What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Ryder Cup - Hazeltine (1 Viewer)

Great ryder cup, and hats off to those on the board who attended live, great job, crowds were awesome!  

Reed mcliroy and phil sergio were incredible matches to watch

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so ####### tired. 3.5 days at the course. Watched 5 and 16 today (saw Moore hit it to 5 ft from 245 out). Feherty was in the fairway at 16 for the last few groups. He was loving the crowd chanting his name. Was more popular than any of the Euros and half the Americans. 

DJs entourage had like 9 absolute smoke shows in it. Paulina obviously but then a bunch of other just magnificent women. No one else had more than one. 

Maltbie chain smokes. 

Bubba was like a kid out there, a kid with ADHD. Really fun. 

Crowd was amazing. I saw/heard like 2 things happen all 3 days that were cringe worthy. Crowd even cheered for the euros often. 

I'm so ####### tired. 3.5 days at the course. Watched 5 and 16 today (saw Moore hit it to 5 ft from 245 out). Feherty was in the fairway at 16 for the last few groups. He was loving the crowd chanting his name. Was more popular than any of the Euros and half the Americans. 

DJs entourage had like 9 absolute smoke shows in it. Paulina obviously but then a bunch of other just magnificent women. No one else had more than one. 

Maltbie chain smokes. 

Bubba was like a kid out there, a kid with ADHD. Really fun. 

Crowd was amazing. I saw/heard like 2 things happen all 3 days that were cringe worthy. Crowd even cheered for the euros often. 
I just read an article that fans were over the line a lot. With a couple people being removed. One guy told Rory to suck a ####

I just read an article that fans were over the line a lot. With a couple people being removed
Eh. There's 50,000 people there. I heard very little over the line. 'A couple people were removed' is a very small number.

Louder than regular golf?  Yes. Cheers when Euros missed putts?  Yes. But generally the crowd policed itself (at least where I was). 

Only managed to get out to the course today. And I had to cut it short and leave at 200 :kicksrock:

Anyway - awesome experience, But man, was it crowded. Not really the way I want to watch a golf match. Glad I went, don't think i would go again though :shrug:

Facts from Sergio/Lefty match

1. They made a combined 19 birdies

2. They shot a combined score of 58 (14 under)

3. Sergio didn’t make a bogey

4. Phil had a three-putt and still shot 63

5. Phil made more birdies (10) than anybody else on Sunday

6. Phil made more birdies than every single four-ball pairing

7. Sergio was one of just two Europeans not to make a bogey on Sunday

Sergio & Phil's best ball
Birdie
Birdie
Birdie
Birdie
Birdie
Birdie
Birdie
Par
Par
Birdie
Par
Birdie
Par
Birdie
Birdie
Birdie
Birdie
Birdie

Was wondering how open DJ would be about celebratory boozing. Apparently quite.

"11 gackers on the back of the toilet in the far left stall, fellas."

I keep seeing this. Wondering why?
Guy has a reputation of being a huge **** since college.  Allegedly stole money from people, belittled teammates, changed schools so he could be the top guy and play Augusta, etc.  Essentially, there's so many small stories about him that, generally, there must be some truth. 

That said, the Ryder Cup has done a ton for his rep and really the last couple of years haven't produced much drama for him.  Maybe he's grown out of it. 

Rickie played great yesterday.  I was down on him earlier and I thought Rose would beat him easily.  I was wrong.  Great match, Rickie.  

Same for Phil.  Almost feel bad for Sergio.  That match was epic.  Phil is amazing when he can focus.  They were matching shot for shot.  Awesome match.  
At least Phil and Sergio halved.

Quote of the weekend:

"I think the US team were embarrassed about those comments," Westwood said. "I got called a turd, which is the first time since I was about 12 years old, so it made me feel young again."

:lmao:

Reed is getting a lot of love, deservedly. But man do I love Snedecker. His enthusiasm and clutch play was awesome. His post round interview yesterday was so thoughtful and genuine, And the hobbit-like, smirking pic that was his stock photo all week was the best, cracked me and my son up every time they flashed it. Would love to drink beers with Sneds. 

It was also fascinating watching Phil's preshot routine. I've never seen a guy so focussed and grinding over every shot as he was yesterday. You could see him going through a very specific breathing and visualization routine before every shot, then executing it flawlessly almost every time. So cool. He goes too far with his candidness sometimes regarding the failures of past captains and whatnot but nobody cares more than he does. 

And Koepka, what a beast that guy is. Will be fun to watch the next ten years. 

Perfect timing for a rainy weekend in Boston, hardly left my couch. What a blast this event is.

Reed is getting a lot of love, deservedly. But man do I love Snedecker. His enthusiasm and clutch play was awesome. His post round interview yesterday was so thoughtful and genuine, And the hobbit-like, smirking pic that was his stock photo all week was the best, cracked me and my son up every time they flashed it. Would love to drink beers with Sneds. 

It was also fascinating watching Phil's preshot routine. I've never seen a guy so focussed and grinding over every shot as he was yesterday. You could see him going through a very specific breathing and visualization routine before every shot, then executing it flawlessly almost every time. So cool. He goes too far with his candidness sometimes regarding the failures of past captains and whatnot but nobody cares more than he does. 

Perfect timing for a rainy weekend in Boston, hardly left my couch. What a blast this event is.
:goodposting:

Love Sneds too.  So solid.  Phil is amazing, even at 46, when he is focused.  Also love Keopka.  Him and Sned in team play was fun to watch, with his approaches and Sned putting.  

