What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Streaming Defenses (1 Viewer)

Cincy held the Browns to 17 points in Week 7 last year, with 2 INTs and 2 sacks

Held them to 10 points in Week 14, with 1 INT and 4 sacks.

It's almost an exercise in futility to try and apply those games to this year and expect any degree of correlation, especially with how different the Cleveland offense, but it was hardly a shootout in either of their games last year. Not all star streaming quality, but nothing that will sink you either.
Kizer has been throwing picks left and right and the Steelers sacked him 7 times.

CINCI D was super impressive in lambeau against A. Rodgers.

Dalton also has an excellent track record against CLE. I see Cinci O controlling this game and then the D taking advantage.

Going after this D tonight in waivers and will start over PIT @BALT (where I'm sure jerko Flacco will somehow outperform at home and screw up anyone streaming PIT D).

Kizer has been throwing picks left and right and the Steelers sacked him 7 times.

CINCI D was super impressive in lambeau against A. Rodgers.

Dalton also has an excellent track record against CLE. I see Cinci O controlling this game and then the D taking advantage.

Going after this D tonight in waivers and will start over PIT @BALT (where I'm sure jerko Flacco will somehow outperform at home and screw up anyone streaming PIT D).
I would like to do this but don't want to drop Pitt def or anyone off my roster.  I think the odds are just as good flacco continues to suck.  Baltimore offense is pretty toothless

I would like to do this but don't want to drop Pitt def or anyone off my roster.  I think the odds are just as good flacco continues to suck.  Baltimore offense is pretty toothless
Think Baltimore, at home, will be highly motivated for a division matchup.

Steelers on the road just aint the same team. Chicago ran ALL over them. 

Dropped Philadelphia for Cincinnati... if Minnesota is there next week I'll likely roll with them for a while. I like their schedule 

Think Baltimore, at home, will be highly motivated for a division matchup.

Steelers on the road just aint the same team. Chicago ran ALL over them. 
Seemed to me the Steelers were more interested in political stances and what they were doing for the anthem than playing football

I usually stay away from Lions D even if it's looking good, because I just don't like the omens in using them, but they have a seriously misfiring Carolina in week 5, and I don't think Keenum goes off anything like he did last week, in the upcoming matchup. Lions defensive backs have looked like a very good unit so far - Slay is playing his best football right now and making big plays, Lawson and Diggs have been very solid, Quin has been excellent and Kilebrew has made some leaps and bounds in year 2, covering safety and some linebacker duty. 

Just cant see Keenum throwing for large yards again, and if he tries then we might see a turnover or two. He is who he has appeared to be across many years. 

The front line has been solid in getting pressure on the QB. We had some luck with Zettel returning to the game after looking like he had got a bad injury. In conjunction with Ansah, they have been a decent set of DE's with Robinson looking like he's turning into a fine player in the middle. 

As @BobbyLayne said, much rests on Jarrad Davis being fit. Linebacker is our Achilles heel where we are weakest, with next to no depth. Davis has risen to the challenge admirably, taking on a lot of responsibility from the get go. If he misses out, it drags Whitehead into a position where he is poor and sees other poorer players having to take more snaps. 

Oline is where ore we are suffering some injuries just now. I could see this weeks game being a relatively low scoring match, much like last year. 

Whilst we cannot keep up this rate of big turnover, I think we'd be a pretty solid pickup for he next two weeks. 

I like the call of Cincy though, and may go that way this week.

I wasn't planning to stream D's but does anyone feel the Ravens D is droppable? First two weeks i thought I hit the jackpot but they killed me week 3 and now their schedule looks awful rest of season. Thinking of dropping them, picking up Cinci and streaming from here on out. Crazy?

I wasn't planning to stream D's but does anyone feel the Ravens D is droppable? First two weeks i thought I hit the jackpot but they killed me week 3 and now their schedule looks awful rest of season. Thinking of dropping them, picking up Cinci and streaming from here on out. Crazy?
I'm holding Baltimore in the league I have them

I prefer home teams when streaming defenses so I'm thinking about the Falcons this week against the Bills.  The Bills are 0-1 on the road (Carolina) and were held to 3 points and 176 total yards - if you scoring system gives points for points allowed and total yardage, this might be a good play.  Plus, the Bills will surely be playing from behind providing many sack opportunities.

I prefer home teams when streaming defenses so I'm thinking about the Falcons this week against the Bills.  The Bills are 0-1 on the road (Carolina) and were held to 3 points and 176 total yards - if you scoring system gives points for points allowed and total yardage, this might be a good play.  Plus, the Bills will surely be playing from behind providing many sack opportunities.
Good thoughts here, about taking a home D and considering ATL this weekend. The one thing I would be wary of with the Falcons is that their pass D is generally a little more effective than their run D, and without Vic Beasley, they become a little more susceptible against the run at the second level.

Facing a guy like Shady, that's a little dangerous regardless of how anemic overall the Bills O can look in general.

If teams like CIN, PHI, GB, or the Vikes are there, I'd feel safer. 

Good thoughts here, about taking a home D and considering ATL this weekend. The one thing I would be wary of with the Falcons is that their pass D is generally a little more effective than their run D, and without Vic Beasley, they become a little more susceptible against the run at the second level.

Facing a guy like Shady, that's a little dangerous regardless of how anemic overall the Bills O can look in general.

If teams like CIN, PHI, GB, or the Vikes are there, I'd feel safer. 
Agreed - I would feel much more confident if Vic Beasley was playing.

