Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Dan

Ian Thomas - Tight End

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

is olsen out again?

I have no idea.  I should have qualified that statement with "if Olsen is out again".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 2:11 AM, Don Hutson said:

And then Ian Thomas falls from heaven into my lap for the fantasy playoffs.

 

12 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Ian Thomas tallied two catches for 23 yards on four targets Sunday in Carolina’s Week 15 loss to the Seahawks.

:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I blame that more on Kyle Allen incessantly targeting Christian McCaffrey and his terrible instincts/accuracy that anything Thomas did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I have no idea.  I should have qualified that statement with "if Olsen is out again".

you got my hopes up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge bump in value now without Olsen.  There's so many cheap TE's you can get your fingers on but he might be my favorite.  Also probably not cheap anymore.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 8:55 AM, Zyphros said:

Huge bump in value now without Olsen.  There's so many cheap TE's you can get your fingers on but he might be my favorite.  Also probably not cheap anymore.  

it is worth mentioning that this, in all likelihood, will be a very different offense. his value is as the presumed starter only at this point. new coaches, new QB, McCaffrey, etc make it really hard to be bullish here in the early going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, saintfool said:

it is worth mentioning that this, in all likelihood, will be a very different offense. his value is as the presumed starter only at this point. new coaches, new QB, McCaffrey, etc make it really hard to be bullish here in the early going.

Sure, but you can also make the argument that last years was a floor with Kyle Allen and he still had some good games.  That along with the surrounding cast, he looks to be a good spot.  Other than the question at QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Sure, but you can also make the argument that last years was a floor with Kyle Allen and he still had some good games.  That along with the surrounding cast, he looks to be a good spot.  Other than the question at QB.  

Bruce Arians would like a quick word with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 81 targets vacated. In my opinion, assuming CMC picks up anything worthwhile for targets is foolish... hes already running at max capacity. DJ Moore should see a small uptick but hes already at 134 targets (10th in the NFL). Curtis Samuel is what he is. 

Week 11 through 16 Thomas averaged about 4 targets per game with Olsen playing. Take away Olsen's 81 targets and combine them with Thomas and you have 111 total open TE targets. Some will go to the WRs, primarily Moore, but a large majority stands to go to Thomas. 

He is an easy TE2 right now with TE1 upside, especially if he can get about 70-75% of those 111 targets

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saintfool said:

Bruce Arians would like a quick word with you.

Bruce Arians has never used a TE heavily in his offense. I have no idea Rhules offense (and I dont know how accurately we can speculate how much his college offense will come to the NFL), but OJ Howard's decline was fairly predictable. Many of us on the board were calling for it, me included 

Edited by Dr. Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is going too late in SF startups. 

 The Olsen Free Agency hasn't sunk in yet.

Edited by kittenmittens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.