Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Anarchy99

2017 ABLC League Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I have not been in this league with waivers before. Can someone please tell me when the one replacement waivers are run? and is it in reverse drafting order or same? Thanks ahead for the kind assist.

Reverse drafting order beginning Tuesday of week 2.  It's all done manually on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I have not been in this league with waivers before. Can someone please tell me when the one replacement waivers are run? and is it in reverse drafting order or same? Thanks ahead for the kind assist.

Replacement round:per e mail

- AFTER NFL Week 1, each team will have the option to replace ONE PLAYER on his or her team (but only after the first game and before the second weekend of football).  Obviously teams can only replace a RB/WR/TE/PK.  No other roster moves beyond that.  Score for the new player from Week 1 WOULD COUNT.  Score from player dropped WOULD NOT count.  Teams can choose not to drop/add a player.

- Replacement picks would be make IN REVERSE ORDER of the first round of the draft (so team that has #32 pick gets option on first replacement pick).
- Each remaining team would get their shot at whoever was available in the player pool (including players dropped from other teams).

 

Edited by There it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

lol...I'll bite....do we factor in retired players too....?...guys that get cut...?...suspended for the year between now and then..?....so after the the second Monday Night game at about midnight....David is supposed to check and see who is actually considered out for the year and not just part of the year....including anybody who gets hurt in either of the Monday games....who we may not find out until later that week....plow through some medical reports and uncertain updates....and then some how create a waiver order based on the injured players owners getting first crack (and then I guess we would have to decide who gets priority there...what round were they drafted in originally, draft spot, etc..) and then draft reversal.....all this being done in the MDF forum in two days before the Thursday night game.....sounds pretty easy to me...or we say just like every other league....tough break...

 

 

 

:goodposting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

Patriots defense with a quality -10 points to start the season.

I wonder about this team and how Emperor Palpatine will right the ship this time.

Defense looked pretty bad.

I recall the Bucs defense giving me some negative scores last year. Against the Saints and Falcons I believe.

The Washington defense that I was gifted second to last did ok and actually got positive points for the first week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Pick swap process started. Will update the original post with a running tally. I will email you when it is your turn.

David, please don't forget......I was a replacement drafter at pick 1.11. Got ndblu in there on the waiver order on the first post right now. TIA.

eta: Oops......I was looking at the wrong league site......I see I'm at 2 in this one. Thanks!!!

Edited by Ruffrodys05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Go DC Yourself said:

FBG says that Kerwyn Williams will be marginally better than Duke Johnson the rest of the year, and certainly has no less opportunity for playoff points, so wth.

Who the heck knows about anything going on at this point. No one really knows when David Johnson will be returning. Chris Johnson is back. And the Cardinals plucked DJ Foster off the Patriots practice squad. Sounds like things could play out a lot of different ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

Considering a Broncos fan just dropped Booker I likely should not be picking him up. But I can't help myself.

Enjoy the sloppy seconds

 

;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling lucky. Plus I really believe in Bookers talent. More than I can say for a lot of the other options I was looking at.

That said if Duke Johnson were available to me I might have opted for him instead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I'm feeling lucky. Plus I really believe in Bookers talent. More than I can say for a lot of the other options I was looking at.

That said if Duke Johnson were available to me I might have opted for him instead.

Danny Glass Amendola. Yea. Little to zero options available at this point. 

Wonder if David Johnson will find his way on the scrap heap.

:popcorn:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think I'm good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biabreakable said:

Kind of wishing I could have passed to later in the order as some interesting players been dropped.

link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biabreakable said:

Kind of wishing I could have passed to later in the order as some interesting players been dropped.

Agreed. Unfortunately I was locked into a wr.  100 plus points on the ww for the taking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I'll drop my IR running back and take a swing for the fences with Jamaal Williams of the Green Bay Packers.

That was a gift and potential game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BassNBrew said:

Bump him to the last slot.

He's good now. In case someone else is unreachable for an extended stretch, the option will be to skip over that owner and when he returns he can only pick from the undrafted free agents (not the player drops). Hopefully we won't have to worry about that moving forward . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Haven't heard from TLD44, and he is not an FBG regular. Hopefully he will email me back soon.

