What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2018 Packer's Thread (1 Viewer)

Time to fie up a new one.

We have Scheduled Opponents out and based upon 2017 results (I know, very subject to argumentation) the Packers have the Leagues toughest schedule.

We have Stephen A. Smith trying to stir up controversy over Aaron Rodgers

We have Aaron dating Danica Patrick.

We have questions as to value versus production for contacts on Cobb, Nelson, Mathews, and Bulaga.

We are drafting last of the 7-9 teams.

We have a new defensive coordinator and we have Philbin back.

Me, I need to get the taste of the wasted 2017 season out of my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Packers have turned the page and moved in a great direction. I think the GM and DC moves were 2 years too late, but better late then never. I LOVE this coaching staff, and I think we have some quality young talent that did not reach it's full potential last year due to coaching. Add this to the fact that the division winner MINNESOTA is vulnerable and has their QB in limbo. Personally, I hope the Vikes go cheap and go with KEENUM in 2018 because I think last year was a mirage. 

The Packers are a good draft, and a GOOD DC away from taking this division back in 2018. If you have Rodgers AND a middle of the road defense in the playoffs you have a great shot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Freddie Carr, #53, before mad Dog Douglass became #53.  I loved your game.  Seemed you were everywhere, always in on tackles, a tackling machine.  RIP, I will remember you fondly. 

Given the chance to pick one out of Williams or Jones, which RB should I be looking to get?  Jones passes the eye-ball test to me and while Williams also looked good in some action he appears to have the edge in pass-pro.  What say you guys?

Given the chance to pick one out of Williams or Jones, which RB should I be looking to get?  Jones passes the eye-ball test to me and while Williams also looked good in some action he appears to have the edge in pass-pro.  What say you guys?
Total speculation with the return of Philbin.  I am speculating against others that as much as he likes pass catchers and quick throws that maybe Montgomery may not be going back to W.R. as some talking heads have postulated.  To me this is wide open right now. 

Thank you Ted Thompson.  

For those so anxious to see him gone just a simple reminder that the Thompson way of doing business got us four compensatory picks this year.  Yes he had successes and misses, but overall he was better than most GM's drafting from a very handicapped spot no less, and as his final gift to us, thee four picks which should allow the new regime a chance to make moves this draft. 

Also as a parting gift he sign Devante Adams to what, after the Jarvis Landry deal in Miami, looks to be an extraordinarily good contract, and it turns out he was vindicated on the Sitton non-deal.  The man was an underappreciated giant.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/03/graham-harrell-tasked-with-reviving-usc-offense-with-some-air-raid-flair/

When Graham was a backup quarterback in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers, he shook his head at the size of the playbooks for the West Coast offense run by then-coach Mike McCarthy. Each play-call looked like an entire paragraph. Graham found it mostly burdened the quarterbacks.

“I used to tell them all the time, ‘If you pay me enough money, I’ll simplify this whole thing for you and make it a lot easier,’” Graham recounted last week. “They didn’t like that. It was like a badge of honor that they could remember a paragraph. I’m like, ‘Well, it’s great that you can remember the paragraph, but I can’t remember the paragraph and neither can anyone in here. So you’re not doing us any favors.’”

Users who are viewing this thread