What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Bay Packers Thread (4 Viewers)

Ha ha Clinton-Dix vs Adrian Amos

Career Numbers
Seasons: 5 vs 4
Ints: 14 vs 3
PD: 28 vs 18
Fumbles: 4 vs 3
Sacks: 5.5 vs 2
Tackles: 456 vs 269
Guaranteed $$$: 3.5 vs 12
This reminds me of when people thought Mookie Blaylock was a good defender because he got a lot of steals.

These numbers don't show missed tackles, yards gained due to poor angles taken, blown coverage, or big plays given up.   Ha-ha was notorious for all of those things.

He didn't continually mess up without Eddie Jackson.  Unfortunately there aren't too many Batman's available in free agency and the Packers did the best they could, believe me he's an upgrade over Ha Ha. What do you suggest they do with all the cap money they had available this year?  Based on TT's recent draft history they didn't have a ton of their own guys to pay so going out and signing 3 of the top 25 available free agents (at positions of need) and young guys to boot seems like a good plan. Not sure what your looking for here?
Just giving you insight to a player i've watched in depth for 4 years. As I said before, I wish him the best and glad he got paid. Just think it's an overpay. 

What do I suggest GB do?

-Well they had to make some kind of move to appease Rodgers and do something while he's still in his prime. They spent a lot of money and most of it upfront for a 3 year run. If it doesn't work out, they can cut them loose with a cap it.

-Their best signing is Billy Turner....it allows them to potentially move on from Bulaga. Turner gives them flexibility with his versatility. Hopefully the new scheme will let Spriggs finally do something(I was high on him coming out). 3 yr $19.9 w/$2.25m dead in yr 4.

-Preston Smith and Za'Darius Smith...while both 26...got too much money.  Preston is basically a 3 year 35.5 million deal w/$4m dead in year 4. Za'Darius is a 3 year 45.25 million deal w/$5m dead in year 4.  That averages to $26.92 million dollars per year for both of them. In the last two years, they've combined for 12.5 and 11.5 sacks. Eventually pressures need to lead to sacks. Just like Amos, Za'Darius benefited from playing around other greats.

-Adrian Amos....i've spoken enough on him. 2 yr $15.5 million w/5.5 dead in year 3. 

In 3 of the 4 cases, I felt  they spent too much money.  Will it have an effect after 2019 when Daniels, Kenny Clark, and Fackrell become UFA's? Or in 2020, whenLinsley, Bakhrtiari, Taylor, King, Aaron Jones, Jamal Williams, and Josh Jones become UFA's?

In 3 of the 4 cases, I felt  they spent too much money.  Will it have an effect after 2019 when Daniels, Kenny Clark, and Fackrell become UFA's? Or in 2020, whenLinsley, Bakhrtiari, Taylor, King, Aaron Jones, Jamal Williams, and Josh Jones become UFA's?
I don’t think you will find anyone here saying the Zadarian Smith signing was not an overpay. The hope is he builds on his great year last season, he is only 26.  Fackrell will not be coming back after the season, and if Mike Daniels does not stay healthy he won’t be either. Clark will be the guy the Packers want to sign long term. 

I sure hope the Packers don’t play Turner at tackle. 

Are you asserting that Ha Ha is a better safety than Amos? Because there aren’t many who would.

Calling Ha Ha average is being generous. After his rookie year I thought he would become a stud, just never materialized. 
He is a trolling bears fan.

My point is great players have bad plays, not sure how that lofted over your head.

He is a top 10 safety who grades out as a top ten safety and is paid less than a top ten safety. I’d say the Packers did well. 

Bears overspent a little on a replacement level player. It is what it is. No hard feelings.
Also add in the draft pick we got for HaHa and the Packers did quite well.

Adding in actual plays, statistics and contract facts is trolling. You know conversations can happen between ppl that don't think alike. Crazy thought, I know.
Given your history and coming in comparing the two tinted and get a reaction, I think my description is spot on.

What's the word on the WRs?  I was a big fan of J'Mon Moore coming out but it was MSV and ESB that did anything.  Allison got tendered at the lowest level today, which surprised me.  Kumarow still hanging around.  Jordy on the street.  

Any rumblings?  Who's the best investment beside Addams?

Just giving you insight to a player i've watched in depth for 4 years. As I said before, I wish him the best and glad he got paid. Just think it's an overpay. 

What do I suggest GB do?

-Well they had to make some kind of move to appease Rodgers and do something while he's still in his prime. They spent a lot of money and most of it upfront for a 3 year run. If it doesn't work out, they can cut them loose with a cap it.

-Their best signing is Billy Turner....it allows them to potentially move on from Bulaga. Turner gives them flexibility with his versatility. Hopefully the new scheme will let Spriggs finally do something(I was high on him coming out). 3 yr $19.9 w/$2.25m dead in yr 4.

-Preston Smith and Za'Darius Smith...while both 26...got too much money.  Preston is basically a 3 year 35.5 million deal w/$4m dead in year 4. Za'Darius is a 3 year 45.25 million deal w/$5m dead in year 4.  That averages to $26.92 million dollars per year for both of them. In the last two years, they've combined for 12.5 and 11.5 sacks. Eventually pressures need to lead to sacks. Just like Amos, Za'Darius benefited from playing around other greats.

-Adrian Amos....i've spoken enough on him. 2 yr $15.5 million w/5.5 dead in year 3. 

Most early free agent signings are overpays.  Rodgers isn’t getting any younger so the status quo of draft and development and signing lower tier free agents isn’t going to cut it anymore.  I am glad for this philosophical shift.  I just wish it happened a few years ago.

Bring back Jordy!

