What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Ok Guys one of these days I am going to figure out how to make a $1 playing these DFS contests.

Here's my cash lineup...tell me what you think. Good luck all. Would love to see shared success this season.

QB: Maritoa

RB: Bell, McCoy

WR: Fitzgerald, Hopkins, Wright

TE: Walker

K: Bryant

Def: Bills
I like this.  I keep seeing Hopkins pop up in the IVC, but he does kinda scare me with that Qb.  Can't be worse than Brock, I guess.  I keep gravitating to Crabtree for less $ in cash. but Dodds doesn't agree and he gets paid the big bucks. 

Also, one thing to think about is you have 2 correlating plays on a cash LU with Mariota/Walker and McCoy/Bills, so there might me a little more volatility in there than you might think. 

Good luck!

Ok, here's my starting point for the season, one cash L/U & one tournament L/U. Will probably add a few more, but, it's a place to start:

Cash/double-up: QB/ Carr, RB/J. Rodgers & D. Murray, WR/A. Cooper-D. Bryant-A. Jeffrey, TE/G. Olsen, K/M. Meyer, DEF/ PHL

Tournament: QB/D. Prescott, RB/D. Johnson & T. West, WR/D. Bryant-A. Jeffrey-M. Jones Jr., TE/J. Graham, K/G. Zuerlein, DEF/BUF

Can definitely see myself doing a tournament stack of Wilson-Baldwin-Graham with another entry.
why so many paid up WR on cash game?

thurs-monday cash lineup

Aaron Rodgers - Arod at home against seattle should be primed for a slug fest. I think he will need to throw a lot for the win.

Leveon Bell - bell against a weak Browns Defense -- Game flow is in his favor of running out the clock. Went for 30.1 FP last time against the browns.

David Johnson - High OU with a close spread -- who else does Arizona have?

Terrell Pryor - went for 1000 yards last year with the browns..Now with Kirk Cousins..Coaches saying this is a pro bowl year

Devin Funchess - hes the number 2 man at Carolina--coaches said his camp was better than Benjamin.

Golden Tate - Stafford only has this man to throw too. 

Coby Fleener - Punt but I think Drew Brees likes tight ends a lot.. Fleener is athletic enough to get some targets.

Gostowski - I expect the patriots to score and get in field goal range all night.

Bills - Are the jets good?

Last edited by a moderator:
thurs-monday cash lineup

Aaron Rodgers - Arod at home against seattle should be primed for a slug fest. I think he will need to throw a lot for the win.

Leveon Bell - bell against a weak Browns Defense -- Game flow is in his favor of running out the clock. Went for 30.1 FP last time against the browns.

David Johnson - High OU with a close spread -- who else does Arizona have?

Terrell Pryor - went for 1000 yards last year with the browns..Now with Kirk Cousins..Coaches saying this is a pro bowl year

Devin Funchess - hes the number 2 man at Carolina--coaches said his camp was better than Benjamin.

Golden Tate - Stafford only has this man to throw too. 

Coby Fleener - Punt but I think Drew Brees likes tight ends a lot.. Fleener is athletic enough to get some targets.

Gostowski - I expect the patriots to score and get in field goal range all night.

Bills - Are the jets good?
Seems like a lot of risky guys in there for cash. Fleener hasn't panned out in NO, did I miss something this preseason to make me think otherwise? He puts up a 4 and walker puts up 7-85-1 you are chasing points. Tate might move around and probably doesn't get shadowed by Peterson but faces tough matchups unless he's vs bethel. Funchess also seems like a huge dart throw for cash. I won't argue with paying for arod or the rbs. I guess I'd like to see a game of Pryor before I'm trusting him for cash. I'm also wrong a lot so don't let me sow too much doubt. I'll post my lineup here in a sec.

Mariota- oak can't stop anything, especially tes

D Johnson- lions will give up yards and catches to Dj.

Hyde- Carolina isn't great vs the run, trust workload(for wk 1 anyway) and will be 3 down.

Davante adams- I'll have to see what they are doing with Sherman but assuming he's on jordy. Plan B is pay down for pryor and swap Hyde for gurley, who will also have a good 3 down workload but with a young qb and worse def.

baldwin- shootout vs shaky gb defense

martavis- I think he will get behind the cle def- at least once.

walker- see mariota comments. 

Zuerlein- LA will move vs bad Indy def at home, but maybe some drives stall out. Points will be scored. 

Rams- Indy offense with tolzein will struggle vs wade phillips led defense. 

