What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (5 Viewers)

You can do better than this.  Sincerely. 

What the hell is wrong with people as to treat entire groups with a such a lack of respect? Again, this after multiple jokes in the now deleted thread after the point had been clearly made that the use of the term in question was derogatory.

Damn. We should freaking do and be better. And don’t call me a crybaby for asking us to respect each other.  That ain’t on me asking for freaking decency. 
What's wrong with people indeed if they take issue with calling a group of people sexy. Loco.   :loco:

You can do better than this.  Sincerely. 

What the hell is wrong with people as to treat entire groups with a such a lack of respect? Again, this after multiple jokes in the now deleted thread after the point had been clearly made that the use of the term in question was derogatory.

Damn. We should freaking do and be better. And don’t call me a crybaby for asking us to respect each other.  That ain’t on me asking for freaking decency. 
You spent years running around here calling groups of people cowards and other stuff.  

:goodposting:

Definition of  :potkettle:
It is a circle which will never stop.  There are people on the left who will rationalize treating groups they disagree with (be it conservatives, Christians, trump supporters, white males) complete disrespect but be mad at those people for being disrespectful to others.  I really don't see where it ends.  To point this out is to whine or be a martyr or a troll or a piece of garbage.  Instead of engaging this garbage and trashing a thread worse than it already was, I decided to report 4 posts instead of diving into the rabbit hole.  I received a warning for wasting the moderators time.  

Last edited by a moderator:
You spent years running around here calling groups of people cowards and other stuff.  

:goodposting:

Definition of  :potkettle:

It is a circle which will never stop.  There are people on the left who will rationalize treating groups they disagree with (be it conservatives, Christians, trump supporters, white males) complete disrespect but be mad at those people for being disrespectful to others.  I really don't see where it ends.  To point this out is to whine or be a martyr or a troll or a piece of garbage.  Instead of engaging this garbage and trashing a thread worse than it already was, I decided to report 4 posts instead of diving into the rabbit hole.  I received a warning for wasting the moderators time.  
Wow. Yall really don't see the difference between epithets and slurs directed toward people for who they are at root, and calling out someone because of their behavior?  Someone being trans does not warrant disrespect.  Someone who makes jokes using the SAME derogatory term that had been pointed out as such, in my opinion, does not warrant respect.

You really think calling people the n-word, and calling people cowards is the same thing?

That might just say it all right there.

Finally, stop with the lies about all this coming from "the left" - it may make you feel better, but it's simply not true. Many of us are moderates, libertarians, and actual Conservatives (with me falling primarily into the first two - haven't voted Dem in a long time, and am not a registered Dem).

Finally, much as Jon et al like to pretend that we are all some evil "left," we aren't.  Im not even a registered Dem, nor have I voted Dem for a decade plus.  Nice to see those lies are still around here.

Yep, hit the nail on the head. Hard to know where the line is with what’s allowed but they have done better removing some on the left that were completely out of control acting in manners never allowed by “other side “. 

Wow. Yall really don't see the difference between epithets and slurs directed toward people for who they are at root, and calling out someone because of their behavior?  Someone being trans does not warrant disrespect.  Someone who makes jokes using the SAME derogatory term that had been pointed out as such, in my opinion, does not warrant respect.

You really think calling people the n-word, and calling people cowards is the same thing?

That might just say it all right there.

Finally, stop with the lies about all this coming from "the left" - it may make you feel better, but it's simply not true. Many of us are moderates, libertarians, and actual Conservatives (with me falling primarily into the first two - haven't voted Dem in a long time, and am not a registered Dem).

Finally, much as Jon et al like to pretend that we are all some evil "left," we aren't.  Im not even a registered Dem, nor have I voted Dem for a decade plus.  Nice to see those lies are still around here.
:lmao:

You went from the word tranny to the n-word quite quickly.  That's laughable.   Second, you went on one of your epic rants about treating people with respect.  Does that not apply to EVERYONE?  Or only people you choose to respect?   Don't be a hypocrite.