If you can get him at a reasonable price which I think they could.
They can but why? He was done two years ago. I love Jordy, hated seeing him in another uniform. But he is not a good use of a roster spot. He doesn’t play specials, -and he lost all of his explosiveness.

Wouldn’t mind Pack looking at Mark Barron. He seems like a great fit as a situational player in Pettines scheme. Could play MLB in nickel and dime defenses.

They can but why? He was done two years ago. I love Jordy, hated seeing him in another uniform. But he is not a good use of a roster spot. He doesn’t play specials, -and he lost all of his explosiveness.
Has rapport with Rodgers. Sure handed. Great veteran to help the young WR out. I suspect he could still work the short routes and probably at this point in his career won't cost much more than league minimum with maybe with incentives if he can still produce. I think it's a nice fit if he wants to come back and finish up in Green Bay. 

Has rapport with Rodgers. Sure handed. Great veteran to help the young WR out. I suspect he could still work the short routes and probably at this point in his career won't cost much more than league minimum with maybe with incentives if he can still produce. I think it's a nice fit if he wants to come back and finish up in Green Bay. 
If he played specials possibly as a 4 or 5 but he doesn’t play specials. I am sure he still can catch but he can’t run. Like i said, I’m a huge jordy fan and am grateful for what he did for the Packers. I remember thinking “who?” when’s packers took him out of Kansas State. Found out soon enough how good of a player he was!

im concerned about winning now and I don’t think Jordy, even at vets minimum is good use of a wr roster spot.

The hesitation I’d have with Jordy is what do they see in the young guys with a full season and offseason under their belt.  Are they sacrificing a young talent for that comfort in Nelson.

Its intriguing and worth a kick of the tires...

I won't argue that we really don't know if he has anything left or if he could do well in say a slot role but if he wants to still play and he had a desire to come back to Green Bay to finish out his career and he could be signed for next to nothing I'm all about bringing him in. I don't give two craps about him not being able to play special teams. There are plenty of other young guys who can do that. If he can contribute to this team and Rodgers would feel good about it why not? An aging WR if he can help is a better use of Rodgers while he is still  performing at a high level over a young guy that can play special teams in my mind.

The hesitation I’d have with Jordy is what do they see in the young guys with a full season and offseason under their belt.  Are they sacrificing a young talent for that comfort in Nelson.

Its intriguing and worth a kick of the tires...
We'll see how these young WRs are treating this offseason.  If Nelson was fine with taking on "old" Driver role of maybe 20 snaps a game I'd be fine with signing him.  Besides maybe Geronimo, I'm not sure any of the other young guys can really say they're better than what Nelson is now.  

Isn't Oren Burks essentially a Mark Barron clone...kind of a hybrid safety/LB.  Or are people writing him off already?  I was excited about that pick but man he didn't do anything at all last year.  Hopefully the light will click for him.

Isn't Oren Burks essentially a Mark Barron clone...kind of a hybrid safety/LB.  Or are people writing him off already?  I was excited about that pick but man he didn't do anything at all last year.  Hopefully the light will click for him.
He is a wild card right now.  Hurt last year in preseason and then struggled a bit as a rookie losing time when Morrison was brought in.  Played seemingly well in special teams.  Definitely an interesting player.

Burks looked completely lost and overmatched last season. He was so bad I would think he is on roster bubble despite relatively high draft status.

I really want Andy Isabella in Green Bay. And the more I read and watch, I think he is a lock for early second round with a very outside shot to go late first. Would love if Packers can get him in the second. Watching his highlights. . . Wow. Hard worker, had awesome senior bowl week, awesome combine, outstanding production (including 200 yards against Georgia)

I really want Andy Isabella in Green Bay. And the more I read and watch, I think he is a lock for early second round with a very outside shot to go late first. Would love if Packers can get him in the second. Watching his highlights. . . Wow. Hard worker, had awesome senior bowl week, awesome combine, outstanding production (including 200 yards against Georgia)
Dude reminds me of Julian Edelman.  Yes please!

Bashaud Breeland signs in KC. I never thought much of him and was surprised people wanted him back so badly. He was okay (in a time of extreme desperation) but I prefer to gamble on one of King or Jackson developing into a better starter.

Nelson visiting Seattle

Cobb visiting Dallas

Kentrell Brice (lol) signs in Tampa

Former NYG free safety Curtis Riley is visiting GB (never heard of this dude)

Last edited by a moderator:
Curtis Riley is a very good coverage safety. Conversely he is an absolutely atrocious tackler (worst of all eligible safeties according to PFF). Sounds like he would be solid as a dime package player but should never see the field on a running downs.

He's not just big stats vs bad competition either, he put up at the Combine.  He also beat Browns CB Denzel Ward (#4 overall last year) in some high school track competitions.  Will be an interesting draft day landing spot.

A more NFL ready Brandin Cooks. He won't last to the 2nd round. 
I’m really starting to agree. He checks all the boxes an nfl team is looking for, he was productive, had great combine, and shined against big competition when he faced them. 

Isabella would be the perfect player for the short passing game in Green Bay. It’s weird I still want them to go defense but if their first two picks were Hockenson (if white were gone) and Isabella, I would be pretty excited. Hockenson would significantly improve the run game and short passing game, and Isabella would be what Randall Cobb showed flashes of. Throw in Adams on the outside and MVS running deep, that is a pretty awesome set of weapons for Rodgers.

Balco said:
I wish him nothing but the best.
Well it’s Dallas so maybe not the best for the team 😀

Definately gave some great moments...beating the Bears, Hail Mary at the end of the half against the Giants...just a fun player who couldn’t stay healthy lately.  He was one guy I watched a lot in coming out of college and thought he would look great in Green Bay and it worked out that they drafted him.

Users who are viewing this thread