Give him Percy Harvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has made their swap with the exception of TLD44. I will deal with him when he shows up again. I am going to re-score the Week 1 games. Please make sure you have the right guys on your roster and make sure your Week 1 total is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A whopping 105.3 through two weeks, and Olsen breaking his foot put my "two stud TE" strategy straight into the wall.

It's entirely possible I could go from first to worst this season. In a 32-teamer. That's .... impressive, in its own way, I guess. :bag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

A whopping 105.3 through two weeks, and Olsen breaking his foot put my "two stud TE" strategy straight into the wall.

It's entirely possible I could go from first to worst this season. In a 32-teamer. That's .... impressive, in its own way, I guess. :bag:

The difference between being Mr. Relevant and Mr. Irrelevant is IR. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 10:43 AM, Biabreakable said:

Bad bet. I like the rest of your draft a bit better than this part of it. You need to hope Murray gets goal line carries because he isn't going to be doing much else. Zimmer and Shurmur have both said Cook is capable of all roles. Goal line opportunity for Murray is just pure speculation, not based on anything the coaches have said.

Oof. This is not the way I wanted to be right about this pick. Sorry Bia. :X

Even though I don't own Cook anywhere I was really digging watching this kid run ... hopefully he's ready to go by week 1 next year and can pick up where he left off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Oof. This is not the way I wanted to be right about this pick. Sorry Bia. :X

Even though I don't own Cook anywhere I was really digging watching this kid run ... hopefully he's ready to go by week 1 next year and can pick up where he left off.

As a Vikings fan it feels a bit like the season is already over. I am sure I will get over the loss in time but pretty bummed out about it right now.

I am not sure Murray will be the guy to have here. McKinnon has been ahead of him to this point and CJ Ham has gotten the short yardage opportunities over him as well.

Murrays playing time will surely increase, just not sure he will be the leader for the Vikings in the absence of Cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Oof. This is not the way I wanted to be right about this pick. Sorry Bia. :X

Even though I don't own Cook anywhere I was really digging watching this kid run ... hopefully he's ready to go by week 1 next year and can pick up where he left off.

Cook  + Sproles  = TOAST :(.....

But the hell with my FF team....hope the kid heals like AP did.  Minnesota fans haven't had much luck lately, with Bridgewater and now this.

Edited by Maggot Brain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

As a Vikings fan it feels a bit like the season is already over. I am sure I will get over the loss in time but pretty bummed out about it right now.

I am not sure Murray will be the guy to have here. McKinnon has been ahead of him to this point and CJ Ham has gotten the short yardage opportunities over him as well.

Murrays playing time will surely increase, just not sure he will be the leader for the Vikings in the absence of Cook.

I've carried a torch for Murray for a couple of years now but you may be right. We watched a fair amount of that game after Cook went out and he looked like he was running in molasses. Beginning to seem as though 2015-16 in OAK was an OL-generated mirage.

The good news is that Bradford should be back soon so this offense should offer decent fantasy potential, although without DC I expect it to be closer to the 2016 iteration than to what we saw in September. I feel pretty safe in saying it's not going to affect my chances for a repeat much either way though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I've carried a torch for Murray for a couple of years now but you may be right. We watched a fair amount of that game after Cook went out and he looked like he was running in molasses. Beginning to seem as though 2015-16 in OAK was an OL-generated mirage.

The good news is that Bradford should be back soon so this offense should offer decent fantasy potential, although without DC I expect it to be closer to the 2016 iteration than to what we saw in September. I feel pretty safe in saying it's not going to affect my chances for a repeat much either way though.

My observation of Murray was the same. He looked slow, which makes me wonder as I don't recall him looking that slow when playing for the Raiders.

Makes me wonder if he lost something from his injury or perhaps he is just thinking too much? Really don't know why he looked so sluggish but he did.

It would be great if this changes, he plays better than yesterday and he makes me a fan of his game. What I saw from him yesterday does not have me excited about it.

 

Edited by Biabreakable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOF. there goes that 60 point lead that I was amassing all in one week. I know I got all my bye weeks out at one time, but Fowler/Fuller had went down in flames with the change in quarterbacks for their respective teams. And Blount is going to lose value to Ajayi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, montana_grizzly_bears said:

You may take over top spot this week. Going to have maybe 5 in the playoffs

Not gonna happen this week if Roethlisberger sits. I have a similar total of playoff guys. I will have 4, 5 if the Titans sneak in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.