What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, KC (2 Viewers)

Dropped the go ahead TD tonight. Tripped over his own legs trying to track another deep pass earlier in the game. Supposedly leads the league in drops on attempts over 30+ yards (6). Thank goodness he’s not due anymore guarantees next year. Chiefs will save $12MM when they inevitably cut him.

Anybody watch the postgame tonight? Holy hell, I’ve never seen someone get run over by a bigger bus.

Yeah, he coulda caught it. Mahomes coulda also put it out there better. But holy hell, ESPN has just been absolutely killing him over and over and over. Just brutal.
I’m not sure how Mahomes could have thrown that any better.
Dude has been know for drops his whole career. I know he’s a pro and all, but I feel kind of bad for him.

And I can’t stand the Chiefs.

Anybody watch the postgame tonight? Holy hell, I’ve never seen someone get run over by a bigger bus.

Yeah, he coulda caught it. Mahomes coulda also put it out there better. But holy hell, ESPN has just been absolutely killing him over and over and over. Just brutal.

Dude has been know for drops his whole career. I know he’s a pro and all, but I feel kind of bad for him.
This is why I don’t understand why the Chiefs don’t play who they consider their best 3 WRs instead of rolling out Scantling and Moore. Seems like giving them targets is a waste. Seems Rice is their best play maker. Perplexing.

This is why I don’t understand why the Chiefs don’t play who they consider their best 3 WRs instead of rolling out Scantling and Moore. Seems like giving them targets is a waste. Seems Rice is their best play maker. Perplexing.

And they are still ignoring McKinnon. So much for the "after bye-week magic" from Andy Reid.

To be fair, he has been one of the biggest disappearing acts in the league despite playing with 2 future HoF QBs. He is another fast WR that can't catch. For some reason, teams never seem to be able to quit guys like this.

I’m not sure how Mahomes could have thrown that any better.

And I can’t stand the Chiefs.
It’s pretty bad when you make Willie Gault look like HOF’er

For most of the snaps played in the season, MVS is a highly paid decoy. I am convinced his primary role is to stretch the defense and not catch passes.

A test case for the idea that a wide-receiver just needs the right situation to flourish. Couldn't have come into a better situation, deep threat WR with the leagues best QB and other worldly deep ball thrower. Does nothing.

Released today.

Given how successful and well-run of an organization it is, it's amazing how much they've failed at throwing a lot of money and premium draft picks at WRs: MVS, Toney, Skyy Moore, etc.

Last edited:
Given how successful and well-run of an organization it is, it's amazing how much they've failed at throwing a lot of money and premium draft picks at WRs: MVS, Toney, Skyy Moore, etc.
Yeah, but they also drafted Hill and turned him into 3 Super Bowl rings.

But they definitely need to do better at that position.

A test case for the idea that a wide-receiver just needs the right situation to flourish. Couldn't have come into a better situation, deep threat WR with the leagues best QB and other worldly deep ball thrower. Does nothing.
Amazingly, the Chiefs simply don't win the last two Super Bowls without him. Had an amazing AFCCG last year when literally everyone who could catch a ball got hurt.

And then this year, makes a handful of clutch catches to win games throughout the playoffs.

But yeah, he had the best situation and made some good money but never really flourished completely. And two Super Bowl rings to boot.

He couldn’t catch the ball in Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers, he wasn’t going to suddenly learn to catch in KC with Mahomes. Everyone said it was a bad signing at the time given the large $ and his hands. I desperately tried to trade him once he hit the jackpot on landing spots but everyone in my leagues knew he had the dropsies.

Ironically he directly cost them regular season games but managed to come up big when it counted in the playoffs as @ChiefD mentioned.

My grandmother could have caught that barely more than a dump off pass.

His touchdown catch came from further out—I believe ten yards or greater. I think you're thinking of Hardman's catch at the end. But don't let that stop you, JohnnyU.

Users who are viewing this thread