What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (6 Viewers)

How exactly has AOC amassed a ton of money? I mean she makes a good salary as a member of congress but where is the rest of her income coming from?

How exactly has AOC amassed a ton of money? I mean she makes a good salary as a member of congress but where is the rest of her income coming from?

:coffee:

Fact Check-No evidence Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has a net worth of $29 million​

There is no evidence that Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has a net worth of $29 million, despite online claims that that figure was released by Forbes magazine. Forbes has denied releasing the $29 million figure and no other reliable source for the claim has been cited.

Ocasio-Cortez’s most recent financial disclosure, filed in 2021, shows she had between $3,003 and $45,000 in assets, including her 401k pension plan, and owed at least $15,000 in student debts.

Posts on social media and articles have claimed that Ocasio-Cortez has a net worth of $29 million (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), often including a list of supposed assets. Most of these cite as their source an article (here) on CAknowledge.com, a website that previously made unsubstantiated claims - debunked by Reuters - about the income of Jen Psaki (here).

The CAknowledge article, entitled “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Net Worth 2022 (Forbes) AOC Assets Salary Cars House,” does not state its source of information, other than the reference to Forbes in the title.

While Forbes regularly releases the estimated net worth of high-profile individuals, there is no online record of it doing so for Ocasio-Cortez (shorturl.at/amsY4), (here).

“Forbes has not reported, nor can we confirm the net worth of Alexandria Ocasio- Cortez at this time,” Jocelyn Swift, director of corporate communications at Forbes told Reuters by email.

There is no evidence that Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has a net worth of $29 million, despite online claims that that figure was released by Forbes magazine. Forbes has denied releasing the $29 million figure and no other reliable source for the claim has been cited.

Ocasio-Cortez’s most recent financial disclosure, filed in 2021, shows she had between $3,003 and $45,000 in assets, including her 401k pension plan, and owed at least $15,000 in student debts.

Posts on social media and articles have claimed that Ocasio-Cortez has a net worth of $29 million (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), (here), often including a list of supposed assets. Most of these cite as their source an article (here) on CAknowledge.com, a website that previously made unsubstantiated claims - debunked by Reuters - about the income of Jen Psaki (here).

The CAknowledge article, entitled “Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Net Worth 2022 (Forbes) AOC Assets Salary Cars House,” does not state its source of information, other than the reference to Forbes in the title.

While Forbes regularly releases the estimated net worth of high-profile individuals, there is no online record of it doing so for Ocasio-Cortez (shorturl.at/amsY4), (here).

“Forbes has not reported, nor can we confirm the net worth of Alexandria Ocasio- Cortez at this time,” Jocelyn Swift, director of corporate communications at Forbes told Reuters by email.
That GIANT S suits you , you`re like Superman coming to the rescue of every liberal leftist anyone has issue with

That GIANT S suits you , you`re like Superman coming to the rescue of every liberal leftist anyone has issue with

Especially when people lie about things, like her supposed multi-million dollar wealth. :yes:

Especially when people lie about things, like her supposed multi-million dollar wealth. :yes:
Who did that?

LOL..if you can find me a Tesla 3 lease for 350 a month shoot me a PM. Was looking at them and the best deal I found from Tesla 3 for a lease was 519.00 a month with 5 grand down payment and only 10K miles a year and that`s a joke. I put 18-20k miles on a year.
From the innerwebs. She bought her Tesla in 2020. And it's a Model 3. And I would guess that in 2020 you could easily lease a 3 for not much more than 350 a month.

Not sure why your constraints of having to drive more than 10K a year matter though

No doubt she will be one soon. Any time she wants to make a book deal, she’‘ll do very well.

LOL..if you can find me a Tesla 3 lease for 350 a month shoot me a PM. Was looking at them and the best deal I found from Tesla 3 for a lease was 519.00 a month with 5 grand down payment and only 10K miles a year and that`s a joke. I put 18-20k miles on a year.
From the innerwebs. She bought her Tesla in 2020. And it's a Model 3. And I would guess that in 2020 you could easily lease a 3 for not much more than 350 a month.

Not sure why your constraints of having to drive more than 10K a year matter though

I was looking at 3s, you can lower your payment as much as you want with a big down payment. The 519 was with 5 grand down, if I put 7-8 down I could get it to 3s.

At 30 cents a mile fee when you go over 10K miles adds up to 2400.00 a year if I go 8K over.

AOC dances to protesters chanting “AOC has got to go” at an event in her district tonight LINK
How does this make you feel?

She was getting attacked by her own people and the dancing was her self defense mechanism kicking in. She had to act like it did not bother her.
Act? She doesn't give a #### about her constituents.
There you go Norv. Let it out. Let it all out.
Let it all out? This isn't even the tip of the ol iceberg. It's about 6 or 7 milibergs. I top 120 milibergs and I'm either getting a TO or threade deletion.

Not talking just about Cortez but seems all members of congress and senate seem to get some passive income along the way. It is a lucrative job.

Chuck Shumer who collects watches has been "gifted" almost a million dollars in watches over the years.

Over the years, a lot of wealthy donors have gifted Chuck Schumer with luxury and vintage watches.

• Richard Mille – $150,000 USD
  • Rolex – $130,000 USD
  • Jaeger Lecoultre – $300,000 USD
  • Piaget – $140,000 USD
  • Franck Muller – $250,000 USD

I'd like to read more about this but can't get anything on Google. Do you have a link?

