What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, KC (1 Viewer)

Is that his entire career, or just his career stats with Stafford?
Entire career. 7 seasons with Stafford, 2 without.  Not going to research every year individually because I doubt it moves the needle.

Can we stop the Stafford stuff and focus on MVS in here?
Fair enough.  I am debating MVS with AJ Green hurt.  It's an end of bench spot so l'm also looking at Dez & Malcolm Brown.  Probably going to go with MVS.

I've been starting him but to bye weeks, the last few.  But I might just keep him in my lineup permanently. I can see a break out game real soon. And his floor seems to be pretty good

Entire career. 7 seasons with Stafford, 2 without.  Not going to research every year individually because I doubt it moves the needle.
It would. Near the end it was brutal owning him. You had to own him and watch the games to see it. Sure when he first came in and threw to Calvin, it was a lot early in games. As an owner, I watched every game.

Yes, back to MVS.

Temper expectations as Miami could be blown out. It could be 27-6. Against the Jets last week, Miami had a total of 7 first downs.

Temper expectations as Miami could be blown out. It could be 27-6. Against the Jets last week, Miami had a total of 7 first downs.
I agree here. I'm actually benching him in one dynasty league in favor of J Moore as I think this game could see some higher volumes for backups. 

Call me crazy but I dont have much to lose in that league... I'm in last place and against the 1st place team. Waiting for people to accuse me of tanking on purpose. although at this point I'm not upset if I keep losing. 

I am starting him in another dynasty league because I dont really have much better alternatives due to byes and injuries 

Last edited by a moderator:
Where would you rank MVS for the rest of the year (including this week’s tough matchup)?

Without getting too “my team”, I have the option to trade for either MVS or Amari Cooper and, while very high on MVS, am torn between who I’d rank higher. 

They both seem seem to be in that “Low WR2/WR3” with high WR2 upside. 

Where would you rank MVS for the rest of the year (including this week’s tough matchup)?

Without getting too “my team”, I have the option to trade for either MVS or Amari Cooper and, while very high on MVS, am torn between who I’d rank higher. 

in cases like this I go with the better QB. Cooper may get more volume but MVS may do more with what hes given. My opinion is their volume will be similar. GB passes more than Dallas. 

I like both a decent amount.   Can't say which one I like more but I'd trade for one of them. If I had to pick one maybe Cooper b/c I think Garrett is going to force balls to him to try and the owner look good. But like MVS quite a bit as well.

I like him today...GB blowing anyone out seems unlikely. 

They may but I don’t see them pulling MVS or anyone too early.  And I think Rodgets is wanting to make a statement.

Im leaning him over Ridley and Michel in my flex.

I like him today...GB blowing anyone out seems unlikely. 

They may but I don’t see them pulling MVS or anyone too early.  And I think Rodgets is wanting to make a statement.

Im leaning him over Ridley and Michel in my flex.
true, with the offense dysfunction I'm not sure they pull anyone too early. put him back in for me. at the very least I'm playing my best guy

true, with the offense dysfunction I'm not sure they pull anyone too early. put him back in for me. at the very least I'm playing my best guy
It will be me my struggle the rest of the year having Michel Ridley and MVS .  Most days Michel will get the nod. Coming off an injury with a bye next week his usage scares me. 

MVS has either scored a TD or had 100 yards 4 straight weeks. Cobb still banged up just has me feeling  another good game for MVS is coming today.  Ridley is too much boom or bust for me right now.

Starting him over Trequon Smith at flex  WITH Adams in one of my other WR spots. Kind of like how that looks this week against opposition where they should points on the board  

How are people feeling about MVS tomorrow night? I know he underperformed expectations a bit last week and some may be down on him. But he's still Rogers #2 and did get a lot of targets this week. Thinking about sitting him as i have some other decent options but that's making me a little nervous.

Strangely, it appears that if Cobb is out it may work against MVS. See ESPN analysis (and take with a grain of salt). I'd think they find a way to get MVS on the perimeter. Rotoworld's Silva also points this out:

ESPN

If Randall Cobb (hamstring) returns, downgrade him vs. Seattle slot corner Justin Coleman and upgrade Marquez Valdes-Scantling opposite Adams against Flowers and Griffin. If Cobb is out again, MVS will work inside against Coleman and should be downgraded, whereas Equanimeous St. Brown will be a sleeper opposite Adams. Seattle has allowed the fewest fantasy points to the slot over the past eight weeks.

