What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize (1 Viewer)

If he doesn't win the real one maybe they can make him one out of the tin foil blankets small children use in government detention facilities after the Trump administration has forcibly separated them from their parents.

This would be like when Kaitlyn Jenner won Woman of the Year.  Just award it to someone ridiculous to get your product in the news.  He is the most divisive and hateful men on the planet. He would render the award a joke for eternity.

>>A record 330 people were nominated this year.<<

- Uh when do you think our table will be ready?

- Sir you’re on the list.

This thing called the Nobel Peace Prize would tarnish the President, put him in the same category as Barack Obama, Al Gore, Yassar Arafat, etc.

I would stand, clap, and cheer if the President refused it.

This would be like when Kaitlyn Jenner won Woman of the Year.  Just award it to someone ridiculous to get your product in the news.  He is the most divisive and hateful men on the planet. He would render the award a joke for eternity.
Too late.

If he doesn't win the real one maybe they can make him one out of the tin foil blankets small children use in government detention facilities after the Trump administration has forcibly separated them from their parents.
C'mon, it's not like Trump would forge something and then pass it off as authentic.

Give the guy a break, will ya?

I didn’t open any of the other threads. 

Was the joke the entire discussion? Meh, doesn’t matter. 
You know, after starting this thread you didn't really do much in the way of discussion, did you? I see that happen a lot on message boards, not just this one, and I wonder why somebody would start a thread about a topic that interests them and then not discuss it. What's that all about?

You know, after starting this thread you didn't really do much in the way of discussion, did you? I see that happen a lot on message boards, not just this one, and I wonder why somebody would start a thread about a topic that interests them and then not discuss it. What's that all about?
In the biz, we call that Hit-and-Run trolling. 

no one who separates kids from parents should be nominated for a nobel prize nor should they be nominated for president he is an embarassment for the nation and an indictment of what the republican party has become take that to the bank brohans 

It may be discussed in a sub-thread, but throwing it out there...

http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/06/13/trump-nobel-peace-prize
Trump’s Nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize Was Apparently Forged. Twice.

OSLO — The protocol for nominating and choosing recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize is one of the world’s most scrutinized and secretive.

A total of 329 candidates — 217 individuals and 112 organizations — are being considered for this year’s prize, which will be announced in October. The identities of the candidates are kept secret, and indeed, the Norwegian Nobel Committee, which awards the prizes, is forbidden from divulging any information about its deliberations for 50 years, and even then, only for scholarship purposes and at its discretion.

But a wrinkle in this time-honored process — the peace prize was first awarded in 1901 — emerged on Tuesday, when the committee announced that it had uncovered what appeared to be a forged nomination of President Trump for the prize. The matter has been referred to the Oslo police for investigation.

Moreover, the forgery appears to have occurred twice: Olav Njolstad, the secretary of the five-member committee, said it appeared that a forged nomination of Mr. Trump for the prize was also submitted last year — and was also referred to the police. (The earlier forgery was not disclosed to the public at the time.)

Inspector Rune Skjold, the head of the economic crimes section of the Oslo police, said that investigators had been in touch with the F.B.I. since last fall, which suggests that the forged nominations originated in the United States. He said the police believed that the same perpetrator was behind both forgeries.

Mr. Skjold said the earlier letter was subjected to a thorough and lengthy forensic examination, which the new letter is also likely to undergo.

In a phone interview on Wednesday, Mr. Njolstad of the Nobel committee, said, “We verify all nominations, at least the ones with a shadow of doubt.”

Mr. Njolstad declined to provide details or copies of the forged nominations, but he said it was fair to assume that the documents purported to have been from a nominator who — when contacted — said the nominations were not valid. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was listening to someone on the radio this morning - and they mentioned that Abe wants to be the next leader to meet with Kim.

There would be great Irony for this to happen and for Abe and Kim to share a Nobel Peace prize...

He was a big influence on the end of the Korean War.

if Kissinger and Arafat can win it anybody can.

Users who are viewing this thread