What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 Dolphins Thread *** That's a wrap...now what do we do with the #5 pick? (1 Viewer)

Don't overlook the Giants who currently have the 2 based on SOS ... the ROS schedules. 

CIN::     NYJ - @Cle - NE - @Mia - Cle

• don't think they'll win.. best shot Miami
NYG::   GB - @Phi - Mia - @Was - Phi

• 1 maybe 2 wins... Miami and WAS
MIA::    Phi - @NYJ - @NYG - Cin - @NE

• 1 maybe 2 wins. NYG Cin
WAS::  @Car - @GB - Phi - NYG - @Dal

• maybe 1 win best shot is NYG.

Cin in the 1 spot.. very real possibility Miami ends up with the 3 or 4.  

Don't overlook the Giants who currently have the 2 based on SOS ... the ROS schedules. 

CIN::     NYJ - @Cle - NE - @Mia - Cle

• don't think they'll win.. best shot Miami
NYG::   GB - @Phi - Mia - @Was - Phi

• 1 maybe 2 wins... Miami and WAS
MIA::    Phi - @NYJ - @NYG - Cin - @NE

• 1 maybe 2 wins. NYG Cin
WAS::  @Car - @GB - Phi - NYG - @Dal

• maybe 1 win best shot is NYG.

Cin in the 1 spot.. very real possibility Miami ends up with the 3 or 4.  
Time to see if Rosen has improved to at least be a decent backup QB. He's cheap, but maybe he's not even a good backup. 

Slapdash said:
Pitt's record looks miles better than they do, but Fitz looks like the real deal.  Shame Flores couldn't work it out with him
Fitz did not want to be here. What is shame is they passed on Lamar Jackson for what ended up a malcontent.

TripleThreat said:
With Dalton back perhaps the team plays with a little more heart.
G-Men will beat us. And probably beat the Skins. 

And the Bengals will beat us. No doubt in my mind we do not win another game all season. I am 99.99% on it.

Cinci is 0-11, they would need to win a game before they play us, beat us and then we could go 2-14 and take the No 1 spot...we still might win a game or two. 

Miami 2-9...probably No 2 pick is as bad as we can do...or as good as we can do, not sure how to frame that. 

Washington 2-9 and they beat us

Atlanta 3-8

Arizona 3-7-1

Detroit 3-7-1

Denver 3-8

I would prefer Miami NOT leapfrog this bottom 4-5 teams and end up with the No 6 pick let's say, that would be a disaster IMO. 

-Pitt won again today, 6-5 now...Fitz trade is looking more like a MId 1st, not as good as I had hoped when Pitt was 0-3. 
Cinci 1-11 now and still has a vice grip on the No 1 spot. Seeing how Dalton was benched and they have nothing of substance behind him, and even though he might own the all time Cinci Passing TD mark for career, they're still almost 100% going to grab a QB, if they aren't they're getting like 3 1st and a couple 2nd rounders for it and nobody has that kind of bargaining power, right?

New York Giants 2-10, should they end up with the No 1 pick they are going to be in a World of hurt...because Daniel Jones was sold as "The Franchise QB" and yet I'm not sure I could pass up a QB and they might have to convince people that 2 will eventually lead to one but they have a lot of holes, most of their skill positions are actually rock solid, just need some depth. They would be much better served along their OL/DL area but this is where they are at and it's hard to see them any better than 3-13, 4-12 right now. They're going to be in the mix for 1-2-3 overall type pick after picking 6th last year. 

Miami 3-9...Feels like everyone down here decided to try winning today including Miami. 

Washington 3-9, Beat Carolina today, the Panthers are wishing they were 2-10 right now, trust me. 

Atlanta 3-9, What if they just go into hibernation the rest of the way and finish like 3-13 with the No 2 overall pick? When is time to not pay $35 Million for a QB that doesn't put Wins on the Table? What could you trade Matt Ryan to another team for? At least Two 1st round picks? I'm not sure because of his age and kind of set in his ways. 

Detroit 3-8-1, that's like half a game better than these other folks. 