Loved Snedecker and Zack on Saturday afternoon standing with fans by the first tee wearing their USA viking hats.

Guy has a reputation of being a huge **** since college.  Allegedly stole money from people, belittled teammates, changed schools so he could be the top guy and play Augusta, etc.  Essentially, there's so many small stories about him that, generally, there must be some truth. 

That said, the Ryder Cup has done a ton for his rep and really the last couple of years haven't produced much drama for him.  Maybe he's grown out of it. 
I can tell if guys are ##### by the way the sign autographs for the kids.  I go the Wells every year, and last year my daughter goes up to Reed for an autograph.  He signed, but he was kind of rude to her....to a 9 year old.  I am like, dude so what if you bogeyed the last hole in a PRO AM?  Who the heck cares?  You're going to wait a few minutes before teeing off the next hole.....spend a few minutes signing for the fans, who put millions in your pocket?  Reed isn't the worst, but I guess I noticed it more since it was my daughter getting the autograph.

On the other side, years ago, my wife got Davis Love III autograph and he was the nicest guy.  Thanked her for coming out and watching the pros.  Very cool. 

Many of the Euro players are really good guys for autographs, including McIlroy.  The only one I can remember that was kind of stiff was Martin Kaymer.

Thanks. I didn't know.

:thumbup:

I can tell if guys are ##### by the way the sign autographs for the kids.  I go the Wells every year, and last year my daughter goes up to Reed for an autograph.  He signed, but he was kind of rude to her....to a 9 year old.  I am like, dude so what if you bogeyed the last hole in a PRO AM?  Who the heck cares?  You're going to wait a few minutes before teeing off the next hole.....spend a few minutes signing for the fans, who put millions in your pocket?  Reed isn't the worst, but I guess I noticed it more since it was my daughter getting the autograph.

On the other side, years ago, my wife got Davis Love III autograph and he was the nicest guy.  Thanked her for coming out and watching the pros.  Very cool. 

Many of the Euro players are really good guys for autographs, including McIlroy.  The only one I can remember that was kind of stiff was Martin Kaymer.
Most guys don't like to sign in the middle of a round. Pro-am or not that's valuable practice time on a course he hasn't played much. It's a tough spot when a 9 year old comes up during a round asking for an autograph because if he blows her off he's an ####### but if he signs then others see that and hound him. If they're a #### after the round, that's another thing.

Most guys don't like to sign in the middle of a round. Pro-am or not that's valuable practice time on a course he hasn't played much. It's a tough spot when a 9 year old comes up during a round asking for an autograph because if he blows her off he's an ####### but if he signs then others see that and hound him. If they're a #### after the round, that's another thing.
I don't get the whole autograph thing anyway but it is pretty impressive that a 9 year old girl knew who Reed was and wanted his autograph.  Hell most people didn't know who he was coming into this week and now he is a kid favorite, who would have thunk it?

In general Tour guys are more fan-friendly than other sports. Tiger was infamous for not giving many ####s about the fans. 

The reason Phil is so loved by the fans is he's always waving, smiling, tipping his cap, signing stuff. 

Yesterday we watched every group go through 4 (par 3). Guy behind me yells 'We love Amy!'  Phil points to the guy, thumbs up and tipped his cap. Amy waved. 

We also got Furyk to wave when I started a 'mr 58' chant. But he obviously wasn't playing. 

DJ grabbed Paulina and kissed her when some drunk Canucks were chanting 'Paulina Gretzky!'

JB chuckled when someone yelled 'What up Holmes!'

In general Tour guys are more fan-friendly than other sports. Tiger was infamous for not giving many ####s about the fans. 

The reason Phil is so loved by the fans is he's always waving, smiling, tipping his cap, signing stuff. 

Yesterday we watched every group go through 4 (par 3). Guy behind me yells 'We love Amy!'  Phil points to the guy, thumbs up and tipped his cap. Amy waved. 

We also got Furyk to wave when I started a 'mr 58' chant. But he obviously wasn't playing. 

DJ grabbed Paulina and kissed her when some drunk Canucks were chanting 'Paulina Gretzky!'

JB chuckled when someone yelled 'What up Holmes!'
That was you? On Friday? I saw that.

I wondered what Holmes was laughing at.

I wanted to punch the overly clever guy that kept shouting, "Give him the whipstick!" What does that even mean, dooshberry?

I cringe when people judge someone based on a 10 second interaction like an autograph-asking, or whatever it might be. A-holes have good days, and good guys have bad days, just like the rest of us. Who the hell knows what else is going on in famous people's lives during those few seconds you interrupt them.

That said, Reed is a pretty well-documented #####. Maybe he's grown up some though. 

Generally that's true that guys don't like to, but it's part of the gig and I don't necessarily agree that the fans are interfering with their practice time.   It's a practice round or a pro-am.  They get used to it.

A lot of the bigger stars only sign after their round like Phil.  Phil was very nice to the crowd about that on the course....that he would be there all day if he started signing in between holes.   Most players aren't completely hounded by autographs.....they probably sign 5-20 in between holes and take a minute or two.

I don't get the whole autograph thing anyway but it is pretty impressive that a 9 year old girl knew who Reed was and wanted his autograph.  Hell most people didn't know who he was coming into this week and now he is a kid favorite, who would have thunk it?
I told my daughter that Reed was the pro.  In a pro-am, it's usually pretty obvious.  With Reed at that time, he was playing with two older heavy set guys that were smoking cigars while playing. 

Users who are viewing this thread