Are we still using Fantasy Aces for player percentages owned?

Or is there another resource now?

Actually just looked.

Looks like fantasy aces filed for bankruptcy.  Let me do some searching for another source for ownership %'s.

That is 90% of what I use to create a lineup.

Actually just looked.

Looks like fantasy aces filed for bankruptcy.  Let me do some searching for another source for ownership %'s.

That is 90% of what I use to create a lineup.
The site we are on are doing ownership % projections now..

Ok, here's my starting point for the season, one cash L/U & one tournament L/U. Will probably add a few more, but, it's a place to start:

Cash/double-up: QB/ Carr, RB/J. Rodgers & D. Murray, WR/A. Cooper-D. Bryant-A. Jeffrey, TE/G. Olsen, K/M. Meyer, DEF/ PHL

Tournament: QB/D. Prescott, RB/D. Johnson & T. West, WR/D. Bryant-A. Jeffrey-M. Jones Jr., TE/J. Graham, K/G. Zuerlein, DEF/BUF

Can definitely see myself doing a tournament stack of Wilson-Baldwin-Graham with another entry.
Norman shadowing alshon this week, may want to rethink these

Seems like a lot of risky guys in there for cash. Fleener hasn't panned out in NO, did I miss something this preseason to make me think otherwise? He puts up a 4 and walker puts up 7-85-1 you are chasing points. Tate might move around and probably doesn't get shadowed by Peterson but faces tough matchups unless he's vs bethel. Funchess also seems like a huge dart throw for cash. I won't argue with paying for arod or the rbs. I guess I'd like to see a game of Pryor before I'm trusting him for cash. I'm also wrong a lot so don't let me sow too much doubt. I'll post my lineup here in a sec.
Arizona is 28th DVP

once more stats come out ill be able to pick my players by the math instead of relying what coaching are saying and etc.

fleener projected for 8.5 pts..is fine enough for me. Punt the win

Given that Elliott is playing now this week, I've adjusted the previously mentioned cash L/U to this: QB/ Carr, RB/ Zeke/McCaffrey, WR/ Cooper/Baldwin/Decker, K/ M. Myer, DEF/ HOU. Still got a few days to reconsider.

I know Jeffrey is going up against Norman, but, I recall Norman getting beat some last year too. Jeffrey has 3" of height advantage, playing on a young hungry team, and is on a one-year contract, playing for a bigger one after the season. I think he's gonna be highly motivated & get enough targets to make it worthwhile, but, in hindsight, I will say that he's probably a better GPP option than cash option.

Hey guys-

Steve Buzzard is doing his own ownership projections for this season, these are updated a few times a week based on news and any industry chatter that's going on. He has done these for his own play for a few years, and we feel they're some of the best in the industry. For those that don't know Steve he did a building the bankroll article last year for us and is one of the highest volume players in DFS. 

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2017/FanDuel_Ownership_01.pdf

Devin Knotts said:
Hey guys-

Steve Buzzard is doing his own ownership projections for this season, these are updated a few times a week based on news and any industry chatter that's going on. He has done these for his own play for a few years, and we feel they're some of the best in the industry. For those that don't know Steve he did a building the bankroll article last year for us and is one of the highest volume players in DFS. 

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2017/FanDuel_Ownership_01.pdf
@Devin Knotts - these are listed as "mid-size gpp" projections.  I am just curious as to what size of field we are talking about, and how does this translate to the huge ones that we see.  Is it as simple as people getting more an more contrarian as they get bigger, so the guys at the top of that list decrease in ownership %?

How much do these LUs cost?

Seems like it takes the fun out of it (of course, maybe that's why I am not winning much in these things). 
I think when he refers to mid-size he is referring to mid-stakes. High-Stakes GPP ownership tends to change a little bit as people have less entries and play more chalk. 

Let me reach out to Steve and get back to you @KarmaPolice

reel_smooth said:
Given that Elliott is playing now this week, I've adjusted the previously mentioned cash L/U to this: QB/ Carr, RB/ Zeke/McCaffrey, WR/ Cooper/Baldwin/Decker, K/ M. Myer, DEF/ HOU. Still got a few days to reconsider.

I know Jeffrey is going up against Norman, but, I recall Norman getting beat some last year too. Jeffrey has 3" of height advantage, playing on a young hungry team, and is on a one-year contract, playing for a bigger one after the season. I think he's gonna be highly motivated & get enough targets to make it worthwhile, but, in hindsight, I will say that he's probably a better GPP option than cash option.
Aren't the Giants one of the few teams that had success stopping Zeke, or am I thinking about somebody else?

