What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WAS TE Jordan Reed Placed On PUP 7/26/17 (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Footballguy,

Surprising and possibly worrisome news out of Washington today. TE Jordan Reed has been placed on the Physically Unable to Perform List by the team.

From Washington Post Beat Writer Master Tesfatsion: “#Redskins announce TE Jordan Reed has been placed on the PUP list. Big surprise.”

https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/890323725652041728

It’s surprising as reports for Reed had been positive this summer.

Redskins.com Staff Writer Jake Kring-Schreifels wrote this about Reed on June 13. 

“Near the end of the Redskins’ first minicamp practice on Tuesday, with time winding down on an instituted two-minute drill, quarterback Kirk Cousins unleashed a 25-yard strike to tight end Jordan Reed down the right seam though some traffic for a touchdown.

“He’s back babbyyy,” yelled Cousins, as he ran to greet him.

“Reed has spent the bulk of the last couple of months training in Miami at Legacy Fit, where he’s done a lot of cross training and conditioning while working in the afternoons with Seth Minter, known as the “Foot Doctor,” running drills to tighten up footwork.

“I feel great,” he said. “I feel explosive.  I feel conditioned.  I feel really good.”

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Jordan-Reed-Returns-For-Minicamp-Refreshed-And-Explosive/9043c53b-dc1d-466e-a3f3-6f665a69aea6

Here’s what had this morning on Footballguys in our Washington Team Report for the TE Section:

Starters: Jordan Reed
Backups: Vernon Davis, Niles Paul, Jeremy Sprinkle [R]

Jordan Reed may be the most talented tight end in the league outside of Rob Gronkowski. Unfortunately, the similarities between the two don't end there -- both have seen their careers hindered by injury. When healthy, Reed is a matchup nightmare because he has the size to dominate defensive backs but the speed and route-running prowess to dominate linebackers. When he's on the field, Reed is Kirk Cousins most dangerous weapon, particularly in the red zone. Vernon Davis resurrected his career filling in for Reed, and earned a handsome new contract in the process. Rookie Jeremy Sprinkle will attempt to dislodge Niles Paul from the final rotation spot.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2017/17teamreport-was.php

For now, don’t panic yet and let’s see how this unfolds. It’s July 26. But it’s also a guy with a history of injury. We’ll stay on top of this for you so stay tuned to Footballguys. 

Have a great rest of your Wednesday.

J

now is the time to trade FOR him..apparently its not a biggie if Luck is on PUP list but its the end of the world that Reed is on PUP list  after scoring a 25 yard td in practice and immediately the  over cautious coaches wanting to keep him healthy for the season by shutting him down. Nothing to see here.he'll be fine.its a strain not a sprain .its not turf toe. 

Luck on the other hand  is falling apart but no one finds that problematic. 

trade FOR Reed NOW!! 

Hey, at least he stopped trying to hurdle people all the time. Cautiously optimistic, but the Skins have a little history of 'nothing to worry about' turning into 'right on track, just not ready this week'. It's smart for them to be really cautious with him though. Their offense does not click nearly as well without him. They've still got Vernon Davis, Derek Carrier, and Niles Paul to take reps in camp until Reed is good and ready. 

Tanner9919 said:
now is the time to trade FOR him..apparently its not a biggie if Luck is on PUP list but its the end of the world that Reed is on PUP list  after scoring a 25 yard td in practice and immediately the  over cautious coaches wanting to keep him healthy for the season by shutting him down. Nothing to see here.he'll be fine.its a strain not a sprain .its not turf toe. 

trade FOR Reed NOW!! 
Mr. 6 concussions (at least). At  a certain point doesn't this guy have to say it is not worth it. I owned him last year, but damn he is going to end up like some punch drunk boxer at some point.

Tanner9919 said:

trade FOR Reed NOW!! 
Just submitted in dynasty.

so i have been reading up on his big toe injury. Sounds like he had it for most of last year and all off-season. So what the heck should we expect from Reed? i need to figure out whether to keep him for an 8th round pick or Mike Evans for a 4th, and am wondering if this big toe will be around all year or if all this rest is enough to not have it be an issue throughout the year

so i have been reading up on his big toe injury. Sounds like he had it for most of last year and all off-season. So what the heck should we expect from Reed? i need to figure out whether to keep him for an 8th round pick or Mike Evans for a 4th, and am wondering if this big toe will be around all year or if all this rest is enough to not have it be an issue throughout the year
Am I ndertanding this right? If you keep Evans you give up a fourth round pick? That's a slam dunk. I'm al about risk but I'd let Jordan walk for Evans. I don't know what your scoring rules are but Evans is a top 12 in my book regardless of format.

What's to figure out? Reed as an 8th is surely a bargain, but Evans is a 4th is a steal. Hes a first round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread