Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dnurk

Myles Garrett

Did a search and couldn't find a thread dedicated to him.  Looks like he's a go this week and after waiting 4 weeks I'm super excited to see him in his first regular season game. 

Anybody else starting him him right out of the gate?  I'm thinking 5 tackles, 2 assists and a sack. Something along that line....

Edited by dnurk

starting him in my 16 team league (start 3 DL) but my only other choice is Henry Anderson)

will be happy with some combination of 5 tackles + sacks since I think he will be on a snap count

4 hours ago, Six-Burgh Steelers said:

Not sure if you can edit the title. 

Myles Garrett. 

This stud deserves proper spelling of his name. You probably fell victim to spell check... 

Thank you, kind sir.   Autocorrect did indeed screw me over. 

Good game and I will be curious to see his snap count.  Sky's the limit for this young man when he gets healthy. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, dnurk said:

Thank you, kind sir.   Autocorrect did indeed screw me over. 

Good game and I will be curious to see his snap count.  Sky's the limit for this young man when he gets healthy. 

I read he played about 20 snaps but not official

11 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

I read he played about 20 snaps but not official

He didn't get many.

You could see that he is still hampered by his ankle and wasn't coming off blocks as well as he will when he's healthy.

The first sack  was a stunt inside where he looped around the DT to the OG who was too flat footed to contend with his burst so he never got a hand on him.

The second he got 'lucky' where the QB ran towards him as he was engaged with the OT and he fell on him while still engaged with the OT's block.

You could see the ankle really bothered him when he had perfect position to seal the edge and he also had the angle but couldn't make the play and only strung it out.  He also had another play where his ankle was obviously keeping him out of the action.

Bottom line.

Right now the kid isn't near 100%.  I was shocked at the move he made on the first sack but he didn't have to fight off and shed a block.  That play showed a ton about what he will bring to the table but we haven't seen the real Myles Garrett yet.  I am not sure when we'll see him completely healthy but right now he is still hampered by his ankle and I would expect limited snap counts.

Edited by Bracie Smathers
  • Like 3

PFF grade..

“Garrett (49.3 game grade) seemed to be on a pitch-count and noticeably favoring his ankle. He registered two sacks but was largely ineffective on other plays, earning a run defensive grade of just 45.2 and failing to make an impact any of his 13 other pass rushes.”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000864580/article/browns-dc-williams-were-turning-myles-garrett-loose

Browns DC Williams: We're turning Myles Garrett loose

...we still haven't gotten the full-blown Myles Garrett Experience in the NFL.

That changes Sunday, according to Gregg Williams.

"He played well (versus Houston) and he played dominant in a lot of phases, and you're going to see him play more this week," the Browns defensive coordinator said Friday. "It was the next step and I was holding my breath it wasn't going to set him back, and it hasn't set him back. He's had a very good week of practice, so we're turning him loose."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zyphros said:

His 19 points were on my bench :( 

Same with Darren Lee's 24 :(

Luckily I still won by 106 points ha

Not judging, just curious. Why didn't you start Garrett? 

5 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Not judging, just curious. Why didn't you start Garrett? 

I started Everson Griffin and Yannick Ngakoue instead.  I'm not good at this IDP thing is the main reason though.  

• Like 2