Anarchy99

2017 ABLC League Thread

206 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Lost Edelman for the year.  See you guys next year.

At least you get to replace him, not that there's much chance of finding someone in his scoring bracket.

55 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

At least you get to replace him, not that there's much chance of finding someone in his scoring bracket.

I keep forgetting about this option. Ihate to say this David but, there should be a way for season ending injuries to go first. 

Sorry David. I love Anarchy and look forward to them each year, I thank you and do not want to cause yoy more work, But, today sucked for fantasy futures.

Now we wait in line when some have an IR pick waiting behind us. Soon there will be more.

9 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Lost Edelman for the year.  See you guys next year.

It was a good run. 

2 people like this

14 hours ago, There it is said:

I keep forgetting about this option. Ihate to say this David but, there should be a way for season ending injuries to go first. 

Sorry David. I love Anarchy and look forward to them each year, I thank you and do not want to cause yoy more work, But, today sucked for fantasy futures.

Now we wait in line when some have an IR pick waiting behind us. Soon there will be more.

Interesting suggestion.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:57 AM, Biabreakable said:

I am not sure where Juju fits in with the Steelers this year. They have a lot of WR right now. if Bryant has issues or is out of the way I like his chances for opportunity a lot better then.

I believe he is the missing piece they have been searching for, much like a lot of great passing team need...a 3rd WR not afraid to block and a goal line target.

I think you are going to love his football tenacity .. watch him tonight.

Just now, There it is said:

I believe he is the missing piece they have been searching for, much like a lot of great passing team need...a 3rd WR not afraid to block and a goal line target.

I think you are going to love his football tenacity .. watch him tonight.

I am hoping to. Is he going to play?

I was just looking through some of our recent drafts and JuJu was not selected in two of them.

Just now, Biabreakable said:

I am hoping to. Is he going to play?

I was just looking through some of our recent drafts and JuJu was not selected in two of them.

You know I dig deep. Usually a year or 2 too soon, but sometimes a playoff payoff!

Yes he's playing.

11 minutes ago, There it is said:

You know I dig deep. Usually a year or 2 too soon, but sometimes a playoff payoff!

Yes he's playing.

Cool I look forward to seeing him.

Eli Rodgers was the other Steelers WR selected over JuJu in league two.also in league 6

Here you selected JuJu and I don't see Rodgers being taken.

Nevermind Rodgers went pick 266 JuJu 305

I guess folks think Rodgers is worth drafting.

Edited by Biabreakable

2 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Cool I look forward to seeing him.

Eli Rodgers was the other Steelers WR selected over JuJu in league two.also in league 6

Here you selected JuJu and I don't see Rodgers being taken.

Eli is still listed in some depth charts as 3RD because he was and he's their PR. JuJu is Hines Ward.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, There it is said:

Eli is still listed in some depth charts as 3RD because he was and he's their PR. JuJu is Hines Ward.

I hope it works out that way for you.

Someone should tell the Steelers defense to take it easy on the rookie. He has been hurt 3 times already.

20 hours ago, There it is said:

I think this may be the worst suggestion of all time....you gotta be kidding me....

1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I think this may be the worst suggestion of all time....you gotta be kidding me....

First of all the fact that we have one one is antiANARCHY.

Since we do. Why can't we go be the NFL IR official list. In stead of giving a free get out of jail card for K pick up and allow everyone to draft a K in the 10th w/a free pass.

An IR can destroy your season no matter how good you are, So, If David is allowing this "free pick up". I suggested that those that were devastated the most.. move to the front of the line.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, There it is said:

An IR can destroy your season no matter how good you are, So, If David is allowing this "free pick up". I suggested that those that were devastated the most.. move to the front of the line.

I'm not sure I totally agree with the first premise and I'm totally sure I do not agree with the second premise.

2 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I had a feeling you were going to come in and say something like this. :D

3 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

I'm not sure I totally agree with the first premise and I'm totally sure I do not agree with the second premise.

Fair enough.

Oh I came here to talk about JuJu Schuster since I am watching the replay right now.

He came in and made a catch but then walked off the field again very gingerly. Clearly still having some pain in his knee. 

Eli Rodgers comes back in and makes a catch after this. Watching the 2 minute drll end of the first half right now.

Oh and these announcers some of the worst I've listened to, Not sure if they are the Pittsburgh or Indianapolis crew.

Edited by Biabreakable

2 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Oh I came here to talk about JuJu Schuster since I am watching the replay right now.

He came in and made a catch but then walked off the field again very gingerly. Clearly still having some pain in his knee. 

Eli Rodgers comes back in and makes a catch after this. Watching the 2 minute drll end of the first half right now.

Keep watching my friend.

17 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I had a feeling you were going to come in and say something like this. :D

Lol...there are so many things wrong with it and actually trying to implement it that I almost want to start a debate for fun just to bury it....been with FBG since 2003 or sooner I think....back when they used to "fax" you a cheat sheet....no offense but that suggestion might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted.....

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Well go ahead...

:stirspot:

I was thinking the one free pick up after week one went in the reverse order of how people drafted, as a form of balancing out teams who get to use higher picks than others throughout the draft.

I did not think about how TII suggestion might somehow disrupt game balance, but I imagine some of you may have strong opinions about that.

11 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Lol...there are so many things wrong with it and actually trying to implement it that I almost want to start a debate for fun just to bury it....been with FBG since 2003 or sooner I think....back when they used to "fax" you a cheat sheet....no offense but that suggestion might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted.....

Losing already! have to bring up longevity. Same as us if you check.

No offense it's just a suggestion. Like the reason it was added in the first place.

49 minutes ago, There it is said:

Losing already! have to bring up longevity. Same as us if you check.

No offense it's just a suggestion. Like the reason it was added in the first place.