I think when he refers to mid-size he is referring to mid-stakes. High-Stakes GPP ownership tends to change a little bit as people have less entries and play more chalk. 

Let me reach out to Steve and get back to you @KarmaPolice
Thanks, just curious how the #s might translate to what a lot of us in here seem to play - the $1-$5 range. 

15 man league on Fanduel. Treating like cash game.

Rodgers, McCoy, Gurley, AB, Fitz, Kendall Wright, Walker, B. Walsh, Rams D.  

Thoughts?

Thanks, just curious how the #s might translate to what a lot of us in here seem to play - the $1-$5 range. 
Just heard back from Steve. These represent the mid-stakes biggest contests such as the Sunday Million. For the $1-$5 range, typically the top end players will come down a little bit and the lower owned players will go up a little bit depending on the week. 

Overall the story should be relatively the same regarding the highest owned players and the lowest owned players with the % just changing a little bit. 

Just heard back from Steve. These represent the mid-stakes biggest contests such as the Sunday Million. For the $1-$5 range, typically the top end players will come down a little bit and the lower owned players will go up a little bit depending on the week. 

Overall the story should be relatively the same regarding the highest owned players and the lowest owned players with the % just changing a little bit. 
Sounds great. Thanks for the info! 

Gotta ask, since I am seeing cash LUs posted here without Bell and/or DJ.  What is the reasoning for that?  Just curious if there are just other positions that you guys are wanting the money for, or you don't like their situation, or what. 

I just usually fall into the "jam them in" mentality since I figured they are the most likely week in and week out and figured I would get other people's thinking here. 

Thur/Mon Cash LU

Brady, Cook, Bell, Fitz, Pryor, Cooks, Walker, Walsh, Rams

Still working on Sun Only and Sun/Mon.

Aren't the Giants one of the few teams that had success stopping Zeke, or am I thinking about somebody else?
To a point, yes; he had 51 yds & a TD in week 1, 107 yds but no score in the second meeting.

I guess I'm looking at this the same way we saw baseball in that, if you have one guy, even in a cash line-up, with a very high percentage of ownership, you're at the mercy of the rest of your line-up. If you had Bellinger at 1B, and his ownership percentage was well north of 50%, all it took was one of the other guys putting up a '0' and you're SOL. I hope I'm explaining that correctly. That's why I'm trying to find some chalky guys other than DJ & Bell at RB, and looking at mostly mid-tier [price-wise] WR's ........ I dunno; maybe I pivot to McCoy.

One thing's for certain; I'm not stupid enough to blow off other peoples knowledge. So,I'm all ears. As my brother once said, "I may not know everything, but what I do know, is that I don't know everything."

KarmaPolice said:
Gotta ask, since I am seeing cash LUs posted here without Bell and/or DJ.  What is the reasoning for that?  Just curious if there are just other positions that you guys are wanting the money for, or you don't like their situation, or what. 

I just usually fall into the "jam them in" mentality since I figured they are the most likely week in and week out and figured I would get other people's thinking here. 
I think Dj, bell, McCoy, and gurley will all have large workloads. I have some of all these guys. For me, i wanted to broaden my player portfolio, and I could see either of those guys struggling more than we expect. DJ is probably pretty safe, but you're paying top dollar. Bell has been a holdout and is on the road, I'm worried he is sluggish and worried they put it out of reach early and they use backups. 

KarmaPolice said:
Anybody start the week with Smith and Hunt? :oldunsure:
All of my Thursday lineups (4 Gpp, no cash) had smith as my qb, but I had no hunt. It wasn't a kc/ne stack either, I thought he would be chasing points and was hoping for this type of game. Had kelce too, but am sitting in good shape with $$ in all 4.  Now, to watch the rest of my team stink it up. Pretty sure I didn't have hunt in my Dk billionaire challenge, so looks like that ship has sailed.

reel_smooth said:
To a point, yes; he had 51 yds & a TD in week 1, 107 yds but no score in the second meeting.

I guess I'm looking at this the same way we saw baseball in that, if you have one guy, even in a cash line-up, with a very high percentage of ownership, you're at the mercy of the rest of your line-up. If you had Bellinger at 1B, and his ownership percentage was well north of 50%, all it took was one of the other guys putting up a '0' and you're SOL. I hope I'm explaining that correctly. That's why I'm trying to find some chalky guys other than DJ & Bell at RB, and looking at mostly mid-tier [price-wise] WR's ........ I dunno; maybe I pivot to McCoy.