To be clear, government corruption is awful and if AOC or Schumer have been trading gov't favors for personal profit, not only should they be removed from office but also prosecuted.

But let's keep it real, Republicans sudden interest in ethics is laughable. The leader of the Republican Party openly directed the US Gov't to pay his company 10s of millions of dollars directly over the course of his presidency, and the Party was fine with it. He put his kids on the payroll and made them White House advisors. Not a peep from the GOP.

Again, corruption is bad and if Democrats are guilty, prosecute them. But spare me the outrage from conservatives who have proven zero interest in ethics.

Not talking just about Cortez but seems all members of congress and senate seem to get some passive income along the way. It is a lucrative job.

Chuck Shumer who collects watches has been "gifted" almost a million dollars in watches over the years.

Over the years, a lot of wealthy donors have gifted Chuck Schumer with luxury and vintage watches.

• Rolex – $130,000 USD
  • Piaget – $140,000 USD

I'd like to read more about this but can't get anything on Google. Do you have a link?
Yea. I can’t find anything on this and i looked at a few pages of google and tried a few different search words. If true this should not be allowed and eff him for doing so

It was obviously somewhere or I would not have posted it, I can`t find it now. I will delete it an repost if I find it. I am at work but will look later.

"eff him" Thats allowed now? :wink:

• Rolex – $130,000 USD
  • Piaget – $140,000 USD

Yea. I can’t find anything on this and i looked at a few pages of google and tried a few different search words. If true this should not be allowed and eff him for doing so

It was obviously somewhere or I would not have posted it, I can`t find it now. I will delete it an repost if I find it.

I'm not questioning you Guru, I'm sure you read that somewhere. I'd just like to read more about it. Seems very strange.

• Rolex – $130,000 USD
  • Piaget – $140,000 USD

It was obviously somewhere or I would not have posted it, I can`t find it now. I will delete it an repost if I find it.

I'm not questioning you Guru, I'm sure you read that somewhere. I'd just like to read more about it. Seems very strange.

I did say almost "all" get some sort of passive income. Somehow I stumbled on Shumer. I will look later.

• Rolex – $130,000 USD
  • Piaget – $140,000 USD

It was obviously somewhere or I would not have posted it, I can`t find it now. I will delete it an repost if I find it. I am at work but will look later.
I just see it on that CAknowledge site, which I'd say looks, well, less than legit. They give Schumer's net worth as $69 million at the top and then $85 million further down the page. And even there, it makes the statement that donors have gifted watches to him but then has that same list as "watches owned," not watches gifted.

• Rolex – $130,000 USD
  • Piaget – $140,000 USD

I just see it on that CAknowledge site, which I'd say looks, well, less than legit. They give Schumer's net worth as $69 million at the top and then $85 million further down the page. And even there, it makes the statement that donors have gifted watches to him but then has that same list as "watches owned," not watches gifted.

Thanks.

Chuck has been a full- time politician since 1980 and it worth almost 70 million? Wowza

To be clear, government corruption is awful and if AOC or Schumer have been trading gov't favors for personal profit, not only should they be removed from office but also prosecuted.

But let's keep it real, Republicans sudden interest in ethics is laughable. The leader of the Republican Party openly directed the US Gov't to pay his company 10s of millions of dollars directly over the course of his presidency, and the Party was fine with it. He put his kids on the payroll and made them White House advisors. Not a peep from the GOP.

Again, corruption is bad and if Democrats are guilty, prosecute them. But spare me the outrage from conservatives who have proven zero interest in ethics.

I will never understand this childish line of thinking. If somebody does something wrong, its wrong and that's it. You don't point the finger and say , "Well they did something bad too so naaaa! "

Integrity. Have some.

I will never understand this childish line of thinking. If somebody does something wrong, its wrong and that's it. You don't point the finger and say , "Well they did something bad too so naaaa! "

Integrity. Have some.

Deflection...it is part of the playbook.

Integrity. Have some.
Can you re-read the first paragraph of my post please?

AOC dances to protesters chanting “AOC has got to go” at an event in her district tonight LINK

She was getting attacked by her own people and the dancing was her self defense mechanism kicking in. She had to act like it did not bother her.
Her own people? Pretty sure those folks have never voted for a democrat in their life.
Yeah, think she handled it pretty well. I mean, what else was she to do ?
Seemed pretty obnoxious to me. Basically laughing in their faces. Not that anyone should expect any different.

The "correct" media optics play would to announce she's having food catered in, and she will set up a table and spend the entire night talking to each and every person there with their concerns, but on a pure one on one basis for 15 minutes each, so she can personalize and empathize with their specific situations. And while they are waiting and eating, she'll have staffers interview each one and write down their concerns.

Then put a security detail by each exit, implying no one is going to leave until she's done.

That would silence the room. Immediately.

She failed to command the room. Thus she failed period. That's true no matter her political leaning. Never allow anyone else to control the room. Never allow anyone else to frame the narrative. Never allow anyone else to set the "pace" of engagement.
This is great schtick.

Integrity. Have some.
Can you re-read the first paragraph of my post please?

I read it all again. You should have stopped there.

The second part is irrelevant to the first.

Her own people? Pretty sure those folks have never voted for a democrat in their life.
What’s this now? If those people live in her district, but didn’t vote for her, they’re not her people?

Users who are viewing this thread