What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (5 Viewers)

Not trolling at all.  She should welcome it to go on his show and share her views......unless she is afraid to.  It's easy for someone like her to stay in her comfort zone.  The really good politicians aren't afraid to mix it up with others that don't agree with them.
Going on a show to share views and a debate are two different things.

Not trolling at all.  She should welcome it to go on his show and share her views......unless she is afraid to.  It's easy for someone like her to stay in her comfort zone.  The really good politicians aren't afraid to mix it up with others that don't agree with them.
If she wants to be taken seriously, there’s no reason to debate him. It’s a publicity stunt if she says yes. You’re acting like she’s the title belt holder and she’s required to take on anyone who challenges her. No other legitimate  politican would have accepted either.

I never really watch her show but that's not my impression.  
The segment about Trump's tax returns was classic.  Also, her meltdown on election night was embarrassing.  Ben Shapiro goes on liberal shows all the time and can debate with the best of them.  He made Piers Morgan look silly just to name one.

The segment about Trump's tax returns was classic.  Also, her meltdown on election night was embarrassing.  Ben Shapiro goes on liberal shows all the time and can debate with the best of them.  He made Piers Morgan look silly just to name one.
Conservative talking head v. liberal talking head seems different to me than a talking head v. a candidate/officeholder from the other party.  Talking heads don't have the same considerations when answering questions. 

She asks prominent conservatives and Republicans on her show all the time, but they decline to appear (probably due to how foolish she made Rand Paul look some years back).
Shapiro welcomes debating leftist.  I don't agree with all of Shapiro's views, such as abortion.  I also don't let religion cloud my judgement. 

OMG this is so great.  :lmao:

Shapiro welcomes debating leftist.  I don't agree with all of Shapiro's views, such as abortion.  I also don't let religion cloud my judgement. 
Shapiro is a nobody, so of course he welcomes debating anyone that will improve his dismal AM talk show ratings. I don't know why you are comparing him to Maddow, who has the top rated show in cable, per the most recent ratings.

Shapiro is a nobody, so of course he welcomes debating anyone that will improve his dismal AM talk show ratings. I don't know why you are comparing him to Maddow, who has the top rated show in cable, per the most recent ratings.
I was the one that brought up Maddow, I don't know political commentators well enough to pick the liberal equivalent to Shapiro.

That would require to give up on “Every guy who can’t get laid’s favorite public intellectual.”
I recently learned that Jordan Peterson thinks that ancient cultures discovered the DNA double helix because they did art of entwined snakes, when in fact that's just how snakes mate. 

These people are all so, so, so stupid.

Maddow has had conservatives on her show. Not regularly, but I’ve seen them. Don’t remember any Freedom Caucus members. But she does interviews. It isn’t a “debate” show. 
I haven't seen any of these interviews but I'm sure they exists.  When things get tough does she mute the mic or end the interview like Don Lemon does?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you give some examples from the past were a legitimate political  candidate debated a talk show host / political hack?

I haven't seen any of these interviews but I'm sure they exists.  When things get tough does she mute the mike or end the interview like Don Lemon does?
No. She never muted anyone or cut off the interview prematurely that I can ever recall. In fact with Rand Paul she blew past two commercial breaks to give him the opportunity to clarify what he said (think the interview which was supposed to be 6-8 minutes ended up running about 23).

Can you give some examples from the past were a legitimate political  candidate debated a talk show host / political hack?
You can probably go look them up but my guess is that if they do go on talk shows, they go on shows that lean to their political views.  This would be true for both Democrats and Republicans. 

No. She never muted anyone or cut off the interview prematurely that I can ever recall. In fact with Rand Paul she blew past two commercial breaks to give him the opportunity to clarify what he said (think the interview which was supposed to be 6-8 minutes ended up running about 23).
Then Kudos to Rachel Maddow.  It's refreshing to know that she hasn't stooped to the Don Lemon level.

I haven't seen any of these interviews but I'm sure they exists.  When things get tough does she mute the mic or end the interview like Don Lemon does?
No. That’s more an O’Reilly thing.  I didn’t watch her much in the W years, but I have no idea where this idea that she is the left’s version of Hannity comes from. It’s not a particularly snarky show. 

Shapiro is a nobody, so of course he welcomes debating anyone that will improve his dismal AM talk show ratings.
You are severely underestimating the reach of his podcast. 15 million downloads per month (not counting other methods of delivery) makes him bigger than most CNN or MSNBC shows, I believe.

You are severely underestimating the reach of his podcast. 15 million downloads per month (not counting other methods of delivery) makes him bigger than most CNN or MSNBC shows, I believe.
If you honestly believe Ben Shapiro's podcast has as big an audience as the top rated show on cable, then I don't know what to say in response.

He debates all the time.  Asking her to come to his forum that he has been practicing since he was 15 is the definition of staying in a comfort zone. 

0 chance Shapiro does that.  Barely goes 5mins without selling something on his podcast.  

Cortez is the democratic verson of Palin. She should not embarass herself and debate anyone. Maybe she'll mature over the years and become a better speaker, but she currently sounds like an unprepared sorority girl.

"Bigger than most CNN or MSNBC shows," but that doesn't include Maddow, although the implication would be that it did. Yeah, got it.
Maddow is the biggest news show on cable TV. "Bigger than most CNN or MSNBC shows" means bigger than the median show, not bigger than the biggest one. Your inference to the contrary wasn't based on an implication from me. My point was that Shapiro isn't a "nobody," as you claimed. People underestimate the reach of the most popular podcasts as compared to more traditional forms of media like TV.

Users who are viewing this thread