What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quality WR shortage? RB's to rule the near future? (1 Viewer)

hoffman0001

Footballguy
It used to be that we could count on a few rookie's to be productive at the position, and we would see others grow over year 2-3 to become viable starters. I look at the top 30 WR's last year and this year and the youth are not really making themselves a factor. I'm feeling this is just another effect of the College game, and the lack to true NFL ready players. 

This leaves me with a few realizations: 

A. the trade of a rookie pick that will likely be a WR pick for a quality (if older) WR is going to be the smart move 90% of the time. 

B. Could be be looking at a future where fantasy WR play is going to become more of a WRBC/match-up situation vs. us having our set of plug and play WR's most weeks? 

C. Are we going to see a return to the RB being king in fantasy for skill position players? Even with PPR if we start having to run WRBC to fill our rosters, it's going to be hard for WR's to keep pace. 

Thoughts? 

Users who are viewing this thread