You went from the word tranny to the n-word quite quickly.  That's laughable.   Second, you went on one of your epic rants about treating people with respect.  Does that not apply to EVERYONE?  Or only people you choose to respect?   Don't be a hypocrite.
The two words are both slurs. That is the whole point. 

you are correct in that we should treat everyone with respect, and I apologize that I’ve not always lived up to that mark. However, while we should act respectfully toward each other, respect is still earned. And while I should treat everyone respectfully, that doesn’t mean I respect them, and it’s hard to respect those who insist on using slurs and epithets... even though you are correct that I should do my best to treat them respectfully.

The two words are both slurs. That is the whole point. 

you are correct in that we should treat everyone with respect, and I apologize that I’ve not always lived up to that mark. However, while we should act respectfully toward each other, respect is still earned. And while I should treat everyone respectfully, that doesn’t mean I respect them, and it’s hard to respect those who insist on using slurs and epithets... even though you are correct that I should do my best to treat them respectfully.
Your problem is that you are hung up on your defined list of slurs, and then you put them all on equal footing.  If people don't agree with your list it isn't an insistence to use slurs, it's a disagreement on what is a slur. Like it or not one is much more acceptable in society than the other, I don't see anyone referring to Tranny as the T-word. 

Your problem is that you are hung up on your defined list of slurs, and then you put them all on equal footing.  If people don't agree with your list it isn't an insistence to use slurs, it's a disagreement on what is a slur. Like it or not one is much more acceptable in society than the other, I don't see anyone referring to Tranny as the T-word. 
Here you go.

I don’t like tranny but there are different degrees of slurs. The n word is the high holy of slurs and don’t consider tranny in the same category, but still in my view it is very derogatory but I understand some to feel the same. 

My wife was born in Wales , came here as a baby but still considers welshing a slur to her Welsh heritage 

I was talking about in here, or more specifically the thread that got axed for discussing our transsexy friends.  But, thanks for discovering that google with find an article to support just about anything you put in the search bar.
I posted this article in that thread. And a bunch of quotes from it. 

It is disrespectful to say things like the only way you can support Trump is if you are a racist.  Or Trump voters are dumb.  Or Trump voters just parrot whatever they hear on Fox.  All those are common in this place.  
It's also disrespectful to call the forum a cesspool.  Or making broad, sweeping disparaging characterizations about liberals.

I posted this article in that thread. And a bunch of quotes from it. 
I went to the search function to prove my point as I was wagering that "Tranny" has been used a lot more in this forum than "T-word" and a couple interesting things happened:

1 - The T-word is already taken apparently.  At one time or another there was a ban on using the slur Troll.  

2 - I found a bunch of references where liberals were using the slur, often as an attack against right wing media or Trump himself.  That's weird.  I didn't find any from the right, although Dalton went on for pages about someone calling Mrs. Obama a Tranny so maybe that post got deleted.  

Example

Horrible

I wonder why these guys weren't held to the same dogpile on standard that Rock faced the other day?

I went to the search function to prove my point as I was wagering that "Tranny" has been used a lot more in this forum than "T-word" and a couple interesting things happened:

1 - The T-word is already taken apparently.  At one time or another there was a ban on using the slur Troll.  

2 - I found a bunch of references where liberals were using the slur, often as an attack against right wing media or Trump himself.  That's weird.  I didn't find any from the right, although Dalton went on for pages about someone calling Mrs. Obama a Tranny so maybe that post got deleted.  

Example

Horrible

I wonder why these guys weren't held to the same dogpile on standard that Rock faced the other day?
I would have called it out had I seen it.  These were buried in threads about other subjects.

Rock's thread involved transgender issues so it attracted more attention to the slur.

I think it's pretty simple.

Search function only takes a couple seconds.  I love pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.  Especially to the preachers.
I think it's fair game to be honest. However, I'd bet that the folks who used the term several years ago and read the now deleted thread and the subsequent apology from rockaction probably learned something from this whole thing.  I'd call that progress. 

Example

Horrible

1. The first example you listed has not a single like nor a single quote that I can find. It's possible that thread was moving fast and no one saw it (I didn't) and it's possible it's a matter of tribalism for the people who did see it.  If I had, I would have said the same kind of thing I did to rock.