Arizona 3-8-1, likely after today. 

Denver 4-8, Beating the Chargers as I'm posting this

NY Jets 4-8, Lost to the Stink'n Bengals today. 

Miami is somewhere in the Top 5 still and I have to say that I'm not in a hurry for FitzMagic to run out the door right now. I think he could be a great mentor. Nobody is going to pay him starter money so he can either go compete on the bottom 2-3 teams and start for 3-4 weeks but in the end it would be best for his to take a good paying back up job, Miami should give him another 1 year deal for like $8-$10M because they got boatloads to spend and this guy can help mentor whoever they draft, maybe take the field for the first month while the kid learns what it's like. 

I'm a big proponent fo sitting a good chunk if not all of a Rookie QB's season, very rarely does it work out lining up under Center Week 1. And I can point to a ton of guys who are and will go down as all time greats who didn't play a lot when they first entered the NFL. There's exceptions but a lot of times it's best if they sit for a bit. 

After burning down the house sort of speak, after today Miami is only 2 games less in the Win column than the Philadelphia Eagles who won the Super Bowl just a couple years ago. That just seems impossible right now. 

Maybe we really got a great hire as Head Coach...McVay in LA, Shanny in SF, those are the top two hires in the last few seasons I would say. If he can even come close by Year 3-4 we would be sitting pretty. I'm optimistic about Flores at this point. 

Cinci 1-11 now and still has a vice grip on the No 1 spot. Seeing how Dalton was benched and they have nothing of substance behind him, and even though he might own the all time Cinci Passing TD mark for career, they're still almost 100% going to grab a QB, if they aren't they're getting like 3 1st and a couple 2nd rounders for it and nobody has that kind of bargaining power, right?

New York Giants 2-10, should they end up with the No 1 pick they are going to be in a World of hurt...because Daniel Jones was sold as "The Franchise QB" and yet I'm not sure I could pass up a QB and they might have to convince people that 2 will eventually lead to one but they have a lot of holes, most of their skill positions are actually rock solid, just need some depth. They would be much better served along their OL/DL area but this is where they are at and it's hard to see them any better than 3-13, 4-12 right now. They're going to be in the mix for 1-2-3 overall type pick after picking 6th last year. 

Miami 3-9...Feels like everyone down here decided to try winning today including Miami. 

Washington 3-9, Beat Carolina today, the Panthers are wishing they were 2-10 right now, trust me. 

Atlanta 3-9, What if they just go into hibernation the rest of the way and finish like 3-13 with the No 2 overall pick? When is time to not pay $35 Million for a QB that doesn't put Wins on the Table? What could you trade Matt Ryan to another team for? At least Two 1st round picks? I'm not sure because of his age and kind of set in his ways. 

Detroit 3-8-1, that's like half a game better than these other folks. 

Arizona 3-8-1, likely after today. 

Denver 4-8, Beating the Chargers as I'm posting this

NY Jets 4-8, Lost to the Stink'n Bengals today. 

Miami is somewhere in the Top 5 still and I have to say that I'm not in a hurry for FitzMagic to run out the door right now. I think he could be a great mentor. Nobody is going to pay him starter money so he can either go compete on the bottom 2-3 teams and start for 3-4 weeks but in the end it would be best for his to take a good paying back up job, Miami should give him another 1 year deal for like $8-$10M because they got boatloads to spend and this guy can help mentor whoever they draft, maybe take the field for the first month while the kid learns what it's like. 

I'm a big proponent fo sitting a good chunk if not all of a Rookie QB's season, very rarely does it work out lining up under Center Week 1. And I can point to a ton of guys who are and will go down as all time greats who didn't play a lot when they first entered the NFL. There's exceptions but a lot of times it's best if they sit for a bit. 
Fitzpatrick has a 2 year deal. Do we give him a 3rd year extension is the question.  He just turned 37.

Also, we should consider picking the best available player. And trading down.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/ryan-fitzpatrick-1336/

No to the extension for Fitz (unless there’s a no penalty out)  though I Definitely want him on the team starting and mentoring a rookie.  
However, there’s no better time to extend Parker. 

