Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ffrookie

Week 1 waiver thread

Recommended Posts

Golladay (Somehow wasn't drafted in my league)

Enunwa

Dorsett (Hate NE WRs but should be good until Edelman returns)

Marshall (Old and slow but is big bodied and will fill the Baldwin void for a bit and should have value in PPR all season.)

TE is rough this season.  Smith seems like he is worth a chance. 

As mentioned earlier, Dallas WRs seem useless due to the struggles of Dak and that O. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

Golladay (Somehow wasn't drafted in my league)

Enunwa

Dorsett (Hate NE WRs but should be good until Edelman returns)

Marshall (Old and slow but is big bodied and will fill the Baldwin void for a bit and should have value in PPR all season.)

TE is rough this season.  Smith seems like he is worth a chance. 

As mentioned earlier, Dallas WRs seem useless due to the struggles of Dak and that O. 

I agree, but I think Gallup is still a "hold" for at least another week or 2. The talent is there and as bad as Dak & the O looked, they have to throw to someone, right??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 4th&inches said:

I agree, but I think Gallup is still a "hold" for at least another week or 2. The talent is there and as bad as Dak & the O looked, they have to throw to someone, right??

They do have to throw to someone.  But, who is that someone going to be each week?  Gallup, Hurns, and Beasley could all be that most targeted guy in any week.  That being said, Beasley and Hurns are just guys.  Gallup should become the WR1 eventually this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DocHolliday said:

They do have to throw to someone.  But, who is that someone going to be each week?  Gallup, Hurns, and Beasley could all be that most targeted guy in any week.  That being said, Beasley and Hurns are just guys.  Gallup should become the WR1 eventually this season. 

Exactly my point (I think we're agreeing here). The kid is the only WR of the bunch I feel has the talent to be a viable WR1 (WR2/3 in Fantasy) on the roster. 

Because of that, I'm not dropping just yet. not saying I won't eventually...just not after 1 week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 4th&inches said:

Exactly my point (I think we're agreeing here). The kid is the only WR of the bunch I feel has the talent to be a viable WR1 (WR2/3 in Fantasy) on the roster. 

Because of that, I'm not dropping just yet. not saying I won't eventually...just not after 1 week. 

You make sense.  I would not drop Gallup either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB:

Case Keenum has the weapons to be a QB1, and while the three Week 1 interceptions may scare some away, based on Keenum’s 2017 numbers and his camp and preseason play, I don’t expect the interceptions to be an issue going forward.  Keenum rebounded nicely and finished with 329 yards and 3 TDs.

Following a monstrous Week 1 performance, Ryan Fitzpatrick deserves some consideration.  Sure, we have seen this play out many times before, and Winston should return Week #4 to the starting job, but it is not as if Winston has a stronghold on the starting job.  Fitzpatrick is likely a short-term answer, but if you are an Aaron Rodgers owner looking to hedge your bets on Rodgers playing this week, Fitzpatrick could make a nice short-term addition to your fantasy team.

Joe Flacco is likely sitting out there on a lot of waiver wires.  In Week 1, Flacco completed 25 of 34 passes for 236 yards and three touchdowns.  Sure, he won’t face Buffalo every week, but the Ravens have completely overhauled their receiving corps, and Flacco could flirt with QB1 numbers this season.

RB:

Phillip Lindsay is a hot waiver wire add this week, and for good reason.  He looked like the best RB on the team.  However, he is 165 pounds soaking wet, and I worry he cannot sustain his Week 1 workload.  Lindsay has some Tarik Cohen appeal to him as a supplemental back, but this could be a case of chasing stats as the team eases Royce Freeman into a larger share of the workload.  Lindsay may see a decrease in carries and an increase in receptions going forward, making him an intriguing waiver wire add in PPR leagues.

T.J. Yeldon has more than handcuff value, but Leonard Fournette’s hamstring injury reminds us that if Yeldon is sitting on your waiver wire, he probably shouldn’t be.  The versatile former second round pick is one of the more talented backups and a weekly flex play in a part-time role behind Fournette.  Hamstring injuries have a way of lingering, especially for a back with the violent running style of Fournette, so Yeldon is a priority grab this week.