2. The second example you listed has two likes and not a single quote I can find.  Same scenario.

Honestly, I don't think most people call this sort of thing out.  I do.  My one report on this board is when I reported someone I generally enjoy speaking with for using the word f** or f*****.  I said that to him at the time, that it was my one report ever, and that it was disgusting.

I can't speak for why anyone else did or didn't say anything.

Also, the search function on this board isn't the best.  There are dozens of examples of it being used on this board.  If you need someone on the right, here's pittstownkiller. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/631288-hot-or-not-woman-celebrates-her-unique-body-attributes/?do=findComment&comment=14013996

Here's MOP. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/634594-zoriada-ayda-or-yohany/

You'll notice most of them are in "who's hottest" threads.  I didn't spend much time in those while they were allowed.

1. The first example you listed has not a single like nor a single quote that I can find. It's possible that thread was moving fast and no one saw it (I didn't) and it's possible it's a matter of tribalism for the people who did see it.  If I had, I would have said the same kind of thing I did to rock.

2. The second example you listed has two likes and not a single quote I can find.  Same scenario.

Honestly, I don't think most people call this sort of thing out.  I do.  My one report on this board is when I reported someone I generally enjoy speaking with for using the word f** or f*****.  I said that to him at the time, that it was my one report ever, and that it was disgusting.

I can't speak for why anyone else did or didn't say anything.

Also, the search function on this board isn't the best.  There are dozens of examples of it being used on this board.  If you need someone on the right, here's pittstownkiller. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/631288-hot-or-not-woman-celebrates-her-unique-body-attributes/?do=findComment&comment=14013996

Here's MOP. https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/634594-zoriada-ayda-or-yohany/

You'll notice most of them are in "who's hottest" threads.  I didn't spend much time in those while they were allowed.
Bold - they did, not just you, it was a dogpile, OMG, over rockaction reaction because rational thought be damned in the name of Political Correctness.

pittstownkiller?

I was just initially just talking about the PSF.   All types and kinds in the FFA, that's my original point, one is more accepting to society than the other.   You wouldn't even get a search result for the N word because it's stopped at the language filter.  I rest my case.

Search function only takes a couple seconds.  I love pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.  Especially to the preachers.
I made exactly ONE post regarding this entire issue in this thread.  

Here it is: 

Don't Noonan:  Thanks.  That is offensive?  What are you supposed to call them?

Me: Transgender or Trans
That's it.  Period.  DN asked a question and I answered.  I didn't preach. 

I also didn't participate in Rockaction's original thread.  

Calm down.

Bold - they did, not just you, it was a dogpile, OMG, over rockaction reaction because rational thought be damned in the name of Political Correctness.

pittstownkiller?

I was just initially just talking about the PSF.   All types and kinds in the FFA, that's my original point, one is more accepting to society than the other.   You wouldn't even get a search result for the N word because it's stopped at the language filter.  I rest my case.
That’s certainly true. I was answering the fact that you said no one calls it the T word. 

I have never used that term, but I have never been in a conversation that I might.  I never realized that it was a slur as I am sure others didn't.  Thanks to this forum I have learned that it is a slur so now I will never use it.  I learn quite a bit here and appreciate when things like this are brought to lite.  Hopefully we can all learn a little from the whole thing.

I have never used that term, but I have never been in a conversation that I might.  I never realized that it was a slur as I am sure others didn't.  Thanks to this forum I have learned that it is a slur so now I will never use it.  I learn quite a bit here and appreciate when things like this are brought to lite.  Hopefully we can all learn a little from the whole thing.
That is the idea.  I certainly thought I’d corrected my own behavior much longer ago than I apparently did. 

:hifive:   I've learned a lot from this place.

I do have a question for you guys though.  LGBTQ is an acronym used all the time.  Now I am pretty old but that last letter was used as a very derogatory term back in the day.  Why is it not considered a slur?

I do have a question for you guys though.  LGBTQ is an acronym used all the time.  Now I am pretty old but that last letter was used as a very derogatory term back in the day.  Why is it not considered a slur?
Good question (genuinely, it makes me cringe because it's one of the first words I finally learned not to say.)  That one's apparently been "taken back" as it were.  It's a catch-all term the community uses for people who don't neatly fit into the other boxes but really feel they should be categorized along with that community.

Example

Horrible

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread