What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Michael Gallup Puns Galore (2 Viewers)

Reports show that McKay has stiff competition for a practice squad spot. WR has the most bodies signed than any other position on the Cowboys. Thompson and McKay are unlikely to make the final roster according to 247sports. Plus Thompson is 29... Dallas has numerous young talents that I think they'd rather hold onto. 

If you want to bet on a sizable no-namer. I would go with Noah Brown or Cedrick Wilson

So far Gallup is projected as starting the season as WR1, Hurns 2, Beasley 3. After that likely Brown, Wilson. The WR6 is a toss up. I'll go with Lenoir since he was on the practice squad last year and has a year of experience in the system. 
Did you forget Tavon Austin or are you counting him as a running back?

Did you forget Tavon Austin or are you counting him as a running back?
RB. He's listed as a WR on ourlads and CBS, so maybe I should count him as a WR. MFL has him RB only. 

As of May Linehan has said he views Austin as a WR. Jones and Jones have said he will be primarily used as a RB in the Dunbar role. Jerry Jones even said 12-24 carries a game, in typical Jerry fashion. So clear as mud from the Dallas staff! 

If he is officially a WR I could see Dallas carrying 7 WRs possibly, especially if they have to cut Williams given his issues. 

RB. He's listed as a WR on ourlads and CBS, so maybe I should count him as a WR. MFL has him RB only. 

As of May Linehan has said he views Austin as a WR. Jones and Jones have said he will be primarily used as a RB in the Dunbar role. Jerry Jones even said 12-24 carries a game, in typical Jerry fashion. So clear as mud from the Dallas staff! 

If he is officially a WR I could see Dallas carrying 7 WRs possibly, especially if they have to cut Williams given his issues. 
I see it this way

Hurns

Williams

Beasley

Gallup

Austin

Thompson

on the bubble

Noah Brown

Lance Lenoire

Practice squad

KD Cannon

McKay or Cedric Wilson

I see it this way

Hurns

Williams

Beasley

Gallup

Austin

Thompson

on the bubble

Noah Brown

Lance Lenoire

Practice squad

KD Cannon

McKay or Cedric Wilson
Not sure about Williams but if he is kept on the roster I agree with your first 4. 

If Williams is suspended at all, even 1 game, I believe his 3.5 million is no longer guaranteed and the cowboys can release him easily. I see that happening. 

Also the surgery on his foot in february could cause for a slow start

NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal reports Cowboys OC Scott Linehan "talked up" third-round rookie Michael Gallup's red zone ability on Thursday.

Per Rosenthal, Linehan also said he anticipated Gallup's catch radius "replacing some of what the team lost in the offseason." With Dez Bryant and Jason Witten gone, the Cowboys need someone to step up near the goal line. An excellent route runner with plus short-area quicks, Gallup scored 21 touchdowns in two years at Colorado State. He remains a rookie sleeper to watch.

Source: Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter 

Jul 26 - 4:52 PM

Gallup will end up #1, you just can’t hold back that talent.

Tex
Do you have a rookie WR fetish?  I have been in 3 different threads and have now seen you pimping Anthony Miller, D.J. Moore, and now Gallup.  I'm sort of teasing you here, but are there other rookie WRs that you really like, or are these 3 guys it?

Do you have a rookie WR fetish?  I have been in 3 different threads and have now seen you pimping Anthony Miller, D.J. Moore, and now Gallup.  I'm sort of teasing you here, but are there other rookie WRs that you really like, or are these 3 guys it?
Lol, I just like this class and believe Gallup and Miller are the two to grab as they present great value. DJ is a monster I just think Cam is going to kill his “overall” ceiling. I feel about Gallup and Miller the same way I felt about JuJu before the draft. I have Gallup right behind Ridley. Washington, Kirk, Pettis and Sutton bringing up the rear.

Trust me Gallup his going to surprise a lot of people and so will Miller.

My hidden gem Smith.

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Caplan was on the radio yesterday after spending time in Dallas and was effusive in his praise for this guy. I, too, fully expect him to be the man at some point this year. He’s pennies on the dollar 

Lol, I just like this class and believe Gallup and Miller are the two to grab as they present great value. DJ is a monster I just think Cam is going to kill his “overall” ceiling. I feel about Gallup and Miller the same way I felt about JuJu before the draft. I have Gallup right behind Ridley. Washington, Kirk, Pettis and Sutton bringing up the rear.

Trust me Gallup his going to surprise a lot of people and so will Miller.

My hidden gem Smith.

Tex
As the creator of the thread I thought I was the big Gallup fan.  I’ve had him behind DJ Moore most of the year even after the NFL draft.  Even pre combine I had him as WR3 in the class and now he’s my #1 rookie WR.  He’s so good at everything with a ceiling that isn’t far off of what the dominant WRs do.  I’m just excited.  

Zyphros said:
As the creator of the thread I thought I was the big Gallup fan.  I’ve had him behind DJ Moore most of the year even after the NFL draft.  Even pre combine I had him as WR3 in the class and now he’s my #1 rookie WR.  He’s so good at everything with a ceiling that isn’t far off of what the dominant WRs do.  I’m just excited.  
I had him in my top 3 pre-draft based on talent and production. Talent wise I have him behind only DJ. I just don’t think i’ll get that lucky and he’ll fall to me. The only way I will get him is to trade up which I currently have an offer on the table but it’s for Dalvin Cook which is not enough.