I brought up 2003 cause I have seen some stupid  crazy #### posted in the last 14 years or whatever....including some of my own posts...but your suggestion was one of the winner winner chicken dinners...not trying to be d-bag here but just felt compelled to call it out.....I may post this suggestion in the IBL league and see if they can hook me up somehow with my Boldin pick....

6 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I brought up 2003 cause I have seen some stupid  crazy #### posted in the last 14 years or whatever....including some of my own posts...but your suggestion was one of the winner winner chicken dinners...not trying to be d-bag here but just felt compelled to call it out.....I may post this suggestion in the IBL league and see if they can hook me up somehow with my Boldin pick....

I guess you just can't disagree.

Off hand, I can easily think of far stupider ideas in the history of this board...

Pretty much every so-called "forum upgrade" would be near the top of the list.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Arodin said:

Off hand, I can easily think of far stupider ideas in the history of this board...

Pretty much every so-called "forum upgrade" would be near the top of the list.

Agreed.

Don't think I like the idea, but don't think it was THAT bad.....

On 8/26/2017 at 0:54 AM, There it is said:

Hell ####### no.

I got ripped with pick 32 this season

Too bad so sad suckers 

13 hours ago, There it is said:

I guess you just can't disagree.

As  the other IR (Ware) owner from this weekend, I love the suggestion by There It Is.

lol...I'll bite....do we factor in retired players too....?...guys that get cut...?...suspended for the year between now and then..?....so after the the second Monday Night game at about midnight....David is supposed to check and see who is actually considered out for the year and not just part of the year....including anybody who gets hurt in either of the Monday games....who we may not find out until later that week....plow through some medical reports and uncertain updates....and then some how create a waiver order based on the injured players owners getting first crack (and then I guess we would have to decide who gets priority there...what round were they drafted in originally, draft spot, etc..) and then draft reversal.....all this being done in the MDF forum in two days before the Thursday night game.....sounds pretty easy to me...or we say just like every other league....tough break...

Edited by Stinkin Ref
1 person likes this

58 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

lol...I'll bite....do we factor in retired players too....?...guys that get cut...?...suspended for the year between now and then..?....so after the the second Monday Night game at about midnight....David is supposed to check and see who is actually considered out for the year and not just part of the year....including anybody who gets hurt in either of the Monday games....who we may not find out until later that week....plow through some medical reports and uncertain updates....and then some how create a waiver order based on the injured players owners getting first crack (and then I guess we would have to decide who gets priority there...what round were they drafted in originally, draft spot, etc..) and then draft reversal.....all this being done in the MDF forum in two days before the Thursday night game.....sounds pretty easy to me...or we say just like every other league....tough break...

While I agreed that we shouldn't do it, you're dramatically over-stating the difficulty. It would be pretty simple to peruse rosters, see the IR next to a name, and manually adjust. Nobody is suggesting  changes to ANYTHING other than officially IR'd players.

It would appear we aren't doing it (and shouldn't IMO), but it certainly wasn't a horrible thought, nor would it be anywhere near as difficult to implement as you suggest.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, renesauz said:

While I agreed that we shouldn't do it, you're dramatically over-stating the difficulty. It would be pretty simple to peruse rosters, see the IR next to a name, and manually adjust. Nobody is suggesting  changes to ANYTHING other than officially IR'd players.

It would appear we aren't doing it (and shouldn't IMO), but it certainly wasn't a horrible thought, nor would it be anywhere near as difficult to implement as you suggest.

I'm sure David would agree....

and it would only be players on IR as of Tuesday morning....not those placed on IR later that week after being injured Sunday or Monday....

Edited by Stinkin Ref
1 person likes this

I have not been in this league with waivers before. Can someone please tell me when the one replacement waivers are run? and is it in reverse drafting order or same? Thanks ahead for the kind assist.

3 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I have not been in this league with waivers before. Can someone please tell me when the one replacement waivers are run? and is it in reverse drafting order or same? Thanks ahead for the kind assist.

Reverse drafting order beginning Tuesday of week 2.  It's all done manually on this board.

2 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Replacement round:per e mail

- AFTER NFL Week 1, each team will have the option to replace ONE PLAYER on his or her team (but only after the first game and before the second weekend of football).  Obviously teams can only replace a RB/WR/TE/PK.  No other roster moves beyond that.  Score for the new player from Week 1 WOULD COUNT.  Score from player dropped WOULD NOT count.  Teams can choose not to drop/add a player.

- Replacement picks would be make IN REVERSE ORDER of the first round of the draft (so team that has #32 pick gets option on first replacement pick).
- Each remaining team would get their shot at whoever was available in the player pool (including players dropped from other teams).

Edited by There it is

18 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

:goodposting:

Just now, Biabreakable said:

So my team did really bad in week one.

I am 5th in waiver priority based on the order of the draft. 

@BroncoFreak_2K3 gets to make the first add, then @Arodin @jhexel @snellman

Leave me something please guys, team needs a lot of help.

:violin::ptts:

Pick swap process started. Will update the original post with a running tally. I will email you when it is your turn.

1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

Patriots defense with a quality -10 points to start the season.

I wonder about this team and how Emperor Palpatine will right the ship this time.

Defense looked pretty bad.

I recall the Bucs defense giving me some negative scores last year. Against the Saints and Falcons I believe.

The Washington defense that I was gifted second to last did ok and actually got positive points for the first week.

7 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Pick swap process started. Will update the original post with a running tally. I will email you when it is your turn.

David, please don't forget......I was a replacement drafter at pick 1.11. Got ndblu in there on the waiver order on the first post right now. TIA.

eta: Oops......I was looking at the wrong league site......I see I'm at 2 in this one. Thanks!!!

Edited by Ruffrodys05