What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Priority: What's Your Strategy? (1 Viewer)

I won't play in a league where the order resets every week. There is no strategy to that, other than tank the first two weeks, get the best guys off the wire, churn the bottom of the roster and then make a run. 
This is literally how someone won the other year. I wish I could remember who they got but first two weeks grabbed WW darlings that blew the eff up. 

Dissly is a mirage. 
Barnidge from a few years ago is the one counterexample I can think of, but yeah, when no-name TEs put up one week of production it's usually not sustainable.

That said, if you lost Walker or Olsen and there's nothing better in the WW, I could see taking a flier. Just be willing to move on in a couple weeks if you don't see it again from him

zftcg said:
Barnidge from a few years ago is the one counterexample I can think of, but yeah, when no-name TEs put up one week of production it's usually not sustainable.

That said, if you lost Walker or Olsen and there's nothing better in the WW, I could see taking a flier. Just be willing to move on in a couple weeks if you don't see it again from him
Broncos also notoriously weak against TEs. 

Wrigley said:
Waiver should reset every week, giving the lesser teams a shot at getting better 
Sure, if you're playing with second graders.  But don't you think that week after week after week of first shot at waivers is excessive?

most years I would rush to the waiver wire after week one.this year I'm sitting still with what I have. see whats panic owners drop.

I like to spend early in the season.  We charge 10$ a transaction after the first ten (goes to winnings for that year’s champ) so a lot of guys sit back early season and save transactions for bye weeks and such...

They also tend to sit on the top waiver spots for weeks and try to grab guys once waiver claims have cleared to keep their place in line.  

I tend to hang out at the last spot for the first few weeks putting claims in for players everybody wanted but didn’t want to give their spot in line for.

Got me Alfred Morris last week, knock on wood but it’ll probably get me the Bears DST and Phillip Lindsay this week.

Users who are viewing this thread