling" or that their opinion is any less valid than yours.

In 10 years this sub forum will be an excellent case study in group think and manipulation.
Seriously, is this real. 

Just making it so you can ignore quoted text from ignored users would be most excellent.

Jesus, man. Get some help.

It looks like a bunch of the threads related to Second Amendment, gun control and shootings got deleted too? 

ETA: nevermind. They are just on page 2.

@Joe Bryant Hi Joe, I guess I just figured I would call this to your attention in case you don't know. The Trump thread that was active since January 2017 was deleted. We don't know by whom or why. I really seriously doubt it was by the OP, it has to have been by a moderator. Some explanation of what happened and why would be nice and respectful. It's a good community which has worked to follow the rules, even to the point of being relegated to a subforum. 

Also as an fyi I believe it's possible for a thread to be recovered from the deleted files index. It would be nice if you could see if it could be recovered by someone on the IT side since apparently there was zero legitimate basis behind it being deleted.

Thanks and much appreciation - SID.

@Joe Bryant Hi Joe, I guess I just figured I would call this to your attention in case you don't know. The Trump thread that was active since January 2017 was deleted. We don't know by whom or why. I really seriously doubt it was by the OP, it has to have been by a moderator. Some explanation of what happened and why would be nice and respectful. It's a good community which has worked to follow the rules, even to the point of being relegated to a subforum. 

Also as an fyi I believe it's possible for a thread to be recovered from the deleted files index. It would be nice if you could see if it could be recovered by someone on the IT side since apparently there was zero legitimate basis behind it being deleted.

Thanks and much appreciation - SID.
Thanks for the headsup. I don't know what happened there. I'll ask Keith and see if he can tell what's up. 

Hi @Joe Bryantsorry to be a bother but I’m looking for the great Free Speech thread which a lot of thought has been devoted to. This may have been it but I’m not sure.

Any ideas where this might be located? Thanks.
I couldn't locate it either. Thought maybe there was a thread title change but couldn't find it at all. Even searched under "Milo" because he was mentioned throughout the thread, but zip. The thread had a lot of back and forth name calling regarding Milo's and Ann Coulter's speeches, so I am guessing one of the mods nuked it (a fate that befell my first 2020 Presidential Election Thread after the trolls kept calling Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas")

I couldn't find it. Possible it was deleted but the board software doesn't make it easy to search for more details on things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread