What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Mike Gesicki, CIN (3 Viewers)

Gambled on Gesicki this week with Ebron out, looking for a potential 2-week run.

Should have gone with Doyle. 

As for next week, not sure I can depend on Gesicki. 

What are we expecting here?  I figured with the Unicorn out, this guy will now be a great option.

I thought the same. I am seriously debating dropping him for Fells. It would be my last FAAB transaction. I'm just not sure I know who to ride out the season with due to Kittle's injury possibly being longer.

Mike Gesicki earned four catches for 18 yards on six targets Sunday in the Dolphins’ Week 11 loss to the Bills.

Not much on the Gesicki front this week. We thought the second-round sophomore might be onto something after he broke through for 95 yards in Week 9, but that's looking like an outlier. Gesicki has yet to score an NFL touchdown. Maybe he'll finally see the light next week at Cleveland.

Nov 17, 2019, 6:01 PM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Gesicki caught 3-of-7 targets for 28 yards and a touchdown in Week 12 against the Browns.

The touchdown was the first of Gesicki's career. Gesicki has shown some signs of life in his second season, but he's been held under 40 yards in all but one game. Injuries to Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant could give Gesicki some low-end streamer appeal for Week 13.

Gesicki with 5 for 79 and a TD today.  Since week 6 he has put up 66 fantasy points in ppr. The last two weeks he has been double digits, with 11.8 at Browns and 18.9 today vs Eagles.

Mike Gesicki caught 5-of-7 targets for 79 yards and a touchdown in Week 13 against the Eagles.

Gesicki's had an expanded role the last few weeks, but this was one of his most complete games. He made a contested catch in the end zone over Jalen Mills for his touchdown, and had another red-zone target he couldn’t come down with. There was still some bad — Gesicki had an OPI call against him — but the Dolphins look committed to getting him more involved. With a Week 14 matchup against the Jets, Gesicki is a streamable TE2.

Dec 1, 2019, 5:31 PM ET

Gesicki had a great Week 16 vs Cincinnati with 6 for 82 and 2 TDs.  Since Week 9 this year he has been pretty good.  Since Fitzmagic took over he has been fairly productive.

From week 9-16 he averaged 11.78 pts/game in ppr. Over 16 games that would be 188 points, which would put him at TE6.

How do people view him going into next season and in Dynasty?

Mike Gesicki caught 6-of-12 targets for 82 yards and two touchdowns in the Dolphins' Week 16 win over the Bengals.

It's taken some time, but Gesicki is starting to break out at the end of his second NFL season. Gesicki is showing off his elite athleticism on contested catches and can work his way open with ease whenever Ryan Fitzpatrick rolls out of the pocket. That's exactly how he scored his third and fourth touchdowns of the year. With coach Adam Gase out of his way, it's time to get moderately excited about Gesicki's potential. He'll close the 2019 season with a matchup against the Patriots.

This guy passes the eye test, and looks like a bona fide stud to me. If nothing else he should see a lot of targets in the red zone and be a threat for double digit TDs throughout his prime. 

Heard on XM today some talking heads proclaiming the Chan Gailey hire as bad news for Gesicki, similar to that of O.J. Howard and Bruce Arians.  Anyone have thoughts on that and where you think Mike is worth in TE premium leagues?  Thinking of capitalizing on his end of year and pairing him with early 2nd (in a superflex league that is TE premium) for a WR upgrade as I already have A Hopper, the Hock, J Smith, and I Thomas.  Just not sure where others view him value-wise 

Heard on XM today some talking heads proclaiming the Chan Gailey hire as bad news for Gesicki, similar to that of O.J. Howard and Bruce Arians.  Anyone have thoughts on that and where you think Mike is worth in TE premium leagues?  Thinking of capitalizing on his end of year and pairing him with early 2nd (in a superflex league that is TE premium) for a WR upgrade as I already have A Hopper, the Hock, J Smith, and I Thomas.  Just not sure where others view him value-wise 
A spread offense could help Gesicki, if he's part of the package. I would think Gailey would find ways to use his athleticism. Fitz looked for Gesicki alot.

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe expects Mike Gesicki to be used in the slot in three-wide sets.

Gesicki played some big slot for Miami last year that should continue under OC Chan Gailey, who runs shotgun-heavy gamescripts. With Preston Williams and DeVante Parker locked in on the outside, Gesicki looks to have the target edge over Albert Wilson and Allen Hurns. Gesicki came on late in 2019 — scoring touchdowns in four of the last six weeks. The makings are there for a third-year leap.

SOURCE: ESPN

Feb 24, 2020, 9:21 AM ET

Big year for Gesicki...anything less then establishing himself as a legit TE1 this year will be disappointing...it's year 3, time to produce and become reliable.

Calling my shot: Top 5-6 TE next year

Chan Gailey may not have used TEs much in the past but he has used slot WRs a ton and Gesicki is basically a big slot WR

The tear at the end of last season reminded me of what made Mark Andrews a popular breakout pick after 2018

Cham Gailey coaching history

Looking through these you have seasons in Miam, Buffalo, Pittsburghi and with the Jets where TE are not being used much. Of course those teams didn't have a good TE to throw to either. When he was with KC Tony Gonzalez had 155 targets

Cham Gailey coaching history

Looking through these you have seasons in Miam, Buffalo, Pittsburghi and with the Jets where TE are not being used much. Of course those teams didn't have a good TE to throw to either. When he was with KC Tony Gonzalez had 155 targets
I still look back fondly on the Tyler thigpen era, rode him and tony g to the championship.  Chan uses the TE

I can easily see him filling the Landry role with the added bonus of being a redzone threat.  I just dont trust Gase.  Gesicki seems like he would fill that role well, but then he's really a slot wr with a TE designation.  That a perfect world and honestly we all know he cant block so i hope Miami sees it the same way.  But i remain skeptical. 
Well, I am back in on Gesicki after reacquiring him in my dynasty auction yesterday.  Different coaching staff now so I have more faith, but what I said 2 years ago still applies.

Dolphins' Mike Gesicki the 'evident' first option at tight end

It has reportedly been 'evident' that Mike Gesicki has been the 'first option' at tight end for the Miami Dolphins this offseason. 

WHAT IT MEANS:

Gesicki was an important receiver for the Dolphins at the end of the 2019 season, but still graded outside of PFF's top 30 tight ends in receiving grade due to his inefficiency (he averaged just 6.4 yards per target). He'll be third in line for targets behind DeVante Parker and Preston Williams, and offers elite athleticism at the position. 

The Dolphins could be one of the big bounce-back teams of the year in 2020, but their offense has remained relatively intact heading into the season. Gesicki garnered a solid 15.3% target share last year and could be ready for a breakout this season. He's our TE9 heading into 2020. 

Source: Josh Tolentino, The Athletic

Holy cow, opinions all over the place on this guy. Important. Mediocre. Breakout in 2020. Reduced role in 2020.

He seems to be a favorite darling of draft experts for a big year, but it would’t be a big surprise to see this go south in a hurry. 

Mike Gesicki (glute) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

He'll be fine for Sunday's opener against the Patriots. Gesicki is expected to see a ton of work out of the slot this season in new OC Chan Gailey's spread-them-out offense. Gesicki is a prime breakout candidate.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:42 PM ET

Mike Gesicki (glute) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice. 

The Dolphins have not expressed concern about Gesicki's status for the opener. Expected to see plenty of snaps in a "big slot" role, Gesicki begins the year on the TE1/2 borderline with room to grow. 

Sep 10, 2020, 1:59 PM ET

Mike Gesicki (glute) practiced in full on Friday.

Gesicki was limited in practice on Wednesday and Thursday, so this was an upgrade and gives us confidence that he'll be fully available for Week 1. The problem is that game will be in New England against one of the better satefy duos in the NFL. Gesicki has long-term TE1/2 appeal but expectations should be held in check on Sunday. Look for Gesicki to man the "big slot" role, especially after the Dolphins had their first- and second-string slot receivers opt out of the season a few weeks ago.

Sep 11, 2020, 9:00 PM ET

Mike Gesicki caught 3-of-4 targets for 30 yards in the Dolphins' Week 1 loss to the Patriots.

Gesicki didn't have much of a chance against New England's secondary, particularly with Ryan Fitzpatrick struggling (3 INTs, 0 TDs). Gesicki at least had the role we expected as the Dolphins' "big slot" receiver. His size and athleticism was on display as well, so better days are coming. Expectations should remain low against the Bills' awesome safety duo in Week 2. Gesicki will be a TE2 then.

- Rotoworld

Gesicki deserves a blurb for his performance against the Bills. This man is a boss. Congrats to those who held patiently.

Gesicki deserves a blurb for his performance against the Bills. This man is a boss. Congrats to those who held patiently.
Better men than I. I remember him getting tossed around his rookie year like a high school kid and I straight up bailed. Didn't think he last three seasons.

Gonna be so annoying trying to figure out who to start between Gesicki and Hockenson this year. This is why I hate streaming TEs. 

Started him everywhere last week.  Benched him everywhere this week.  Feel like he's gonna be one of those guys that blows up on the bench.  THrowing him back in there this week though.

Started him everywhere last week.  Benched him everywhere this week.  Feel like he's gonna be one of those guys that blows up on the bench.  THrowing him back in there this week though.
After watching yesterday, if I had him I wouldn't take him out for anybody other than Kelce, or Kittle. Unless they put in Tua which would be dumb, I know.

Users who are viewing this thread