I love how the players are fighting for Flo. 

Glad we didn’t give up on Parker. Would be tough watching him do this in another uniform after all the growing pains we went through. Light has gone on for Gesicki too. 

Fitzpatrick has a 2 year deal. Do we give him a 3rd year extension is the question.  He just turned 37.

Also, we should consider picking the best available player. And trading down.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/ryan-fitzpatrick-1336/
You are correct, good info. No I would not extend but actually am thankful we got him fairly cheap to lead us into next season until the future arrives. I'm not totally done with Rosen and I think another year under this coaching staff and I at least want to see him enter camp in a Miami uniform, even if he is fighting for a roster spot or 3rd string, let's see some more. He flashed some skills but then I also think he didn't have all that much around him, Fitz can take cardboard cutouts of players and hit them 15 yards down the field for first downs, the guy is ridiculous. I'm not sure if he is helping or hurting us, we could have signed any number of dead beats but they thought this guy was a shoe in for failure with nothing around him, that backfired. 

Seriously, these wins are not all that good right now but it does show the coaching staff might be a potential great bunch of folks. I hope we don't lose a lot of them in the off season however I think Flores might attract some bigger names, Caldwell has been absent I think but eventually he will have his hand in this as well. We really haven't seen good coaching since Shula, let's be honest. Jimmy Johnson was not as interested in coaching when he came to Miami, he came to retire and force Shula into retirement, we've been cursed ever since. 

Projections...

Cincinnati 2-14/3-13, it really boils down to if they can beat Miami and perhaps split with Cleveland which seems possible, they have 3 more winnable games on the schedule. 

Miami They play for 2 weeks in New York vs Jets and Giants, anything could happen before they play Cinci. I could see them competing in all 3 of those games but I bet they are going to win 4-5 at this point. It's also hard to see them winning on the road in the cold with no running game. Patrick Laird? Not sure that will cut it with 10 carries for 4 yds.

New York Giants-They have some games that are winnable but at the same time teams view them as a pushover too, especially on defense. 3-13/4-12, even with Miami, Skins again and Philly twice. 

Washington: 4-12, they play the NFC East again, all of them plus a loss @GB, they can squeak a win out vs somebody in that weak division. 

Atlanta: 5-11, they close with Jax and TB plus SF and Carolina, I think they can salvage 2 more wins. 

Arizona 3-12-1, they close with Pitt, Cle, @ Sea and @LAR, they will likely lose them all. Can they draft another franchise QB and admit they made a mistake hiring Kliff Kingsbury? I didn't think so. 

There's a few others in the 3-4 win range, most of them will grab another game or two, Detroit could stay down and lose them out with no offense. Worst case scenario

1. Cincinnati 2-14

2. NY Giants 3-13

3. Arizona 3-12-1

4. Detroit 3-12-1

5. Washington 4-12

6. Atlanta 4-12

7. New York Jets 5-11

8. Miami Dolphins 5-11

It could go down like that...scary after all that tanking if they are only in the top 10

Well it’s not ideal if they draft later obviously, but aside from finding a coaching staff (hopefully), they also are finding some guys who look like they can play. I get it, finding the franchise QB is the ultimate goal, but being 1-15 with no players who look like part of the future would be pretty rough. They can use all of these picks and their cap space and pinpoint some spots instead of having to fill an entire roster. 

No to the extension for Fitz (unless there’s a no penalty out)  though I Definitely want him on the team starting and mentoring a rookie.  
However, there’s no better time to extend Parker. 

I love how the players are fighting for Flo. 
Come on man. They did extend him through 2020 already. Let him prove it again in 2020 and then we talk about a real extension. This is a guy who has been a bum. A bum on the field and more importantly off the field. If the light indeed has come on....great. Prove it. 

We did not develop him the last 4 years. He was a train wreck in how he did not eat right nor take care of his body. Always in the trainers room. Now I do believe Flores is a great coach and we landed a winner.

But two things needs to happen for this thing to really turn around.