Javorius “Buck” Allen had what you might describe as a workmanlike performance Week 1; however, it is notable that Alex Collins struggled and Allen actually had the most snaps of any Baltimore back Sunday.  Allen finished with four carries for 17 yards and added five receptions for 15 yards on six targets.  Allen should continue to be heavily involved as the team’s primary receiving back, giving him flex appeal at the minimum, but if Collins continues to struggle, Allen’s role could expand.

Jalen Richard could carve out a nice PPR role this season.  He saw the most touches of any RB for the Raiders last night and finished with 9 receptions.  This Raider team could be playing from behind a lot this season, opening up an opportunity for some more big receiving games out of Richard.

Aaron Jones is serving a two-game suspension and perhaps an impatient owner dropped him in a shallow league.  Jamaal Williams failed to impress Week 1and faces a tough Minnesota Defense this week.  Jones could immediately challenge for a significant role.

If either Austin Ekeler or Nyheim Hines is on your PPR waiver wire, they are the passing backs to target in my opinion.  Ekeler will have every-week value as a receiving and change-of-pace option behind Gordon, and if Gordon gets injured, you are sitting on a RB2 with RB1 upside.  Hines’ role should remain intact regardless of what happens between Mack and Wilkins.  My guess is neither of these guys is on many waiver wires.

WR:

Quincy Enunwa appears to be Darnold’s favorite target, and he could be a solid WR2 with upside.  The Jets lined Enunwa up all over the field, and he ended the game with 10 targets.  Coach Todd Bowles was gushing about his big receiver after the game: “He did a heck of a job for us. He blocks, he catches, he runs short and deep routes and it’s exciting to have him in there because he brings a different element and picks everybody up when he’s over there.”  Look for a continued heavy dose of Enunwa in the game scripts going forward.

If Geronimo Allison is available in your league, you should grab him.  Allison was targeted 8 times Sunday night, finishing with 5/69 and an impressive TD.  Rodgers seems to trust Allison, and even as Green Bay’s WR3, Allison should post respectable numbers.  Rodgers’ top three wideouts have had at least 80 targets each since 2015.

Brandon Marshall looks like a great redzone option for the Seahawks, taking the role Jimmy Graham vacated, but the injury to Baldwin could force the team to enlarge that role.  I am interested to see how the Seahawks revamp the receiving game.  Jaron Brown could take on a larger role now, but even so, Marshall’s ability in the redzone gives him some value.  David Moore was on my watch list after his breakout preseason, but Brandon Marshall may keep Moore on the bench for now.  Moore has an incredibly high ceiling.  In Dynasty leagues, I really like Moore, but I am a bit less excited in redraft.

Phillip Dorsett caught 7-of-7 targets for 66 yards and a touchdown in the Patriots’ Week 1 win over the Texans.  If Dorsett is matched up with Jalen Ramsey this week, he isn’t going to match his Week 1 production, but he appears to have the confidence of Tom Brady and should have a significant role going forward, at least until Julian Edelman returns in Week 5.

Cole Beasley caught seven of eight targets for 73 yards in a Week 1 loss to the Panthers.  The Cowboys could continue to struggle to establish a downfield game, and Beasley is a reliable short-area target for Prescott, so this may be more than an anomaly.

Jakeem Grant has Tyreek Hill-like speed, and he was targeted 7 times Sunday (and returned a kick 103 yards).  While it may be a stretch to expect Grant to make a Tyreek Hill type of impact, the Dolphins are bereft of playmakers, and Grant has the type of gamebreaking speed that can quickly change the course of a game.  If you are seeking a deep stash at WR, Grant offers some intrigue.

Dante Pettis wasted no time displaying his big play ability, pulling in a highlight reel catch Week 1.  With starting WR Marquise Goodwin nursing a bruised thigh, Pettis could see more opportunities coming his way.  

TE:

Gruden was singing praises about Jared Cook this summer, so it was not a complete shock to see him breakout last night.  Cook won’t likely have another game all season with stats sniffing 9 receptions for 180 yards, but he proved he is a reliable target and clearly has Carr’s trust (as well as Gruden’s trust).  If you lost either Greg Olsen or Delanie Walker this week, and Cook is out there on your waiver wire, you will need to make a strong play to get him, but he is almost certainly your best option.

Jonnu Smith is incredibly athletic, and his role is set to expand with Delanie Walker out.  With Walker at TE, the Titans leaned heavily on the TE position, but it remains to be seen how much they scale back the TE volume.  Smith is next in line at the position and a solid waiver wire pickup, but don’t expect him to replace Walker’s numbers.