One thing's for certain; I'm not stupid enough to blow off other peoples knowledge. So,I'm all ears. As my brother once said, "I may not know everything, but what I do know, is that I don't know everything."
I completely get what you are saying - I am the one who hated playing cash games in MLB for some of those reasons.  I am just different with the 2 sports just because of the huge # of entries in most of these gpps.  I feel like in NFL you are basically stuck playing more cash.  I had more confidence doing OK in a 10K entry gpp in MLB than I do trying to do anything in these 100K+ entry tourneys for football.  

Also, I don't remember %s for the big names in football getting to the 70%+ #s that I saw with some of the SPs in baseball, or having one position dominate the LU like that one does in NFL either.   Especially with their prices, I don't see either DJ or Bell being much more than 35-40%, but that is just guessing.  I guess what I started doing is thinking of the lines of: "well, DJ and Bell could both be 40% owned, but how many people are going to jam both in?" Maybe 20%, tops?  Then start adding in the rest of the players you like and how many LUs are going to have Rodgers, Bell, DJ, and Walker?  I would guess not many, so even though all might be heavily owned, chances still pretty low that you are fielding teams with a similar core of 4-5 guys. 

I guess I just always start with those 2 just b/c they are about as matchup proof as you can get for cash.  Even if their teams are behind, they are so heavily used in the passing game they rarely have bad weeks.  Can't say that about a lot of the other players and positions.  I was just surprised that I was seeing so few LUs without them, especially with the soft pricing on the WRs since they did salaries so long ago.  Guys like Fitz, Wright, etc.. really free up some space. 

Like you said, just talking out loud here, and I am not claiming to have the answers, I am just curious and trying to slowly get better at this.  Also, I am a little more used to DK so that could be part of it.  A lot easier to jam them in and take guys like Coleman on the cheap in ppr. 

I think Dj, bell, McCoy, and gurley will all have large workloads. I have some of all these guys. For me, i wanted to broaden my player portfolio, and I could see either of those guys struggling more than we expect. DJ is probably pretty safe, but you're paying top dollar. Bell has been a holdout and is on the road, I'm worried he is sluggish and worried they put it out of reach early and they use backups. 

All of my Thursday lineups (4 Gpp, no cash) had smith as my qb, but I had no hunt. It wasn't a kc/ne stack either, I thought he would be chasing points and was hoping for this type of game. Had kelce too, but am sitting in good shape with $$ in all 4.  Now, to watch the rest of my team stink it up. Pretty sure I didn't have hunt in my Dk billionaire challenge, so looks like that ship has sailed.
I thought that was a Sunday contest?

Alex smith at 1.7, 1.6, and 2.1 percent. Brady around 24, gronk at 19%. Hunt 8%.  It would be nice to win a chunk week 1! 

KarmaPolice said:

I'm heavy on stars/scrubs this week. 

Carson Wentz train chooo chooo

The late swap stuff is likely a deal-breaker for me. Extremely doubtful I can commit to being clear mid-afternoon on Sundays. 

You not on board with Wright? 
I have some wright stock, but I think Chicago pounds the rock and tries to keep glennon s attempts closer to 20 than 30. Maybe game script doesn't allow that, and I think wright was clearly the safety valve for a guy who doesn't want to make mistakes with a top draft pick poised to take his job. Buffalo shipped off their top corner and have liabilities there. I have them both in one Gpp, and paid up elsewhere. 

I may rethink my Anderson pick, I think buffalos defense is shaky but white has been good, and why pick any jets? What am I talking myself into?

I don't think it will come into play as much on FD as it does on DK with the flex.  I hardly ever use it. 
The margin beteeen profitability and not is so thin though. And my Sundays are usually crowded. I actually drifted to the Thurs-Mon slates some last year just b/c they suited my schedule -- lock Thursday night so nothing to fool with Sat/Sun 

Snorkelson said:
I may rethink my Anderson pick, I think buffalos defense is shaky but white has been good, and why pick any jets? What am I talking myself into?
Somebody has to catch passes for the Jets - I think Anderson could be a decent, sneaky GPP play. Just my $.02 ..............

Somebody has to catch passes for the Jets - I think Anderson could be a decent, sneaky GPP play. Just my $.02 ..............
I love how everybody's mind works differently.  I thought guys like R.Anderson and Wright for cash and guys like P.Richardson, Sanu/Gabriel, Z.Jones, Goodwin, etc.. as cheap pivots for gpps. 