1) get a QB

2) draft extremely well in the trenches

We are a bad...a really bad football team guys. Nothing close to a contender. The next two years will tell us what we will become or not become. The NFL is incredible in how quickly a team can rise and fall. Hell just look at the Eagles. 

I am not buying nor investing into Devante Parker until he puts together two straight years of real production and earns an extension. One season does not an extension make nor earn. We have waited 5 years for him to have a game that guys like Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas to name a few have all the time.

Tap the brakes a little on Parker. He has proven absolutely nothing. 

The guy who proved it was Jarvis Landry but Adam Gase ran him out of town (that doosh bag of a coach...ugh).

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on man. They did extend him through 2020 already. Let him prove it again in 2020 and then we talk about a real extension. This is a guy who has been a bum. A bum on the field and more importantly off the field. If the light indeed has come on....great. Prove it. 

We did not develop him the last 4 years. He was a train wreck in how he did not eat right nor take care of his body. Always in the trainers room. Now I do believe Flores is a great coach and we landed a winner.

But two things needs to happen for this thing to really turn around.

1) get a QB

2) draft extremely well in the trenches

We are a bad...a really bad football team guys. Nothing close to a contender. The next two years will tell us what we will become or not become. The NFL is incredible in how quickly a team can rise and fall. Hell just look at the Eagles. 

I am not buying nor investing into Devante Parker until he puts together two straight years of real production and earns an extension. One season does not an extension make nor earn. We have waited 5 years for him to have a game that guys like Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas to name a few have all the time.

Tap the brakes a little on Parker. He has proven absolutely nothing. 

The guy who proved it was Jarvis Landry but Adam Gase ran him out of town (that doosh bag of a coach...ugh).
And correct me if I'm wrong but Parker did a ton of damage once Preston Williams went out for the season. He was doing well prior but he became the only focus of the passing game at WR. That might change with another QB and the addition of more talent. 

I looked up some of this, since Week 5 he has had no less than 10 targets only twice, 40 catches, 570 yds, 3 TDs over the last 7 weeks...yeah I think he needs to continue on a steady pace and you're right he is singed thru 2020, if he were to come out hot again next season then maybe you see what you can do but you could also pull a Patriot/Packer type deal where they get guys to commit at a discount because of leverage. Parker has been a bum and likely wouldn't get a huge contract on the market but if Miami had him in 2020, 2021, and 2022...Jordy nelson signed a 3yr/$21M deal when he was red hot, the Patriots can get guys to sign deals similar and we have Flores coaching and I'm sure he has a big influence in where they go moving forward. 

Parker could come in handy trying to move up or down in the 1st round as well,  very affordable for a team to have him for one year and perhaps working out an extension, let someone else take on the risk/reward. Some of this is Fitzpatrick dialing him up a lot. 

And correct me if I'm wrong but Parker did a ton of damage once Preston Williams went out for the season. He was doing well prior but he became the only focus of the passing game at WR. That might change with another QB and the addition of more talent. 

I looked up some of this, since Week 5 he has had no less than 10 targets only twice, 40 catches, 570 yds, 3 TDs over the last 7 weeks...yeah I think he needs to continue on a steady pace and you're right he is singed thru 2020, if he were to come out hot again next season then maybe you see what you can do but you could also pull a Patriot/Packer type deal where they get guys to commit at a discount because of leverage. Parker has been a bum and likely wouldn't get a huge contract on the market but if Miami had him in 2020, 2021, and 2022...Jordy nelson signed a 3yr/$21M deal when he was red hot, the Patriots can get guys to sign deals similar and we have Flores coaching and I'm sure he has a big influence in where they go moving forward. 

Parker could come in handy trying to move up or down in the 1st round as well,  very affordable for a team to have him for one year and perhaps working out an extension, let someone else take on the risk/reward. Some of this is Fitzpatrick dialing him up a lot. 
So yeah, he is getting a lot of targets, but he has looked insanely good.  Like a top-5 talent type good.  That balance down the sideline on the first TD was remarkable, and the high point catches in this game look like a season-long highlight reel.  Couple huge 4th down catches including the amazing TD.  Yes, Fitz is dialing him up, but he is answering, pretty much every time.  He looks like a total stud right now.  I would not let the past cloud his future in evaluating him.  He has turned the corner.