Ian Thomas is an intriguing dynasty talent at TE, but rookies seldom produce quality numbers at TE.  Greg Olsen’s loss will be felt by the Panthers, but unless you play in a very deep league barren of TE talent, look elsewhere for your TE needs.

 

I have had great success in past seasons grabbing the players panicking owners release early in the season.  Don’t get too caught up on the hoopla of potential one-week wonders and dump talented players in a move of desperation.  It is only one week, and while you certainly want to play the waiver wire (especially early in the season), don’t completely abandon your draft day scouting.  However, don’t stubbornly hold onto a player when the writing is clearly on the wall.  Trying to decipher this code is one of the most important keys to fantasy success, in my opinion.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

Yeah, I think I'll be dropping Dak. Also the Chargers D. Looking to grab Quincy or Ekeler. Maybe Bilal Powell who, strangely, went undrafted.

You're going to drop the Chargers D the week before they play Buffalo?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, -fish- said:

You're going to drop the Chargers D the week before they play Buffalo?

He must have a short term memory of Petermans debut there last year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -fish- said:

You're going to drop the Chargers D the week before they play Buffalo?

Honestly wasn't looking ahead. I drafted the Chargers, but then when the mack trade went through, I dropped one of my late round RB fliers and picked up the bears who I started week one. I didn't really expect to carry two defenses, but it looks like I will for a little while...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sho nuff said:

 

Have Freeman so Lindsay seems like a need for me.  Yeldon there too...but as a Freeman owner, does Lindsay make more sense (DJ, Collins, Barber, Michel are my other backs)

I'm on the same boat. I have the #1 priority this week and debating between Lindsay and Yeldon. I'm actually leaning towards Yeldon for immediate assistance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Survivor7700 said:

Now that Will Dissly has been moved to the Starting TE should he be given some looks at the WW as a possible #2 TE?

I could eat crow but absolutely not. Fools gold written all over it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

I'm on the same boat. I have the #1 priority this week and debating between Lindsay and Yeldon. I'm actually leaning towards Yeldon for immediate assistance. 

Call it wishful thinking but I think Fournette is gonna be fine. Maybe a week off but nothing more than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Survivor7700 said:

Now that Will Dissly has been moved to the Starting TE should he be given some looks at the WW as a possible #2 TE?

As a Seattle resident who has watched every game Russell Wilson has played, I don’t think you’ll ever get consistent play out of a Seahawks TE.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 catches for 12 yards next week.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TartanLion said:

Would wait to see what they look like when they are not playing the Lions 

By then it will probably be too late...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd try to sneak in Martavis Bryant on the cheap as a secondary/tertiary pick, maybe sneak him in after he goes unclaimed in waivers. He just signed a 1-year deal and the receivers on Oakland really didn't look good Monday. He may not play for another week, but you get the guy before the breakout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

I'd try to sneak in Martavis Bryant on the cheap as a secondary/tertiary pick, maybe sneak him in after he goes unclaimed in waivers. He just signed a 1-year deal and the receivers on Oakland really didn't look good Monday. He may not play for another week, but you get the guy before the breakout.

Carr would have to actually throw downfield to make him relevant

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -fish- said:

Carr would have to actually throw downfield to make him relevant

Yeah, would need to see the Oakland offense firing before I want to touch any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Socrates brought up Flacco.    He is motivated and has 3 good WRs.  As a Ryan owner, I'm a little concerned at QB.   it may be wise to add Flacco just in case Matty continues to disappoint.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:20 PM, Ketamine Dreams said:

Maybe Dante Pettis 

.  Is this based on just stats/usage  I mean care to specify why exactly?

/Fixed for folks who don't like being challenged

Edited by Dismattle
meat of the matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krilons Resa said:

Please rank these QB's...

 

Tyrod

Keenum

Flacco

 

I'm in desperate need of a backup.

As a Watson owner I'm thinking:

Keenum 

Flacco

Taylor

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krilons Resa said:

Please rank these QB's...

 

Tyrod

Keenum

Flacco

 

I'm in desperate need of a backup.

Reverse em  I play in a 2QB League and have Kelly rostered so my view is biased  Id be concerned w/ the Ravens at QB because of any remote possibility of QBBC if that makes any sense  Hard to say what to expect from Tyrod  I can't explain how he couldn't connect w/ Josh Gordon  Maybe too conservative like McNabb who wasn't too fond of risking a pick?

