What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Ryder Cup - Sept. 28-30, 2018 Le Golf National Paris, France (1 Viewer)

10-6  tough but doable if some of these guys grow a pair.  Need to go 8-4.  Phil will lose for sure so they need to go 7-3 in the other matches.  Guys like Tiger, DJ, Rickie etc need to step the F up.  DeChambeau needs to look in the mirror tonight and have a talk with himself.  

10-6  tough but doable if some of these guys grow a pair.  Need to go 8-4.  Phil will lose for sure so they need to go 7-3 in the other matches.  Guys like Tiger, DJ, Rickie etc need to step the F up.  DeChambeau needs to look in the mirror tonight and have a talk with himself.  
Not sure I follow your math

Tiger now holds the all time record for most career Ryder Cup losses.
It is baffling how he has always been so poor in the event. 

It was good see something going right in the alternate shots. But I am thinking it was too little too late. Neither Reed or Mickleson look like they can manage a point, so I think the Euros just need to find 4 more points in 10 matches.  

Pairings are released already

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/usa/ryder-cup-2018-tee-times-schedule-course-information

6:05 a.m. ET: Rory McIlroy vs. Justin Thomas

6:17 a.m.: Paul Casey vs. Brooks Koepka

6:29 a.m.: Justin Rose vs. Webb Simpson

6:41 a.m.: Jon Rahm vs. Tiger Woods

6:53 a.m.: Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau

7:05 a.m.: Ian Poulter vs. Dustin Johnson

7:17 a.m.: Thorbjorn Olesen vs. Jordan Spieth

7:29 a.m.: Sergio Garcia vs. Rickie Fowler

7:41 a.m.: Francesco Molinari vs. Phil Mickelson

7:53 a.m.: Tyrrell Hatton vs. Patrick Reed

8:05 a.m.: Henrik Stenson vs. Bubb Watson

8:17 a.m.: Alex Noren vs. Bryson DeChambeau

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Spieth is 3-1 and had 5 birdies in one fourball and 6 birdies in the other. But we get it you always have the blinders on.
:lmao:  That's fair (although i did see some issues no one would admit)..i honestly have missed more of the early action and typically JT is cleaning up late.

That's good though...I was just asking to get less experienced hot guys out early and then hope you can rely on experienced horses late, when the pressure is at it's peak.  JT is a better early guy.  Tiger obviously late.  Spieth I think could go either way.

Pairings are released already

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/usa/ryder-cup-2018-tee-times-schedule-course-information

6:05 a.m. ET: Rory McIlroy vs. Justin Thomas

6:17 a.m.: Paul Casey vs. Brooks Koepka

6:29 a.m.: Justin Rose vs. Webb Simpson

6:41 a.m.: Jon Rahm vs. Tiger Woods

6:53 a.m.: Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau

7:05 a.m.: Ian Poulter vs. Dustin Johnson

7:17 a.m.: Thorbjorn Olesen vs. Jordan Spieth

7:29 a.m.: Sergio Garcia vs. Rickie Fowler

7:41 a.m.: Francesco Molinari vs. Phil Mickelson

7:53 a.m.: Tyrrell Hatton vs. Patrick Reed

8:05 a.m.: Henrik Stenson vs. Bubb Watson

8:17 a.m.: Alex Noren vs. Bryson DeChambeau
Whoa...going all in early...

STANDINGS BEFORE SINGLES MATCHES 1985-2018

Year USA - Europe

1985 7 - 9

1987 5½ - 10½

1989 7 - 9

1991 8 - 8

1993 7½ - 8½

1995 9 - 7

1997 5½ - 10½

1999 6 - 10

2002 8 - 8

2004 5 - 11

2006 6 - 10

2008 9 - 7

2010 7 - 5

2012 10 - 6

2014 6½ - 9½

2016 9½ - 6½

2018 6 - 10

It is baffling how he has always been so poor in the event. 

It was good see something going right in the alternate shots. But I am thinking it was too little too late. Neither Reed or Mickleson look like they can manage a point, so I think the Euros just need to find 4 more points in 10 matches.  
not baffling....no money involved.  players have lots more free time on their hands.  

Whoa...going all in early...
Pretty much the best shot at matching the all-time biggest comeback on Singles Sunday. Both Brookline 1999 and Medinah 2012 the respective Captains front loaded big time & road the early momentum.

There have been 9 comebacks in the previous 41 Ryder Cups. I believe all the other comebacks were two points or less.

JuniorGong said:
Not sure I follow your math
Hah - you're right.  Typing fast.  Both Phil and Patrick Reed are playing horribly.  So if they lose as expected we're looking at slim to none status.  

7 of the 12 USA Team members have never won a Ryder Cup Singles match; the 3 rookies plus Fowler, Simpson, Spieth & Watson.

In the lineup card that’s #1 (Thomas), #3 (WS), #5 (Finau), #7 (JS), #8 (RF), #11 (BW), & #12 (DeChambeau.) Nowhere to hide, but two of those guys have half the USA points so far (Thomas & Spieth.) We need 3 points from this group if everyone else goes undefeated. Meaning we probably need 5 points (SEE BELOW) to have a realistic chance.

#2 Koepka s/b a heavy favorite. 

#4 Woods only singles loss was 1997 when he was a rookie.

#6 DJ has had a rough week & is up against Poulter, but he’s undefeated (3-0) in Singles.

#9 Phil is 5-5-1 in Singles & up against Molinari, so he’ll be a huge underdog.

#10 Patrick Reed owns Singles wins over Stenson & McIlroy, but his ball striking has been pathetic this week. Hatton should win easily.

Welp....can’t wait until Whistling Straits!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the US has front loaded the lineup.  They really need points from 3 of first 4 groups.  We might know fairly early what kind of day this will be.

I can't see Koepka losing to Casey either.  The US could get off to a decent start here.

Finau-Fleetwood looks to be a very critical match.  If Finau could pull it out somehow, the US may have a shot at this.

I can't see Koepka losing to Casey either.  The US could get off to a decent start here.

Finau-Fleetwood looks to be a very critical match.  If Finau could pull it out somehow, the US may have a shot at this.
I'm expecting Finau to get boatraced. Fleetwood has played well and likes this course - won Euro tour event here.

In fairness he has only played in one of them since then. Tiger looks like he can’t wait to get out of France.
Exactly my point. The Tiger record is fairly meaningless at this point in time. Most of those matches were a wife and multiple back surgeries ago.

Fowler two down after two holes, I mentioned it yesterday but Rickie is putting together a pretty awful Ryder Cup career. Only two wins in his career to date.

Users who are viewing this thread