I get it - we have 4 other seasons of awfulness that need to be considered, but sometimes the light goes on late.  Davante Adams was a forgotten man in Green Bay.  Parker brings the pedigree and a very clearly elite ability.  He lacked work ethic, coaching, and commitment.  It LOOKS like those 3 issues have been addressed.  I am excited about him.

Highlights of his catches in week 13 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_OaHsP6qQ

So yeah, he is getting a lot of targets, but he has looked insanely good.  Like a top-5 talent type good.  That balance down the sideline on the first TD was remarkable, and the high point catches in this game look like a season-long highlight reel.  Couple huge 4th down catches including the amazing TD.  Yes, Fitz is dialing him up, but he is answering, pretty much every time.  He looks like a total stud right now.  I would not let the past cloud his future in evaluating him.  He has turned the corner.

I get it - we have 4 other seasons of awfulness that need to be considered, but sometimes the light goes on late.  Davante Adams was a forgotten man in Green Bay.  Parker brings the pedigree and a very clearly elite ability.  He lacked work ethic, coaching, and commitment.  It LOOKS like those 3 issues have been addressed.  I am excited about him.

Highlights of his catches in week 13 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_OaHsP6qQ
Would love nothing more than that. I hope it is a true sign he has turned the corner. He has another year under contract to show it.

Would love nothing more than that. I hope it is a true sign he has turned the corner. He has another year under contract to show it.
Should be noted that Philly is among the league's worst in Pass Defense including a swiss cheese secondary, you have to factor that in some here. Happy for Parker but I also think Miami should be cautious here, if a team wanted to throw an offer that sounded decent i would want them part with Parker. I don't see Top 5 with 40/570/3 TD in 7 games, that's like 80-85 catches over a season for around a 1,000 yds, I wouldn't get too crazy yet. He might be good enough to hold a starting spot on most NFL teams, but that's including some teams that would view him more as a WR2 with a true Top 10-15 talent opposite him...maybe Miami is on their way to doing just that. Preston Williams looked awful good prior to injury, would be unreal if they could makeQB-WR1-WR2 out of Parker/Williams/2020 Draft QB, all would be had for pretty low numbers first couple years, lot of options on the Miami horizon. 

Ministry of Pain said:
Should be noted that Philly is among the league's worst in Pass Defense including a swiss cheese secondary, you have to factor that in some here. Happy for Parker but I also think Miami should be cautious here, if a team wanted to throw an offer that sounded decent i would want them part with Parker. I don't see Top 5 with 40/570/3 TD in 7 games, that's like 80-85 catches over a season for around a 1,000 yds, I wouldn't get too crazy yet. He might be good enough to hold a starting spot on most NFL teams, but that's including some teams that would view him more as a WR2 with a true Top 10-15 talent opposite him...maybe Miami is on their way to doing just that. Preston Williams looked awful good prior to injury, would be unreal if they could makeQB-WR1-WR2 out of Parker/Williams/2020 Draft QB, all would be had for pretty low numbers first couple years, lot of options on the Miami horizon. 
Its 91 catches for 1302 yards and 7 TD.  On a horrid team.

Its 91 catches for 1302 yards and 7 TD.  On a horrid team.
That's 910 catches over a 10 year career, should we get him a bust? Do you understand why Todem and I are pretty cautious with all this Parker hype?

You can't just extrapolate on a bunch of numbers or assume that's what he will continue to do week in week out, his resume doesn't give rise to any of that type of optimism. 

Let's look at his rookie year where he didn't play much but then came on like a freight train Weeks 10-15, during those 6 weeks he grabbed 22 catches on 42 targets, 450 yds, 3 Td. 

55/1100/7Tds over about 16 weeks which he doesn't usually play all 16...how many times did he hit those numbers?

The receptions he has hit 3x, the yards and TDs however are not even close. If he has trade value then i hope they go that route. 

