What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What makes you happy? (1 Viewer)

lakerstan

Footballguy
The holiday season is upon us and I've found that the act of giving and charity really brings me happiness (I see you - get your mind out of the gutter for a second). 

I'm not on the top of the FBG food chain and I don't have a lot of Bitcoin (I was able to mine .000061 of a bitcoin in 2012), but I have a pretty good life and feel good when I can help others.

What really makes you happy?

The holiday season is upon us and I've found that the act of giving and charity really brings me happiness (I see you - get your mind out of the gutter for a second). 

I'm not on the top of the FBG food chain and I don't have a lot of Bitcoin (I was able to mine .000061 of a bitcoin in 2012), but I have a pretty good life and feel good when I can help others.

What really makes you happy?
Just made a large (for me) over 5-year pledge to my high school rowing program that is starting its own endowment. The program has done a ton for me and my work ethic over my life time, couldn't be happier to give back to something with real meaning to me when asked to step up. Never donated to anything close to this magnitude in my life, but I'm in a position to currently so I was happy to do so. Only to find out after I made my pledge that my employer matches 200%, I had no idea when I made the pledge. Really put me in the Christmas spirit.

when i walk in the door every night, my dog runs around the house like a spaz until she can find a shoe. any shoe, wife's, mine, doesn't matter. she wiggles and dances around the place with the shoe in her mouth the whole time, until i invite her up on the couch. then she jumps up with the shoe and presents it to me like it was the best gift she could think to bring. in those 2-3 minutes, nothing matters except her, and it makes me happy. smiling just thinking about it. 

also, whiskey. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My pet who is glued to me and loves giving kisses, helping people and knowing I made a difference, good food, holding at end stage 3 cancer despite terrible ses . (So far so good)

Nice family time.

Getting tasks done regularly

When my wife is a horn dog.

Seeing my kids grow up

Music

My job

Skiing

Golfing

Fishing

Hunting

BS with friends

A nice dinner

A massage

Going fast in a car

Giving

Helping others reach their goals

My kids laughing/enjoying themselves

Spending time with my dad

Grilling anything

Quiet alone time

Laughter of a child

Smile of a beautiful woman

Solitude of a trail

Spicy food

Breathing, hearing, seeing, touching the wonders of nature, be it an Alpine lake, wide open desert sky, Appalachian forest, or 13k foot peak (no 14er yet)

Watching my kids play soccer. I never would’ve guessed watching them do something they clearly love would feel so damn good. It has brought tears to my eyes at times. 

Watching my son grow up. Living vicariously through his successes.

Working with my pre-k kids, they are awesome ( the part of my job i like). Very diverse environment, nothing better than connecting with and having an impact on these innocent kids.

Mental stimulation: good TV/movies, good books (most important), stimulating discussion (so rare) of any topic including politics/religion. Close to impossible to obtain and typically frowned on, plus it's impossible (for me at least) to find anyone sufficiently informed.

The challenge of Fantasy football. Pathetic yes, but I've loved football since 4th grade and at my age it's the only competitive pursuit available. 

Improving my home.

Holidays when everyone is happy.

When my world view is validated. This makes me most happy: when I see civilization advancing, when I can trust that humanity is moving towards preservation of the species. Its hard for me to be happy now obviously, we are in a valley of human progression, hopefully it's just a valley, this remains to be seen. 

Seeing very bad, amoral people get justice. Justice makes me happy. I hope to see justice enacted over the next 3 years.

Knowing that when I die, the racism and manipulation and mind games and infidelity and poor fatherhood that my dad gave me will die with me, because I am NOT passing that to my children.

THAT makes me happy and content. 

Living where I want to live.  Beachside Florida for me.

My wife and all she has done for me and our family.  I managed to choose wisely.

Good food.  Especially when I make it and make others happy with it.

Playing pool.  Every Tuesday night.

Watching what my sons have become.

Watching Star Wars.  Really excited for this Thursday night.

Ice cold beer.

I think that's a pretty good list.  Probably left stuff off, but those are the big things off the top of my head.

family time, usually hiking, playing in the playground or board games

Moments when I realize my kids are actually really good people

Music

Learning new parts of my job

Running

Biking

The beach

Good beer

Helping others

Spending time with my daughter
This most of all

The older I get, the more the simple things in life make me happy.

I'm 20 ft up an oak tree right now hoping a deer or two come by. It's 24 degrees, no wind. 

Bliss

Last edited by a moderator:
This most of all

The older I get, the more the simple things in life make me happy.

I'm 20 up an oak tree right now hoping a deer or come by. It's 24 degrees, no wind. 

Bliss
4G gives hunting a whole different experience doesn't it?

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,

These are a few of my favorite things.

Users who are viewing this thread