What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Underrated Bands (1 Viewer)

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
Name some bands (that the rest of us would recognize) who you feel don't get enough credit.  For me, it's Blind Melon.  They only had one hit, but every one of their 3 albums is excellent from beginning to end.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Name some bands (that the rest of us would recognize) who you feel doesn't get enough credit.  For me, it's Blind Melon.  They only had one hit, but every one of their 3 albums is excellent from beginning to end.   
Blind Melon is pretty overrated.

How does the OP break his own rules right in the first post?

Silversun Pickups, Joywave, AFI,  The Dirty Heads are a few that come to mind. Im sure I'll edit and add more as I think of some.  

Good call on Blind Melon, and Morphine.

I'll go with Spoon.

They are somewhat popular and have a lot of songs in soundtracks and such, but their music is so catchy I always thought they could easily be a smash-hit on the radio as well. They really haven't written a bad album, either. 

Sadly, and about this band. They were on Dischord records. Ian MacKaye, upon being asked if they were selling out by leaving the label said something to the effect of "Hey, if you're on DIschord, you want to cut your own record. I've always found that to be the impetus of Dischord. I can't see why anyone would want to be in a band and not cut their own record."

Just. Ian saying it hurt Jawbox so much. 

Jurassic 5

Not a band but Beck is pretty much a genius

The Helio Sequence

And, I'll second the Spoon nomination
Spoons a little tough, because yeah- they should be bigger given how consistently good they are. But they're also pretty universally loved and rated highly by people who like non-pop... not that the FFA is a macrocosm of things, but their albums are always near our The top of our annual album polls (and most non-pop polls)

Spoons a little tough, because yeah- they should be bigger given how consistently good they are. But they're also pretty universally loved and rated highly by people who like non-pop... not that the FFA is a macrocosm of things, but their albums are always near our The top of our annual album polls (and most non-pop polls)
Agreed regarding the Spoon love in the FFA, but I'm assuming the OP was referring to the general population.

I went to a Spoon show last week and whenever I told anyone in the days leading up to the show who I was seeing I got a blank stare.  Now, I do live in Utah, so maybe take that with a grain of Salt Lake, but I don't think they have a wide following in the general population.  

Agreed regarding the Spoon love in the FFA, but I'm assuming the OP was referring to the general population.

I went to a Spoon show last week and whenever I told anyone in the days leading up to the show who I was seeing I got a blank stare.  Now, I do live in Utah, so maybe take that with a grain of Salt Lake, but I don't think they have a wide following in the general population.  
I'm going to the Spoon show on the 1st out here. But I just realized, oh crap. Quicksand. 

Definitely. And really should be better known. But music media (non-pop) end of year lists always have them up really high... that's more what I'm talking about, especially in terms of being "underrated".

Then again, it's not like alt music sites don't usually love YLT too. Just seems less.

Users who are viewing this thread