What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you were going to re-do your single 20s, where would you live and why? (1 Viewer)

I was never single in my 20's. Started dating my wife when I was 19, got engaged when I was 20, and got married when I was 21. Wouldn't change anything other than making better financial decisions the first 10 years of our marriage.

Sorry, I know that's not the answer you were looking for. 

I was never single in my 20's. Started dating my wife when I was 19, got engaged when I was 20, and got married when I was 21. Wouldn't change anything other than making better financial decisions the first 10 years of our marriage.

Sorry, I know that's not the answer you were looking for. 
Same except engaged at 23, married at 25. 

I would have moved from Phoenix to New York City to bartend. I was a bartender in Arizona for quite awhile, but if I would have know how awesome NY is, I would have packed up and headed east.

Oh Lord. Best 'singles' year of my life was year of grad school in Miami. Came back north for gf I did not marry. Has all worked out BUT.....

Would have gone to an SEC school for college to get stupid partying then to New York City for some "refined culture". Stayed in So Cal instead so still great 

Definitely would travel more.  I stuck too close to home, so a redo would probably have me doing the opposite and going to Europe or South America. 

Lived two years in SF, the rest in NYC. Traveled a bit, got a masters, worked some cool crazy jobs, had lots of sex with lots of lovely ladies. 

Wouldn't change a thing.

I was never single in my 20's. I had my first kid a month before I turned 20. Married two years later. I will turn 40 next year and also have my 7th child. I fell pretty lucky I found my true love at a young age so we could spend all this time together making babies.

I had a great early 20's.  Maybe I go somewhere else for school.

I really had/have no desire to travel

Same place I lived.  In Ann Arbor Michigan. Had a great time in my early 20s there and was where I met my wife.

Always viewed my early years as the earning years for when I got older.

The last big place on my checkoff list is the Coliseum in Rome.

As for the OP, I'd love to say Vegas but I'd have been dead before my thirties.  I didn't have much of a governor back then.

My only regret is not buying in any of the places i lived - Santa Fe, Sonoma, Manhattan - in my 20s. I'd be set now.

My youngest daughter traveled some in college, including with us on vacations to Europe or on her own.  She then graduated from college, worked for a year and saved.  Company liked her so much they are letting her take a 6 month leave of absence.  She is leaving in 2 weeks for 2 months traveling all over Europe and then another 2 months in Southeast Asia.  Will be meeting lots of friends, some are hosting her etc but she is also doing the airbnb and hostel route.  I think she is doing it right.  Wife is super nervous about it, and we are debating about which countries need to be crossed off the list as not safe for a good looking blue eyed American girl to be traveling alone.  

Users who are viewing this thread