ROTO/SILVA

With Cobb (hamstring) sidelined again, Valdes-Scantling will primarily play slot receiver after running 62% of his routes inside in last week’s win. St. Brown was Green Bay’s other perimeter wideout but ran only 19 routes behind Adams’ 32 and MVS’ 31. Valdes-Scantling warrants upside WR3 treatment averaging 6.8 targets for 72.2 yards with two TDs over his last five games. MVS offers more big-play potential outside, and a higher volume floor in the slot. He had six grabs against the Dolphins, but all came close to the line of scrimmage. … 

Strangely, it appears that if Cobb is out it may work against MVS. See ESPN analysis (and take with a grain of salt). I'd think they find a way to get MVS on the perimeter. Rotoworld's Silva also points this out:

ESPN

If Randall Cobb (hamstring) returns, downgrade him vs. Seattle slot corner Justin Coleman and upgrade Marquez Valdes-Scantling opposite Adams against Flowers and Griffin. If Cobb is out again, MVS will work inside against Coleman and should be downgraded, whereas Equanimeous St. Brown will be a sleeper opposite Adams. Seattle has allowed the fewest fantasy points to the slot over the past eight weeks.

ROTO/SILVA

With Cobb (hamstring) sidelined again, Valdes-Scantling will primarily play slot receiver after running 62% of his routes inside in last week’s win. St. Brown was Green Bay’s other perimeter wideout but ran only 19 routes behind Adams’ 32 and MVS’ 31. Valdes-Scantling warrants upside WR3 treatment averaging 6.8 targets for 72.2 yards with two TDs over his last five games. MVS offers more big-play potential outside, and a higher volume floor in the slot. He had six grabs against the Dolphins, but all came close to the line of scrimmage. … 
Well that's stupid this guy is tyreek hill fast ..he's best at going deep ..well hurry up Cobb and come back 

MVS is locked in as my WR3 rest of the way behind Thomas and Gordon. I put him over my other guys Westbrook, Kirk and T Williams. 

In as I can;t gamble on AJ Green playing.  So in over J Brown due to potential QB challenges and I am already starting Collins of Balt

Out...he has been a good flex...but I won't start him over Boyd at WR2...and going with P. Lindsay at flex over MVS, Ridley, and Collins.

In as I can;t gamble on AJ Green playing.  So in over J Brown due to potential QB challenges and I am already starting Collins of Balt
Have the same exact decision and going with MVS.

The analysis of MVS going into the slot because Cobb is out is all over the board. Had previously thought it was a bad thing but maybe not according to FantasyPros who write up a nice weekly primer:

Marquez Valdes-Scantling: With Randall Cobb out of the lineup last week, Valdes-Scantling moved back into his near full-time slot role, which is great for his projection as slot targets are worth more than perimeter targets. That’s precisely the case against the Seahawks, as they have former undrafted free agent Justin Coleman manning the slot. If there’s one area of the field where the Seahawks have struggled, it’s covering slot receivers, as Emmanuel Sanders tagged them for 10/135/1, Cooper Kupp for 6/90/1, and Keenan Allen for 6/124/0. Those account for three of the four top four performances allowed by the Seahawks this season. If you own Valdes-Scantling, you probably want to plug him in as a WR3 this week, as Cobb is out again.

His deep balls have gone away which hurts him.  Nobody really playing the Cobb role.  It’s hurting this offense.

Sickening.

Rodgers is completely locked in on Adams.

Graham banged up. 

Damn. Let's get a handful of points here.

7 targets, 6 catches last week. 3 for 3 and over a 100the week before. Tonight, 3 targets, last one bounced literally 2 feet in front of him on a simple out pattern.  WTF can you do?  

ESPN

ROTO/SILVA

I should have listened 

Marquez Valdes-Scantling caught 1-of-3 targets for eight yards in the Packers' Week 11 loss to the Seahawks.

That's going to leave a mark. It was the first time in seven games MVS failed to post at least 38 yards. Aaron Rodgers was laser focused on Davante Adams. Aaron Jones was also gobbling up touches. The entire Packers offense went off the rails in the second half, limiting opportunity for everyone. MVS will look to bounce back as a WR4 for Week 12 against the Vikings.

Users who are viewing this thread