MOP - Love you as a poster brutha, but all I was doing there was taking the numbers you had provided with your estimated extrapolations which were unimpressive but inaccurate, and providing the correct extrapolations.  I am not even sure why we are only using a 7 game sample - I was just going with it.  I was not calling for a bust, nor was I attempting to insinuate that Parker would ever put up those numbers, although if he stays healthy and is placed in a better offense I do feel it is possible.

I understand the trepidation with Parker from Fins fans...I prefer cautious optimism.  Some guys take a little while to hit their stride.  He has been saddled with crappy coaching, terrible offenses, sub-par QB play, and his own personal issues since he entered the league.  Maybe with some of the darkness lifting off of some of those things - particularly those that he can control - he could be hitting his potential now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cinci 1-11...inching closer each week

NY Giants 2-10...pulling for them to win tomorrow night

Miami 3-10...covered the spread but lost the game, good job boys. 

Washington 3-10...made it close late. 

Detroit 3-9-1...shutout most of the day

Arizona 3-9-1...in a freefall

Jacksonville 4-9...also in a freefall

Atlanta 4-9...good job today

Tua said he will never be the same 😢

1. Cincinnati Bengals, 1-13

2. New York Giants, 3-11

3. Miami Dolphins, 3-11 

4. Washington, 3-11

5. Detroit Lions, 3-10-1

6. Arizona Cardinals, 4-9-1

7. New York Jets, 5-9

8. Jacksonville Jaguars, 5-9

9. Los Angeles Chargers, 5-9

10. Denver Broncos, 5-9

11. Carolina Panthers, 5-9

12. Atlanta Falcons, 5-9

13. Oakland Raiders, 6-8

14. Cleveland Browns, 6-8

15. Indianapolis Colts, 6-7

16. Philadelphia Eagles, 7-7

17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 7-7

18. Oakland Raiders (via 7-7 Chicago Bears)

19. Tennessee Titans, 8-6

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via 8-6 Los Angeles Rams)

21. Dallas Cowboys, 7-7

22. Miami Dolphins (via 8-6 Pittsburgh Steelers)

23. Miami Dolphins (via 9-5 Houston Texans)

24. Minnesota Vikings, 10-4

1. Cincinnati Bengals, 1-13

2. New York Giants, 3-11

3. Miami Dolphins, 3-11 

4. Washington, 3-11

5. Detroit Lions, 3-10-1

6. Arizona Cardinals, 4-9-1

7. New York Jets, 5-9

8. Jacksonville Jaguars, 5-9

9. Los Angeles Chargers, 5-9

10. Denver Broncos, 5-9

11. Carolina Panthers, 5-9

12. Atlanta Falcons, 5-9

13. Oakland Raiders, 6-8

14. Cleveland Browns, 6-8

15. Indianapolis Colts, 6-7

16. Philadelphia Eagles, 7-7

17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 7-7

18. Oakland Raiders (via 7-7 Chicago Bears)

19. Tennessee Titans, 8-6

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via 8-6 Los Angeles Rams)

21. Dallas Cowboys, 7-7

22. Miami Dolphins (via 8-6 Pittsburgh Steelers)

23. Miami Dolphins (via 9-5 Houston Texans)

24. Minnesota Vikings, 10-4
Tua, RB Taylor, and then O-line, D-line and CB.

Chase from Ohio State, really think he stays? 

Tua at No 3 now seem like a sucker move after his horrific injury, I wouldn't want to invest heavy in him now. 

Parker getting $40M, maybe it's really a 2 year deal but unless Fitz is the QB next season I don't see him repeating these numbers. I watched this guy be a bum for 4 years, he is playing well right now but I have to see more before I am a true believer. 

I will say I was shocked he was retained by the coaches this year, now he is the long term plans. 

$10M a season isn't nothing but the going rate for top WRs is a bit higher. I don't view Parker as some elite WR1, I think a lot of folks just care about the fantasy implications but I could care less in this thread. I just want to see Miami get better. 