May I ask in all seriousness whose available on the wire?  Watch for jokes because of wording which appears more Assisted Coach 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dismattle said:

This call almost really upsets me...  Not that it's at all unspeakable but more so the actual likelihood   Guy on Twitter (go figure) whose job is to cover the 9er's says more bad on Pettis than should be deemed acceptable  (my thoughts)  I'm almost certain I have seen a guy fired who was calling out a 1st Rnd WR for the Chief's who warned that some player just could not beat press coverage...  So anyway is this based on just stats/usage  I mean care to specify why exactly?

The guy I'd like to throw out there is the Cards rookie RB Chase Edmonds  I dropped the Card's Defense and actually have three Defense's on the roster because it has now become more a position of weakness than anything else  Chargers also disappointed at least w/o Bosa and a few other players  (fwiw) I added both Browns n' Skins  (Big points League so most rostered)

This might be a questionable take on Pettis to say the least  It does however mention factual info on like injuries  ex. Guy raved on Joe Jackson who didn't make the 53 :loco:  https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/1038884920414810112

Personally feel I may be losing out on Pettis but I'm not so sold on the QB  I was a Garoppolo fan until the media seemed really hyped for what amounted to not so much

im not sure what you are trying to say....Ive read this several times......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dismattle said:

Reverse em  I play in a 2QB League and have Kelly rostered so my view is biased  Id be concerned w/ the Ravens at QB because of any remote possibility of QBBC if that makes any sense  Hard to say what to expect from Tyrod  I can't explain how he couldn't connect w/ Josh Gordon  Maybe too conservative like McNabb who wasn't too fond of risking a pick?

May I ask in all seriousness whose available on the wire?  Watch for jokes because of wording which appears more Assisted Coach 

Aside from them three....Tannehill, Manning, Trubisky, Bradford, Foles, Fitzpatrick, Allen.  lol

 

14 team league.  The reason why I like Tyrod is because of his low-floor due to his legs.  He also has good talent around him...but that coaching staff!  Keenum also has great talent all around him and I believe he has great potential and showed grit this past weekend.  I threw Flacco in there cuz he is probably the third best option and seems to have a fire under his ### with best talent in years around him.

 

I'm sure others are in need of QB waiver wire fodder.

Edited by Krilons Resa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

im not sure what you are trying to say....Ive read this several times...…

my bad...   I just cared to know why exactly someone is posting to add a rookie WR  Five targets w/ two receptions and a TD  While it's much better than other rooks like for example Gallup or Washington  Is it more a usage plug or what exactly  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Krilons Resa  I do not enjoy giving too much a take because I know some folks play for monies  I would like to think Trubisky is a fine option  But Chicago has a near perfect track record of not having a solid QB  Watched a game last Season that had me thinking the guy just couldn't ball  Lots of supporting cast though and without a doubt the yr long starter  Hopefully you get some real Guru responses!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need the OP of these week “x” waiver wire threads to update the OP.

I don’t want to read through 4-5 pages of this, and tbh, I’d trust the collaborative opinion of this thread more than any other service I could find. 

Cant we organize this a little better? Every person puts there 1/2 per position and we tally them up on Tuesday night?

It would actually be a good exercise too, see how we perform as a group.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

im not sure what you are trying to say....Ive read this several times......

whew...I thought it was just me

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

We need the OP of these week “x” waiver wire threads to update the OP.

I don’t want to read through 4-5 pages of this, and tbh, I’d trust the collaborative opinion of this thread more than any other service I could find. 

Cant we organize this a little better? Every person puts there 1/2 per position and we tally them up on Tuesday night?

It would actually be a good exercise too, see how we perform as a group.

A weekly POLL for waivers would be solid.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are people's thoughts on Cobb? He's owned in all but 1 of my leagues, but I'm a bit miffed on his value for the ROS. Would he be above/ below the likes of Golliday, Lockett, Enunwa, etc...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 4th&inches said:

What are people's thoughts on Cobb? He's owned in all but 1 of my leagues, but I'm a bit miffed on his value for the ROS. Would he be above/ below the likes of Golliday, Lockett, Enunwa, etc...?

He should be owned in ALL your leagues. Easily above the rest

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Casting Couch said:

A weekly POLL for waivers would be solid.

(imho) That may suck because some could be voting for such things as garbage stats...  