Tennessee_ATO said:
The late swap stuff is likely a deal-breaker for me. Extremely doubtful I can commit to being clear mid-afternoon on Sundays. 
i hate that fanduel has late swap for football.  appreciated being able to relax and not be actively manage all day. oh well -- will see how it affects me.  Will definitely be playing less volume on days when I can't be watching as close. 

KarmaPolice said:
You not on board with Wright? 
I am liking Wright well enough but would prefer not 100% exposure to him this weekend.  When you're optimizing through footballguys definitely getting him in the wr3 slot a lot. not sure who else i am liking cheap at WR.  Talking myself into some Beasley I think.  

edit: As I've messed with it, direct swap to Robby is nice.  

I love how everybody's mind works differently.  I thought guys like R.Anderson and Wright for cash and guys like P.Richardson, Sanu/Gabriel, Z.Jones, Goodwin, etc.. as cheap pivots for gpps. 
Oh, I have Gabriel & Richardson very much on my GPP radar too. I guess you could make the case for Anderson for both formats as he'll certainly get his looks; just not very confident in his floor due to the Jets QB situation. 

I am liking Wright well enough but would prefer not 100% exposure to him this weekend.  When you're optimizing through footballguys definitely getting him in the wr3 slot a lot. not sure who else i am liking cheap at WR.  Talking myself into some Beasley I think.  

edit: As I've messed with it, direct swap to Robby is nice.  
Liking John Brown & Randall Cobb a lot as a cheap WR in addition to Gabriel & Richardson, mentioned above. All teams have high projected scores. And I just can't get away from feeling like the SEA/GB game is gonna be a real shoot-out. 

Liking John Brown & Randall Cobb a lot as a cheap WR in addition to Gabriel & Richardson, mentioned above. All teams have high projected scores. And I just can't get away from feeling like the SEA/GB game is gonna be a real shoot-out. 
That's another one too.  I was just tinkering with a gpp with Rodgers or Wilson and Cobb+P.Rich at the core. 

Opinions on this for a cash LU??:

Mariota - Bell/DJ - Baldwin/Crabtree/Wright - Hooper or Clay - Walsh - Buff
I like it.  Not excited about the TE, but you have to sacrifice somewhere to get the big guns.  I was just playing around with the following...

Kizer - Bell/DJ - Jones/Fitzgerald/Wright - Witten - Succop - Buffalo

Kizer is sketchy, but he should be playing from behind which may lead to volume and garbage time. I really like Fitz, but not sure I should have him in a lineup with DJ.  It is crazy to have three $9000+ players in a single lineup.

I like it.  Not excited about the TE, but you have to sacrifice somewhere to get the big guns.  I was just playing around with the following...

Kizer - Bell/DJ - Jones/Fitzgerald/Wright - Witten - Succop - Buffalo

Kizer is sketchy, but he should be playing from behind which may lead to volume. I really like Fitz, but not sure I should have him in a lineup with DJ.  It is crazy to have three $9000+ players in a single lineup.
I like that as well.  I have been looking at Kizer/Wentz as an option on DK for cash too b/c the price is so low.  Seems weird, but doesn't need much to reach value, especially with a QB that could get some rush yards. 

I also was having the issue with Fitz and DJ in a cash LU.  Every time I would try to tweak other positions to get in Crabtree for 500 more.  In your case, that would probably get you down to the sub-5K TEs like I am dipping in.  I think somebody of Z.Miller, Hooper, Clay, Engram, Cook could come through, just a matter of deciding who.  Thought Hooper would be a way to get a piece of the high Atl total.    

ETA: another option for you might be to drop down to a 4500 PK and trying somebody like Decker/K.Benj/Crowder at 6500 instead of Fitz.  Dunno, just talking out loud here...

Looking at one of my Thursday Gpp, there are 5 teams that have smith/hunt and 6 that have smith/hunt/reek. Not a bad way to start out the week. A lot of teams that have points played pats like Brady (23%) cooks(18) gronk (18) hogan (16). 

Opinions on this for a cash LU??:

Mariota - Bell/DJ - Baldwin/Crabtree/Wright - Hooper or Clay - Walsh - Buff
I like it-looks alot likemine.

mariota bell/dj fitz/wright/marshall ertz zuerlin rams

and a $1 gpp  wilson gurley/bell baldwin/jordy/jaron brown graham boswell buff

Users who are viewing this thread