I'm thinking more and more that they should trade back and recoup more picks. This draft is loaded with talent and let's face it we have so many holes to fill. I personally think it's a no brainer to be honest.

I'm thinking more and more that they should trade back and recoup more picks. This draft is loaded with talent and let's face it we have so many holes to fill. I personally think it's a no brainer to be honest.
This.  Unless they can take Chase Young.

I know it was doom and gloom 6 months ago, but my feelings were:

Is the Flores finally the guy- YES on all accounts

Can we find some diamonds in the rough with this weekend warrior roster-YES. Biegel, Needham, Rowe. It's not a lot but I think there keepers.

Who will step up this year- Parker looks like he's finally seen the light. Nice jump from Gesicki. Baker is going to be a STUD. Gochaux coming on nicely.

Rookies- Wilkins coming on and should be an anchor for years as well as Dieter on the OL.

All in all not bad considering we were written off for dead. If Grier can perform his job this team will be set in 2 years, fingers crossed.

Fin

Well it's Patriots week and I'm conflicted. Beating the stinking Patriots and dropping them to the 3 seed would be awesome, on the other hand another win and we could slide another 3 spots to the #8 pick which would feel like a failure given the wholesale of our players.

The win this week really didn't change our long term outlook in my eyes. They were all in on Tua before the hip injury and probably still could have snagged him at 5. I have been and still advocating putting that pick up for trade. This team has a plethora of holes to fill and no one player is gonna make them rise from the dead. Trade back and accumulate more draft picks in 2020 and 2021. We need to add more talent to the O and D lines, get a RB, an edge rusher. WR/TE is in good shape if PW comes back from the knee injury. If 2020 goes wrong then we combine our 2021 draft capital and go get Lawrence.

27-24 Miami beats New England and knocks them down from the 2-Seed to the 3-Seed. 

Miami has locked up the 5th pick, apparently beating New England helps their SOS so the Jacksonville outcome will be meaningless. Thanks to @SoBeDad for that info and link to Barry Jackson, maybe he will do the same in here. 

Cinci is going QB-Burrows, can't see that going any other way especially with his Ohio ties. 

Washington next? Detroit, NY Giants...I think Skins and Lions could go QB if they wanted to. Haskins is no sure thing and Washington felt forced to make that pick, maybe they see Tua as a long term investment they want. I also think their phones will ring loud fielding calls from teams who want to jump in front of Miami. I am not confident Miami will get the best player they can in April but I'll reserve judgement for a while.  

Incredible stats.  I wonder who from this list are going to stick around?

SM @1asstorisk

The Dolphins' Week 17 53-man roster is composed of:

4 2019 draft picks

4 2019 undrafted FA

11 claimed off of waivers

8 players signed off of other teams' practice squad

27 young, developmental pieces on the roster.

Nice job today (and most of the season). Flores looks like a keeper.  Fitz made it look easy.  I was rooting for you guys to knock the Pats out of its bye. Sweet ending and it didn't cost you a draft spot.

It would make sense for WAS to take Young, and there was a lot of y’all last year that Gettleman doesn’t trade back... so Detroit is the obvious trade partner for whomever deems it necessary to trade up for whomever. 

I have faith in the vision, so if they fall in love with someone/anyone go get them. Just don’t pick a QB to say you did and settle for the next best... 

My fav scenario is drafting a QB and letting him sit for at least behind Fitz ala Mahomes/Lamar. 

no clue what happens to Rosen. Trade after an injury in preseason?

It would make sense for WAS to take Young, and there was a lot of y’all last year that Gettleman doesn’t trade back... so Detroit is the obvious trade partner for whomever deems it necessary to trade up for whomever. 

I have faith in the vision, so if they fall in love with someone/anyone go get them. Just don’t pick a QB to say you did and settle for the next best... 

My fav scenario is drafting a QB and letting him sit for at least behind Fitz ala Mahomes/Lamar. 

no clue what happens to Rosen. Trade after an injury in preseason?
Let Rosen compete with Tua and Fitzmagic. Better to have 3 possible starters than 2. 

Users who are viewing this thread