Hard to say whose that bad/good this early (for example) Chance Coach's opt to let rookies see some designed plays to get an early taste for success in the NFL while other HC's may hope to see earned playtime period while showing respect for veteran players  No way to know if its a vote based on both talent n' real potential  Copy/Paste w/ corresponding edit and other additional comments may be more helpful until we all somewhat agree on a perceived value  ex.  DaBears D truly ferocious or atrocious  A customer had me thinking Bears were SB bound and they wound up losing the game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dismattle said:

(imho) That may suck because some could be voting for such things as garbage stats...  

Hard to say whose that bad/good this early (for example) Chance Coach's opt to let rookies see some designed plays to get an early taste for success in the NFL while other HC's may hope to see earned playtime period while showing respect for veteran players  No way to know if its a vote based on both talent n' real potential  Copy/Paste w/ corresponding edit and other additional comments may be more helpful until we all somewhat agree on a perceived value  ex.  DaBears D truly ferocious or atrocious  A customer had me thinking Bears were SB bound and they wound up losing the game

?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My claims for this week (14-team, standard scoring, start 3 WRs):

  1. Lindsay
  2. Enunwa
  3. Dorsett
  4. Marshall
  5. Westbrook
  6. Yeldon

My logic: No obvious holes in my roster so far, but my RB depth is thin (Mack and Michel behind Saquon and DLewis). I'm last in waiver priority, so I won't get Yeldon, and I'm not sure how much ROS value he has anyway. I think Lindsay could be a decent scatback, though.

The rest are all WR depth. Enunwa is the only one I think has genuine value going forward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team Dynasty. PPR. Admittedly making too many moves based on week one but here it is:

Putting in contract bids on: Lindsay, Ekeler, Grant

Dropping: Booker, Doctson, Amendola

Doctson bothers me the most. I just want to believe but I'm finally giving up. 

Edited by mikec171

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Enunwa is the only one I think has genuine value going forward.

I am eyeing Enunwa as well, but I think his value takes a hit when Kearse is healthy and back on the field. 

Really struggling with the second waiver slot in a 14-teamer. I have two expendable roster spaces, and I can't decide whether to burn it to try and get Enunwa or Brandon Marshall to fill ni for ailing Baldwin and Goodwin, or for Lindsay for depth in case Fournette continues to ail (Yeldon is rostered by another owner).

And actually toying with picking up Kittle with that first pick and carrying him along with Rudolph (already on my squad) to then try to deal to either the Olsen or Walker owner. There are other TEs on the wire (Cook, Ebron, ASJ, RSJ) but I have to think Kittle or Rudolph are better options than any of those four, and I can hope for some WR depth elsewhere (Ryan Grant, Ginn, Pettis).

Any thoughts out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I am eyeing Enunwa as well, but I think his value takes a hit when Kearse is healthy and back on the field. 

Really struggling with the second waiver slot in a 14-teamer. I have two expendable roster spaces, and I can't decide whether to burn it to try and get Enunwa or Brandon Marshall to fill ni for ailing Baldwin and Goodwin, or for Lindsay for depth in case Fournette continues to ail (Yeldon is rostered by another owner).

And actually toying with picking up Kittle with that first pick and carrying him along with Rudolph (already on my squad) to then try to deal to either the Olsen or Walker owner. There are other TEs on the wire (Cook, Ebron, ASJ, RSJ) but I have to think Kittle or Rudolph are better options than any of those four, and I can hope for some WR depth elsewhere (Ryan Grant, Ginn, Pettis).

Any thoughts out there?

Only been 1 game but, I think id rather have Kittle than Rudolph 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Only been 1 game but, I think id rather have Kittle than Rudolph 

Thanks, man -- definitely trending that way, but then there is Cousin's tendency to leverage the TE and Rudolph's consistent history. 

This is the first week where I'm truly baffled on the "right" move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

 

This is the first week where I'm truly baffled on the "right" move.

Same here. I have a few open roster spots myself with the usual suspects on ww and can't get real excited about any of them.

I put a few bids in then cancelled them. I'm going to wake up in the morning and see what I can get for free this week screw it

ETA: Kittle I would be bidding on but he's owned in all my leagues

Edited by Cowboysfan8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dblock05 said:

Keenum has QB1 potential

Especially with his receivers.  Sutton has yet to assert himself at the WR1.  He'll be #2 by year's end.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.