Tex

Zyphros said:
Gallup has always intrigued me as an under the radar guy. again, I'm surprised some of these WRs arent going higher round 1 or even in round 1. I got Gallup at 2.3 (#16 overall, we have a 1.13 for consolation winner) and I was quite pleased. I think he and Miller can creep into round 1 in August drafts, especially after some preseason games

Gallup has always intrigued me as an under the radar guy. again, I'm surprised some of these WRs arent going higher round 1 or even in round 1. I got Gallup at 2.3 (#16 overall, we have a 1.13 for consolation winner) and I was quite pleased. I think he and Miller can creep into round 1 in August drafts, especially after some preseason games
This is what I’m afraid of. With the picks I have and the limited open spots I have on my roster I know exactly who I want but I might not get them. My draft is on the 26th and unless an injury occurs (I hope not) the cat will be out of the bag.

Tex

Speaking of injuries the one WR who I believe was going to surprise everyone outside of the Cowboys organization was injured this week and I believe is out for the year. He was turning a lot of heads and I had to go back and look at a few games. I will wait till around the end of the year (if I have a spot for him) and grab him for free on the WW.

Tex

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000944104/article/sam-darnolds-arrival-objs-good-start-cowboys-new-toy

Two offseason additions making strong early impressions. Two players to watch during training camp who could help in areas of need: defensive tackle Jihad Ward, acquired in a trade with the Raiders for WR/KR Ryan Switzer, and rookie wide receiver Michael Gallup. 

Gallup turned heads quickly -- well, after an offseason of work -- with his big-play ability. Executive vice president and director of player personnel Stephen Jones told me everyone is impressed with the third-round pick, and that once he becomes consistent learning the offense and dealing with the demands of the NFL, he could emerge as a key target.

Tex

http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/08/01/10-nfl-rookies-already-shining-in-training-camp/

Michael Gallup

The Dallas Cowboys will be going into the 2018 season without a true No. 1 receiver after releasing three-time Pro Bowler Dez Bryant last April, so it’s not surprising to hear that Gallup, the team’s third-round pick out of Colorado State, is already getting first-team reps in camp. Based on what he’s done to Dallas’ defensive backs on the practice field, he might be in line for substantial playing time as a rookie.

Fellow Cowboys receiver Allen Hurns has been impressed by the rookie.

“I’ve been very impressed,” Hurns said of Gallup, via Brandon George of The Dallas Morning News. “Since he’s come in, he’s been making plays non-stop. I know he’s not like a 6-5 guy, but he plays like it. He’s a guy who goes up and gets the ball. He plays aggressive. He’s going to help this offense out a lot with his aggressive style.”

The Cowboys haven’t been known for their aerial attack the last couple of seasons thanks to a strong running game, but Gallup should still get ample opportunities catching passes from Dak Prescott.

Tex

Dak to Gallup for the TD get used to it.

Tex
Sure, just wish dak was better. Gallup gonna be clippity-clopping all over this year. Get ready for the cringe worthy “gallup gallops to the end zone” or “the cowboys are really galloping today!”

Anyone watch the game that can give some notes on him?  I’ve been on vacation and missed week 1 of preseason so I’m behind.  

Anyone watch the game that can give some notes on him?  I’ve been on vacation and missed week 1 of preseason so I’m behind.  
He looked good, he plays faster than I remember seeing in college. The CB had a hard time keeping up with him. Routes could be a little tighter but he and Austin seem to be the two they target the most. They looked better then Hurns in this first game.

For the record I didn’t watch the entire game after the scrubs came in I checked out. That backup QB couldn’t hit Gallup who shot passed the QB which would have easily been a TD.

Tex

He looked good, he plays faster than I remember seeing in college. The CB had a hard time keeping up with him. Routes could be a little tighter but he and Austin seem to be the two they target the most. They looked better then Hurns in this first game.

For the record I didn’t watch the entire game after the scrubs came in I checked out. That backup QB couldn’t hit Gallup who shot passed the QB which would have easily been a TD.

Tex
I only watched his targets (3) and he looked OK to me.  His TD was more the benefit of crap coverage.  I don't know much about Jimmie Ward and how he looked last year but he looked bad on that play, if there was a competent CB who looked for the ball it may have even been picked off.  On his second target Greg Mabin tried to jam him and missed terrible and Gallup sped past him.  It wouldn't have been a TD as the safety seemed to be in good position but that ball was really underthrown.  His last attempt was on a fade and the ball was thrown out of his reach.

a lot of the dallas players are suffering from allergies at this time of year.

michael gallop is one of them, experincing coughing attack durning the night.

he often wakes up a little horse.

You've got to hand it to this kid, he took advantage of his opportunity (unlike others).  You know what they say, "You can lead a horse to water..."

You guys need to rein in these expectations...  He could come out the gate fast only to slow to a jog as the fantasy season hits the home stretch.  No better way to miss out on the purse!

I’m chomping at the bit to see this kid in action. The Cowboys are no longer saddled by poor play from overrated wrs. It may be neck and neck with through preseason with the young thoroughbred from Miami to determine their #1 wr. 

Users who are viewing this thread