I'm going with Jacksonville this week. Good match up curious as to what they offer ROS. Hold Denver on my bench for week 4. Don't usually carry two D's, but I am for now.

Thinking the Niners can get to Palmer and force some mistakes this week. They were dropped after giving a trillion points to the Rams, but now they have 10 days rest.

Thinking the Niners can get to Palmer and force some mistakes this week. They were dropped after giving a trillion points to the Rams, but now they have 10 days rest.
I would think there has to be someone better out there on waivers. I just picked up Palmer to stream at home against SF.

How about the Pats for a one week flyer? They should get a nice lead on Carolina forcing Cam to pass. Cam has taken a lot of sacks lately. The Pats will most likely take CMC out of the game leaving only Funchess and Samuel to throw to and maybe Dickson. I know the Pats passing D is atrocious this year but Cam has no accuracy and threw three picks against the Saints putrid pass D last week. It's between the Packers and the Pats for me this week. Not sure which way to lean.

Picked up the Bengals and Packers this morning in 2 different leagues.

I usually like taking defenses at home, but the Bengals should be decent going against Kizer and the Browns. Packers have a really good matchup at home against the Bears on a short week.

Picked up the Bengals and Packers this morning in 2 different leagues.

I usually like taking defenses at home, but the Bengals should be decent going against Kizer and the Browns.
Burfict is also back with Bengals this week.

They haven't scored a lot of points but the Titans seem to have a pretty nice schedule coming up. @Texans, @Miami, Colts, @Browns, Ravens

Own the Rams in two leagues, but don't want to start them against Dallas. So I picked up Jax in one league, Cinci in another. What I like is that both have a good chance at getting a lot of sacks, Jax because their D-line is good, Cinci because they're playing Cleveland (Kizer tends to hold the ball). I feel like sacks are the most predictable part of a D match-up, with INTs a distant second and points-allowed/fumbles way down the list (also return TDs if your league includes those). That is to say, if I'm streaming a D, give me the one I know has a good chance of getting to the QB ... unless Matt Schaub comes out of retirement, in which case I'll take that match-up and bet my kids' college savings on a pick-six.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed out on Jax and Cincinnati. GB it is! I don't hate it. Thursday home game against dink and dunk Glennon. 
Missed out on Cinci myself. Somebody dropped AZ though.

Have to pick between PIT @BAL or AZ vs SF.

Leaning AZ. Difficult for me to see Hoyer leading much of an attack in AZ. If it was in SF, I'd be a little gunshy.

Cinci, Jacksonville, and Green Bay all gone in my league.  Looking at AZ at home to Hoyer and the boys.  Tennesse @ Houston is available as well, but Tennessee hasn't done much and doesn't seem to have the same level of talent that the Cardinals do.

Also, per earlier discussion, I cut Baltimore in one league as I can't see myself starting them this week against Pittsburgh (even at home, especially after they got railed by Bortles - Ben's road splits be damned), nor can I see myelf starting them in week 5 against Oakland.  I'm not holding a backup D for 3 weeks.

Man, looking at the Titans schedule it looks sooo tempting. But it’s like they built that defense to stop their offense. Great front 7. It’s a passing league, and FA + 1st rounder hasn’t made their backfield that much stronger. It’s a passing league.

Picked up Detroit, I’m hopping off Streaming RoW. Philadelphia is my base D & I feel like it’s a good pairing for a committee.

Dallas, Washington, Tampa Bay, & the Bills all seem like they could be good enough to pair up with another DT. I have really strong starters so I think I’ll carry two, something I seldom do. GLA

Decided to just go with Minnesota. Kind of tired of streaming but maybe ill change my mind and grab GB tomorrow. 

Somebody dropped phili last night.  Better play than Pitt?  I really don't want to drop Pitt or carry 2 def though. Next week I have to carry 2 kickers cause Bryant has a bye and I ain't dropping him.  Guess I answered my own question. :lmao:

Got the Bengals.  Playing them over AZ I guess.  Mostly it was a preemptive move so my opponent didn't get them or the Jags

Somebody dropped phili last night.  Better play than Pitt?  I really don't want to drop Pitt or carry 2 def though. Next week I have to carry 2 kickers cause Bryant has a bye and I ain't dropping him.  Guess I answered my own question. :lmao:
I'm in the same predicament.  I want to play Steelers this week but like Titans upcoming schedule but next week I have to cover Bryant.   

Not to put the cart ahead of the horse but are people looking to week 5 at all? What do they like? Had GB for this week and I have roster space to grab a FA Defense now to avoid missing on them for FAAB

Dr. Dan said:
Not to put the cart ahead of the horse but are people looking to week 5 at all? What do they like? Had GB for this week and I have roster space to grab a FA Defense now to avoid missing on them for FAAB
Min at chicago

Grabbed Tampa vs NYG but I'm getting cold feet now with all the injuries. Might scoop up Philly vs LAC who also has a nice stretch of games after that too.

Arizona

@Caro

Was

SF

Picked up KC off the wire, I like them against Houston in week 5 and also just kind of generally. They always seem to have a solid defense.

This is pretty much a blah weekend of matchups on paper. GB ended up pretty good on TNF, after that it's CIN,then  not so sure. And that CLE game even feels iffy to me, it's in CLE and the Browns need that game as badly as the Bengals. I'm watching Carolina as a matchup looking forward. Newton did not look good against the Saints, I don't know how a QB reaches a point where he gives up 4 sacks and 3 picks to the Saints but that was Newt last week. If they dive again vs the Pats, it's worth noting for future reference. The Panthers are very lucky Benjamin is coming back, that  helps them a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread